The Gift She Gives Ch. 15

Story Info
Vesper's new home.
7k words
4.88
12.6k
14

Part 15 of the 24 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/16/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The end of July brought the arrival of Saerwen, Faeron and Shi's baby daughter. She was like her father in overall appearance, but had her mother's black hair. Her big brown eyes took in everything around her, and she was, in general, a very content little baby. Shi had taken right to being a mother and although she was tired, she basked in the loving contentment that she'd found with her newly made family. Their apartment renovations had been completed before the arrival of the baby, and it was almost always where Vesper could find her friend if she wanted to visit with her and her daughter.

Elarinya had become Vesper's almost constant companion while her mother slowly worked through the torment of what had happened to her during her captivity. Mr. Hughes had not first understood why she was still in so much pain, nor had her brother, but Vesper had reminded them that she was only able to truly heal physical pain. Mental anguish could be soothed, but not truly put out by her gift. Natasha would need to come to terms with what happened to her in her own time.

Natasha had been able to slowly emerge from her protective shell in some ways during the time she'd spent at the spa. She would seek out Vesper for companionship, and the two women and the little girl would take walks around the property. They would talk about their lives, past, present, and future, and Vesper found that she could be completely honest with her new friend and not worry about being judged or told that her relationship with the fallen angel was a lost cause. Natasha had fallen in love with a unicorn, she would chuckle, stranger things have happened.

Elarinya was gaining confidence, as well. She had begun to feel more at ease around the other employees, though she was kept strictly away from all of the business transactions at the spa. Her time was spent either in Shi's apartment, the third floor rooms of either Vesper or her mother, or wherever the two women took her on the property. The little girl was intelligent and eager to learn, a trait her mother said that she'd had since birth. Vesper taught her about the plants that grew in the woods and she told the little girl about her climb up the mountains to see the satyrs. Elarinya had wanted to meet the large beasts, and Vesper had promised that she would one day, and hoped they might have something to cover their usually quite naked bodies with so that the little girl wasn't exposed to anything she ought not to see. Natasha had said that elves were quite modest most of the time, as her father's people had been, as well.

The little dark haired elf hybrid was still seeking Vesper out at night sometimes, usually starting off with her mother and then crossing the hall to climb into bed with either Vesper or Mr. Hughes when her mother began to have nightmares. The first morning that Vesper had woken and found Mr. Hughes staring down at the sleeping face of the child, his hand smoothing over her dark hair as she rested comfortably by his side had pulled quite a few strings in her heart. The angel might not have the equipment to make a child, but he certainly had the capacity to love and care for one.

August arrived and brought with it many humid, high temperature days. Vesper was pleased with the progress that had been made on her little house, and nearing the end of the month, the frame was up and the walls were in place. In a few days, she knew that the cedar siding was going to start being installed and the inside walls were already taking shape, as well. It was exciting to think that this would be her home soon. She was already starting to think about the things that she wanted to use to decorate it. Vesper had told Mr. Hughes that she wanted to go into Toronto to look at furniture and bedding and he had been very against the idea, worried that she would be outed as a nonhuman by the people there.

Vesper had tried to reassure him that she could hide her wings, as she had done all through her life before coming to the spa, and that her ears could be hidden within her hair, but he had refused to listen to reason and would not take her into town. She was furious that he didn't trust her to take care of herself, and she'd spent the next hour sulking as she sat in the meadow on a blanket with Elarinya.

"What are you two doing?" A smiling Samir walked up from behind her and Vesper craned her neck up a little to see him.

"Elarinya is teaching me to play a game." Vesper told him and patted at the blanket next to her.

Samir sat down without preamble and smiled at the shy little girl who was looking at him with her big brown eyes.

"It's so hot out here, I'm surprised you wouldn't rather be inside with the air conditioning." He arched a brow at her as he picked up one of the many stones that Elarinya had collected to use as part of her game.

"I think it's nice to feel warm once in a while, it's cold for such a long part of the year up here." Vesper shrugged, picking up a rock and moving it across the line of sticks that Elarinya had carefully placed in patterns on the blanket. The little girl's giggle made her smile warmly, she was quite fond of the child.

"Your house is gonna be done in no time. You'll have to start borrowing Shi's catalogs." Samir looked over at the structure, they could hear the hammers and saws from where they sat, the sounds echoed throughout the meadow.

"Yes, I suppose. I would have liked to actually go and pick a few things out, but Arc thinks someone will spot me." She frowned softly, looking in the same direction as the giant.

"He forgets that you lived your whole life among humans."

"He does."

"If you need a ride, I actually do own a truck and I could take you. We could go to a furniture store and order some stuff." He offered and she looked at him with a smile.

"You would take me to town?" Vesper asked, if Mr. Hughes didn't want to take her, it wouldn't really hurt for Samir to do it.

"Sure, I've got the morning off. As long as we were back a little after lunch, it should be okay." He stood back up and then helped her to her feet.

"Elarinya, I'm going to take you back to your mother. We can play again this afternoon." Vesper assured the little girl and the three of them walked back to the house.

~*~*~*~

Mr. Hughes was standing on the front porch when they returned shortly before two in the afternoon. His hands were folded together behind his back, and he had a sour look on his face as Vesper stepped out of the truck that Samir had pulled to the front of the house. They'd made several purchases on their trip and he was going to pull around later and store them in one of the sheds until her house was ready. She walked over to Mr. Hughes with Samir slightly behind her and smiled up at the surly looking angel.

"Where the hell have you been, Vesper? I texted you." He was angry, and she frowned, he really couldn't possibly believe that he could boss her into staying at the spa.

"I went shopping with Samir. We were careful and no one saw my wings. I'm quite used to walking among people in public." Vesper reminded him as she tightened her grip on the small clutch that she'd taken with her.

"And your phone?"

"I left it in my room, I think. I didn't mean to. I wasn't trying to scare you." She told him.

"You should have told me that you were going. I would have given you funds." She bit the inside of her cheek, this was him trying to be understanding despite the fact that she knew he disapproved of what she had done, it was something, "Come, there are people here that would like to meet you."

"People? Who?" Vesper asked as he turned and opened the door.

"One of Natasha's brothers has come," Mr. Hughes frowned at Samir who had instantly turned pale, "he has come to take her home."

"What?" Vesper gasped as she walked into the foyer, she hadn't considered the idea of Natasha leaving any time soon.

"So he can force her into a life she doesn't want, most likely." Samir grumbled and followed them inside.

"Samir, if you cannot behave yourself among the wood elves, you will need to stay away."

"This is my home, I'll go where I damned well want to." Samir said gruffly to his boss and followed them down the hall to a sitting room on the eastern side of the spa.

"Vesper." Natasha said softly, her voice a little strained, as they entered the room. The young elf female walked over to her friend and clutched her by both hands.

'Do not let him know you can hear me. My powers would only make him want me under his control more.' Vesper frowned as she listened to Natasha's thoughts as her eyes went to the tall, thin, dark haired elf that was standing near the windows, his eyes on them.

"Is Elarinya napping?" Vesper smiled and nodded at her friend.

"Yes." 'He wants me to go home with him, but he doesn't want me to bring my daughter.'

Vesper's gut tightened, 'why not?'

'She is light, like me, and he doesn't know much about unicorns, he is worried about her.' Natasha was walking Vesper over towards the elf in the room who was watching them still with interest.

"Thorontur, this is my friend, Vesper. She is the one that saved me." Natasha said out loud to her brother and Vesper held out a hand for him to shake, only pulling it back when Natasha told her to.

'He can enter your memories that way, remember?'

"Vesper," The older elf smiled sweetly, he hadn't missed how she'd rescinded the offer of a handshake, though he didn't comment on it, "I must thank you for what you've done for my family. We'dd had Ennostiel brought here thinking perhaps the people who had saved the vampire girl could do the same for my young sister. Your presence was...more than agreeable."

'He doesn't seem too happy that you lived.' Vesper flickered her eyes over to Natasha's face.

'He isn't. Now he feels like he still has a problem to solve. What to do with me.'

"Natasha has become a good friend, I am happy that I could help her." Vesper told the male elf and then looked around them. Mr. Hughes was standing inside and to the left of the door, and Samir was standing near the fireplace. The giant looked angry, like his body was only in its human form because changing at the moment would smash the room. His history with this particular elf was quite tragic. It was a wonder he bothered trying to control himself at all.

"Yes, well, now that she's healed, it is time for her to come home with me. I appreciate all that you and Mr. Hughes have done for her. It was a kindness. But she belongs with her people."

"Oh? I was under the impression that Natasha's home had been with her father's people. I'm surprised she hasn't asked to return there. Surely she has friends among them that can help her as she continues to heal from her captivity, and through the loss of her mate." Vesper spoke evenly, knowing by the way Natasha squeezed her hand that the girl hadn't expected her to stick up for her quite so forcefully.

"Yes, well, she has responsibilities to her mother's people, as well. It is time for her to come to Farwathain and take her place among her mother's people."

'He means for me to get married and breed more wood elves.' Natasha's voice was a scoff in her thoughts.

"She is still healing, Thorontur, surely she can have some more time here." Vesper looked back at Mr. Hughes to see him frowning, he obviously thought she shouldn't be putting herself in the middle of this.

"We have people who can care for her. Our sisters will be with her." Thorontur nodded, rubbing his hands together in front of him as if he considered the matter closed.

Vesper felt her body heat up and felt Natasha tighten the hold she had on her hand for a moment.

'He's not saying it, but he has found Domino's vampire lover. He wishes to use it to gain more access to Mr. Hughes' spa contacts.' Vesper couldn't help the way her eyes widened.

'That's terrible!' Vesper frowned as she looked back at Mr. Hughes, 'Can you somehow tell Mr. Hughes that. He should know.'

'Consider it done.'

Vesper kept her eyes on the angel, who shifted uncomfortably for a moment as his eyes became centered on the two of them, and his frown deepened and his brows furrowed.

"Natasha, do you wish to go home with your brother?" Mr. Hughes asked.

Natasha shook her head, "I would rather stay here. Elarinya is comfortable here, and she is near her uncle."

"Faeron is not the eldest-." Thorontur frowned when Mr. Hughes waved his hands in the elf's direction.

"I will not have you bully anyone on my property, Thorontur. I know how you elves work, and I know that Natasha should bow to your wishes. But you wanted to learn how I run my spa so that you can bring your own spa out of a darkly shadowed past. This is how I do it, I allow my employees and friends to make their own decisions about their lives." Mr. Hughes said sternly, "If Natasha does not wish to go, then I will not force her, neither will you."

"You should not interfere in this, Mr. Hughes. It is a family matter."

"And what of Elarinya? I know how wood elves feel about hybrid nonhumans, and she is only one fourth wood elf." Vesper's eyes widened as Mr. Hughes spoke again, would the little girl be in danger if she lived with the wood elves?

'Vesper, they would treat her like an outcast. My daughter must stay here.' Natasha sounded devastated, but knew that she was right, her daughter could not go, even if she had to.

"The child is not my concern. It is time Ennostiel spent time with her mother's people." Thorontur sighed, "Even if it was just a temporary stay, maybe she will see that we are not as evil as her father has made us out to be. She should learn about who her mother's people are now, and not just what she knows of our past."

"I would need a show of good faith to even consider allowing her to go with you." Mr. Hughes demanded in a calm voice, Vesper bit her lip, he and Natasha had to be communicating, he would never make statements like that without talking to the person involved.

"My brother is here, is that not enough to show you that we are indeed changing our future?" Thorontur sounded irritated.

"Faeron is here and has remained in my good graces because he is imprinted on one of my employees and has shown himself to be reliable and trustworthy. That does not hold true for you."

"I should think not." Samir muttered angrily and Vesper threw him a worried glance.

"I should not have to prove myself in order to gain custody of my sister."

Vesper gasped, custody? Of a grown woman? Was the man mad?

"I think you should." Samir's voice was practically a hiss as he spoke.

"This has nothing to do with you, noroth, you should leave here." Thorontur growled back and Mr. Hughes took a step forward.

"You speaking to one of my employees in this manner proves that you are not someone I can trust, Thorontur."

"You must not run a very good business if your employees are allowed to treat guests of your home in this manner." Thorontur waved a hand in front of his chest, palm down towards the ground.

"You are more than welcome to leave, Thorontur. Without Natasha."

"Ennostiel, you are a peredhil, you should know your mother's people. Surely you could come and see them, speak to your sisters, for a short time." Thorontur sighed, his aggravation clear.

"I will come for one month, but you must give Mr. Hughes something that he desires and you are keeping from him." Natasha said, taking a step towards her brother and letting go of Vesper's hand. 'Elarinya will stay with you, Vesper, I will not have her come with me.'

"I am not keeping anything from the angel." Thorontur frowned at his young sister.

"You are. You have located Alexandru, the naith medion that is being held captive. If you give Mr. Hughes that information, I will go with you, for one month." Natasha knew her brother was furious with her, he was also confused, as he didn't understand how she could have known about the information some of the wood elves of his clan had found.

"Man cerig? Nin gwerianneg!" Thorontur hissed at his sister and stepped closer to her, reaching out to grab her but stopping when Samir stepped forward and pulled the girl behind him.

"You touching her right now would be a mistake." The young looking giant's voice was deadly as he looked at the angry wood elf before him.

"If you know where Alexandru is, that would be enough for me to trust you to take care of your sister for a month, Thorontur. This can end here." Mr. Hughes' voice was still calm, and Vesper looked over at him with worry filled eyes. Was he really willing to trade Natasha's safety for the information about the vampire? Was his life more important than a mother's?

'If he agrees to a month, he would hold to his promise, it is an unbreakable rule among his people,' Natasha's voice sounded in her head, 'I will be in no real danger from him, other than being pressured to be more like an elf. It is worth this.'

'But Elarinya?'

'She will be fine, she will be with you. I will come back, Vesper.'

"You have much to explain, Ennostiel." Thorontur frowned at his sister.

"I owe you no explanation. But if you give Mr. Hughes the information he needs to save the naith medion, and give me your gwaedh that I will be allowed to leave Farwathain and return to Vorhees in one month's time, I will agree to go with you, hanar." Vesper knew that Natasha was speaking in her brother's elvish language to try to ingratiate him a little to what she was suggesting. She didn't like the idea of Natasha leaving, but Vesper knew she wasn't the one in charge here, it was most definitely the young, half wood elf who was calling the shots.

Thorontur breathed deeply and sighed, his eyes never leaving those of his young sister, and finally, he nodded slowly. "I give you my gwaedh."

His right hand began to shine a little, as if a light had stirred inside and was slowly gaining warmth. He raised it and placed it on Natasha's left cheek as she stepped out from behind Samir and approached him. Her hand had done the same thing and she reached up and touched her brother's cheek for a moment before they stepped back from each other.

"Elarinya stays here with us." Mr. Hughes said quietly, he was watching everyone in the room with caution. This had been handled quite a bit differently than he had expected, she was sure.

"The girl can come with her mother." Thorontur frowned.

"Elarinya is not your concern, hanar. She will stay with Vesper. I will know she is looked after." Natasha walked back over to her friend and clutched a hand in hers.

"I will take good care of Elarinya, Natasha." Vesper nodded, she wasn't sure if she trusted Thorontur to do as he had said, but she had faith in Natasha to make the best decision for herself.

"Where is Alex?" Mr. Hughes asked.

"I had men searching for him, as you had requested. They have found him in Belarus, outside of Hrodna. I will write down the exact coordinates for you in your office as we wait for Natasha to prepare to leave. I will allow her some time this afternoon with her daughter before we depart. Is that acceptable?" Thorontur asked.

Mr. Hughes nodded, waving at Vesper and Natasha, letting them know it was a good time for them to leave.

When they were close to the door, Vesper heard Samir chuckle low in his throat.

"Didn't go the way you wanted, did it?" The giant couldn't help but smirk at the wood elf who he hated.

"I am getting time with my sister, just as I wanted. Just as I got the time I wanted from your wife." Thorontur's response fell hard on the giant, and Vesper gasped and watched as Samir began to shake as he tried to control the way his body wanted to shift forms.

He was on the wood elf before anyone in the room could react and his hands were around the tall, thin man's throat as he slammed him into and partially through one of the walls of the room. As wood and plaster shattered and dust flew through the air, Vesper and Natasha backed out of the room and into the hallway and Mr. Hughes stepped forward, attempting to pull the giant off of the elf who had angered him.

12