The Gift - Turning Pages Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

R looked at the woman, who was watching the band, her eyes half closed, her lips open just a little. Her lips are full, and with a gasp R registered that the woman's lipstick was the same colour as her own dress, a deep red, darker than scarlet, darker than blood. How could that be? Just a coincidence, it must be. The woman turned her head towards R, her eyes creasing with a smile.

"You don't come here often," the other woman said, leaning in closer so R could hear her whisper over the flow of applause greeting the band's last song.

"No, I don't. Tonight has been... curious. I got home this evening and, well, it's been strange. I can't explain it, not really, but I wanted to make it worth it." R paused, "I'm not making much sense, am I?"

"Not really, no, but does it matter? I don't think it matters, really. You're here now, aren't you?" The woman reached out and touched her arm. "You're not a ghost, anyway!"

"No, not a ghost. Dreaming perhaps, but quite alive."

The woman smiled again, and held out her hand in greeting to R. "Hello, I'm Alexandra. It's lovely to meet you."

R knew that she should shake Alexandra's hand, as an equal, but instead she took the hand in hers and bought it to her lips, kissing the back of it in a more mannered greeting.

"Hello, I'm R. Thank you for joining me."

"The honour is mine," and they both laughed, the formalities over, both charmed by the other. This is different, thought R, I've not done this before. But Alexandra seemed more familiar, more comfortable in this place, and put R at her ease. So much so, that by the end of the break, it seemed like they were old friends, had been for years, laughing and smiling together.

I think that I'm the one being seduced here, effortlessly, R said to herself. And even though it didn't matter, she didn't need a reason, she began to tell Alexandra about the boxes on her table, her dressing up, arriving here. As she spoke, Alexandra took R's hand in her own and held it there, gently, claiming her. Alexandra idly stroked the tip of her finger along the inside of R's wrist. The movement, the thrill of it, spread with a slow heat up her arm. It was so simple, really, just the lightest touch, but that's all she wanted. Just a touch.

At the mention of the camera, the extra pack of film, and the post bag that needed to be addressed, Alexandra's eyes lit up.

"Perfect. I know exactly what we can do to use up that film. Invite me home."