The Girl Who Wasn't There Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ScattySue
ScattySue
1,860 Followers

"But... I..." I stammer, unable to explain myself and just knowing that Tanya is building up to dismissing me. I feel Freja's arm tighten around me as she experiences my fear.

"I'm sorry Ginny..." she begins.

"Ye know that if Ginny goes, I'll go too? I'll nay stay here wi' out her!" I can scarcely believe the strength and determination in Freja's voice.

Tanya seems curiously unperturbed, "Ms Mause, who said anything about Ginny going? I was simply going to say that I would have to give her a verbal warning about this. I'm prepared to accept that the attraction was mutual and that Ginny was trying to do the correct thing until you made your feelings clear. Nonetheless, this situation is far from ideal for our research; Ginny is no longer an impartial observer, so Ms King and I will have to conduct all future interviews and tests."

Relief washes over me and Freja slips off my lap and says quietly, "Thank you, Doctor. I'm sorry for misunderstanding ye." I stand and we both head for the door; as I'm about to follow Freja out, Tanya calls to me.

"Ginny, I'm sorry. Forget the warning, it was my frustration speaking; you've been a good friend to me, I know. And I may not be the world's expert on relationships, but there is something special between you two, isn't there?"

"Yes," I reply simply. "She is... perfect. How are you and Marie?"

"Oh, we're very good, thank you. She's always so fascinated by our research and the," her voice drops to a whisper and her cheeks colour slightly, "the sex is fantastic! Thank you for all you did."

"No problem!" I smile. "Thank you for understanding about Freja and me; I'm sorry it screws up the research."

"No, it doesn't really, it just gets me more involved than I otherwise would be, so you might have to cover some of the basic Departmental administration duties and paperwork for me. You'll also probably need to become more of a research subject for a while; I was serious about you trying to learn that disappearing ability of Ms Mause's."

I nod as I leave and find Freja waiting for me outside and we cannot help but hug each other in relief. "Freja, that was amazing, the way you stood up for me and shouted at Tanya."

"Aye, well, ye're very special, Ginny. I could nay have her pushing ye aboot. Ye'd ha' done the same for me."

"I certainly would, my darling Mouse. It looks like we're both going to be research subjects for a while, I've to try and learn your vanishing trick."

"Oh, goody!" she exclaims. I look at her quizzically and she nuzzles into my neck to whisper, "Well, I learned ESM when we were in bed together!" We're both laughing as we head back towards our room.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I save the file and close the laptop. There is more I need to write, but I cannot do so now: it is too hard and painful. I slip into bed to curl my body around Freja's, my brave, fearsome little Mouse who protected me as I would have to protect her. Hush now, I tell myself, we're safe here, but sleep comes slowly.

ScattySue
ScattySue
1,860 Followers
12