The Girls All Get Prettier

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JakeRivers
JakeRivers
1,063 Followers

Turning a new shade of red, one I hadn't seen before, she ducked under my arm and ran from the bedroom. I took her down to the huge basement. It was set up as an audio-visual center and all the teens, there must have been over twenty of them, were dancing to some kind of loud music ... Ithink it was music.

We went out and danced some more but finally the evening was over. When I walked her back to her car, I asked her if she had a good time. She just nodded.

Finally I screwed up the courage and asked, trying to be casual about it, "Would you like to go dancing next Saturday?"

She looked up at me with a too serious look that made me think a rejection was coming but she finally said, "Okay, yeah, okay that'd be great. Only ... well, you have to come over for dinner at my place first. I make a mean brisket."

I nodded that that was fine with me and then she surprised me by standing on her toes and kissing me briefly but firmly on the lips. Leaving me a little shaken, she jumped in the car and Timmy drove her away.

SALLY

I'd had it all rehearsed: I'd introduce Timmy as my brother right away. That should knock the wind out of Jake's sail. I don't know how he got the idea that Timmy was my boyfriend.

I was startled when Jake came out of that side door. When he kissed my cheek and said that about "welcome to the ranch ... again," I was flustered and my plan went out the window. When he started talking to Timmy like an old friend ... I became really confused.

Jake did that all afternoon – kept me off balance, that is. I thought he was moving away but he was staying here – and in that big house. I was impressed when I found out that he was running all the ranches for his boss. I was so proud of him.

Then he got me on the dance floor and the band played that song by Jim Reeves ... I lost it for a while. I had been fighting my emotions that made me want to spend more time with Jake. I'd blamed him for what happened at the house but it was really both our faults. I just got so mad at him for singing that song – about me being only a one. Tammy said I made too much of that; it was only Jake being a typical man and singing in the shower. Then the whole panty episode threw me off.

When I heard that song while Jake was holding me close:

"Step into my heart, leave your cares behind.

Welcome to my world, built with you in mind."

Well, my heart just dissolved. Later when we went swimming I was kinda shy about wearing such a skimpy bathing suit. I did like the way he was looking at me though.

It would be like that all day; I'd get comfortable then he'd knock me for a loop. The worst was when he said that about "our" house. I'd wondered if I'd misunderstood him and he went on about the red-haired babies. Darn ... little did he know!

I loved the house. The kitchen was incredible, almost intimidating. I could see giving my new baby a bath in that tub. Then that bedroom: the bed alone was bigger than my bedroom at my apartment. Then I went to look at the beautiful bathroom. It was so lovely. Then I almost got lost in the walk-in closet – I was picturing my clothes hanging there and realizing it would still look empty. Jake seemed to have this sense of timing. While I was in the closet daydreaming when he snuck up behind me and asked if that was the one I wanted.

I was excited about fixing him dinner. From what Tammy said he still had no idea about the twins. I was thinking it would be fun to show him my babies ... but what if he didn't love them? He had to. He kept on about my red hair and my kids had hair the same as mine.

Tammy came over the next day all excited about marrying Hank.

"I'm moving right in, honey. I don't want to give him a chance to change his mind. We're getting married the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Hank wants to have another big shindig and we will have both the ceremony and the reception at the ranch."

We talked a while about all that had happened – she was as stunned as I was about how fast things had happened.

She took my hand and said, "Sally, you know that Jake loves you, don't you?"

"I think I do ... I mean, yeah, I think he does. But, Tammy is he serious? Will he like the twins?"

"He likes you a lot. I do think he is sincere but you have to give him a chance to get to know you better. Do you love him?"

Wow! That was direct. I thought about it for a minute and answered, "Yes, I'm purdy sure. But I'm confused a lot and sometimes I don't know what to think. He's coming over for dinner and then we're going dancing afterwards. I'm so anxious about his meeting Bobby and Missy. What if they don't like him? I'm just a nervous wreck trying to figure everything out."

"Did you tell him about your new baby yet?"

"Oh, God, no! I know I have to tell him soon or he will see it for himself. I'm sure he would marry me to give the baby a father but I don't want pity. I want to be sure he really loves me ... and ... and that I love him the same way."

I told her about the panty episode – I guess I was trying to get sympathy. All I got from her, was:

"Damn, Sally. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Now that I think about it, it's sexy as hell."

The week went really fast with more flowers showing up on Thursday along with a package. All that the note said was, "This is for you to wear for the dance."

I opened the package and it was the same as the shirts that Hank and Jake were wearing but the right size for me. I suspected that Tammy was involved in this. On the pocket was the same logo that was on the other shirts: a circle with the letters S/T embroidered inside. I idly tried to figure out what the letters meant – I remembered that Jake had said it was their new brand.

I bought the kids new outfits for their first time to see Jake. I dressed them up like they were going to a dance: boots, cowboy shirts and all. They were dressed the same and looked darling. Jake justhad to love them.

When Jake knocked on the door that Saturday night, I shooed the kids into the bedroom. I opened the door to more roses – I could get used to this.

Jake stepped in and gave me a big hug, then he stepped back to look at me.

"Hey, that shirt looks great on you."

"Jake, I was tryin' to puzzle out, what does the S/T stand for."

"Why, honey, it stands for Sally and Tammy. I thought you knew that."

Oh, gosh. I put my hand over the logo feeling the embossed texture – trying to come up with something to say. Now it seemed so obvious but ... to cover what I was sure showed on my face, I told Jake, "Go ahead and sit on the sofa. I've got a surprise for you."

I called for the kids and they came running out, laughing like it was a game. Jake's face was a study in changing emotions. He would look at one, then t'other, then at me. He shook his head a couple of times then picked them up with a big smile on his face.

"I had no idea, Sally. This is wonderful; they look just like you. But don't think this is going to get you out of making some more."

This man was going to drive me crazy. If this was what it would be like to be married to him I'd have to think about it. It would be always be interesting though.

We sat down to eat and for a change the kids were little angels. I was surprised, actually enchanted to see Jake with them. He would tease them, ask them questions and made them laugh. I'd fixed brisket with mashed potatoes and a big bowl of fresh cantaloupe. One of the neighbors gave me some green beans and I steamed them.

The way Jake put the food away impressed me. I guess he was very active with outdoor work though. I called Judy to come over to stay with the kids. I almost cried when they ran to Jake and gave him a big hug. He looked like he might cry to. Watching them made me feel warm and cozy. I felt some unease 'cause I still had to tell him about his baby. I hadn't found the right time yet.

We went to the dance and it was great. It was much better to go with him than to feel like I was being graded like a piece of meat. Jake surprised me by drinking Cokes along with me. Later when we were doing a slow waltz I asked him about it.

"I guess I wanted to make sure you didn't worry about anything, you know, like last time. I still feel bad about that. Maybe, I don't know if this sounds right but I want you to know I respect you."

He pulled me tight and we danced for a few more dances. When the band took a break at ten we decided to take off. Jake had to go to the ranch in Uvalde to look at buying some land from a neighbor to expand the ranch. The thing he was happy about was the ranch had a full section (640 acres) in hay.

He came in for coffee and I sent Judy on home. While I fixed the decaf – Jake was okay with that – he went in to look at the kids.

I could see his eyes were damp when he came back from the bedroom. I didn't say anything – I just took his hand and led him over the easy chair. I served the coffee and we chatted for a while.

I took the cups back into the kitchen and put the rest of the things away that Judy hadn't quite finished. I came back – it was only a couple of minutes – and he was sound asleep in the big easy chair. I sat on the sofa and watched him for about fifteen minutes, smiling a little at his soft snoring. I was feeling more comfortable with him – I knew he was a good man.

I had to wake him up 'cause of his trip the next day so I went behind him and started rubbin' his neck and shoulders. He was waking up slowly then with a start jumped up.

"You must think I'm awful falling asleep on you. I'm sorry."

"Jake, the only thing I think is that you were tired. Now git on home and get some sleep."

He nodded and I walked over to the door with him. He looked like he wanted to kiss me goodnight but wasn't sure. I made it easy for him and put my arms 'round him and pulled his head down in what was meant to be a quick kiss but it quickly turned into something else. I felt like my knees were going to give out on me and I could feel him getting hard. He moved back a little – I guess he was embarrassed – and that broke the mood. He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and said he'd call me when he returned from Uvalde.

I heard his truck driving away and I collapsed in the chair he had been sitting in. I was stunned – and a little scared – at how fast the passion took over. This must have been what happened that night we met.

Damn. I still hadn't told him about what I was sure was a girl. I was going to tell him when I came back from the kitchen but he was asleep by then. I'd taken a little longer than I'd planned trying to get up enough nerve. I had to tell him soon ... another six weeks and I'd be showing.

I lay awake in bed for a long time wondering what was going to happen. It was sweet of him to drink the Cokes but I told him it was okay. I almost had to nag him to have a beer towards the end of the night.

I had dreams that night ... or maybe they were hidden memories of that night at the ranch. Had I really done those things? Wow! If he wanted to make more babies - well, that was fine with me. I guess I loved him.

JAKE

I knew I loved her. I'd never been married but I ran 'round a lot during my rodeo days. Hell, it was hard not to; the girls almost chased after us.

But I'd never felt anything like this. It wasn't the sex – although what I remembered was pretty incredible. I felt like she completed me – made me more than I was by myself. I'd been lonely for years and never knew it. When I picked up Sally's kids, I thought my heart would burst. I knew her marriage had been bad and I wanted to make her happy, to see her smile. I wanted to watch her nurse a little baby that had the same flamin' red hair she had. The image that came to mind was almost erotic.

The trip to Uvalde worked out great. I was down there for three days before we got everything wrapped up. It gave me a chance to get to know Sam, the manager down there, a little better. He was young but had a good head on his shoulders.

I started seeing Sally regularly, 'bout twice a week. I'd go over for dinner during the week and we would usually go dancing on Saturday nights. I loved her kids and I guess I started spoilin' them – at least Sally said that I did.

When we went dancing it was magic; we were so in tune with each other. I kissed her goodnight regular like now but nothing like that night after I fell asleep after that first dinner. I felt purdy dumb about going to sleep on her. I thought she'd be mad but all she did was ask, " ... if I always snored like that." She was laughing when she said that so I guess I wasn't in trouble.

Twice I had her and the twins out for lunch on a Sunday. The second time after playing for several hours, the kids went down for a nap – I'd had to hire a housekeeper and she watched them. We went out to the pool and fooled 'round for a while and then sat in the hot tub. I finally got her into another great kissing round – I even got my hand under the top of her bikini – she sure wasn't complaining but she kept turning her head to see if the housekeeper was watching so I backed off.

Towards the end of the summer I picked them up on a Saturday morning. We were driving to San Antone to spend the night. I wanted to take her, Bobby and Missy to the fantastic zoo there on Saturday and see the Alamo and have lunch on the river.

The zoo turned out to be a great idea. Everyone, including me, loved it. The day was beautiful and the twins were delighted with the animals. We rented two strollers so the kids wouldn't get too worn out. Late in the day the kids had fallen asleep and we were sitting under a large live oak just restin'. Sally looked kinda tired.

After a bit she edged closer to me and leaned into my arm, holding it with both her hands. I could see her head turn towards me so I looked in her eyes. We stayed like that for a longish time then I kissed her freckled, upturned nose. This brought a couple tears to her eyes and she looked away but still leaned on me.

Without looking at me, she whispered, "Jake, how do you feel about me?"

I knew what she was asking – she didn't want to put words in my mouth.

I turned to her and taking her head in my hands I kissed her firmly then held her back. "I love you, Sally. I guess I've loved you from our first dance the night we met. I didn't appreciate what a wonderful person you were until later ... that takes time."

"What about Bobby and Missy? Are you okay with them?"

"Sally, I've always loved kids and these two are the most wonderful I've ever seen. They look just like you. I'll talk plain, honey. I want them in my life and, if you took 'em away, I don't know if I could live with the pain. Even more I can't live without you."

"Jake, that sounds an awful lot like you are asking me to marry you. Is this a proposal?"

I had thought a lot about when, where and how I would propose to her. I wanted it to be special, to be romantic. There was no question in my mind that this was what I wanted. I'd been carrying a nice engagement ring wrapped in tissue paper for several weeks, waiting for the perfect moment. Every night I would unwrap it and leave it on my nightstand; the last thing I saw each night when I turned the light off was that ring.

I got down on my knees between her legs and looked up at her as I pulled the ring out of my pocket, "Sally, I love you and your babies and I want us to live together as a family. I promise to take care of you and give you the respect and love you deserve. I will treat your kids as my own. Marry me!"

Sally looked down at the ring and started crying. She leaned down and put her arms around me, sobbing quietly.

"Jake," she said softly, "do you want kids of our own? Do you want to wait, or what?"

I sensed there was more to what she was asking than just the words. I puzzled over it for a second then, smiling, I looked up at her.

"Sally, if you marry me I promise to start making a baby the day we get married. I don't want to wait."

She smiled at me; I knew I had said the right thing. She took my hand and put it on her abdomen. It felt ... plump. When had she started putting on weight? Of a sudden, it came to me and I felt a sense of awe as I looked up at her again.

"Yes, Jake. You don't have to wait until we get married. You started almost four months ago on that crazy night at the ranch. I do love you and the four of us accept your proposal. I've been out of my mind with wanting to tell you but I had to know you loved me; I mean really loved me before I could say anything. I tried several times but it was hard for me."

We went back to the hotel and had a great dinner. Later the kids went to sleep on one of the double beds and Sally and I lay there talking for a long time. We both fell asleep with the light on with my head on her shoulder. I woke with the first hint of dawn, as I always did, with my hand covering her belly protectively. She looked like a Madonna laying there so peaceful, her face a little puffy from the sleep.

Before we headed home, we did see the Alamo and had a great lunch at a restaurant with outside tables strewn along the river. The highlight of the day was a slow boat trip down the river. It was very pretty with the trees hanging over the water giving shade.

Driving home I knew my life had changed forever – and I was likin' it.

SALLY

I was feelin' a lot better. I could see that Jake loved we. We had a lot of fun together and I felt such joy watching the way he played with my babies. We hadn't had any more of those scorchin' kisses but I was becomin' more and more physically attracted to him.

The pregnancy was messin' with my hormones and I was up and down like a yoyo. A couple of times I was a little snappish with Jake but he would just smile and give me a hug. He was so nice that sometimes I felt like kickin' him in the shin. Other times I felt so close to him. Once in a while I would plop down on his lap while he was in my easy chair and we would just hold each other.

I had fun fixin' dinner for him and I was able to fix lunch a couple of times in his huge kitchen. I had to fight his cook/housekeeper to get in the kitchen. I guess she finally accepted that I knew what I was doin' and I wasn't goin' away. The only problem was findin' things. Some days I thought I lusted after that kitchen as much as I did him.

That changed one time when we went swimming while the kids were takin' a nap. We played 'round in the pool and that was a lot of fun. Then we wound up in the hot tub and I 'bout went crazy with lust. Jake was kissin' me hotter and hotter and then he slipped his hand under my skimpy top and I 'bout lost it. I was afraid his housekeeper could see us from the house. I had my hand on his leg and I could feel his erection against my finger. I wanted so much for him to rip my top off and to put my hand on him. Wow!

I was getting' paranoid about telling him about his baby –our baby. It came out in a way and at a time I never would've expected. We were at the zoo and he proposed in the most romantic way. I put his hand on our baby and heknew. Of course I said yes and things changed after that. I had no more hesitancy and we were really committed to each other.

We wound up having a double wedding at the ranch on that Sunday after Thanksgiving, that day we all had so much to be thankful for. It was so beautiful. Bobby and Missy did the ring bearer and flower girl honors for both of us. Tammy and I decided to wear plain white dresses. Her dress was a slim sheath and mine was looser. I never would have been able to see the slight bulge in her tummy if she hadn't told me. You had to look real close to see anything. Me, I looked like a cow even though I was only six months along.

Jules was there and gave the four of us a trip to Maui for our honeymoon. The kids stayed at home and my dad and Judy both moved in to take care of them for the week we would be gone. I should have been suspicious but I didn't think anything about it. I asked Jake on the plane and he just smiled. Later I found out therewas somethin' happenin'.

JakeRivers
JakeRivers
1,063 Followers