The Gladiators Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Master put on his best expression of shock. "Robbery!" He objected, holding a hand to his chest. "Perhaps a generous sum for one, but certainly not both!"

Gaius' expression remained perfectly calm as he looked to the siblings. "I had no idea you were so attached to these two. If they are truly worth more to you than the the price of a dozen common slaves at market, then I could hardly bear to take such treasured possessions away from you. I suppose I have no choice but to look elsewhere. I imagine your neighbors have fine stock of their own..." He replied, sighing softly with resignation as he turned to the door.

Master frowned, shaking his head. "Fine. One hundred au." He conceded.

Gaius smirked subtly, reaching into his silken garment and pulling out a small, flat square with a divot the size of a thumb. Master did the same, pulling out his own device, the two pushing their thumbs into the squares and touching devices. A soft tone sounded, and Gaius spoke. "Offering trade of one hundred aurum, in exchange for ownership of Marcus Domitius and Valeria Domitia, and associated records and certification.".

"Offer accepted." Master confirmed. There was a pause, then the defives gave another tone, and the two businessmen separated, tucking the devices away securely, transaction complete. Marcus and Valeria heard a new tone sound from their collars as their ownership transferred.

Gaius, no, Master, now, turned to his latest acquisitions. "Go and collect your belongings, then return here. You will be traveling with Primum and Lucia within the hour." He ordered.

"Yes, sir." The siblings responded and turned for the door, scooping up their house garb along the way. Marcus hesitated in the door for a moment, turning back toward Master. "Master, if I may ask, traveling where?"

Master looked surprised for a moment, then smirked. "I suppose you weren't here when I explained it, were you? You will be traveling to Nova Ostia for training. It's going to be quite different than what you're used to. You're going to become Gladiators." He explained.

Two threads in a tapestry suddenly veered in new direction. But where would their new course lead them? Only the fates can know.