The Gold Digger Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,564 Followers

Carol not knowing what to say, responded. "It was OK, I guess."

Bob asked. "If you don't like this one, there are other denominations. Do you have another preference?"

Carol answered. "No the Methodist Church is as good as any."

Bob asked. "What church were you brought up in?"

Carol answered. "Presbyterian."

Bob asked. "There's a Presbyterian Church down the road. We could go there next week if you want to."

Carol answered. "No this one is fine."

Bob asked. "You don't care much for church do you?"

Carol answered. "I like church OK. I just haven't gone in a long time."

Bob commented. "You're going to have a baby. Don't you think it should be brought up in a church?"

Carol answered. "I guess so. I hadn't thought about it."

Bob responded. "Don't you think its time to start thinking about it?"

Carol answered. "Look Bob. I don't even know where I'm going to live. I'm not married. I don't have a job. I don't have much of a future." She stopped, turned and looked him straight in the eye. "Yesterday this time you wanted to put me in a doghouse in your backyard, and now I'm supposed to be thinking about the kind of church I'm supposed to attend?"

Bob opened the passenger door and helped her get in. Then he crossed the front of the car and got in on his side. "Look. I'm not proud of the doghouse thing. Shit Carol. I still don't know what I want to do with you."

Carol sat slumped on her side of the car. The whole conversation since they'd left the church seemed to be going nowhere. In fact, they seemed to be going nowhere. What was she supposed to say. Oh joy! Instead of locking me in a doghouse, you took me to church! O happy day! I'm not a dog. I'm a church going unwed mother! She wanted to tell him to marry her. Hell! She'd already said that's what she wanted a dozen times. If he hadn't gotten the message by now, it was because he didn't want to get it. She could see it coming. Doghouse, church, now some off the beaten path shit hole! What was she supposed to say? Here's what she did say. "Look Bob. I don't care what you want. I'm through caring about anything. Do what you want. I'm tired. Worn out. I'm just not interested."

Bob was dumb-struck! He didn't let on though. He'd hoped going to church would stir up those marital juices she'd been spitting at him all this time. He thought a trip inside a church would trigger something more than an 'I don't care'. Well he cared. He cared a lot! But he was nearly out of ammunition. He turned on the ignition and started the car down the road. He considered his options. Shit! The doghouse was a really bad idea. He figured it would blow her lid off, and he'd pop the question. She'd say yes, and that would be that. Happily ever after! Shit again! The doghouse worked! It had blown his lid off! He'd figured himself out, but had overdone it with her. He was down to his last idea. Only one bullet left! He pulled the car over to the side of the road. "Carol." He said.

Carol looked over at him. She thought. He's getting ready to dump me. Where did this go wrong? I do love him. I know he loves me. All she could say was. "Bob?"

Bob sucked it up. Here was his last chance. "This is Sunday. Right?"

Carol responded. "Yes. It's Sunday."

Bob said. "OK. Let's give this thing one more week. If by the end of the week things haven't worked out, I'll let you go. I'll find a job for you someplace. Set you up in an apartment some place. And then I'll get out of your life." He held up a hand. "I'll still pay for the child. Don't worry about that."

Carol was crushed. He was dumping her! The whole church thing was just so it would be a soft landing. She wanted to scream, but she didn't. He was killing her, but she wasn't about to let him see it. Not after yesterday! "That sounds fair." That was all she said.

Bob could see the handwriting on the wall. He'd lost her. Just when he'd found himself, he'd lost her. Well. He'd play the string out to the end. There was still one last chance. "All right." He said. "I need you for the week. I'm planning a big do this Saturday evening. I want you to come. If things haven't been worked by then, we'll kiss and say good bye. Meanwhile I need you for the week. I won't make any demands other than to ask you to stay on as sort of a housekeeper till then." He sighed. "Does that work for you?"

Carol turned her head and looked out the window. She told herself she'd cried enough over this man. She was done crying. So her last week with him would be as a maid. All right. If that's what he wants! She said. "OK."

They started to head back to the cabin in silence. The low thrum of the engine was like a shrieking siren to both sets of ears.

Bob glumly thought that there was so much he wanted to tell her! He was so sorry about the stupid doghouse. He was sorry for the damn Bed and Breakfast. He wished he'd never dropped her at the stupid old peoples' home. He was really upset about letting the other men have her that night. Still! He thought. He wasn't sorry about the spanking. And he really enjoyed the anal. Even if it did hurt he didn't regret that at all. Hell, he'd already decided he'd never do it again. It was too degrading. He only wanted to worship her now. All he wanted to do was extol her virtue, advertise her beauty, and praise her goodness.

Carol bit her lower lip as they drove back to the cabin. She was afraid he might say something, because she knew if he said anything she'd start begging. She'd beg him to let her be his dog. Let her suck his dick. Crap! She thought. He'd never once asked her to do that, and in her whole life the only time she'd ever done anything like was that one night. Holy Hell she said to herself. There's only one dick on the planet she'd willingly suck, and now she'd never get that chance! She thought. She still had a week. She'd be a good housekeeper, a good maid. She doubted it now. But maybe things will turn around. "Oh shit" Carol lurched forward and started to lean out the window.

Bob looked over. "What's wrong?"

Carol pointed to the side of the road. "Pull over. I think I'm going to be sick."

Bob gave her a bewildered look. "What?"

Carol was holding her hand over her mouth. "Pull over damn it! The baby moved. I'm going to be sick."

Bob still looked confused. "The baby moved? So what. I thought morning sickness came earlier than this."

Carol answered. "How do I know. I never had a baby before. Pull over will you?"

Bob had the car on the side of the road. Carol opened her door, gagged, but nothing came out.

She looked over at Bob. "I'm gagging on an empty stomach. It's just a queasy feeling; like one you get before throwing up. I'll be all right now."

Bob asked. "You sure?"

Carol gave him a surly look. "What do you mean? Am I sure." Pointing to her still flat, but no longer waspish waist she said. "Ask him. Or her."

Bob leaned over and put his hand on her belly. "I don't feel anything."

Carol grumbled. "Well I did."

Bob turned the car off. He turned around so he could face her more fully. "Would it be all right if I leaned down and listened?"

Carol looked at him like he was an idiot. "I don't see why not. It's yours as much as it is mine."

Glad he'd used the car with the bench seats, Bob leaned down and put his head up against her stomach. "I don't feel anything, but I hear something."

Carol had her hand on his head. His hair felt soft. Her impatience was beginning to vanish. She told him. "That's the baby's heart beating."

Bob pulled his arms around her waist so he could get closer to the sound. She felt so warm and soft. He pressed his face in near where her navel was. He hadn't said anything, but he'd noticed she'd started to glow. He never told her, but he was an uncle two times over, and he'd seen how his sister glowed each time she got pregnant. There was something about pregnant women. They had a kind of sheen about them. He'd seen how Carol had been glowing for at least a month. He wished he'd told her. He could hear the heartbeat really well. It was a good steady thump ta thump. He kept holding her close. He could feel now how her hips were a little bigger and a little softer. His head was right below her breasts. He looked up. He gave her an excited smile. "I can hear it! I can really hear it!"

Carol didn't let go of his head. "I've been listening to it for weeks. I should have told you."

Bob sat back up, but he kept his arms around her waist. "You know Carol. This may sound square, but I think I sort of knew. What I mean is I noticed that you started to glow about three maybe four weeks ago." He was getting in over his head, and he knew it. "I can't exactly explain it. Pregnant women give off their own light. I've also noticed how your body's been changing."

Carol voice had completely lost its earlier edginess. "What do you mean?"

Bob tried to explain. "Well you have a softer look, and your skin is pinker. Like right now. When I was holding you. Your body gives off more heat. Last night I could tell your hips are rounder then they were just a week ago." He held up a hand. "I don't mean you're getting fat. I mean it's like your getting more womanly." He was stumbling. "I don't mean you weren't womanly before. You're a very feminine person, but you're pregnant now, and you're even more feminine."

Carol was feeling fluttery. "I know what you mean. I've felt, not weaker, but more laid back." She paused. "I didn't know you noticed."

Bob pulled her over to his side of the seat. He was feeling pretty proud. He felt more like a man. He nodded his head slightly. He pressed his cheek against hers. He looked at her with wide eyes. His pupils had dilated so that they covered the entire retina. He spoke in a soft tone. "I've noticed Carol. I guess I should have said something. You've always been a beautiful woman, but lately there's more of an inner beauty. Looking at you in that dress anyone can you're ravishing. But it's on the inside too. I can see it." He thought. Shit! Why not lay it all out! "I'm a man. But when I see you now I feel more like a man. I can't explain it. It sounds stupid. Your body looks softer, and it makes me feel. Well just different! I feel more masculine"

Carol was leaning against his chest. "I have your baby inside me."

Bob took her in his arms. He wrapped her up. He leaned down. He kissed her. It was a long, deep, warm, loving kiss. It was a passionate kiss, but it wasn't sex passion. It was a caring kind of passion. He whispered. "That's my

baby. Our baby."

Carol felt the warmth of the kiss and she responded. Her kiss was generous and warm, not sexy, just warm and real.

After about five minutes of steady kissing Bob said. "Whew." We better get home. I forgot to let Annie out before we left."

Carol sat back up, but she stayed pressed over close to Bob. She kept thinking. We might make it yet. She peaked her head up at Bob. She whispered. "I love you Bob."

Bob got the car rolling down the road. He breathed a deep sigh when he heard her say she loved him. He kept thinking. He was going to be a Daddy. If it were a girl he'd have to spoil her. If it were a boy he'd, well he'd spoil him too.

Then he thought a third big idea. I'm going to spoil the shit out of the mother too! He took his right hand and cupped her head in it. He pressed her head against his chest. He said in a gruff voice that betrayed his strong feelings. "Me too, you." This was unconscionable. He felt like crying.

Together they drove on down the road. Carol thought. Together they'll enjoy the week. Somewhere along the way they'll start to make some plans. Bob held her snugly in his right hand. He was thinking too. First he thought. This is going to be a great week, and we'll end it in a way Carol will never forget. Then he thought. Crap! How was he not going to touch her all week? Well. That was one promise he knew he would have to break.

carvohi
carvohi
2,564 Followers
12