The Good Years Ch. 01

Story Info
My life as a high school footbal player.
5.3k words
4.42
27.4k
8

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/06/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JermMan89
JermMan89
10 Followers

All the characters are at least 18 years old. This is my first story so any feedback would be great good or bad. I plan on making this a series with this being the first chapter. I also plan on each chapter being a little longer to. I hope you all enjoy.

*

Let me start off by telling you a little bit about myself. My name is Jeremy and I'm a senior at James Madison High School in Towson, Maryland. I play strong safety and quarterback for the school's football team, and last year we lost in the state playoffs. This year we're ranked as one of the best teams in the state to start the season.

I'm 5'11 about 205 lbs. short brown hair and blue eyes. My two closet friends are Tim and Brent. Tim is my might height and a little lighter probably around 190 or 195 lbs. He has a black mother and a white father so he is fairly dark skinned. He has short brown hair and brown eyes and is the star wide receiver on the team.

Brent is 6'1 and 190 lbs. black hair and brown eyes. He's probably the best athlete on the team and has the best chance to get a scholarship after high school. He is the starting free safety and splits time with me at quarterback. He's also the resident lady's man in the school. Now on with my story...

It's the first day of my senior year in high school so I didn't want to be late. "Hey honey hurry up before your late for school," my mom yelled up the steps to me. Man I hate when she still treats me like I'm 12 but oh well at least she cares.

"See you later mom." I said as I went out the door. I made the short 10 minute drive to the school and pulled into my unofficial parking spot just as Tim and Brent pulled in as well.

"Hey guys what's up?"

"Not much, just waiting for the first day of football practice to start," said Tim.

"Cant wait to see the new freshman chicks this year," Brent added.

"Dude do you ever stop thinking about girls?" I asked.

"What do you think?" Brent replied. I just shook my head.

"Tim do you know when football practice starts?" I asked.

"Umm I think in a couple weeks but I'm not sure," he said.

As we were walking down the hall Tim's girlfriend, Tanya, walked up to us. "Hey baby," she said to Tim.

"Hey girl," he said as he kissed her. Tanya is 5'8 a little thick but still curvy. She is of Mexican decent with long dark hair with big brown eyes and a pretty face.

"Hi Sam," I said to Tanya's best friend and a member of our "group."

"Hey Jeremy, how was your summer?" she asked.

"Ah it was alright, nothing special or anything."

"Any summer flings?" she asked inquisitively.

"No, no summer flings," I chuckled in reply. You see Samantha has had a crush on me since the 6th grade but I've never really viewed her as someone I could date but more of a friend, since we've been friends since like the 2nd or 3rd grade. Believe me it's not that she isn't good looking because she is.

She's a little on the short side at 5'3 but she's slim with a flat stomach. Probably an average b cup, nice shaped legs and ass. Blonde hair to a little past her shoulders with a very cute face. Most guys would die for her to have an interest in them. But we've been friends for a long time and I guess that's all I can think of her as.

"Well what about you, any guys that we should know about over the summer?" I asked her.

"Nope no guys," she said.

By this time the bell had rung and we were off to class. At lunch I made my way to our usual table with Tim and Brent already there, Brent surrounded by about 10 freshman.

"How does he do it, have every single girl in school in love with him?" I asked Tim.

"He probably puts something in the water the first day they get here," he joked.

"Hey don't be mad because all the girls love me," Brent said.

"Yea well wait to next year when you go off to college and you'll have to beg the girls to go out with you," I said.

"Nah man they'll be begging me just to talk to them."

"Sure they will," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey boys," Tanya said as her and Sam sat down at the table.

"Hey," we all said in almost unison.

"So Jeremy why don't you ask out the new girl who just transferred here, I think her name is Mary," Tanya asked.

"Yea I've seen her she's pretty hot, but she seems to be kind of an air head," I replied.

"Then you two will get along great," Sam said slyly.

"Haha very funny," I replied deadpanned. "I don't know I might talk to her to see what she's like," I said.

"You should you haven't had a regular girlfriend in a while," Tanya said.

"Yea man why is that?" Brent added.

"I don't know I guess I haven't found anyone to get serious with," I said.

"You don't have to get serious with anyone, just meet a girl and have some fun with her," Brent said.

"Yea but I'm looking to at least find someone that I could have a future with," I replied.

"Yea whatever man," Brent added.

"Shut up Brent, I think it's sweet that Jeremy wants to find someone to fall in love with and spend the rest of his life with," Sam said.

"Thanks Sam," I said.

"As long as the special someone is me," Sam said not-so-jokingly.

"Yea yea keep saying that Sam," I said.

"Man you know that in 5 years you and Sam will be married with a kid," Tim said.

"Uh huh," I replied.

The bell rung so we headed back to class. During homeroom Tanya came up and sat down next to me. "So how come you don't ask Sam out, you know she's liked you since we were in middle school?" she asked.

"Yea I know she has, we have a lot in common and were real good friends. I've just never thought of her like that, I mean I care for her and don't want to see her get hurt," I said.

"Sounds to me that you like her and just don't know it yet," she said.

"Maybe I don't know," I replied.

"Well don't take to long to figure it out or she'll be gone," she said.

"I know," I said.

"In the mean time there's Mary go talk to her," she said. So I got up and walked over to where Mary was sitting. Mary moved here from Virginia during the summer and didn't really know anyone yet so she was kinda shy.

Mary is about 5'6 slim but with very nice curves. A high c cup would be my guess, long dark hair and very nice legs.

"Hey your Mary right?" I asked.

"Yea," she said.

"How do you like the school so far?" I asked her.

"It seems nice but I don't really know anyone yet or know my way around that much," she replied.

"I could show you around if you wanted," I asked.

She smiled and said, "that be nice thanks."

"No problem. Why don't you come over and sit with me and meet my friend Tanya?" I said.

She replied, "ok."

So for the first couple of weeks I showed her around the school, and introduced her to my group of friends. Just about all the guys from the football team wanted to meet her just because she was hot. Even some guys that I didn't know would come up and act like they did just to meet her. She actually wasn't an airhead like we all thought she was.

She was pretty smart and had the best grades out of all of us. Everyone of our group liked her, Tanya had kinda taken her under her wing to dish out all the girl stuff that I really couldn't care less about.

Tim liked her because Tanya liked her and Brent wanted to sleep with her. The only one who didn't really seem to like her was Sam. I figured it was probably because I showed so much interest in her.

I hoped that it wasn't because of that because I didn't want to hurt her. But every time I asked her about it she said it was fine with her. Girls, I don't get them and I don't think I ever will. But on I went with my life.

After about a month of school football practice started and everyone was getting hyped for the season. Especially for us since this was the last year to win a state championship, and our last chance to impress the scouts to get a scholarship to college. It was the week of the first game so everyone at school was on a high.

Tanya had gotten Mary onto the cheerleading squad and I have to say she looked great in that uniform.

In the first month of school me and Mary did go out on a date, and were casually dating. During that week all the cheerleaders were in their uniforms so we did have some great eye candy that week.

"You look great in that uniform," I said to Mary.

"Why thank you," she said.

"Hey there's a party after the game tomorrow do you want to go with me?" I asked.

She replied, "sure sounds great."

"Ok just wait for me after the game," I said.

It was game day and all during school that day I really wasn't paying attention so I hope nothing really important was talked about. "Hey Jeremy wait up," Sam said trying to catch up to me in the hall.

"Hey Sam what's up," I asked.

"Do you think you could give me a ride to the party tonight? Tanya and Tim aren't going so I was wondering if I could go with you?" she asked.

Great I'm taking Mary and now Sam wants me to take her. "Umm sure, I'm suppose to be taking Mary but you can come with us if you want," I said.

"Oh well umm sure that be fine I guess. You really like her don't you?" she said a little upset.

Man why does she have to ask me that kind of question. "Umm yea I guess, I mean I like her but I don't know if it's more than just a high school fling or not."

"Yea," she replied.

"Ok well just wait after the game and we'll all go," I said.

"Ok see you later," she said.

Game Night

"Ok men tonight we're play against Poly Tech, they have a powerful high scoring offense that will give our defense a test. John Mabry is a very strong running back who was all-state last year. They also have two very fast wide receiver's that will test our corners so Jeremy and Brent as our safety's I'm going to need you two to step up tonight," coach Robinson said.

"We're ready coach," me and Brent said.

"Good we're going to need you. Also you two are going to split time at QB tonight. Jeremy you'll take the first possession and Brent you'll take the second. We might put you both in the together for a trick play or two. Ok everyone lets go kick some ass!"

We ran out onto the field to a roaring crowd and cheerleaders cheering. Friday nights on that field is the best feeling you could have. The game started kinda slow, no one scoring until the end of the first quarter when they scored on a long run by their star. The second quarter started and it was my turn to quarterback that drive.

We wanted to go out a score right away to answer their touchdown to take some of their momentum away. The first two plays were run plays and we didn't get very far only gaining 3 yards. So it was 3rd and 7 and we called a pass play, I hiked the ball and almost immediately the play broke down.

The offensive line blocked just about no one so I scrambled to the right and had a guy chasing me and two linebackers coming straight at me, I knew even if I did throw it I would get creamed.

Just as I was going to tuck the ball and just run for it I saw Tim come across the middle and I threw the ball right as the two linebackers hit me. Tim caught the ball and ran about 20 yards before being tackled.

When I got up my left knee hurt like hell, so I limped off the field to get it looked at. While the team trainer was looking at it Brent came in and led the team down the field for a touchdown to tie the game.

The trainer was looking at my knee and said that it just twisted badly but if I could get up a run without pain I could go back in. Coach told me to sit the rest of the half and I'd try to go back in the second half. We scored one more time in the first half when Brent intercepted a pass and returned it all the way for a touchdown to take the lead 14-7.

During halftime coach came into the trainer's room to see me. "How you doing son?" he asked.

"I'm ok its sore but I think I can play," I said not so assuringly.

"Well get out there and run around a little to see how it feels and if it's ok then you'll come in and just play safety. I don't want you to play quarterback so you don't take as many hits on your knee," coach said.

"Ok coach I'll go test it out," I replied.

So I went out to the field to run a little and make some cuts on my knee to see how it felt.

"Jeremy how's your knee," Sam called over to me.

"It's just sore, I'm going to run around some to see if I can play on it," I said.

"Ok well be careful," she replied with a worried expression.

"Oh Jeremy are you hurt?" Mary came over and asked.

"I'm ok just a little sore," I said.

"Oh please be careful I don't want you to get even more hurt," she said.

"Really I'm fine," I said. So I went ran around some and made a few cuts but it still hurt and coach told me he would only play me if he had to, to be safe with my knee.

In the third quarter Poly dominated scoring two touchdowns and stuffing our offense until we couldn't even get a first down. Starting the fourth quarter we were behind 21-14. We scored pretty quickly when Brent threw a play action pass to Tim down the sideline to tie the score. Poly came right back and kicked a field goal on their next possession to make it 24-21 Poly.

The next drive we couldn't get anything going so we had to punt. But on Poly's next drive they fumbled the ball and we got it back. After a few plays our running back Jamaal ran down the sideline 30 yards for a touchdown to take the lead 28-24.With about three minutes left in the game they got the ball back and I convinced coach to let me get back in the game.

The first two plays they got first downs on running plays. They were on the 50 yard line with about 1:30 to go in the game. The next play was a pass which was caught and gained them about 15 yards and then took a time out.

They were on 35 yard line with just over one minute to play. "Ok men this is why we play the game, it's time for us to step up and make a play out there. Now let's go out there and stop them!" coach said.

Brent added, "lets go make a play, don't let them catch a ball and if they do hit them so hard they gonna wish they didn't come out here today. Now let's go!"

We were fired up for the last minute of the game I felt like I could do anything and couldn't feel any pain in my knee. On the next play the quarterback dropped back for a pass and had to roll out because of the pass rush.

When he let the ball go me and Brent both had a great jump on the ball. He undercut the receiver and jumped to try to catch the ball and just missed it tipping it with his fingers.

When he tipped it it changed direction and was falling away from me so I changed direction quickly took a few steps a dove to try and catch it.

I caught the ball right before I hit the ground but when I did the ball popped out and just out of my grasp. I felt terrible that I let my team down and gave Poly another opportunity, but I tried to put it out of my mind and focus on the next play.

Brent came over and said, "hey just put it out of your mind, that was a tough play you did the best you could just focus on the rest of the game lets go." The next play they got 10 yards and a first down but with only 10 seconds left. So here we were 10 seconds left in the game Poly on the 25 yard line only one or two more plays left.

The QB dropped back read the defense and threw to a WR running a corner route to the end zone. I read him perfectly and ran over to the receiver.

The ball was overthrown and I dove at the ball and this time caught it and held onto it as I hit the ground in the end zone. The game was over and I had won it for my team, the place went wild as my teammates came running over to me celebrating.

"Yea boy that's how we play football!" yelled Brent.

Tim added jokingly, "good thing you made up for that drop earlier."

"Man shut up," I said laughing.

"Nice play son, glad you convinced me to put you back in."

"Anytime coach," I replied.

As we walked back to the locker room Mary came running up to me "you did, you won. You did great I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks Mary, let me take a shower and I'll be ready to go to the party," I said.

"Ok just hurry up," she replied. Tim was busy kissing Tanya so I figured I wouldn't wait for him and just keep walking towards the locker room.

Brent was probably with a couple girls by now so I figured he'd be ok. As I got there Sam came up and gave me a hug and said, "congratulations on the win you played good, how's your knee?"

"Thanks, umm its ok it's a little sore but it should be fine," I said.

"Ok just don't party to hard tonight and hurt it even worse," she said.

I said laughingly, "ok I won't."

"I'm serious Jeremy, I don't want to see you get hurt," she said with a glare.

"Ok ok I promise I'll be careful," I replied. "Now let me go take a shower and get changed so we can go to the party."

"Ok I'll go wait with Mary," said Sam.

I took a shower and was getting dressed when Brent came over and said, "you gonna fuck Mary tonight?"

"Why is that all you think about," I replied.

"Hey I'm just saying that if you wanted to she would I can see it in her eyes," he said.

"Well whatever I don't know maybe I will," I said.

"You'd better cause if you don't soon I will," he added.

"Anyway so Tim how come you and Tanya aren't going to the party?" I asked.

"What are you talking about we're going," he said.

"Sam said you two weren't going that's why she asked me to take her," I replied.

"Believe were going," he said.

"Looks like you have two chicks who want you," Brent added.

"Yea maybe she's a little jealous of Mary and doesn't want you to forget about her," Tim said.

"I don't know maybe, Sam's been kinda weird since Mary has been hanging out with us," I said.

"Look Sam likes you and hasn't really dated anyone that I know of, I think she's waiting for you to get your head on straight and realize that you have feelings for her," Tim said.

"How many times do I have to tell you all that I don't have feelings like that for her," I said getting a little upset.

"Whatever dude even I can tell you have some kind of feelings for her," Brent added.

"Come on lets just go to the party," I said sighing.

When I got outside I walked up to the girls, "hey you two ready to go," I said to Mary and Sam.

"Yea let's go," Mary said. We got in my car and drove to the party about 20 minutes away.

It was at one of the guys on the team house. We walked in to loud music and whole lot of people dancing. I got a drink and made the rounds to say hi to everyone.

I went up to Ryan, whose house it was, "hey man thanks for the party."

"Hey no problem, my parents were out of town so they won't know. By the way are you and Mary dating or just friends?"

"We're dating," I said.

"Damn I was going to ask her out, oh well I'll fine someone else," he said.

"You do that," I said laughing.

After talking to a few more people I decided I'd go talk to Sam to see why she made up an excuse to come to the party with me. "Hey Sam, how are you enjoying the party so far?"

"It's pretty good so far," she said.

I decided to play with her a little. "Oh look there's Tim and Tanya I thought they weren't going to be here?"

"Oh yea umm I guess they decided to come after all," as if trying to convince me she didn't know they were going to be there. "So where's Mary?" she asked trying to change the subject.

"I don't know probably off dancing somewhere, come on why don't we go dance?" So me and Sam went off and danced for awhile and then Mary came over and joined us. After a few more dances and drinks we left.

First I took Sam home. "Thanks Jeremy for giving me a ride tonight, bye Mary."

"Goodnight Sam," Mary said.

"Cya Samantha," I said.

Sam came over to my window and punched me in the arm, "you know I hate it when people call me Samantha." I just laughed.

JermMan89
JermMan89
10 Followers
12