The Grad House

Story Info
Grad student transforms with help from three new room mates.
12k words
4.67
66.4k
71
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I can hardly believe that almost two years has gone by since I moved into this house. It's been more than just walls and floors and a roof to me. It has been family and it has been home. It changed my life. It changed everything. Now that my masters' degree was close at hand, I would have to move on to an uncertain future. I was having a hard time picturing myself leaving. It was a problem I never had before at any stage of my life. I had always looked forward to the next step, the next school, the next role in life. This was different though. I was a different person than I was two years ago when I first arrived here and the new me was scared of change.

It was two years ago when I rolled into town on a bus with my bachelors' degree in social studies in hand. I went by my birth name, Nate Shmidt, short for Nathan back then. I was twenty-three but in retrospect, I was young and naïve. I imagined myself back then, short, light weight, with shoulder length curly blonde hair and bright, baby blue eyes with imaginary stars twinkling in them. I would have been wearing my school jacket from my old university that I had recently graduated from with its blue and gold colours because it was unseasonably cool for an early September day. The jacket made some people think I was jock despite my small size and soft appearance. The jacket leant me some masculinity even though the closest I came to being an athlete was being fairly good at ping-pong.

My professor and protégé, Doctor Andrew Carlson, a world renown professor of globalization, met me at the bus station and gave me a ride to campus. I was very thankful to get the opportunity to come to this school and get this professor for my masters' studies. The list of grads applying was huge. There was great prestige in studying under Professor Carlson. My bachelors' degree was fine, but it wasn't good for much more than getting a manager's position at a fast food chain restaurant. A masters' degree from Doctor Carlson came with connections and prestige. A grad could write their own ticket, as most had done before me. I was lucky to get selected. Doctor Carlson had read my thesis on globalization. It got a mediocre mark but it was unconventional and original. My professor had sent it around and Doctor Carlson took notice and sought me out. He said that he admired my mind and my way of looking at things. He convinced me to come study in his masters' program.

The reality of things was not so shiny. I was already in student debt up to my eyeballs. Two more years at a prestigious school would more than double that debt, despite the bursary that was sent my way. My parents were of no help financially. They divorced when I was nine. Neither of them showed up for my university graduation, nor my high school graduation either. They probably didn't even know what town I was moving to even though I had told them both. I had eighty dollars in my pocket. I didn't even have a place to stay.

Professor Carlson took me to the school and walked me through administration. Housing was very limited. I had no choice but to bunk with three under grads in the dorms. It was a shit show right from the start. My roommates were all young and stupid and wanted to do nothing but smoke weed, drink beer, throw up and play loud music. Sure, I was like that when I was a freshman but I was so over all of that. The first thing I did was go hunting for off campus housing. It was a small town and the best places were all taken.

The second dilemma I had was getting a part time job. Not only did I have to worry about student loans but needed money in my pocket for little things, like food. Luckily for me, I had plenty of experience. I had worked as a waiter and bartender at a few bars on and off campus at my previous school and came with solid references. I had told Doctor Carlson about my dilemma before hand in an e-mail and he told me that he would set me up with an interview at a place near the campus.

I arrived at the Lancaster Pub for my scheduled interview. It was nothing like the bars I had worked at before. The Lancaster Pub was an old school English style pub, with real brass taps, a solid oak bar, bookshelves, big velvet chairs and lots of high end booze. There was only quiet, soft jazz music playing. It looked to hold only thirty or so customers at a time. I was used to working bars that held hundreds and even thousands with mind shattering music playing so loud that customers had to scream their drink orders at me from only inches away which was usually cheap beer or vodka, or shots of tequila, Jack or Jagermeister. After getting through those nights, I usually had to mop up puke, spilt beer, broken glass and sometimes blood before closing. The Lancaster Pub however, seemed like it had never seen that kind of disgrace in it's history. They didn't even carry Jager behind the bar.

I met with Ray, the manager of the Lancaster who gave me the once over. I had a non threatening look to me. I never intimidated the alpha males. In fact, many had tried to pick me up over the years when they were drunk enough. I had been tempted a few times as I found myself attracted to some guys as well as girls but had heard horror stories of what those guys were like toward guys like me at the end of the date so I had always erred on the side of caution. Sometimes I justified my decisions on the fact that I had a girlfriend at the time. I had several girlfriends throughout my undergrad years. I may have not looked like the macho, masculine, jock type but a lot of girls went for my baby blue eyes and non threatening, pretty boy appearance. Unfortunately, none of those relationships ever lasted long. My last girlfriend left without saying goodbye, the day after graduation. She just left me a note.

Ray was impressed by my resumé and quizzed me on some complex cocktails. I nailed all of his questions so he gave me a practical test. Again, I impressed the manager and he told me that I could start the next night. He would shadow me for my first few shifts to make sure I fit in okay. He told me to wear black dress pants, polished shoes, a white collared shirt and a black vest. It was a step up from the "party of the week" tee shirt and jeans that I was used to wearing at my previous bar jobs. I was quite happy though for the job and even showed up early to work.

Right after six o'clock, the pub started to fill with customers. As I expected, the crowd was void of younger undergrads looking to get wasted. They would be at the campus bars or the theme bars down town. The Lancaster's clientele was mostly university staff and faculty. There were lots of tweed jackets. It also included the more mature, well dressed grad students. They mostly ordered pints of imported beers, fancy cocktails or high end scotch. I was impressed by the tips those people gave too. Instead of a buck or less for a beer, I was getting two to five for most drinks.

It got busier as the night went on. A group of three male grad students in frat blazers came in and livened the place up a bit. A lonely looking forty- something woman sat alone at the bar, looking nervous. I tried to start a conversation but she seemed to want to be alone. It was fairly busy when the trio rolled in. They were lead by a gorgeous Asian woman with long black hair, an hour glass figure, a black pencil skirt and a tight red business blouse carrying a large designer purse. She strutted with confidence in her high heel shoes. She looked like she owned the place. She was followed by a short, slim white girl in a little black dress. She had fair skin, some freckles and gorgeous, straight auburn hair that hung down just below her ass. She had a perfect smile, high cheek bones, delicate features and walked with the poise of a prima ballerina. They were accompanied by a six and a half foot tall, skinny white guy with kind of messy brown hair, blue eyes, glasses and wearing a tweed blazer. They all looked to be in their twenties but the Asian girl was tough to read for age.

The Asian girl received a lot of nods and waves from the other customers. She seemed to know everyone. She walked over to the group of frat boys who she greeted with handshakes. She introduced the ballerina to them who gave them all hugs. The white girl stayed with the young men while the Asian lady moved around the room with the tall guy in tow. She met with the lonely woman at the bar and introduced the tall guy to her. They moved off to a private table for two while the Asian lady made her way to the bar and took an end seat by herself. Right away, someone came up to her and had a short private confab with her before going back to his own table.

I made my way over to the sexy dragon lady to offer my service. "Good evening Miss. What can I get you?" I offered. She could have been thirty or twenty, I couldn't tell but I felt it safer to use "Miss" instead of "Ma'am".

She had a smug, confident look to her. "You're new here. What's your name pretty boy?" she asked as she stared through me, as if trying to read me.

With my best customer service smile, I answered, "I'm Nate and yes I am new here. What would you like tonight?"

"So your name is Nathan. Well Nathan, I'll have a red wine," she answered back.

"We have a nice dry Merlot, a 2009 Benchly that you might..."

"Whatever pretty boy, so long as it's red. Chop-chop!" she interrupted.

"Right away Miss," I retreated. I poured her a healthy, full glass and served her with a smile. Just then, Ray appeared from the back and went straight to her.

He put on a big smile and greeted her, "Good evening Miss Nguyen. So lovely to see you again. Has Nate been looking after you?" He seemed to be grovelling to the bitchy woman.

"Yes he has. It must be his first day. He seems nice enough. He's prettier than any of the girls you ever had working here," she told him. Ray laughed with an obvious fake laugh.

Ray then turned to me. "Nathan, this is Kelly Nguyen, one of our best customers. Make sure you take good care of her," he instructed. Ray then lingered around the bar to watch me. I continued to study the hot mystery woman as I worked, making sure her glass was always full. She had a beautiful face, perfect almond shaped brown eyes and a light Dijon tone skin. By her name I figured she was second or third generation Vietnamese. She didn't have the stereotypical skinny frame of a south Asian woman though. She had nice curves in all the right places on a stocky, five and half foot frame. She had some muscle like she worked out. Her hair was black as night and was so silky that it reflected the bar lights. She had a pleasant smell of exotic flowers. Her attitude was all business though.

Over the next hour or more, several people came up to greet her. They talked quietly and shook hands or something down where I couldn't see. The company would leave after a minute or two, just to be followed by somebody different a short time after. In the breaks she would be busy texting on her phone, and taking small sips of her wine. I was trying to figure out her game. She might have caught me staring.

"Hey, pretty boy, Nathan, come here," Kelly ordered.

I went over and smiled. "Everybody just calls me Nate, Miss Nguyen," I said.

"Ya, I don't care Nathan. Listen. You're new in town. So here's the deal. Whatever you think you see in here, with me, is nobodies business, alright. Can I trust you to be cool?" she pried. So, she was a drug dealer.

"Of course, of course! What happens here, stays here. I got it," I replied.

She seemed to study me for a moment before cracking a sly smile for the first time. She reached up with her perfectly manicured red nails and stroked my smooth chin. "Good boy. Now, I know everyone in this town and everyone knows who I am. I am a business woman so if there is anything anybody needs, I can get it... for a price. Remember that. If you are looking for anything, you only need to ask me, okay?"

That turned a light on in my head. "The only thing I need is an inexpensive apartment off campus that I don't have to share with puberty challenged undergrads," I answered in light jest.

Kelly looked at me seriously though. "Hmm, maybe. Are you a grad student?" she inquired.

"Yes, yes I am. I'm studying globalization under Professor Carlson for my masters' degree," I told her with some surprise. Did she do real estate too?

"I'll see what I can do. You work again tomorrow night?" she asked. I nodded my reply. She settled her tab and dropped a fat twenty dollar tip for me. After her run of customers dried up, she headed over to the other girl that she came in with who was surrounded by the frat boys who were treating her like a spoiled princess. Kelly whispered in her ear which made the princess turn and look at me. She nodded to Kelly. Kelly then went to the corner table with her tall, male friend and the lonely woman who were now pretty friendly with each other. Kelly whispered in his ear too causing him to look my way as well. After he nodded, Kelly waved goodbye and left the pub on her own.

The tall guy came over to the bar once to order two drinks. He engaged in a little small talk and seemed to be sizing me up. He was friendly enough. Soon after, he and the lady left together with his arm around her shoulder .

The princess never came to the bar herself. One of the frat boys always came over to buy the drinks. She was drinking expensive champagne. She had a permanent smile on her face and acted very flirty. She played with her long hair and showed off lots of leg, They were amazing too. Her legs were tone and muscular and she had a firm, round ass, like a dancer. Her low cut dress showed off her braless cleavage which was modest, perhaps a small B cup but her nipples stood out through the material of the dress. Every once in awhile, she would try to steal a glance at me with her big, round, hazel eyes. When I looked at her, she grinned and winked before returning to her company and laughing at their bad jokes. She seemed to be acting a part. She left with the frat boys about an hour before closing. Even after all the bubbly that she drank, she still walked with her chin up, back straight and had the grace that she walked in with.

The next day, I couldn't get any studying done with the morons in my room. I took my laptop to the library to get my work done there. When finished I returned to the dorms for a shower and got ready for work. After an hour or so at the Lancaster, Ray told me he trusted me and was going to leave me alone. He had plans and had been working doubles for weeks. He needed a night off. I was happy that I gained his confidence enough to be trusted with the keys.

Later that night, Kelly Nguyen showed up again. Once again, her bombshell figure was emphasized by a tight business skirt suit. This time it was grey with a white blouse, opened scandalously low which showed off some nice C cup cleavage. She was alone and took her same stool at the end of the bar.

"Good evening Miss Nguyen. Nice to see you again. Will you be having red wine again tonight?" I greeted.

"Bring me a dirty martini Nathan, one olive and two hot peppers, shaken of course," she demanded with a cool demeanour.

"Right away!" I replied and mixed her cocktail. After I served her, she ignored me for a while as she was glued to her phone. Soon, her customers came up and did business with her just as the night before.

Part way through the night, a nervous man at the other end of the bar handed me an envelope and asked me to give it to Kelly. I hid the envelope out of sight quickly which felt like it was stuffed with cash. I mixed another martini in the shaker and brought it over to Kelly. "May I top up your glass Miss?" I offered. She nodded. As I poured, I casually slipped her the envelope under a napkin. "From the gentleman in the brown tweed jacket and round glasses," I whispered.

Kelly smiled devilishly at me. She took the envelope and slid a small brown bag under the same napkin to me and told me to deliver it to the same man. I did it as discreetly as possible. Kelly seemed pleased. Was it a test? The rest of the night was uneventful but Kelly asked me a lot of personal questions whenever I was around her. She wanted to know where I was from, how old I was, who I knew in town, what I was studying, details about my family, if I was single. I put it down to friendly curiosity. She really did want to know everything about everyone.

Late in the evening, just before she left, Kelly bought up my apartment dilemma. "So, I might have a room that would suit you Nathan, if you're interested?" she teased.

"Of course, yes. I had no idea you would find anything so quick. I thought everything was taken in this town," I told her.

"Well, this room is special. It's in my own house. I wouldn't rent it to just anyone but if you come by tomorrow at noon, I will show it to you," Kelly informed me. She passed me a business card with her name, cell number and address on it.

"Thank you very much, I will be there," I grinned. She gave me a half grin and left for the night leaving behind a fifty dollar tip for me.

I made sure to be up and ready when I went to check out Kelly Nguyen's house. The weather had warmed up so I wore some board shorts and a red beer shirt. It was a big, older house, probably built in the forties or fifties. It was close to the school. It wasn't like a mansion or anything like that. The house was modest in appearance with white siding, a front porch, three levels and a big backyard surrounded by an eight foot high fence. I rang the doorbell and Kelly answered the door. She was dressed casual in a pair of cut-off denim shorts and a white tank top which really showed of her delicious curves. Kelly's long black hair flowed like a river of oil. She smiled and invited me in. "Come in for the tour Nathan," she said. I had given up on trying to get her to call me Nate.

She guided me around the main floor which was large and open. "Over here is my bedroom. Across the hall is my office which is out of bounds unless I invite you in," she said. I noticed that she never said anything about her bedroom being out of bounds. She continued, "This is the kitchen and dining area and over here is the living room, common area." It was clean and large. The living room had a large leather sofa and three big soft chairs and a huge flat screen TV plus a stereo system. The kitchen had old style cupboards but all modern appliances. "There is the one bathroom on this level which anyone can use the toilet when they're downstairs but the bath and the rest is just for me. You all have a bathroom upstairs for your showers and stuff. I just recommend getting in there before princess SJ does or you'll be waiting forever."

"Downstairs in the basement is where the laundry machines are which are free plus the furnace and water heater, not much else. Come see the back," she instructed. The back door lead to another porch and a big fenced in yard that a had a fire pit for camp fires. There were three big sheds with locks on them in the yard too plus a small green house. I could imagine what she used those for.

"Let's go up and see the room, pretty boy," Kelly told me as she lead me up the steep staircase. On the second level there were only three doors. "That room is princess SJ's. In between is the bathroom. The stairs lead up to the loft apartment which is just one room. Derek lives up there. This room over here will be yours. Have a look," Kelly said as she opened the old wooden door. The room was huge. It was twice the size of the one I was sharing with three other dudes. It had hard wood floors with a big oval rug. It had a big queen size bed in an old brass frame. There was a chest of drawers and a big closet. There was also a big L shaped computer desk and a book case.