The Harem Ch. 08

Story Info
The ending, and the beginning.
2k words
4.63
19.5k
4

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 07/13/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let me pass! The High Lord will hear me, I tell you, let me pass!"

Magdalyn stirred sleepily, only vaguely aware of the commotion coming from the private dining room downstairs. Beside her, Nictolanus threw the covers off and the bed curtains open, blinking owlishly at the bright light streaming through the windows. He had slept much later than he had intended, the previous night's activities leaving him more lethargic than he would have imagined. Searching the chamber for a robe, he turned back to the bed when he heard the sheets rustle louder.

"There is no need for you to be involved. I shall let her tell her stories, confront her, and send her on her way."

Magdalyn stood, wrapping the sheet around her. Brushing her hair back, she replied, "There is need. We begin as we intend to continue--together. Besides, I find myself curious as to what her grand and brilliant plan is."

Before Nictolanus could make any further comment, there was a loud clatter and the sound of hurried footsteps. As one, they turned to watch Helenia rush up the last few stairs, throwing herself on the floor at the High Lord's feet. Behind her, Ikthyer, Cyrenia, and Kallisana stopped, bowing low at the sight of High Lord.

"I assume that there is some reason for this severe lack of manners." Nictolanus crossed his arms over his chest and stared blandly at the figure prostate before him. Helenia raised her pale, tear stained face, her lips trembling slightly. Nictolanus raised one eyebrow. "I'm waiting."

"That girl, that wench, has tried to poison me. She had the kitchens send me a special drink, one she prepared herself. Before I drank of it, I smelled the distinct odor of pennyroyal." Helenia pushed herself to her knees, pointing one finger at Magdalyn's still figure. "She tried to abort my child, your child. She is evil, and must be sent away before she tried again and succeeds."

Before Nictolanus could respond, Ikthyer had crossed the room and hauled Helenia to her feet. Delivering two backhanded slaps in quick succession, he hissed into her face, "You stupid, stupid woman! Too stupid to even achieve a decent plan to bring your enemy down!"

"Enough, Ikthyer. We are all aware of Helenia's capabilities." Nictolanus stared at Helenia with cold, distant eyes. Helenia attempted to take a step back, her breaths coming in sharp pants, but Ikthyer held her still. The handprints stood out, sharp red against her pale skin, which only grew paler as Nictolanus continued speaking.

"Helenia, however, is unaware of the fact that I know there is no way she could be with child. No member of my harem could have conceived a child."

"You have visited my bed at least twice a week for the past six months." Helenia's voice shook as she laid a hand piously over her belly. "I assure you, I carry your child, despite the attempts of that bitch."

"Lies." Kallisana stepped forward, her normal placid features sharp and fierce. "Magdalyn has not yet had time to become acquainted with the stillrooms, or the kitchen staff. Pennyroyal is grown in the most secure stillroom, one that she would not have been granted access to without the High Lord's permission."

Seeing the confused look on Magdalyn's face, Cyrenia explained, "Pennyroyal is an abortificant. One that you almost assuredly did not have on the colony. The founders and elders would have been more concerned with growing the population, not destroying it."

"While all of this is true, there is one important piece of information that only four people are privy to, all of them in this room." Flicking a glance in Kallisana's direction, Nictolanus said, "Would you care to inform Helenia how I know she could not be pregnant?"

Studying her nails, Kallisana replied, "Each evening, the young women of the harem are given a special restorative drink. This drink also includes a liquid contraceptive. Do you understand what that means, Helenia?"

Helenia's mouth opened and closed, but no sound came out. After a moment, Magdalyn spoke.

"Checkmate."

Letting loose with a wild scream, Helenia lunged towards Magdalyn. Nictolanus caught hold of her arms, wincing when the screams pitched higher. One look at Ikthyer had the eunuch summoning the guards. When they entered the room, they bowed their heads, keeping their gazes averted from Magdalyn.

"Have her sent to the traders. They leave this morning for another cross galaxy trip."

Helenia stopped screaming, whirling around so that her arms and body were twisted painfully. Eyes wild, she whispered, "The caravans? You would send me to the caravans?"

"Better the caravans than to the gallows for treason." Nictolanus pushed her towards the waiting guards, pausing a moment before continuing. "You plotted against both myself, the High Lord, and Magdalyn...the future High Lady."

Helenia's eyes rolled back into her head, and her body went limp. The guards carried her from the room silently, although Nictolanus knew they would spread the news as soon as they had disposed of the prisoner. Ikthyer, Cyrenia, and Kallisana beamed smiles of approval and bowed their way out of the chamber, also in a hurry to spread the word.

Nictolanus sprawled in a chair next to the fire, beckoning Magdalyn toward him. Pulling her down into his lap, he cupped her cheeks, asking, "So silent, little one? So unlike you."

"You could have been less harsh with her." Magdalyn laughed at the incredulous expression that crossed his face. "Even I, ignorant as I am, know how rough the caravans are. She will be lucky to survive a month."

"Soft heart," Nictolanus murmured, stroking her cheek softly. Brushing his lips over hers, he whispered, "No remark on your new position?"

"You have not asked me." Magdalyn arched one eyebrow at Nictolanus's half smile. "If you would have an answer, you would need ask a question."

"You intend to make my life crazy, don't you?" Nictolanus wound his hand in her hair, bringing her mouth closer to his. "Would you wed with me, little one, bear my children, share my life?"

"You had only to ask." Taking his lips in a deep, drugging kiss, she drew back and smiled. "How soon can we be wed? I would not wish for a long engagement."

Nictolanus smiled slowly.

* * * * *

The third moon rose as the priest pronounced them man and wife, and Nictolanus bent to kiss his bride with a hunger that had the villagers cheering loudly. Stooping and lifting Magdalyn over his shoulder, Nictolanus strode through the crowd of well-wishers, intent only on gaining their chamber. The crowd cheered louder as they realized his intent, and wagers began on how soon an heir would be born.

Laughing, Magdalyn swatted weakly at Nictolanus's shoulder, yelping when he swatted her behind in retaliation. When he set her lightly on her feet, she brushed her hair back from her face and shoulders, laughing up at him. "When will you learn that I have two feet that are perfectly able to carry me where I need to go?"

"Most likely never." Tossing the circlet and veil from her head to the floor, he cupped her shoulders. "Come, wife. I think we have both waited long enough."

Magdalyn raised her head as Nictolanus lowered his, meeting him halfway. The word "wife" sent a thrill through her nearly as bright and sweet as his kiss. His hands were gentle on the heavy, cream colored silk, despite the desire to hurry. Time melted away as one kiss flowed into the next, a long stream of pleasure.

Lifting his head, he turned her away from him, his fingers shaking slightly as they unfastened the buttons. Silk parted to reveal pale skin underneath, the texture even finer than the fabric that covered it. His hands slid the dress from her body, letting it fall to the floor in a puddle.

Turning her around to face him again, he lifted her up, carrying her to the bed. Placing her gently on the turned down mattress, he shed his own clothes hurriedly, smiling at her low chuckle. "Laugh now, wife. You'll need your breath for later."

Laying himself over her, he captured her mouth, plunging his tongue into her eager mouth. Hands, both his and hers, roamed eagerly, sighs and moans blending on the early evening air. When his mouth rushed down her torso, she tangled her hands in his hair, arching her hips up to meet him.

His tongue slid over her, into her, and had her moaning out his name. When she would have pressed him tighter to her, he shifted and traced his way back up her body, already slick with sweat. Burying his face briefly in the crook between her neck and shoulder, he drew in a deep breath, struggling to control the desire raging through him.

Moving more solidly between her thighs, he braced his weight on his elbows, taking another deep breath. "There will be only a moment of pain, I swear."

Magdalyn bit her lower lips lightly, and nodded her head. She felt the thick head of his shaft sliding lightly around the opening to her body and closed her eyes, concentrating on relaxing. Cyrenia had told her that the pain would be less if she was relaxed, and Magdalyn drew in a deep breath as she felt him enter her body, stretching her slightly.

Sweat rolled off Nictolanus's forehead, but he held firm and continued to move slowly into her. There was a brief moment of resistance, and then he sank in fully, the heat of her body almost scalding him. After a moment rest, he began to pull out of her, her tightness making it almost painful. Easing back in, he began a slow rocking motion, one that he knew from experience would bring them both extreme pleasure.

Magdalyn pulled his face down to hers, opening her mouth when his tongue swept over her lips. The fullness within her had been almost unbearable before, but now was an exquisite feeling that made her arch her hips against his and wrap her legs around him. The sensation she knew so well now was building, bigger and brighter than anytime before.

Thrusting deeper, Nictolanus sped up slightly, drinking in the fractured moan she made low in her throat. When he felt her inner muscles tighten around him, he dragged his shaky hand down her body to where it joined with his, rubbing the small nub of tissue and nerves and making her cry out.

Taking the small nub between his thumb and forefinger, he pulled gently once, then twice, and felt her muscles clench almost painfully around him as she arched against him. With a shattered cry, she convulsed around him, her hands sliding limply from his shoulders as he thrust once more into her, holding deep inside her as he spent.

Collapsing weakly over her, he drew ragged breaths, feeling her unsteady heartbeat against him. Slowly, he withdrew from her moist body, sprawling weakly next to her. When she sighed deeply and curled up next to him, he ran a contented hand down her back. The silence stretched out comfortably, until Magdalyn stirred, laughing low in her throat.

"I am almost afraid to ask what amuses you so."

"I was just wondering what we would tell our children when...." Magdalyn trailed off, lips curving in amusement. Nictolanus waited a beat before prodding, "When?"

"When they ask us what exactly those murals on the walls of the nursery represent."

Nictolanus remembered then that Magdalyn had suggested that the harem--or the former harem--be turned into the nursery and children's quarters. "That does pose a problem."

"Indeed."

"Remind me to have the carpenters and painters begin work as soon as possible. As for now...." Nictolanus pulled Magdalyn on top of him, kissing her long and hungrily. "I intend to thoroughly enjoy my harem of one."

Magdalyn ran her tongue over his lips, smiling back down at him. "Indeed, my lord. Enjoy your harem."

* * * * *

Thanks to everybody who sent feedback and left comments. I hope you enjoyed the story and the characters of Magdalyn and Nictolanus as much as I did. Feel free to send me any story ideas that you may have. I plan on having another series on shortly...once I decide what to write about.