The Heart Shaped Mosaic

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Some critics have said that in the past thirty years that I have found a fountain of youth that has kept my work fresh and alive. The fountains are sitting here with us this evening, over at this table and the young lady sitting beside my place. There are many things I never expected in life: success, recognition, fame and above all, parenthood. The wonderful woman who spoke to us via satellite and her cousin who is now in heaven introduced me to this adventure, and let me say that it's been the greatest adventure of my life. My children are the best thing that's happened to me, and I am proud of each one of them.

"I know you're amazed I read my critics; that's unusual for an author. Listening to the frank assessments of my work is something that has whetted my technique more than any number of accolades I've received. I've also been blessed that my greatest critics have been my family: in this way, I truly know that they love me.

"Eighty years is a long time to live, a long, long road. More and more, I feel part of the past rather than the present. I look at the young people here, especially my children and grandchildren, and see the future more and more clearly. The great challenge for all of us is to live in the present, and share what we have in the present, because now is a sacred time that demands all our attention, all our effort, all our devotion. Past and Future touch in the Present, to grow together and learn from each other.

"I've got a book coming out next month. Buy it if you'd like. The new project that I'm working on now is one of my greatest tasks that will keep me rooted in Past, Present and Future. I'm becoming a literary agent for one special person, and I'd like to announce the contract signing for her first book with Benton and Pettis. The author is my daughter, Emily Dickinson Fredrickson, and I'm not doing this because I'm a doting father and it's her 18th birthday today or because she's part of some bright promise of the Future. I'm doing this because it's a great book of poetry now, and it needs my support; I'm doing this now because she's a fine author and she needs to be read now.

"So thank you for all my yesterdays, all my tomorrows, but most especially for now, which is the greatest gift I could ever have."

The assemblage rose again, and a meteor in a black dress hit me with a bear hug that almost knocked me over. I reached around her with difficulty to shake a few hands, and when I looked in her face, it glistened with euphoria. She danced around me on our way back to our places, and I whispered in her ear over the din of applause: "Put your shoes back on, Little Bird. We're blowing this dump in a minute or two."

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
sweet!

Excellent writing. Loved the flashbacks but felt the passing of Morgan should have been earlier in the story, created some confusion.

Emily's reaction to being given the Heart-shaped locket had me splitting - brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks! Again!

I have read most of "Nigel's" works here on Literotica. Yes there is sex in this story, but it does NOT overshadow the story, the love, and the many messsages. I do not like all of his work, but I do like most of it. These stories, the "Heart Shaped . . .," I have especially enjoyed.

I have enjoyed many others of his. Thank you Nigel.

For these very special ones, Thank You Again, Nigel.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

A Summer Without End Reid finds more than tranquility at his parent's beach house.in Romance
The Rehab Following one's dreams.in Romance
The Inheritance Ryan suddenly inherits his Uncle's fortune and his Assistant.in Romance
My Best Friend's Hot Mom Young stud bangs MILF in all 3 holes during hot summer day. in Mature
Charity Begins Next Door Life isn't fair. So when you fight back, fight dirty.in Romance
More Stories