The Honeymoon Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally she did the only thing she could: she grabbed a glass of water and dashed in Kerri's face.

Kerri's shriek brought the restaurant to a halt. "Owwwww! Jesus! Amanda, what the fuck did you do that for?!"

"...Okay, maybe that wasn't the best idea," said Amanda, feeling guilty, looking around her and noticing that just about every eye in the room was fastened on them.

"What the fuck was that for?!" said Kerri again.

"Well, you... You were steaming yourself up, and..."

"Oh, fine, just... Just throw a bucket of water on me then! Fuck! I mean, God knows I'm just some stupid bitch who can't even work through her own problems. So now you don't even have to talk to me, just throw water on me like I'm a fucking dog or something--"

"Look, Kerri," Amanda began, "I'm sorry--"

"Oh, you're sorry, great, that's just awesome. Well, I'm fucking drenched! I'm in a one-person wet-T-shirt contest! I'm cold and I'm hungry and my food hasn't arrived and now everyone can see my tits!" And then, to Amanda's complete and utter surprise, she burst into tears.

Amanda glanced at Patrick, feeling completely useless. She wanted to comfort Kerri, but she didn't think Kerri would appreciate overtures from her latest nemesis. It was Winston--Winston, who Amanda had been told would probably just sit there and weather it out--Winston who swept in. He scooped Kerri into his arms and held her fast as she cried. "Shh, it's okay," he said. "It's okay. We all get embarrassed in public at times, it's just... Part of life."

"Part of high school," Kerri sobbed.

"Well, Amanda's just having a regression moment," said Winston. He gave Amanda a scandalized look, as though to say, I am so confused at you, before returning his attention to his wife. "Besides, what's to be ashamed about? You've got great tits."

Kerri gave a snort of laughter. Amanda noticed that many of the diners were turning back to their own tables and their own food.

"Listen, guys, I'm gonna take Kerri back and get her clothes changed," Winston said. "We'll be back in a bit, but don't wait for us." He drew Kerri to her feet, put a sheltering arm around her. "Come on, sweetie. We'll get you fixed up in no time." Amanda and Patrick were left at a half-empty table, staring at each other and feeling awkward.

"So, what did you guys talk about?" Patrick said finally.

"Oh, just... Them," said Amanda, not really knowing how to explain it, or even where to start. "Her frustrations, and whether she thought she could change things."

"She didn't think she could? That's a bad sign."

"Well, it's not so much the... Evidently, he's not the type to listen."

"Really? He asked me for help."

"Well, maybe it's a conditional thing. Maybe he only listens when he asks for help."

"Could be. Wouldn't be the first one."

"The thing is... She said he wasn't very physically affectionate with her. --Which you've probably noticed. They don't hug or kiss much."

"...You know, come to think of it, that's true." He laughed. "Though they do seem to have sex a lot. But if he doesn't do that kind of stuff, then... What was all that?"

"I don't know," said Amanda. "It was pretty out-of-character for him."

"Does she want him to do stuff like that?"

"Yeah," she said.

Patrick looked at her. "Maybe you and that glass of water will solve more problems than you cause."

Amanda blinked at him. "God, I hope so."

"What on earth possessed you, anyhow?"

"I... I don't even know. She was just getting so wound up, and I was like, 'I have to break the tension,' and... I mean, I couldn't think of anything."

"Well, you can't argue with success," he said. "Much. Anyhow. Do you think they'll actually come back?"

"If they don't, it's probably a good sign," said Amanda.

"Well, unless it means they're having a knock-down drag-out fight," Patrick said.

"Oh, God, yeah," Amanda said. "So, if they don't come back, it means that either... things are going really well, or... things are going really not-well?"

"If they don't come back, it means things are going," said Patrick.

"Boy, that's specific," Amanda said, casting a worried look at the exit.

The appetizers arrived, and then the entrees, including Kerri's and Winston's orders. But the articles themselves never arrived. Trading anxious glances, Patrick and Amanda asked for their friends' entrees to be boxed up, and carried them back to the suite.

The living room was empty, the lights off. They tucked the food into the mini-fridge, looking around in concern. The door to their bedroom was open, but the one leading to the Kollaths' side was closed. Moving with a quietness that belied his stature, Patrick moved up and cupped an ear to it. He was facing away from her, so she couldn't see his face, but after a moment he beckoned with his other hand.

They were quiet and hard to hear, but they were there--the whispers, the murmurs, the soft moans. And a little bit of the creaking of the bed. And then Kerri's whisper: "Oh, yeah, just like that. Oh, this is so good..."

Amanda felt her eyebrows climb into her hair. Patrick grinned.

"Well," he whispered, "if they're well in hand... What say we retire to our room and make some memories of our own?" Amanda didn't see that they necessarily were in hand--there was nothing to really indicate the state of affairs on the other side of the door--but it was clear that there was nothing she personally could do now. And besides, maybe they had things worked out.

There's hope.

Smiling, she let Patrick lead her across the room.