The Hungry Wolf Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The glass wall was forgotten when Charlie stepped in to the shower with all four heads going. She stood letting the water hit her, wallowing in the decadence of it, until she started to feel a bit guilty about overindulging. She washed up, lathering herself with the Rainbath she found in the shower twice, cleaning herself until she felt she squeaked. She got out and dried herself off with the fluffiest towel she'd ever felt before wrapping it around herself and heading out to the bedroom. Still ignorant to the location of her clothes, Charlie sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for Damien to return. She heard footsteps approaching and briefly considered dropping the towel and sprawling herself out for him, but rejected it. She'd never been much of a seductress. She opted instead to lean back on her hands, trying for a 'come hither' look, but settled for a friendly smile when she realized she felt ridiculous.

She barely had time to register the fact the footsteps sounded like pumps when a sultry voice cooed, "There you are, baby, I hope you didn't start without me."

The door opened and in walked the willowy blond from yesterday. "Ah, sorry, I'm not into chicks," Charlie said, trying to keep her anger in check with humor, resolutely refusing to acknowledge she was jealous. She stood up at the foot of the bed, hyper-aware she was in a towel while the goddess in front of her was wearing what had to be a $500 Armani slip dress.

"You're still here? I thought for sure he would have gotten bored with you already," Mira said, striding up to Charlie with a sneer. "I mean, you can't really hope to keep his interest for long, can you?" She made an obvious show of looking Charlie up and down. "You should just be happy you managed to snag his interest at all. Cut your losses and run."

"Hmmm...you know, if it wasn't for all the glorious fucking we've been doing, I might think you had a point."

"You think that'll last? You can't give him what he needs."

"Maybe not. But I'm giving him what he wants. Which apparently isn't you."

"You don't really expect him to settle for chuck when he could be having prime rib, do you?" Charlie's eyes got wide as Mira's words sank in. As much as she didn't want to, Charlie saw the truth in them, and she felt herself awash with insecurity when compared to the leggy blonde. Where Mira was glamorous, Charlie was plain; where she was beautiful, Charlie was average. Charlie worried Mira was right, it would just be a matter of time before Damien became bored with her, and went back to more exotic fare. "He'll be back in my bed soon enough."

"MIRA!" Damien's voice boomed. He was standing in the doorway glaring at the beauty, his anger almost palpable in the air. Charlie watched, confused, as Mira paled and dropped her eyes, tilting her head to bare her neck to him.

"Please, Damien - " Mira began.

"Silence," he hissed, shutting Mira up instantly. Charlie looked at Damien to find him watching her, his worry written clearly on his face. "Are you alright, Charlie?" he asked her quietly.

"Fine." She smiled at him, trying to be light. "Chalk it up to just a scheduling conflict. Someone didn't get the memo is all." The last thing she wanted was for either of them to see how upset she really was.

Damien came over to Charlie and cupped her face, forcing her to look at him. He gazed at her, his eyes searching hers as his thumbs caressed her cheeks, his back to Mira, his body language unmistakable.

"Get the fuck out, Mira. If you come near Charlie again I will personally cast you out and off the ranch." He didn't turn to look at her, he remained absorbed in Charlie. His voice was low, deadly, and even though he looked at her tenderly, Charlie could hear the rage in it.

"Da-..." Mira began.

"Get. Out." Damien said, clenching his teeth and closing his eyes. Charlie lifted her hands to his forearms and started to stroke them softly. He opened his eyes to stare into hers again as they heard Mira stomp out of the room.

"I'm so sorry, my love," he said at last.

"It's alright," Charlie said, dropping her eyes.

"Look at me."

"Where are my clothes?" she asked, pulling her head out of his hands and looking around the room.

"Please don't let her upset you," Damien said, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her to him. He pressed her to his chest and put his arms around her.

"She didn't," she lied, slipping her arms around his waist and splaying her hands on his back.

"You're lying, dolcezza." He stroked her hair. "Please don't lie to me, my love."

"She walked right in here, Damien. Like she had every right to. Almost as if this were her place, too," she said after a moment. "There's something you're not telling me, Damien. Why is she so persistent?"

"I don't know."

"Now who's lying?"

"You have to believe me, Charlie," he pulled away from her to look her fully in the face. "I was never with Mira in any real sense." Charlie snorted at that, rolling her eyes. "No, I'm serious, Charlie. We were lovers, sexual partners, that was it. There was never any relationship. It was...stress relief. Scratching an itch. Nothing more than that. And it wasneverhere,neverin my bed." Damien was being as honest with her as he could.

"Then why has she tried to insinuate – twice now – that itwassomething more?"

"She must have wanted it to be." He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "She never came right out and admitted that, but that could be the only reason."

"Damien." Charlie looked at him, hands on her hips, doing her best to look stern. It wasn't her fault she was standing there in a towel, looking absolutely edible.

"Believe me, had I known she was going to behave this way I never would have had anything to do with her." He trailed his fingers up and down her neck, watching as her skin pebbled in goosebumps. Charlie looked at him closely, forcing herself to ignore the teasing way his fingers tickled her skin.

"Crazy thing is, I do believe you," she said after a long moment.

"It's not crazy," Damien said as he reached down and gently tugged at her towel. It fell off and pooled at her feet.

"Damien!" she gasped, crossing her arms over her torso as he sank to his knees in front of her and grabbed her ass in one smooth movement, stunning her as much with his grace as his action.

"You looked too tempting in that towel, my love." He nuzzled her mound with his nose, breathing deeply. The scent of lavender and chamomile was strong here, and was just starting to mix with the musk of her arousal. He pushed his tongue between her labia and lapped at her clit.

"Damie-e-en," she moaned, unconsciously opening her legs to give him freer access. "Oh god, you have to stop."

"No," he said. He moved his hands to her thighs, using his thumbs to spread open her pussy. He bent down and sucked her clit into his mouth, flicking his tongue on it rapidly, doing away with finesse in favor of a hard and fast climax, smiling into her pussy at the way her hips jerked. He sucked and nibbled at her relentlessly, greedy for her orgasm.

"Oh god, oh god," she moaned, grabbing his hair in her fist and trying to steady herself as she quickly came. He lapped at her, wanting as much of her pussy juices as he could get, eventually tongue-fucking her while his thumb stroked her clit. Her legs were shaking so badly as she came again she started to fall back, but Damien quickly caught her and lowered her onto his lap, seating her so she straddled him. She put her arms around his neck and rested her forehead on his shoulder.

"This doesn't change anything, cowboy. We are going to finish that conversation," she breathed.

"What conversation?" he teased, his hands traveling up and down her back.

"Whatever we were talking about, we are going to talk about some more. Just as soon as I remember what it was."

"Of course, dolcezza," he said, chuckling softly and kissing her shoulder. "Maybe you'll remember on the way to Aunt Mary and Uncle Vincent's."

"Wazzatnow?" she mumbled.

"We were going to get your stuff, remember? From the motel?"

"I don't wanna move," she said with a sigh. She sat up and looked at him, running her fingers through his hair, smoothing it back.

"Come on," he said with a laugh. "The sooner we go the sooner we get back." He wagged his eyebrows at her, making her giggle.

"Nice," she laughed. "Although, if you're in such a hurry to leave, it might be a good thing to let me know where my clothes are."

"I like you better like this, my Charlotte."

She watched his eyes as they traveled up and down her body and crossed her arms over her abdomen, only minimally aware of her actions. She turned her head and looked towards the sliding door to the terrace. "Be that as it may, I cannot go gallivanting around naked."

"Don't hide yourself from me."

"I'm not."

"Look at me." She turned her head back and met his eyes, her breath catching at his expression. "I love you, Charlotte," he said softly, kissing her gently.

"Right," she said, scoffing and trying to disentangle herself. "You've fallen in love with me after one day. Of course."

"No...it was more like after one minute." She snorted at that and rolled her eyes. "Okay, maybe it was more like five minutes," he smiled. He slipped his arms around her waist and held her fast.

"Please." She leaned back as much as possible and turned her head back towards the terrace, unwilling to look at him. "Look, you know you're gonna get laid again. No need to blow sunshine up my skirt."

"You don't believe me?" he asked. He could feel his wolf pacing, angry he didn't mate with her already, knowing if they had she would know he was telling the truth.

"Does it matter?" she said. She could hear the hurt in his voice and it made her own heart hurt in response.

"I said I will never hurt you, Charlie, and I won't. Not in any way." He cupped her face with his hands and forced her to look at him. "I wish you would believe me, dolcezza. My Charlotte." He kissed her softly, nibbling her lips until he felt her start to relax. "I will never do anything to hurt you, my love, and that includes lying to you. I love you." He looked at her again, capturing her eyes with his, his gaze widening in surprise when she burst in to tears. He pulled her to him, pressing her head on his shoulder with one hand and rubbing her back gently with the other.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. Damien could feel the heat of her breath against his neck.

"Shhh," he soothed. He sensed her tears were more from feeling overwhelmed than sadness.

"I don't know why I cried," she said after a while. The tears had stopped and she was left with just an occasional sniffle. She was still sitting on his lap, her head on his shoulder.

"It's alright." Damien's voice was gentle, soothing her.

"We should get going." She sat up straight and gave him a small smile.

"Alright, dolcezza." He held her hips as she stood. "Your clothes are folded on top of the high-boy."

"You trying to play keep-away?" she asked. He watched her walk over to the chest and go up on her toes to get her clothes down. He was starting to get hard again watching the way the muscles in her legs and ass flexed as she moved.

"Nope," he said, trying not to stare at her as she dressed and thinking of anything to keep his cock from growing beyond half-staff.

"Ew. Dirty panties," she sighed, turning them inside out and putting them on.

"Just leave them off," Damien laughed, standing up and moving to the chest. He opened a drawer and pulled out a plain navy t-shirt.

"Go commando like you?" she looked up at him and smiled shyly.

"Hmmm...good point. I don't know how much we'd get done if I knew there was one less barrier." He looked at her and wagged his eyebrows again, and Charlie rewarded him with a big smile and another laugh. He moved to his closet and slipped on a pair of sandals before turning to Charlie with her Keds in his hands.

"Hey! There are my kicks."

"Kicks?"

"Yeah. It was what my grandma used to call sneakers." She slipped her feet into them and tied them quickly.

"Kicks. That's pretty cute," he said, taking her hand and leading her back downstairs. He grabbed his wallet and keys from the bowl on the table by the door to his apartment and led Charlie out. They walked down the stairs, talking quietly, and Damien was happy to see her former playfulness return. As they reached the landing he received a summons from Darian and stopped.

"I just remembered...I need to check something with my brother real quick. Would you mind waiting here for a moment?"

"Not at all." She reassured him with a smile.

"I will be right back," he said, giving her a quick kiss before heading down the hall. Charlie watched him walk, taking in the broadness of his physique and how nice his ass looked in his shorts with a contented sigh.

"You must be Charlie," a soft voice said behind her.

Charlie spun around quickly. A tall woman with long, curly brown hair stood there. She was dressed in slacks, a blouse and what looked like a lab coat. She was absolutely stunning. She smiled at Charlie from a rather cherubic face with real friendliness, and Charlie warmed to her instantly.

"Well, IamCharlie, whether or not I must be." She smiled back at the woman.

"I'm Anna." She held out her hand and Charlie shook it. "I'm an old friend of Damien's."

"Oh?" She was suddenly on guard, wondering if this seemingly nice person was going to go all bitchy on her the way Mira had.

"Yeah. We go way back." She smiled at Charlie and looked her up and down frankly, putting Charlie even more on edge. She braced herself for another pissing contest with yet another ex-girlfriend, wondering if Damien had ever heard the old adage against shitting where one ate. "I had to come and meet the girl that got old Mr. Grump to smile. I should have known it would be someone as lovely as yourself."

"Mr. Grump?" Charlie asked, slowly letting go of her apprehension. Anna certainly seemed friendly – and genuinely pleased to meet her.

"Yeah," Anna said with a laugh. "Some of the younger wol – uh, ranch hands call him Forrest Grump. He's not known for his joviality."

"Really?" Charlie said, feeling more at ease. "I can see that." She dropped her voice, speaking almost conspiratorially to Anna. "Seems like he's always so surprised when he laughs. He makes this sound that's half-bark and then gets this look on his face like he's thinking 'holy shit – who laughed – oh wait – was that me?'. It's so damn cute," Charlie said, giggling.

"Yes!" Anna said, laughing with her.

Damien could hear Charlie laughing and stuck his head out the door to take a quick peek. He saw her talking with Anna and tensed a bit, worried about what she might think meeting yet another of his former lovers.

"She'll be fine. Anna is happy for you," Darian said, shaking his head at his brother. He didn't envy the uphill battle he had before him. Having a human as a mate was always more difficult.

Damien turned his attention back to his brother and nodded. "You were saying?"

"Mira has been sent to the Copely pack in Canon Beach for about a week. So you need to get off your ass and make this happen. You don't want her challenging Charlie before she fully understands what is going on, do you?"

"No," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I just don't know how to proceed."

"Maybe you should talk to Eric? He was the last one to mate a human."

"Yeah. I hadn't thought of that," he said. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." They heard the women in the hallway laughing again, and Darian could see his brother's anxiety. "Go. We'll see you in a few hours."

"Okay," Damien said as he head out the door. He walked down the hallway slowly, listening to Anna tell Charlie about the time he found a nest of bumblebees and how they chased him.

"The look on his face..." Anna gasped. "Oh my gods...it waspriceless."

"Telling tales, Anna?" Damien asked, walking up next to Charlie and putting his arm around her shoulders. She looked up at him laughing and he smiled.

"You bet I am," Anna said, catching her breath. "Sorry my friend, but I had to meet the woman that got the big curmudgeon to smile."

"Congratulations my friend. I see I will have to wait to congratulate her," she sent to Damien.

"Thank you, Anna."

"I look forward to running and hunting with her."

"As do I."

"Well, I must get back to work. It was wonderful to meet you, Charlie," Anna said, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. "I look forward to seeing you again."

"Here, too," Charlie said, smiling. "I'm sure we haveloadsto talk about."

"Hey now..."Damien growled playfully.

"Come on, Forrest Grump. Daylight's a waistin'," Charlie giggled, poking Damien in the ribs.

"Why did she have to tell you the nickname?" he groaned, taking her hand and leading her out towards the garage.

"Because it's so perfect?" Charlie snorted, following Damien outside. She stopped when they entered the garage, her attention caught by a beautiful black and chrome machine. "Is that a Rocket III?" she asked, her voice low. She'd been too nervous to notice it the day before.

"Yes, it is." She pulled her hand out of his and walked over towards the motorcycle slowly. "What?"

"Triumph Rocket III – the most powerful production bike made. Almost 150 foot-pounds of torque." She walked around it, her eyes wide. "It's beautiful. A work of art." She ran a finger along the seat. "Is it yours?"

"Yes." He smiled at her look of awe. "I didn't know you were such a gear-head."

"I got into motorcycles in Santa Fe. Becky – my best friend – taught me how to ride and I became fascinated with them."

"Oh? All motorcycles or just the Rocket?" He walked over to stand next to her, smiling at the look on her face – a cross between wide-eyed wonder and covetousness.

"British motorcycles mostly. Royal Enfields, Scotts, Broughs. And Triumphs, of course." She sighed, caressing the leather of the seat lovingly. "I had a '92 Daytona 750, bought as junk but I got it in decent shape, got it running really well, but I sold it before I moved."

"Why?"

"Easier to. I can always look for another one to get and fix up a bit."

"True." He smiled. "Would you like to go for a ride later?"

"Are you kidding? I'd love to." She chewed on her lip and sighed. "But my boots and jacket are in my car."

"We can stop by Tony's and get them, dolcezza."

"Really?"

"Of course," he laughed. "We'll go for a ride tonight, after dinner."

"Thank you!" she squealed, jumping in to his arms and planting kisses all over his face.

"You areverywelcome, my love." He gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and gently pulled out of her arms. "Now, let's go so we can get back."

"Alright." She let him lead her to his truck and help her in. "Damien..." Charlie began as he got in the truck. He shut the door and looked at her, his eyebrow raised. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry about...you know...before," she finished lamely.

"You don't have to apologize."

"Yeah. I think I do." She leaned across the seat and kissed his cheek before sitting back and buckling her seatbelt. "I feel awfully lucky I met you."

"You just want me for my Rocket," he teased, backing out of the garage and turning towards the gate.

"Uh-huh. Both of them," she teased back, giggling at the leer on his face.

As they drove he asked her about what her life was like in Santa Fe, and particularly about Becky. It was obvious she meant a lot to Charlie, and Damien wanted to know more about her. Charlie told him about how nervous she was when she moved, and how Becky was the first person she met. She talked about her tenacity – how she practically forced their friendship – and about how close they quickly became. She told him about feeling safe with Becky, and how that was the first time she'd felt safe with another person in years, and the huge role she'd played in her healing.