The Hunt

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You bitch!" he yelled vehemently before she fired twice, putting both bullets quite expertly into his heart before going over and putting another into his head just to be sure.

"Well, you certainly took long enough," Eli told her.

"Not to worry," she replied and retrieved the phone, which was, of course, undamaged."

"Well, call in the chopper; that damn broom pusher got me pretty good," he told her.

"Yeah, I know; you're getting careless," she admonished him. "He just got lucky, that's all. Just like a couple of hunts before when that mob soldier figured out that you weren't really on their side, remember?"

"Yeah, he had me in a tight spot all right," she recalled. She also remembered killing him and then convincing the others that Walsh had done it. It had been a tense few moments there before she was sure that she'd pulled the deception off. Just like she had convinced every group before and after, including this dummy at her feet, that she was on their side as well.

It really turned her on to be on one side of the hunt while Walsh was on the other, to be able to see the pairs targets up close and personal while the fools struggled vainly to survive. To her it was the ultimate rush.

Continuing, she said, "I knew that if we kept doing this for long enough, someone would get you too."

"I suppose," he said, starting to wonder what was going on, since she wasn't making any attempt to call for help.

"What are you up to?" He asked her suspiciously.

Shrugging, she replied, "I was just wondering if I really need you anymore? After all, we are taking quite the risk here." "That's what makes it exciting." he told her truthfully. Nodding her head, she couldn't argue with that statement.

On this hunt, just like all the others, Jen had done her part and played along with whomever she had been with. But she had also been planning for the opportunity that fate had finally dropped right in her lap. She knew at last it was time to make the crossing over the Rubicon she'd been working toward for so long.

The two of them had been and still were a couple, but Walsh had thought it would be best to keep it quiet. Especially after he took her into his confidence about what he liked to do in his spare time.

He'd watched Jennifer for a long time before he had first approached her and known instinctively that they were two of a kind.

After their first hunt together, when they had bagged the last of the poor saps they'd been hunting, Jen -- much to her own surprise -- had been so worked up by the intense emotional and physical experience of it that she couldn't stop herself from stripping her clothes off right there and having some of the best sex of her entire life, almost with in reach of the last kill.

But while Jen had greatly enjoyed the excitement and freedom of the hunt, she had also been watching how her new lover had done things. She'd worked hard to worm her way into Eli Walsh's confidence, and she knew all his secrets now.

While they'd had close calls during the hunts before, this was the closest either of them had ever gotten to actually getting killed themselves.

Jennifer had almost hoped that Jim would have killed Eli himself -- not that it would have mattered, really, since she had already made up her mind about what she wanted to do when the opportunity presented itself, but it may have given her former partner some brief satisfaction right up till the moment she'd killed him in turn. After all, if she was going to make a clean break with her past, she couldn't leave any witnesses now, could she?

Eli had a lot of money -- many tens of millions of dollars --hidden away to pay for all this, since he couldn't exactly claim he was killing people as a hobby on his income taxes. After a lot of work on her part, both in bed and out, she now knew where it all was and how to get it for herself.

Now some people could ask why she couldn't just marry him and then kill him. She'd thought of that, of course, but if she'd done it that way, she'd have to worry about the cops and all kinds of investigations and who knows what else. No, that was just too risky.

Doing things this way, she would be able to continue on with her other, longer-reaching plans for the future and also monetarily be set for life. The best part was that no one would even think to connect her to all this, since she wasn't even really here. After all, as per their understanding, Jen had an alibi for this weekend. Just in case anyone ever checked, but she doubted they would. Nothing about any of this could ever be traced back to her; Jennifer had made sure of that. She had even hidden her own boat on the island some time ago to make her escape when she was ready.

"What are you going to do, kill me?" Eli asked her finally, pulling her out of her musings.

"I don't have to. Jim over there," she said, indicating her former partner's cooling body, "already took care of that for me. All I have to do is wait."

"Why are you doing this to me?" he asked, not understanding how she could betray him like this after all that he had done for her.

"I guess you can say I just know when to get out while I'm ahead," she told him. "Eli, like most men, you were a little too eager with the pillow talk. You told me everything I needed to know. I have all the dirt on the board of directors and your other rivals that you've accumulated over the years, so ultimately taking over the company is going to be easy."

Eli could almost feel his face going even paler than the blood loss he was suffering would indicate, when confronted with the level of betrayal he was looking at. Everything he had worked for all these years -- this woman was going to take it right out from under him.

Not paying attention or even caring about what Walsh was thinking, Jen continued with her little speech. "I know how you set all this up and how you have been financing it from those Cayman island accounts without anyone catching on. I also know all about the people you've been paying to manage all this," she said indicating the island and through it everything else involved in the entire enterprise. "They're very good at what they do, so if someone doesn't play ball with my plans -- well, I'll know who to call to fix it, won't I?"

"No one outside the two of us really knows that I'm involved or even who I am; you made sure of that, so," she said sitting down on the ground and getting comfortable, "now all I have to do is wait."

Knowing that he had been betrayed by the one person in the whole world he'd trusted, Walsh wanted nothing more than to take this bitch with him. But with the shock and the blood loss, he was just getting so tired. It took longer for him to die than Jennifer expected. But no one who knew him could ever say that Eli Walsh was going to die easily.

Finally, when she was sure he was dead, she checked his pulse and, not getting anything, put his pistol back into his hand after carefully wiping any of her prints off of it. Then she headed for the boat she was going to use to get off the island and prepare for her new life.

She would have to go back to her old life for a while and, of course, act surprised and shocked when word came out that Eli Walsh was missing. With his being a something of a recluse already, she wondered idly how long that would take.

There would be a search; people with his kind of money would be looked for, no doubt about that. Jen would have to play her part, of course, no matter how silly it was, just to make it look good, since she wasn't going to be one of those idiots who pull off the perfect crime, then go and do something stupid right away and get caught. No, she was going to be smarter than that.

Let the dust settle and sooner or later, whether the body turned up or not, Walsh would be declared dead. Using both the money and influence she would have amassed by then, she'd put her other plans into motion and complete the takeover of the company. Long before that she would be running it in everything but name, but still it would be nice to be officially and publicly in charge.

After thinking about it on her walk to her waiting boat, Jen decided that the Cayman Islands did actually sound nice for a well-deserved vacation. Maybe after a short trip to the bank, she could take in some sun on the beach; she'd earned a rest, after all. Yes, she said to herself, that indeed sounded like a plan.

1...5678910