The Hunt: Arcot

Story Info
Asylum asks Arcot for help.
1.1k words
4.48
16.9k
2
0

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 01/23/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,347 Followers

Overhead the scattered clouds raced toward some destination that I couldn't see. I could follow them if I wanted, to the ends of the earth or wherever they those to stop and rain if it suited my fancy. It did not however. Rather let them go and fall where they may on what people they chose. So many other things were of much greater importance than a meaningless bit of trivia.

I was laying on the grass outside of my "his" mansion when I noticed the clouds. I wasn't sure how I had gotten there and somehow it didn't really matter to me. It was a Friday morning and I didn't care how I had made it to the end of the week, it was enough that I had. I rose to my feet and found he had fallen asleep in a pair of leather pants. I'll never understand why he insists on wearing those. "Gayle." No response, either sleeping or ignoring either way makes no difference.

The sun had already begun to climb high into the sky when I stood. Shaking off the sleep still left in my mind I turned and walked down to the lake. I had time to kill so I stripped the pants off and waded out into the water until the waters had reached my waist, then I dove into the water.

I was swimming slow circles in the water when I sensed her presence nearby. I can't describe in human dialect how I knew she was present, it is that sense between feeling and hearing that humans refer to as ESP or "being watched." A demon, or an angel or any creature accustomed to that "extra" sense call it "honing" and for us it is as natural as hearing or seeing is to mortals. She wasn't trying to hide her as she sat comfortably on a low tree limb.

Treading water I turned to face her, brushing my soaked locks from my face. She was laying in the weeping willow, one leg hanging down from the branch, her hands resting a top her knee, with her chin resting a top her hands. She was trying not to smile as she looked at me but it was as much from fear as amusement. "Hello Asylum." She spoke my name so clearly that I briefly considered the idea that she wasn't afraid of me.

"Greetings Arcot." I continued treading water. "What can I do for you."

"Let Gayle have control of his life." She responded.

"Must we go through this?" I shook my head and swam toward her. "We are one, leave it alone. I haven't done anything to you since we came to that agreement."

"Do you think we forget?" She shuddered, even at the distance I could feel her grief fill the air. It was a thick feeling that left little room for anything else. Even as it strengthened me I wish I didn't have that effect on her.

"No I don't. Nor do I expect you to forgive me. Still if you have nothing to say you can avoid me. I do my best to stay clear of you." I swam past her in the tree getting out of the lake.

"I came because I need something from you." Arcot said and leapt down from her tree her waist length tiger-striped orange hair trailing behind her like a cape to the grass.

"Speak." I pulled on my pants and started walking towards the mansion pulling my green streaked black hair over on shoulder.

"Shinku." Arcot was behind me to my left, unarmed. Even knowing that I still didn't feel entirely comfortable around the assassin. There aren't many beings capable of killing demons but one of them was standing in the room with me.

"What about him?" I asked not turning to face her. I opened the doors to his mansion and walked into the patio sitting down on the lawn chair.

"I love him." I knew that before she spoke. I felt the emotion like a cold stab when she mentioned his name.

"What does that have to do with me?" I got up quickly turning toward her.

"He loves me." I nodded, another answer I could have provided without her input. I had been near Shinku since her "disappearance".

"Tell me what you want." I growled standing tall and throwing my hair back with a spray of droplets.

"I want him free. Get him away from Sean for me."

"What makes you think I can do this?" I asked her. I doubted I could, Sean being too strong of will to fall under my thrall.

"You do what you want." It was true.

"What will you do for me. I'm not Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or Mother Teresa so tell me why am I even considering this?"

"I will do whatever it takes." I waited silently for Arcot to continue. I had no interest in Shinku whatsoever.

"Why not go to Sean with that deal. You know what you could offer him." I had started to walk already when she stepped in front of me baring my way to the doorway.

"I can't." Her eyes brimmed with tears. Genuine as well I noted with a satisfied smile.

"Why?"

"He can't know I'm alive." Almond shaped eyes focused somewhere on the floor.

I raised a brow and shook my head. She obviously had her reasons, none of which meant anything to me. "You will do anything?" I wanted to be perfectly clear on this.

"Yes." She nodded to confirm her words.

"Fine." I pulled out the picture of Elimina and slapped it down on the table beside me. "This girl. Find her, bring her here. There is no negotiating, take it or leave it." I moved her to one side leaving her with the photograph as I walked into the house.

"I'll take it. Talk to Sean." She said. Arcot was studying the picture, she was studying me as well. She wasn't sure what I wanted with the girl, I wasn't going to tell her either.

"Asylum?"

"What?" I was starting to get tired of her now. I had walked through Gayle's house still dripping wet on his hard wood floors. It didn't matter, his servants would clean it soon enough. I still didn't care as I walked across his soft emerald green carpet to the garage.

"I know who she is." I couldn't hide the fact that I jump at her words. I wish I could hide my own emotions. "Gayle told me." I didn't even turn back to face her. I got into the black Cobra and spurred all eight cylinders into action.

"Bring her. I'll turn the world around for that girl." I pulled out of the driveway and left the lovely red head alone to contemplate the risks of what she had just offered me.

Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,347 Followers