The Hunter Becomes the Hunted

Story Info
Possible break up leads to coffee shop encounter.
4.6k words
3.6
19.1k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For two years I had been dating Jake [when we finally met up again after randomly running into one another at a filthy hole in the wall bar where he apparently worked] and even though we were only dating, he was exclusive and I had pretty much hung up my hunting, fishing, trapping hobbies for fresh meat over a year ago. Our sex life was fantastic but lately work had bogged both of us down and we had little time to do anything besides hook up. It started to feel less like a relationship and more like a booty call again. It was upsetting and so another night I was alone, I decided to take my mind off the stress of missing someone and focus on my job for once. I went to the Starbucks that is open late and close to my flat, even though I detest their coffee and rather support Ma and Pa shops. It was about 11:05 p.m. but at this location they never close. Perhaps subconsciously I knew what would happen if I went there to work and perhaps that's exactly what I wanted.

I set up my computer, then from the app I ordered and paid for a hot Venti Mocha Latte with extra foam, three shots of espresso and extra whipped cream. My order came up and I went to grab my drink. There was a cutie in line ordering and he glanced my way. I swear I caught him checking out my ass and I gave him the raised eye brow look. He shrugged playfully. Okay whatever, so I sat back down and tried to dive into accounts that still needed a package with secured dates and times, amenities and other final touches to be nicely wrapped in my signature touch of perfection. Mr. Innocent from the ordering line planted himself at the table across from mine, when at 11:15 p.m. there were plenty of empty tables. Hmm! Man if I were single, well I'd be on that so fast. He looked so willing and edible that I just wanted to dip the tip of his penis in my whipped cream and lick it right off. I was contemplating on whether I should save some...when suddenly Jake called out of the blue. When he works late he never calls but it was a pleasant surprise and so I answered of course.

"Hey babe," I said in a chill voice.

"Hey PD. I've just been missing you today and really for a while. I feel like we've been aloof and both busy with work." He sounded forlorn like there was a confession ready to come forth. PD was a nickname he gave me that was the first letters of my first and middle names Priscilla and Darleen. Sometimes he jokingly called me P. Diddy.

"Yea, I've definitely been feeling the same way and I miss us," I consoled him.

"What are you doing right now?" He asked.

"I went to Starbucks near my flat to do some work and I needed to get my mind off you, off us, so I guess you have impeccable timing," I admitted.

"What? Really, you went down to a coffee shop to get your mind off me? What were you planning on doing? Picking up another stray?" He sounded condescending and pissed.

"No, no that was not on my mind at all, Jake. I simply came here to get some work done and I couldn't stay in my flat alone waiting for you, again." But as the words came out, I could tell nothing I could say would ease his racing assumptions.

"No, it's your M.O. Priscilla and you know it. What is going on?" He called me Priscilla and he was not letting up. "Really, what were you planning on doing tonight? Did you intentionally go there because you want to get fucked?!!"

I didn't know what to say. I felt like he may have caught me in a lie and that perhaps my intentions were to get laid. I really didn't know what I was doing there. I just gravitated to this spot, so I didn't say anything.

"Well it sounds like you knew exactly what you were doing so I don't know what to say," he went on. "So I'm going to hang up now and you can figure it out, you're a big girl with big girl needs, so it seems. Have fun, Presley," and he hung up on me before I could utter a word.

I was just dumbfounded with my heart pounding and Mr. Innocent from the ordering line was listening to it all nearby. I was hurt and shocked and livid and I didn't know what the fuck to do. I should call him back and beg him to leave work, but he couldn't leave. This was a yearly thing his company did. It was an overnight downloading of updated software for over 100 other companies Jake's company supplied internet security for. The realization that I had fucked up just lingered in the air and finally my body decided before my mind could process. I packed up all my shit and I was getting out of there before I could threaten my relationship even further. That's when Mr. Innocent made his move.

"Hey, are you okay over there?" He asked so supportively.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks. I gotta go," and then I added something unnecessarily stupid, "before I do something I will regret. Thanks for asking though."

"Hang on, wait a minute. What do you mean you gotta go before you'll do something you will regret?"

"I can't get into it right now and not with you. I'm sorry you seem very sweet and cute, but I'm taken anyway."

"Okay, if you say so and because you think I'm sweet, I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Have a better night." Oh he was good but I was in no mood to "rumble" with this guy. "But just to let you know, I'm not as nice as you say I am...[he paused]...in bed." That mother fucker was smooth.

And with that said this could have gone two ways: I cheat on Jake and have a wild, new experience with a fun loving guy or I pride myself on behaving and just go home. Or perhaps there is a third choice?

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say that but obviously you couldn't help but pry. So you know my boyfriend is upset, right?" I asked in a matter-of-fact way.

"I know that you came here to get your mind off something and it didn't work. I also know how to get you to refocus your mind on something else." He retorted.

"Oh I'm sure you do but why would I want to do that?"

"Why wouldn't you? Just give your mind a break and let your body take the wheel for a change."

"For a change, what the fuck does that mean? You don't know me!"

"I know relationships and they all suck."

"They may suck at times but they are also great, just like anything in life. What the hell do you know? Why should I take advice from some slutty guy that flirts with girls in a coffee shop?" Yes I know how ironic that must have sounded coming from me and I was calling the kettle black but really this guy was trying to get me to cheat on my man, even if I didn't know whether he was my man still, that was none of his concern. "If you're trying to comfort me, you're doing a shitty job."

"I'm not trying to comfort you, I'm trying to fuck you because you're beautiful and I overheard the conversation you had that ended in a breakup."

"I don't know if that could be considered a breakup. I think you're getting way too ahead of yourself. Step off, Joe!" I was serious and heated and a little bit hot but I wasn't going to fuck Mr. Know-it-all now, he was way too high and mighty.

"The name is Jeff and you are, PD? What is that short for, P.Diddy?" He asked jokingly.

"Why yes, yes it is and my boyfriend calls me that, so you can't!" I began walking away and that's when he softened up and grabbed my hand.

"Listen, I may have been too cocky. You seemed feisty and I think I was projecting what I wanted by flirting with you. If you just need to talk I've got nothing to do and Starbucks is opened all night."

I pressed my lips together and thought before I spoke. In my mind I imagined Jeff ripping off all my clothes and giving me something to keep my mind off Jake. I wondered how big he was and whether he was circumcised. I love uncircumcised cocks but then that reminded me of Jake and I shook the thought of getting fucked by Jeff out of my head. I pursed my lips and closed my eyes for a minute too long because Jeff decided to lean in, purse his lips and kiss mine. And I kissed him back for a few seconds while a rush of hormones raced through my veins like I'd just taken ecstasy. I pulled back.

"Ok, now you listen," I said. "Other girls may find you irresistible or whatever, but I have a boyfriend as of right now and until I find out otherwise I'm not going to cheat!" Man, is this what it feels like to be hunted down by a hunter? They just don't give up until they've made the kill. I appreciated his motivation and go-getter attitude, in fact it was sexy that he knew what he wanted or perhaps he just liked the chase. That 'Chasing Amy' lifestyle was a year behind me exclusively with Jake and two years with Jake along for the ride, and it was awkward to be the prey when in the past I was the predator. But in reality my body was feeling him and emotionally I was feeling neglected, not that getting fucked would completely fulfill my emotional needs, but it would temporarily. Decisions, decisions! I really hated to be alone another night.

"No problem lady, I can handle that. Do you want to get out of here and go on an adventure with me? We can cut the crap and just hang, what do ya say?" And that was his retort to my half angered speech spewing from my trap. So I agreed to go with him on an adventure under two conditions:

"My curfew is 3am and you get absolutely no chances with me, are we clear?"

"So it's midnight now, and I've got 3 hours to convince you to leave your "boyfriend" and be my girlfriend, right? ...I'm just kidding. Yes, yes we've got a deal."

"Right, okay then, what now?"

"Come with me, I've got a place."

Curiosity or boredom must have gotten the best of me, because I stupidly agreed and blindly followed him after quickly stopping at his car to temporarily store my belongings. I wondered where he lived and if I knew him any better I'd just drop my things off at my apartment on 46th Street, a few blocks from Starbucks in Hell's Kitchen where I lived in a rent-controlled carriage house apartment built before the 1800's. I illegally sublet the apartment from my great aunt Betty who lives with her husband's nephew because they are retired and rather live on waterfront property instead of sardine can-sized coffins. Aunt Betty doesn't have kids and I'm one of her favorite people so the summer of 2009 at the early age of 22, I moved myself and all my measly belongings to Hell's Kitchen, NYC to begin working for J.P. Morgan as an Accounts Coordinator. It helps that I'm fluent in French and Spanish and semi-fluent in Polish and Korean. I've been working there for almost 10 years and my salary went from $58,000 to $82,000 within that timeframe.

I graduated from Vassar College with an Economics Degree, followed by an apprenticeship for one year in the Business and Economics Library at Columbia. I declined a full time position after graduating to continue my education at Columbia, which I'm still paying for and will be until I'm 50-something. How did a gal like me do all that by the age of 22? I graduated high school a year early and went straight to Vassar for with 15 transferable credits for three years, where my mom is still a professor. It was easy to get into and I just studied my ass off without fucking off. That means I didn't party, I didn't date, hardly any hook-ups and only one menial part-time job at the Archives & Special Collections Library at Vassar College where I worked and studied Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights or mornings depending on my academic schedule. I was straight up book-whipped and it's sort of paying off, because I get to live and work in one of the busiest cities in the world without the help of mommy or daddy. These days, I get to enjoy life and do what I want when I want, except I have a boyfriend and his feelings matter to me. He matters to me.

I tag along with Jeff, despite the gut wrenching feeling telling me to ditch this pretentious dick and go home to wait for Jake to cuddle up on me. Life is full of interesting opportunities and when one knocks, it's better to explore it than live a life of boredom. But at this point I really didn't know if Jake and I existed as an "us" anymore and I needed something other than random sex to sooth my mind. What's his name...Jeff, Mr. Innocent gone Mr. Know-it-all, and I walked about 9 blocks with a few detours to Central Park, which was closed.

"Ok, Jeff the park is obviously closed." I stated as-a-matter-of-fact, shaking my head but also expecting him to tell me what we were doing there.

"Yes, I know it is but only if you follow the rules. Presley do you always follow the rules? And which rule book are you following exactly?" He was so nonchalant while remaining playfully daft.

"OK, so we go in." I mean what would you do? It's just a park, right?

"Ding ding ding, Presley for the win. We just walk in. There's no gate. I can help you if you need your hand held."

"What about muggings, Mr. Know-it-all?"

"Most people get mugged during the day and that shit barely happens, it's all a scare tactic. There's a few homeless people living out here but our main concern will be police, so stop whining," he demanded. I have to admit my heart was pumping with adrenaline from fear, but also exhilaration. I'd always followed the rules, even into my adult life when my peers found loopholes. Crossing from the safety of 59th street into the gloomy shadow of Central Park late at night was fun and pretty easy, there weren't any barbwires or anything. But the deep shadows around me seemed to hold every possible mugger and rapist and terrorist within.

"Now what? Is there some magical place you are going to show me?"

"This is it in all its glory. Central Park is magical all the time but definitely at night when there are less people." He continued, "so now we have 2 hours and change to talk about ourselves and life. It's peaceful and a little bit naughty without taking our clothes off. That's what you wanted, right? Plus there is one place I'd like to show you."

My voice had a slight accent to it as I playfully said, "Yes, very clever you are indeed!" I walked beside him as he led the way to this unknown part of the park he was excited to show me.

"First thing's first, how old are you? I already know you have a use-to-be-boyfriend." He used the finger quotes as he said boyfriend.

"I'll be 32 in September, how about you?"

"34 last month." It was August, so he just turned 34 in July. "And you live near 49th Street because you walked." Was he observing me the moment I walked in?

"Yes, how do you know that? I could have taken a cab or the subway."

"I'm a bit of a detective. No, actually I've seen you in there a few times and I've seen you leave. You always walk. But I am a novelist so I notice the little things. Someone has to, plus I'm good at it."

"Are you? What have you written? Anything I'd know?"

"Well, I've published a series called The Destiny Series, and a few other books with a known publisher, but no probably not. I write Apocalyptic Fiction. The series is out in a few bookstores. I do a little bartending on the side at an upscale place somewhere in Hell's Kitchen, which is why Starbucks on 49th is my shindig." This guy was interesting as was every other New Yorker, but maybe a little more-so. Still, he was light-hearted and fun.

"So are you actually making any money from the writing business?" I had to know because I gave up a few of my passions to pursue something more financially secure, plus I just wasn't the best of the best, you know? That doesn't mean I stopped painting, I just paint when I have nothing to do and have a few glasses of wine in my spare time. Every once in a while, Jake and I will smoke some pot and have a painting party where we paint something on a wall in my apartment. I basically own that place. Something terrible would have to happen for me to give it up.

"I am, a little," Jeff said. "Let's just say, I'm not famous but I have some good things going on. Okay so work is boring. What do you do for fun?"

"Well, I work. I have a boyfriend and we go do things. I paint here and there, and we sing a ton. I don't know. I jog and do piyo. Piyo is Pilates and Yoga together. What do you do for fun?" I asked him that because I saw the expression on his face listening to my answers.

"I'm only playing. I travel quite a bit and get away from the city and write. I hike when I travel and camp out. I ride my bike almost everywhere because I don't like the subway and it's too expensive to drive. In fact I usually take the subway for writing material, but that goes for everything, I guess. I live in Mid Harlem because someday it'll turn to the Ritz, you know, but for now it's affordable and I know the ins and outs."

"Oh, your life is so dangerous, Mr. Mysterious Man who writes fictitiously about the people riding the subway. Seriously, sounds pretty exciting, at least some of it, but I don't know you so you could be a stalker and say you are a writer when you're actually stalking people!" I didn't actually mean what my trap was spewing out like diarrhea. I really suddenly craved a big tasty cock to plug it up, but I was also trying not to think like that. I tried to redeem myself, "I'd love to read one of your books, how about one from the series?"

"The Destiny Nowhere Series? Yeah, cool check out the first one Destiny Nowhere and see if you want to read more. If anything, you'll have a great picture of me," he smiled. He was sweet and funny and easy to flirt with. I really needed to get away from him. He was taking my mind off Jake all too well and the time actually flew by without us knowing. I looked at him in that moment before answering. I scanned his build and his face. He was cute I couldn't deny that. I began imagining us kissing again under the moonlight. The atmosphere was surprisingly romantic once the fear of being robbed or molested dissipated.

"I will. Hey, look at the time! I think we should head back." The romantic scene, easy conversation and flirting, and the fact that my heart was slightly broken were all the recipe for disaster and I needed to get away from him before I leapt onto him like a blood sucking vampire. My imagination was running wild as my nose inhaled his scent spiked lightly with a cologne I could not recognize but dare not ask him about.

"Oh wow! Yeah, I'll walk you back." And like a gentleman he did just that. We chatted and flirted a bit more on the way to his car and he offered to drop me off home. "It's late just let me drive you, I promise I won't stalk you, okay?" I laughed and agreed to his offer.

"I'm at 420 West 46th Street, a few blocks away from here." We bobbed along to Ratatat on the way to my apartment, and I genuinely thanked him for keeping my mind off the "breakup," whether it was a breakup or not, his company and the park were both interesting. "I enjoyed every minute," I confessed. "Take care of yourself, Jeff, and I am totally going to read your books!" I had not forgotten about them.

"Nice to finally meet you Presley. Keep your chin up, he's either with you or without you, and if he's not with you he's a fool." There was no exchange of numbers or Facebook/Twitter accounts, not even Snapchat which I only used between my close friends anyway. But his words were sweet and they stayed with me until I entered my apartment. To my surprise, Jake was there waiting for me.

"Hey Pres. You weren't here but I let myself in, I hope you don't mind."

"Oh my God, Jake! No I don't mind," I was bellowing unintentionally. "You got out early! I didn't think you'd...I had no idea if...Oh Jake, I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking and maybe you were right about me going there intentionally but maybe it's just a coffee shop, but I don't care I just want to make things right between us. What is going on with us?"

"I don't know, but I couldn't let our phone conversation be the end. I'm sorry I overreacted. We've been exclusive for a year or so now and I haven't wanted to cheat on you. How do you feel?"

12