The Hunter's Companion: Belcarm

Story Info
Belcarms' frustrations teach him an important lesson.
7.1k words
4.25
8.3k
00

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 03/21/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A one-shot prequel to The Hunter's Companions, set before the first chapter, but after The Hunter's Companion: Kalendras. I decided to put this up before I post the final chapter of The Hunter's Companions. I hope you enjoy it!

~*~

Belcarm gritted his teeth as he swung his sword. Livinia's laughter was ringing just as loudly as the sounds of weapons on armor. Even though he normally loved the sound, this time it was just plain irritating.

Because of the person making her laugh.

Sure, he was a hunter like her, and his pet was a Springpaw, just like hers. But really, there was nothing special about Arturius. Belcarm was confident that he was much better looking than the male blood elf hunter. Also, Livinia had only known Arturius for a day.

Belcarm spared a glance over his shoulder and saw the two standing impractically close as they fired arrow after arrow into the melee. Just as he was about to turn back to the fight he was rewarded with a painful blow to his chest that made the wind rush out of his lungs. The goblin rogue on the other side of the creature saw that Belcarm was wounded and skipped around in front of him to take the creature's attention for a moment, with Borris's help, while Belcarm recovered. It didn't take long though, because a moment later he felt the familiar tingle of healing magic, this time from the Forsaken Priestess Athumat, and he felt much better.

"Bel!" Livinia cried from behind him, turning his name into a reprimand. Belcarm growled and hacked into his enemy mercilessly. He knew what he was doing! He didn't need Livinia to watch out for him and he certainly didn't need her commentary. A moment later the laughter returned just as a spray of Livinia's arrows rained down on their final enemy, missing Belcarm by a hairsbreadth, and the creature fell to the ground and took its dying breath.

As soon as he was sure it was dead Belcarm turned again to see Arturius elbow Livinia and her slap his upper arm playfully with a large smile on her face. Belcarm immediately began to grind his teeth when he saw their comfortable interaction. He stalked over to them as he sheathed his weapon.

"It looks as if Livinia did a lot more damage than you did, Arturius," Belcarm said snidely, hoping that the statement was enough to stop Livinia's flirting. Belcarm knew that Livinia liked her men to be strong and competent in battle.

"I told you so!" Livinia cried and then both of them burst into a fit of laughter. Belcarm's upper lip curled into a disgusted sneer and he made his way back over to where Athumat and Nook the goblin rogue were looting the corpses.

"They seem to be getting along well," Athumat observed when Belcarm approached her, nodding towards the two hunters.

"Do they?" Belcarm snapped angrily "I handn't noticed." Athumat looked slightly taken aback, but she didn't say anything more. Belcarm was too furious to care about how rude he was being.

Belcarm had been travelling with Livinia for years, nursing a crush on her the entire time. In the time that they had been together Livinia had, apparently, never even noticed his affection. Every time he tried to suggest that they take things further, or make a move on her, she always managed to get distracted or laugh his advances off as a joke. Throughout the last year that they had been travelling together she had also taken several men to her bed, something which made his blood boil. But, try as he might, he just couldn't get her to notice him in that way.

When all of the loot was stripped from the corpses, he, Nook and Athumat began to divide it up while Livinia and Arturius retrieved and cleaned their arrows. The two Sprinpaws had already had their fill of their enemies meat and were now leaping about playfully, clearly enjoying the company of one of their own kind. Just like their owners were.

"Well," Arturius said as he and Livinia approached the rest of the group "That was one hell of a fight. What do you say we all make our way back to Orgrimmar for a drink?" He asked. Livinia grinned and nodded and the other two added in their consent. Belcarm really had no choice but to go along; he wanted to keep a close watch on the male hunter.

~*~

Two hours later everyone had enjoyed a warm meal and had downed a fair amount of ale. Belcarm normally didn't drink; he hated the loss of control and refinement that often accompanied inebriation. The conversation over dinner was good, but Belcarm's meal churned in his stomach at the sight of Livinia acting so comfortably with Arturius.

Both of the hunters had a little too much to drink and as they talked Livinia was leaning on Arcturius as though they had been friend for a lifetime. Or at least four years. Like Livinia and Belcarm had been. Normally it was Belcarm that Livinia would be leaning against, but this Hunter had taken his place. Belcarm rolled his eyes and downed the rest of his ale, then called out to the bar woman for something much stronger. He knew where this night was headed and he did not wish to spend it conscious.

"I am completely exhausted!" Livinia announced, a slight slur in her speech. Belcarm watched as she looked at Arcturius out of the corner of her eyes, he could tell by the calculative gaze of her green eyes that she was not as drunk as she appeared.

"Me too...I think I might turn in for the night," Arcturious said with a conspiratorial wink.

"Where are you staying?" Livinia asked. A steel fist clenched Belcarm's stomach.

"At the inn down the road," Arcturius replied.

"I'll walk you there." Livinia turned to him fully and gave him that cheeky half smile that usually made Belcarm melt. Arcturius downed the last of his ale in one gulp and got to his feet. The alcohol must have hit him on the way up, because when he stood, Arturius's eyes glazed over and he reached out for the table.

"You are too drunk Livinia, and we need to head off to Dalaran first thing in the morning," Belcarm growled, giving the male hunter a withering look.

"Belcarm!" Livinia's eyes widened with anger. "We don't need to report to Kiransis until the afternoon. I'll walk Arcturius home and I'll meet you back here tomorrow for lunch before we set out." Livinia's face was red with anger. She grabbed Arcturius by the hand and pulled him out of the tavern almost faster than his drunken legs could handle.

"You did a good job of fucking that up," Nook said with a laugh.

"What?" Belcarm snapped, pulled back to the conversation at the table.

"You,"Nook shrugged "If you wanted to take his place then you really screwed up your chances by doing that." The little Goblin downed the rest of his ale and got to his feet. Belcarm stared at him with his eyes wide open. If it was obvious enough for a goblin, who had only known them for a day and a half,why was it not obvious to Livinia?

"Are you off?" Athumat asked as the Goblin rose, or descended, to his feet.

"Yep." The goblin nodded. "I have a friend to be visiting. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Usual time and place." Athumat replied with a small nod. The Goblin said his goodbyes and left the Tavern, leaving Athumat and Belcarm behind. "Here, you need this." Athumat said, sliding his double shot of Karazhan bourbon across the table to him. Belcarm picked up bubbling orange liquid and tossed it back quickly. As it burned its way down his throat and through his body Belcarm felt his mind go pleasantly fuzzy.

"This stuff is good." Belcarm hummed in appreciation, leaning back into his chair and enjoying the way the world spun around him.

"Have you fucked her yet?" Athumat asked. The world jarred into place and Belcarm groaned. He wanted to tell the Forsaken woman to mind her own business, or to pretend he didn't know what she was talking about; but he was too drunk to muster the necessary thoughts.

"No," Belcarm grunted in response, the Forsaken nodded slowly.

"I think you've had enough to drink for the night," Athumat said softly , voice changing from curious to piteous. "You're already at the stage where you'll regret it in the morning." Belcarm shrugged indifferently and she laughed. "Where are you staying?"

"The Mix Toad Inn." Belcarm speech had become slightly slurred as the last drink settled into his system.

"I am staying with a friend just down the road from there. I'll walk with you."

Belcarm really had no reason to reject the offer. As it stood he was unsure if he would be able to locate the inn without stumbling into a gutter at that stage.

As they walked Belcarm's head became slightly less fuzzy and mood changed. Every time that he got drunk he became more thoughtful, and tonight that was something he certainly didn't need. He didn't know what he had to do to get Livinia's attention. She seemed to give it to others without hesitation, but him? It was more like they had become brother and sister, and that was something that he most certainly did not want. But try as he might, and he had tried hard, he just could not sway her. He had been dropping hints for years, literally, but she just didn't pick up on them. It was funny though, because with all of the men that she did go off with, she was the one to start the serious flirting. It made him think that perhaps she wasn't attracted to him. That thought made him grind his teeth.

"What has got you all angry?" Athumat's voice was feminine yet raspy, and even though she was Forsaken Belcarm was happy to tolerate her company. She was a good healer, and managed to help them fight as well as heal, so he could forgive the fact that she was just a little above an average undead creature.

"Nothing!" Belcarm snapped, and the Priest laughed. Thankfully, they had reached his Inn and he could say goodbye, go up to his room, and fall into the wonderfully black world of dreams. "Well this is me. It was good fighting with you and your group today... except for the Hunter, of course."

Athumat laughed. Belcarm inclined his head and turned and entered the front door of the Inn.

"What are you doing?" Belcarm asked as Athumat stepped over the threshold with him.

"I think I'll walk you to your room. I am not sure if you are sober enough to make it up all of these stairs safely. Belcarm, noble Paladin of the Blood Knights, felled by a staircase," Athumat said, Belcarm was going to argue but his head begun to pound and he decided that it was better to just let her have her way and then she could leave him be after that.

As they climbed the stairs Belcarm noted with a wry grin that he had no trouble managing the four flights of stairs. When he rounded off on the right landing he pulled his pack around to his front and rummaged through it to find his key. When he located it he took his time to carefully insert it in the keyhole and open the door, not wanting to stumble in front of her.

"Thank you for walking with me. I'm sure we will see each other again," Belcarm said. When Athumat was silent he looked at her more closely. He still hadn't managed to get a good look at her face, because her hood was pulled down so low that she was obscured by shadows. He frowned, wishing he could see her face to get a clue at what was going on behind her luminescent eyes.

Much to Belcarm's surprise, Athumat's pale and slightly blue fingers came up and pushed the black fabric of her hood back. He gasped as he took in her unnaturally pale skin which was fitted over a beautifully structured face.

"You're a Blood Elf!" Belcarm said, shocked, making her laugh again.

"Was," She corrected with a smile. If he ignored the pallor her skin and the slight deterioration of the tips of her ears he could confidently say that she was beautiful. "But now I am something more."

"What happened to you?" He asked, forgetting his manners and immediately cursing himself for being so forward.

"I'd rather not talk about it. What's done is done. Luckily for me my parents had the idea to take my corpse to Sylvanas and have me brought back. Unluckily for me, the shame of having a Forsaken for a daughter eventually wore on them. So here I am, charting a new course in my afterlife," She told him without a scrap of emotion in her voice, she had clearly told the tale numerous times and had come to terms with it. "But more important than what happened to me is what is about to happen to me."

Belcarm only had a second to try to comprehend this before he was pushed roughly back into his room, the door slamming behind Athumat loudly. Without warning, her lips were on his, her tongue probing his mouth and her fingers tangling in his hair. Belcarm placed his hands on her shoulder and tried to push her away, finally able to escape her grasp.

"What are you doing?" He cried, taking a step back and putting his arms out in front of him defensively.

"I'd have thought it was obvious," She said with a frown. "Are you attracted to males?"

"What? NO!" Belcarm said angrily "What would make you think that?"

"Why did you stop my kiss, then?" Athumat asked. Belcarm watched her warily and found that even though she was Forsaken she was still very attractive.

"I... It's just that-" He stuttered, and she rolled her eyes.

"My hunter is out fucking your hunter," Athumat said softly, but the words were like a knife in his gut. "I thought that we could distract each other quite nicely."

"But I..."

"You said you are interested in females."

"Well, yes, but-" She broke his protest off by placing her lips against his with all the tenderness of a long-time lover. This time he didn't push away, instead he ran his tongue against her lips, testing the taste of her and finding it pleasant. Her hands came between them and undid the clasp on his cloak, then pushed it back of his shoulders. The blatant undressing made blood flood his manhood eagerly.

"I want you," Her words slithered in his ear and through his mind. He tried to imagine them in Livinia's sweet voice, and his growing erection twitched in anticipation. Athumat's own cloak pooled on the ground near his and he wrapped his arms around her, eagerly trying to divest her of the rest of her clothes.

They undressed each other slowly, Belcarm much more clumsily than Athumat. By the time that he was completely naked his erection was at full mast and he was panting heavily. Her skin was soft to his touch, but cool and slightly dry. When he looked down at her breasts he gasped, even as a Forsaken she was a beautiful specimen. When he looked up into her glowing, iris-less eyes his mind snapped back to reality and he pulled away from her again.

"What is it?" She asked, this time with an impatient sigh, as her hands unlaced the front of her robe.

"I'm sorry. I can't do this," He said, averting his eyes from the very tempting picture that she was.

"What's wrong? This your first time?" She said it with a laugh, but to him it wasn't a laughing matter.

"Actually, yes. It is. But that is not the point-"

"By the Dark Lady!" She said with a gasp "You're a virgin? Seriously?" The amusement in her tone made his face set angrily, he did not appreciate being made fun of.

"Yes, I'm serious. But that is not the reason I can't do this," He said, and turned away from her. He heard her shuffling about, and the next moment she was pressed against his back and her hands wrapped around his waist, fondling the hair above his crotch.

"You really are whipped, aren't you?" Athumat whispered into his ear, her breath a cool breeze tickling his ear.

"What?"

"The Hunter. You're completely in love with her," Athumat said, her hands travelling to his upper thighs.

"What? No. I'm not. I just don't feel like having sex right now okay?" He sounded like a petulant child, but her hands skillfully massaged his hip bones. Resistance became so much harder.

"Rubbish," Athumat purred, her fingers lightly brushing his cock. "How does it feel, Belcarm, to know that she is out there fucking my friend while you sit here and feel sorry for yourself?"

Anger rose in Belcarm's stomach, but he wasn't angry with Athumat. What she said was true; he wanted Livinia, had wanted her for so long, but she just didn't notice him. He had sat back and felt sorry for himself so many times now, never daring to press her more than he already had. Every other male she had taken to her bed had been able to explore her, able to sink into her body in a way that made him fill with jealousy. Athumat's skilled fingers wrapped around his cock, her hand so cold against his burning hot skin. Belcarm moaned and revelled in the way that the sensation of Athumat's stroking made Livinia's ignorance seem insignificant. Plus, if he pushed her away again then she would know for certain that he was, in fact, whipped. He couldn't have that fact come to light.

"Oh fuck it," Belcarm groaned, wrapping his arms around her waist and hauling her up so that his erection was level with Athumat's core. She wrapped her legs around him and he carried her over to the bed, then fell against it with her, eager to forget his anger and jealously.

Belcarm took that moment to look down at her body properly. Much to his relief her body was still in a decent state of repair. Miniscule parts of her skin had torn away, but in the parts that really mattered, she was still blessedly intact. He reached out slowly with his hands and cupped her breasts. Even though all of her skin was quite dry her breasts were still firm and full, her nipples hardening under his touch.

"They're not juggling balls," Athumat said with a grin. "Here, try this." She guided his hands so that he was stroking and squeezing her breasts, and then pinching her nipples softly every now and again. "Much better." Her voice was now and erotic purr.

As he concentrated on her breasts he pressed his erection against her groin and she moaned. Naked as they were, his erection felt the coldness of her completely, and his skin prickled with the sensation. He moved his hips so that his tip was on her womanhood.

"No!" She said, moving her hips away from his and leaving him wanting. "You need to lick me first. For lubrication," She said and his eyebrows furrowed and he realised that he had been too intent on his own pleasure. "Don't think," She scolded "Just do."

With that command Belcarm slid down her body until his face was level with her womanly part. Tentatively, he gave her one long lick from her hole to her top and she laughed.

"I see I have a few things to teach you." She laughed. Belcarm stiffened at her comment. "Relax, Belcarm, it's not an insult. No one is born as the perfect lover... Now, use your tongue to part my folds, then find the little nub at the top of me and concentrate on that."

Belcarm knew he had done the right thing when she cried out. He pressed against the full nub and grinned with satisfaction when she cried out again.

"Good, now try some different patterns and speeds. You should know whether I like it or not from my reaction," She directed. Despite the fact that Athumat was, most certainly, not Belarm's type, he was finding their interactions incredibly arousing. That, combined with the alcohol, meant that the pain of Livinia's refusal was dulled.

Belcarm was happy to comply, tracing small circles around her clitoris. Next he alternated small licks and nibbles, then sucked, and then when he begun small rhythmic strokes he knew that he was pleasing her. Her hands tangled in his hair and she begun to cry out more loudly,the sounds becoming louder and longer as her hold on his hair became uncomfortably tight.

"Put your finger inside me," She managed to breathe between moans, and he pressed the tip of his middle finger on his right hand against her entrance. "Do it!" She cried, and he slid his finger in with one fluid movement. "Now go in and out. Use your finger like you are fucking me." This was an instruction that he could understand without much difficulty.

12