The Hypnotist Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,898 Followers

“What’s the distance from the tee to the green as the crow flies?”

“It’s virtually an equilateral triangle---220 give or take five.”

“I can hit a four iron two-twenty.”

“You’re talking PGA level---top of the leader board PGA level.”

“It’s my best club. I grew up on a farm. My dad gave me an old four iron. Used to hit golf balls around the fields that had been mowed---like playing every shot out of the rough. We even laid out a rundimetary golf course on one of the pastures. I had to play every stroke with that damn four iron. No way I’m going to get enough loft to clear those trees with a three iron. Do your thing, hon, so if I screw up we at least have a fall back. You’re putting like a monster today; a par should be a gimmie…and if I get lucky...”

“Are you feeling lucky?”

“Oh hell yes! I drew the best, most fun---and the prettiest partner for the day…it doesn’t get much luckier than that.”

Janice blushed…and she smiled…that adorable smile that women don’t even know they have inside them that just makes men silly. Then recognizing that the other twosome was out in the woods again, turned in and kissed Eric softly on the mouth as her hand touched his face. At that instant, in spite of his competitive nature, making an almost impossible shot became secondary in terms of important life events. In that incredible moment, Janice simply stole his heart and didn’t even know it.

Teeing up at a sixty degree angle to the fairway, Eric got every bit of that ball with his four iron. Absent the obvious sounds of a golf ball dropping through the trees, they would not know how well he had done until the got almost on top of the green. Janice hit her next two shots perfectly, laying up an easy sand wedge from the pin.

And there it was, one each Titlist™ balata sitting just below the pin around eight feet away. Janice dropped her shot even closer but there was little doubt which shot would be played.

Diane was a superb putter having a great day on the greens. They would doubtless do no worse than birdie the hole. They ended doing just a little better. She slammed the uphill put into the back of the cup for eagle with several dozen observers watching quietly from the clubhouse lawn.

After eighteen holes, there was a tie. Diane knew full well that they other twosome cheated in these company matches by often taking the best shot and ignoring the requirement to alternate scored shots when the other half of their foursome wasn’t looking. She watched them examining Eric’s and Diane’s Scorecard to determine which hole they had done poorest on and comparing it to their own strongest holes. There would be too many people watching the sudden death series for them to get away with cheating. Having won the right to choose the hole based on a coin toss, the other twosome picked the only hole---a par five---that Eric and Diane had bogied all day.

Out of ear and eye shot of the other twosome, Diane whispered to Eric.

“We didn’t play that hole that badly. We both got bad bounces off the tee---because we didn’t know there was a frigging re-sod in the landing area. We both were on the green in three and then three putted for the bogie. Remember? That was one of the few greens that had been over watered---almost soggy. If we had a better angle on the approach and shot for the pin we could have stuck it.”

“What did they do on the hole?”

“They claim the birdied it but I guarantee you that Roger---the guy on the left---who is a scratch golfer and even played on the mini tour when he was younger probably made all four shots or at least three. His partner is going to have to have at least two shots count to birdie again. He’s a solid putter but nothing special off the tee. They have to alternate shots on a sudden death hole. This hole is no big deal…it’s long but it’s straight.”

“So, assuming I dump my tee shot out there 350 or better---which I should be able to do as straight as it is and as hard as the ground is---you have to put it on the green from 220---any problem with that?”

“It’s a big, soft green and I’ve been smoking with my two iron all day---but if I do, you have to drain the damn putt if we’re talking an eagle and we have been living on my putts all day.”

“No pressure, eh? Let’s go for the eagle. Worst case a birdie will keep us in the game and we get to choose the next hole.”

The former aspiring pro golfer hit a monster drive off the tee right down the middle but with less roll than he might have hoped for. The other two shots were decent but certainly not winners. Eric got it all with his driver and rolled the ball a solid thirty yards past the next longest shot.

Janice stuck a two iron to the middle of the green; the soft, over water green stopping her ball without a bounce or any roll. The less accomplished member of the other twosome hit a decent shot from the spot of his partner’s tee shot but came up in the short rough several feet off the putting surface. The other golfer made a phenomenal putt, leaving the ball within a grip length of the hole ensuring an easy birdie for his lesser skilled partner.

Eric was a good ten feet from the hole; the greens, he recalled had a significant break to the right. If he was a little long, he’d leave Diane a very doable short, up hill shot. Long putts downhill were not his strength. Dianne approached him as he examined the options.

“Time for some of your famous self-hypnosis doctor. Slowest green on the course…don’t get tentative. Aim high and give it enough momentum to roll right into the side of the cup. You can make this one in your sleep. Be the ball, Eric…be the ball.”

She gripped his shoulder then let her soft hand drift down along his arm and very briefly clutched his hand. It might not have been as poignant as the earlier kiss but it was more than enough. He played the break perfectly, even turning away from the hole in mid roll when he knew damn well the ball was going to drop---which it did.

Eric and Janice put their arms around each other as they exited the course. The feeling of her warm, strong body excited him as nothing before in life ever had. They received the congratulations of the crowd who had gathered to watch the final hole. Even the losers were gracious in defeat

“What do we get for winning?”

“Probably a trophy or a plaque.”

“That’s it?”

“That and my eternal admiration?”

“Well, now that you put it that way, not winning wasn’t even an option.”

“You’re sweet…and a nice guy. I apologize in advance for being forward and direct---my nature---but what’s the chance you are going to call me when we get back to Ohio?”

“Absolutely, positively 100%?”

“Good answer. Where do you play in Columbus, by the way?”

“The university has a deal with Muirfield.”

“The Memorial course? Jack’s personal 18 holes of hell?”

“One and the same.”

“I’ve played that course; that explains a lot about your game---and a damn solid game it is!”

“Thank you.”

“Oh shit!” she exclaimed, checking her watch. “The company always books the cheapest, no refund tickets for these meetings.. I’ve got to scoot if I’m going to catch my flight.”

A second kiss out of sight of the other golfers…longer…demurely probing…her feminine essence filling his consciousness…completely and totally smitten...and then she was gone and he felt an emptiness like nothing he had ever endured before.

After showering and changing, Eric realized that unlike Janice he had ample time to make the flight he had scheduled earlier in the morning. As he was putting his suitcase in his rental car Diane caught his eye and approached.

“Congratulations---and thank you for humbling the perennial winners who are cheating scoundrels.”

“Janice probably made more shot than I did today---she’s a hell of a golfer.”

“You two seemed to be getting on well.”

“You could say that.”

“Which means you are going to give her a ring when you get home?”

“Uh, huh.”

“Before you go…Janice is the best region manager we’ve got. I helped her get an interview with the company out of college but she’s done it all on her own. Eric…”

“Yes.”

“Simmons is my maiden name; I changed it back after my divorce many moons ago. My married name…is…Bodner.”

“Come again?”

“It’s not common knowledge within the company---best for both of us to keep it that way---but Janice is my daughter…my only child.”

“Oh, shit!”

“Well, she and I are close---even if we don’t show it at official functions.”

“So you need to tell her…about last night.”

“Well…”

“All I ask is---let me be the one---let me tell her first. How am I going to phrase it? ‘Janice, before I knew Diane was your mother and before I became smitten by your charms…I…ah…how do I put this delicately? Your mother and I spent the night together…slept together…well not a lot of sleeping…mostly fucking…damn fine fucking---hope this doesn’t complicate things?’ I’m sure that’ll fly.”

“I’m sorry…I…”

“Oh, hell, don’t apologize. What is…is. You know her better than I do---how is she going to take the news?”

“She not flighty. If I were to bet, she’ll rib you---both of us---unmercifully but if she really likes you…or more…it’ll be okay. You’ve got my card; let me know when you tell her.”

“Here’s hoping.”

They exchanged a quick hug and kiss and Eric departed the short distance for the airport hoping desperately that his relationship with Janice wouldn’t end before it began.

Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,898 Followers