The Imperial Spy: A Dwarf's Secret

Story Info
Spying on a mature Countess leads to steamy revelations.
5.6k words
4.59
7.1k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This story is the first in "The Imperial Spy" series. Following chapters share the same high-fantasy setting and main character but don't require any previous reading. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

Eyda looked down the torch-lit hallway, and after making sure nobody was coming, pressed her bare palm on the stone brick she knew would open the secret door. As the mechanism hidden behind the wall slowly revealed the passage, she slid a hood over her half-elven ears, concealing her short, reddish hair. Once inside the tunnel, she made sure the door closed behind her and produced the map the Emperor had drawn for her. The ink on the parchment indicated that she had to go up and make a few turns around the castle before she would reach the room she had to sneak into. Eyda whispered an incantation and activated the magical artifact she had on her left hand: a copper ring that shone dimly, like a candle. It wouldn't be enough for a human to navigate with, but for a half-elf, whose eyes could easily adjust to the penumbra of twilight, it was a valuable tool.

For an imperial guard, Eyda had an uncanny ability for maneuvering through secret passageways, which made the first half of her mission unchallenging. The Emperor's faith in her skill and his trust in her character were the only reasons she had gotten where she was. Not every thief gets a position in the castle guard, let alone under the direct command of the Emperor himself. Humans, Eyda thought, must depend on that. Lacking the natural gifts the other races had, ingenuity and perseverance were the only ways for them to get ahead. And thus, knowing when to cut a deal to their advantage was a human virtue. At least that's what she believed was the reason why the Emperor had offered her a position in the castle after she had tried to steal from him. To be fair, she had managed to sneak past all of his guards, deactivate the magical traps warding his chambers and find the small chest hidden there. But she hadn't accounted for the Elf seers that had followed her every move since she had climbed into the castle. Though her heist had been ill-advised and would have earned her a life's imprisonment under the Empire's previous ruler, the new Emperor had spared her. Barely off age, the young human was ready to take advantage of every opportunity and saw a potential in Eyda that merited her a place in his forces, albeit not as a standard guard. Though the young half-elf could put up a fight, he wanted her for the skills that had gotten her into his room in the first place: stealth, agility, and resourcefulness. The traits that had once made her an exceptional burglar now had turned her into an agent, a spy for the Emperor to keep an eye on the vast court that lived within his castle.

And that was precisely what he had sent her off to this night. They had met as they always did: in secret, in his chambers after his servants had left him to slumber. She would climb through the window, to avoid altering the guards stationed at his door. He would whisper his instructions, which were for her pointy ears only. She would nod in silent agreement, and head off to prepare for the task ahead. She knew failure or betrayal would mean a miserable life behind bars, while success and loyalty would ensure her a comfortable life among the rulers of the empire. The choice was obvious.

This night was no exception. The young Emperor had made his concerns clear: Countess Kiara Silvercrown, a dwarf noblewoman renowned for her family's riches and their generous sponsorship of the empire's campaigns, had recently been spotted in town talking with a dwarven traveler, who slipped a package her way in exchange for a generous amount of gold. She had, however, pretended it had not happened, hiding the package and failing to account for the coin she had spent on it. This on itself wasn't terribly suspicious, as the people of the court weren't expected to be under constant scrutiny. But the Emperor believed that the fact that Kiara's husband was away on a business trip on the dwarven territories when this occurred could potentially mean a plot against him. In life, his father had confided in the young Emperor that some dwarves had turned against their king in his favor purely for economical gain, benefiting more from the empire's policies. The Silvercrowns were among these, their treason to their king especially odd since they were relatives of the dwarven royal family. As such, Kiara's actions had drawn the curious attention of the Emperor, who had, in turn, sent Eyda to investigate the Countess's chamber in the castle to unveil what the package contained and whether she was plotting against the empire.

As Eyda squeezed through a narrow section of the passageway, she was glad she had replaced her guard armor for a more appropriate outfit. Lightweight boots, a pair of leather leggings and a tight, hooded linen shirt had supplanted the defensive metals she wore while on duty. She had a thin scabbard fastened to her lower back with a set of belts, where her dagger waited for danger. The ring's magic illuminated a path that drew to an end, and Eyda sighed, knowing that the easy part was over. She inspected the wall, and after a few seconds spotted an oblong area on the smooth surface she knew would let her into the room. Checking once more the instructions the Emperor had given her, she pulled from a short chain on the side of the wall, and the smoothed out stone panel descended slowly, revealing the wooden back of a sizable wardrobe.

Eyda nimbly undid the tiny latches keeping the back panel in place and removed it, placing it silently against the wall of the tunnel. The dark passageway was now connected directly to the interior of the wardrobe. A wall of fine garments stood in her way now, all sized for a dwarf and exquisitely expensive. Eyda made sure not to disrupt their order, thinking it best to leave no trail of her presence. With a careful motion, she cracked the doors of the wardrobe open, barely enough to peek out. She could see no one in the darkness.

Eyda had expected Kiara to be sleeping this late at night. The dwarf's absence made her job easier, and she sighed in relief as she stepped into the room. The place was of considerable size, with ornate furnishing and invaluable decorations. The thief in Eyda was almost tempted to take something with her, but she refrained, knowing too well the consequences she would face. Despite belonging to a dwarven family, the room's furniture was of regular size, if not larger than Eyda was used to. Raising her palm, Eyda closely inspected her surroundings in the dim light. Next to the wardrobe was a tall, oval-shaped mirror, slightly curved upwards. Reflected there Eyda could see a four-poster bed, with maroon curtains that matched a pristine bed skirt below. To one side there was a door which certainly led to the main hallways of the castle, and to the other, there was a square window, shut to prevent the winds from invading the room. Below the window a large desk was set, with stacks of papers, quills, ink bottles and leather-bound books spread across the surface in precise order.

The room was littered with unlit candles in almost every surface: across the desk, above the wardrobe, on shelves among valuable artifacts and antiques, on the bedside tables and even some were perched atop an armchair. Eyda hoped that the fire that lit them was of a magical nature, lest the dwarves planned to set the castle ablaze. As she followed the trail of candles, her eyes spotted a slightly open drawer on a bedside table. She carefully made her way towards the side of the bed, and without making a noise, pulled the drawer towards her, revealing what was inside. Resting atop a scattering of personal objects was a small bundle of woven wool. Eyda took it and laid it on top of the bed. The fabric had red and black patterns that resembled the dwarven designs spotted in the package Kiara had been seen receiving. The half-elf cautiously unwrapped the fabric and had to stifle a gasp when she caught a glimpse of what it held.

Robbers, thieves and burglars feared many things, but nothing frightened them as much as dwarven manacles. These artifacts, cast in the blistering forges deep in the dwarf homeland where the most effective means of keeping someone captive: once locked, they couldn't be opened unless a divine rune was whispered in the language of the dwarves. No lockpick could crack them open, no muscle-bound warrior could snap them in half, no blade could cut through them. They magically adjusted to the size of the prisoner, and the chain that kept them together could be fastened practically anywhere.

Eyda had never seen a pair with her own eyes... until now. Kiara had acquired four sets of these manacles, which Eyda hastily wrapped up again and put back where they belonged. Their purpose was a mystery to the thief, and knowing that her discovery wouldn't be enough information to soothe the emperor's suspicions, she approached the desk to search for more evidence. But as she rummaged through half-finished letters and blank parchments, the sound of a key clicking into a lock shattered the silence Eyda was so comfortable in. Without hesitation, the half-elf dropped the letters and turned around, dashing towards the closest hiding spot she could find. Though her instinct was to flee, her duty was to spy on Kiara, and the manacles had piqued her curiosity.

With one swift motion, she dove below the four-poster bed and whispered the arcane word to dispel her ring. As the bed skirt settled back into place, concealing Eyda, a loud female voice muttered an incantation, and the room was flooded by dim candlelight. The noise of the lock clicking came once more, followed by two pairs of steps walking into the room. This surprised Eyda, who wasn't expecting anyone besides Kiara. Hoping to find out the truth behind the Countess's strange purchase, she approached the edge of the bed and tried her best to eavesdrop on the two who had entered the room.

"You aren't too talkative, are you?" asked a female voice with a thick, harsh accent Eyda was certain belonged to the Countess.

"I guess" answered a shaky, male voice that Eyda found strangely familiar. It definitely wasn't the Count, and it didn't sound like a dwarf at all for that matter. Diligently, she raised the bed skirt just an inch, enough for her to peek under it and into the room. She looked around and saw two pairs of feet: one wearing fine flat shoes, the other wearing sturdy leather boots. This wasn't enough for Eyda. She roamed around the room with her eye, adjusting her position below the bed until she could discern what was happening.

"You should stop being so nervous, young man. Or else I will need to go look for someone more confident... someone really up to the task"

"No!" exclaimed the man, his voice losing its shakiness "I'm ready. I want this... and I won't disappoint!" he added, excitement bleeding into his tone.

"You better not" retorted Kiara, but her voice betrayed her, showing hints of the same eagerness the young lad displayed.

After a few seconds of twisting and turning, Eyda smiled victoriously when she found what she wanted. She had settled into a spot where her eyes could see the tall mirror by the wardrobe, which reflected the bed and the part of the room where Kiara and the man were. And as soon as she was able to see them, however, her confusion grew. She immediately recognized the man, as he was one of her fellow imperial guards. He was wearing his armor and uniform, though he had left his weapons behind. He stood two heads taller than Kiara, who was looking him over as they spoke.

"Do you know the rules, Aldwin?" she asked, her eyes staring directly into his own.

"Err... I can't tell anybody about this?"

"That's the first one. The second one is that you have to do everything I say. Understood?"

"Sure" he answered, and Eyda saw in his face a lack of conviction in what he said.

"I mean it. If you don't want to do this, that's fine. If you say you want to stop, I'll stop. But there is no going back from that. No second chances" Kiara said slowly, closing the distance between them while she toyed with a lock of her hair, never breaking eye contact. Aldwin nodded nervously, a faint blush covering his cheeks.

"Good. Now get out of that uniform. I know you've been waiting for this" she said with a confident smile as her hand gestured to her body.

Eyda blushed, finally figuring out the purpose of the secret encounter she had been spying on. There was no revolution, no plot against the Emperor, no dwarven betrayal to the state. It was an affair. Eyda didn't know what to do. She couldn't leave without being noticed... meaning she would have to stay until they either left or fell asleep. She had no other options. As she heard the sound of armor being removed and dropped to the ground, she instinctively let go of the bed skirt, closing off her view to the couple. It almost made her feel guilty to intrude into their privacy... but then she recalled the manacles. They were the missing piece. Tough in the back of her mind a little voice told her she already knew what their purpose was, she convinced herself to keep looking. She had to find out what Kiara planned to do with those. Orders of the Emperor, after all. Nothing she could do about that.

Feeling justified, Eyda humored her curiosity and peeked once more. The mirror now showed Aldwin wearing only his undergarments and his helmet, his faintly chiseled chest in display. His body was toned from guard training, but he was also thin and lean in a boyish way. His arms were broad from carrying a sword and a shield all day, but his shoulders weren't very wide and he barely had a tuft of hair in the middle of his chest. None of this affected Eyda, who had never had any interest in men. Her eyes quickly departed from the human, who had just removed his helmet to reveal very short brown hair.

The half-elf's gaze fell towards the Countess. She was still dressed, both hands on her cocked hips and biting her lip as she observed the guard undressing before her. She didn't need to be naked to draw eyes towards her. Her long, golden blond hair was unbraided, falling over her shoulders and her back. She wasn't young, not even by dwarven standards, but that did nothing to stop her beauty. She had exquisite taste and vast riches, neither of which she had any intention to hide. She wore glittering earrings, a fine necklace, silver bracelets, and multicolored rings, each with a different gemstone. Her dress was of a deep blue hue and though it was loose enough to hide her figure, it offered generous hints of skin on the arms, legs and especially on the cleavage. She had a plump, soft face but her expression showed power and control. The same could be said for her body. Stout and stocky, Kiara had been made curvaceous by the sedentary and luxurious life of nobility. However, her body language showed confidence and desire, and it was clear that Kiara was someone to be respected and obeyed. Eyda couldn't help but keep her eyes on her, drinking the woman's appealing demeanor in like a cup of fine wine.

Her focus was interrupted when Aldwin was done, as he took a step towards the Countess, his body in full display and their lips met passionately. The kiss was quite audible, and for a few seconds, Eyda couldn't see where one started and the other ended. It very quickly evolved in intensity as Kiara ran her hands all over Aldwin. He seemed emboldened by this, and without breaking the kiss, he lowered his own hands towards her rear. As he groped her over her clothes, she got closer, pressing their bodies together, and broke their kiss. Pushing her body into his as much she could, she made sure to give him enough friction as she tiptoed and breathed out into his neck. Aldwin's breathing grew quicker as she planted wet, loud kisses on his neck, and eventually next to his ear, where she stopped and whispered something Eyda couldn't hear. Aldwin nodded eagerly, and Eyda felt the bed shake above her as he was pushed into it by Kiara.

"So you want me to take my clothes off then?" she asked in a playful tone, her eyes fixed on the young guard's increasing erection.

"Please" he muttered, and Eyda found herself internally pleading for the very same thing.

"Please what, Aldwin?" Kiara continued to tease as she turned around, facing the opposite direction and placing her hands on the intricate ribbon behind her neck that kept the whole dress in place. Eyda's gaze was frozen on the mature dwarf, an eagerness to see her naked already manifesting in her own hardening nipples. A thought crossed her mind to touch them, but Eyda kept herself in check: she had a mission to do. She had to focus.

"Please Countess, take off your dress" Aldwin asked, gasping faintly when she obliged.

Kiara pulled from a string and the dress slipped off her body like water, pooling at her feet in an expensive blue mess. Her blonde hair covered her upper back, but below it, both Aldwin and Eyda could admire wide hips, a lavish backside where a black thong rested deeply between two plump buttocks and a pair of shapely thighs. The Countess's hands moved swiftly behind her hair, and in a few seconds, a previously unnoticed black brassiere was flung across the room, landing somewhere beyond Eyda's field of vision.

Sweat started running down the half-elf's back as a moist heat spread through her skin. Suddenly, her leather leggings and linen shirt felt inappropriately warm. She forced herself to ignore her now fully erect nipples and the tingling sensation forming in her nether regions. Despite her lust, Eyda had a job to do and was determined to fulfill her responsibilities. Or at least that's what she desperately wanted to convince herself of.

When Kiara turned around, Eyda gasped, but luckily for her, the sound was covered by Aldwin's much more audible groan. Both guards had their eyes immediately drawn to the dwarf's breasts. If they had been able to talk to each other, they would have agreed without discussion that they were magnificent. They were ample, topped with large rosy nipples and bouncing softly with every step she took. Though age had sagged them slightly, what they lacked in perkiness they made up for in volume. A confident smile spread through Kiara's lips, evidence of her joy at the attention the young human was giving her.

The Countess walked towards the bed, but instead of climbing in, she passed by its side. Eyda thanked the gods for the mirror by the wardrobe, which enabled her to follow Kiara's swaying hips with her hungry eyes. She had almost forgotten what she was doing, but then she saw the dwarf procure something from the bedside table, which sparked a question from Aldwin.

"Err... what do you have there, Countess?" he asked, making an effort to avoid sounding too naive.

"Something to make sure you stay in your place" she retorted with a wicked expression in her face as she turned towards him, woolen bundle in hands. She laid it down by his side, opened it up and showed him the manacles. "Now, I'm only going to say this once, so pay attention. If you need me to let you go, you say silver, and I open these up and we are done. Understood?"

Aldwin nodded, his cheeks reddened. In a moment of boldness, he stared into her eyes and said: "Chain me up, Countess." He gulped, and seeing that she wasn't responding, only staring him in the eye with a devious smile, he added "Please."

"It will be my pleasure."

Kiara wasn't trained on the arcane arts, but as a dwarf, she had a gift for using magical items and artifacts. In no time Aldwin had both his hands and feet manacled to each corner of the bed. Lying in his back, with two pillows behind his head and his cock the hardest it had been in his entire life, he waited eagerly to see what the Countess would do.

12