The Incubus's Heart Ch. 05

Story Info
Seneca agrees to Godwin's game, and they find a playmate.
17.9k words
4.86
3.3k
3

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/03/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PDreadful
PDreadful
535 Followers

This is a long chapter, with lots of story building. Things will speed up quickly after this, I promise. If you haven't read the first four chapters, I would suggest starting there, but don't let me tell you what to do.

I hope you enjoy.

-Penny

***

"Seriously, Seneca, I can not believe you didn't tell me about breaking up with Chip the second it happened!" Olivia exclaimed into her still-asleep brain. "He called and cried for, like, an hour! And that's after I ignored him the first four times. FOUR! Dammit Seneca, that's so totally not cool. I didn't even know he knew my phone number!"

Seneca sighed, wiping her eyes as she lay the phone on the bed next to her ear. She rolled over and tried to read the time on it with bleary eyes. She gave up and rolled over, closing her eyes against the morning, and her best friend.

"Good morning to you, too, Olivia. You know it isn't even nine yet, right? On Sunday, right?" She smacked her lips, her mouth felt sleep-sticky.

"So sorry, but maybe it's because your ex-fiance called me like five times last night! He said he called you, too. Where were you? I tried to call you, too, but it went straight to your voicemail."

She groaned. "Hold on, Liv. Give me like, five minutes or something, I need to wake up. I'll call you right back."

Olivia snorted. "You'd better, or I'm going to...I don't know. I'll call your mom. I'll tell her about Chip!" she threatened. "Kennedy really liked him."

"No she didn't!"

Olivia chuckled. "Fine, she didn't, but I'll tell her anyway. You know how she hates getting her Seneca news from me."

"Alright, I will, I promise," she muttered as she hung up on her best friend.

Despite being her best friend, Olivia didn't know her secrets. She didn't know about her birth mother and the fire, didn't know the reality about how Kennedy adopted her, or even the truth about Kennedy.

If she had her way, Olivia would remain blissfully ignorant of the finer details of Seneca's condition forever. There was no way they'd still be friends if she knew the truth about Seneca.

Still, it made her feel guilty, all the lies and half truths. She just couldn't risk losing Olivia.

So, how in the hell was she gonna explain last night? How would she explain Godwin?

She wouldn't. She sighed, hating Chip for this, too. But Godwin...

Just thinking about him set her heart aflutter. She longed to see him again. She'd meet him at the bench in her secret garden again on Tuesday. It wasn't so far away, but it felt like too long, forever long.

Seneca sat up, scratching her fingers through her tangled mop of bed-head. She stretched, feeling refreshed. She felt good, good about herself and good about life. It was a feeling she wasn't accustomed to. She could get used to it, she thought with a short laugh, as long as it meant she kept meeting up with Godwin.

Her phone buzzed. Chip. She hit decline, sending him to voicemail. Guilt gnawed at her stomach, but she didn't want to talk to him ever again. Her phone vibrated a moment later, then notifies her she had seven new voicemails. Her stomach clenched, a majority of them were probably from him. Was there a way to delete them all without listening to them?

She pushed herself out of bed and took an extra long shower, enjoying the feel of the hot water on her skin, forcing herself to focus on it and not the guilt from how she dumped Chip. The heat reminded her of Godwin's touch and she closed her eyes, imagining how his fingers would feel on her skin.

Her fingers found her wet folds and she squeaked in surprise. Her hand moved on its own, and she pulled it back quickly, ashamed. She forced herself out of the shower after that, not sure if she could trust herself not to do it again.

She called Olivia back. "Sorry, Liv. I was still half asleep. And, before you bite my head off, sorry I didn't call you after I broke up with Chip. I was kind of, ah, on radio silence."

"No, I get it, but you owe me, Seneca! A whole hour I will never get back!" There was a challenge in her tone.

"I know, I know," she sighed, resting the phone on her shoulder while trying to measure out loose tea into her manatee-shaped tea infuser. She filled a teacup with water and placed it into the microwave for a minute and a half. "I'm sorry! I just couldn't. God, I couldn't marry him, Liv. He was so he was so needy and selfish. I just couldn't do it."

Olivia snorted through the phone. "Well, why'd ya say yes then?"

"Liv, I already told you!" She opened the fridge, looking for something to eat. "He was just so pushy, and everyone there was so... You weren't there, Liv! All those eyes staring into my soul, Judgy-McJudgerson style. There was no way I coulda refused under that kinda pressure!

"And, for the record, I didn't actually say yes. He assumed I did, because that's who he is, the giant selfish man-child. He wants picket fences and puppies and babies and I just can't!" She pulled out a yogurt and shut the refrigerator.

"Puppies I can see, but, damn, girl, I can't imagine you all barefoot and pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I will always have your back. This just blindsided me. I can't believe you didn't call me! I thought you loved me..." she whined, pretending to be hurt.

"Liv!" Seneca whined. "Of course I love you! I'm calling you now, aren't I? It just happened so fast, like a blur."

Olivia harrumphed, keeping her on the hook. "Chip cried for like an hour. An entire hour, which I will never get back, Seneca! An entire hour. Sixty minutes. Three hundred and sixty seconds."

"Liv, it's a good thing you're an art major, ya know?"

"What?"

She sniffed. "An hour is three thousand, six hundred seconds. You dropped a zero."

"Now you're just slicing hairs." Olivia paused. "You aren't going to change your mind, right? I'm not sure if I can do this again."

"Oh. My. God. No! I am never, ever, ever going back! I'm so glad I never brought him back here, Liv. Like, for realsies." The microwave beeped, signaling her water was hot enough for steeping, so she took it out and dropped her mana-tea into the mug. "I'd have to move. And change my name. Maybe get into the witness protection program. Do they do that? For weirdo ex-boyfriends?"

"Witness protection? OMJesus, Seneca, he couldn't have been that bad!" Olivia chastised.

"He totally was," Seneca defended. "You didn't date him!"

"But, those abs, though..."

Seneca snorted. "Abs aren't everything. I learned that recently."

"But they're your thing!" Olivia objected.

Seneca bit her lip, thinking of Godwin. "Maybe... Maybe I found a new thing."

Olivia squealed. "You already found a new guy! OMJesus Seneca! You dog!"

"Shh!" Seneca hissed into the phone, covering her mouth conspiratorially. She longed to tell Olivia about Godwin, but she just couldn't risk it.

"Don't shush me! But, seriously, you little liar, who's the new guy? Where'd you meet him? Were you cheating on Abs McGymerson?"

Her face burned. "I, ah, well, ah..."

"You did cheat on Chip! You dog! I can't believe my uptight, loyal, straight-laced Seneca cheated on Mr. Abs McGymerson! I am so proud of you. Living life! My little girl is growing up..." Olivia fake-sobbed.

"You're happy I cheated on Chip?" Seneca asked, slightly offended.

"You admitted it! You cheater!" Olivia teased. "And, yes, I am. He wasn't good for you. All you saw were his abs. I knew it wasn't gonna last. Actually, it lasted longer than I thought it would. I guess I owe Kennedy coffee now, so thanks for that."

"You guys bet on how long I'd be with Chip?" Seneca accused as she tested her tea. Still too hot. She needed some caffeine, stat.

Olivia sniffed. "We bet on all of your boyfriends. We both lost this time, but we use Price Is Right rules, so it's whoever's closer without going over. I'm usually really good at it."

"Wound me not with thine eyes but with thy words!" Seneca exclaimed.

"Good thing you weren't an English major... Oh, wait, you were." She sighed dramatically. "It's 'by thy tongue', but whatever. You know you never actually liked him. Kennedy and I knew too, we just make friendly wagers over it.

"Annnnnyway, tell me about the guy who got you to fall off the cart..." Olivia lead.

"It's the wagon, not the cart," she corrected, mostly for Olivia correcting her Shakespeare quote. "And technically I didn't cheat, just kinda... dipped my toes in the water, I guess. I haven't done it with him or anything," she balked.

"Uh-huh. Sure. Not cheating if there's no penetration, right? I'll tell that to my future girlfriend and let you know how she feels about it. Who's the new guy? Tell me, tell me! You know you want to!"

It was killing her, she wanted so bad to tell Olivia about Godwin, but she was moving into dangerous waters. She just had to keep it generic. "His name's Godwin," she said before she could change her mind.

"Godwin? That's a weird name. Where'd you meet?"

"At the park by my work. Met him on my break, we just kinda started chatting and it went from there. I dunno," she recalled, shivering a little as she remembered how his touch had felt.

"How long have you been, ah, flirting around? Is that what we're calling this?

"I wasn't cheating, Liv!" she defended. "And, ah, we met on Wednesday. He, I dunno. I can't explain it. I immediately felt a connection with him."

There was a pause, then a gleeful gasp. "No way! You broke up with Chip like, two days after you met Godwin! This guy is good..."

"Olivia!" she whined around a bite of yogurt. She'd let her tea steep too long and now it was bitter, but she sipped it anyway. "But, ah yeah, he's good. I mean, he's just..." she sighed. "I dunno, Liv. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again."

"I'm glad you found a guy you're into. I mean, the last three boyfriends you've had, well, you were more interested in their assets."

"That's not true!" Seneca argued, but they both knew it was.

"Uh-huh. Sure. Because you were totally with Mr. Abs McGymerson for his charming personality and stellar conversational skills. Come on, Seneca, don't lie to me. I spent an hour talking to your ex man-child, blubbering on and on using the same sixteen words. Sixteen words!" Olivia barked. "I counted!"

"Sorry, Liv..." she apologized.

"I'm not saying it to make you feel bad. The point is, you were only with Chip because he was cute and you dug his abs. This guy, I think maybe you're actually interested, not his assets, but in him. Seriously, it's time you found someone you can be with, as opposed to be seen with. I'm not saying this to be mean... Well, maybe just a little. Tough love and all. "

"I get it." She wanted to be offended, but she wasn't. "I'm looking forward to seeing where this thing with Godwin might go. We aren't dating or anything. I don't know if he's even interested in a relationship with me."

"Is he married? Are you seducing a married man?" Olivia asked.

"No! Jesus, Liv! Jump to conclusions much?" she barked.

Olivia huffed into the phone. "I worry about you. Just don't wanna see you get in over your head. You sure he's not married already? The last thing you need is an angry wife on your case, cause if you thought Chip was bad..."

"Oh, some personal experience, huh?" Seneca teased.

"Mine doesn't count! Shut up!" Olivia dodged. "Anyway, yeah, I know a thing or two about jilted spouses. Just saying, you know, make sure before it gets too far."

"Liv, I know he's not married. I'm sure of it."

"Yeah? Okay. So, when are you meeting him again?"

"Tuesday," she answered, too quickly.

Olivia laughed. "You aren't excited at all." she sighed, then the humor was gone from her voice. "Be careful. You don't know Godwin from Adam right now."

Seneca sighed heavily. "I know. I just feel..."

"See!" Olivia exclaimed, fake-sniffling "You feel. My little girl is growing up."

"Olivia!" she said, blushing. "Anyway, I got a million things to do today, and I'm helping Kennedy tomorrow with the dogs."

"Excuses, excuses. Love you, Seneca. Promise to call me if you break up with any other crazy men, alright?"

"Im hoping it's a one time thing, but I promise. Gotta go, Liv.".

"Wait, Seneca, is Godwin hot? I wanna meet him. When can I meet him?"

She nearly choked on the last bitter sip of tea in the bottom of the mug. "Ah, um, I dunno. Soon, maybe. I gotta go! But, um... Yeah. He's sexy as hell. Bye Liv!"

Olivia laughed. "Later gater. Good luck with your new dark horse."

********

Why was he here!? She had five minutes before the end of her shift, twenty minutes before she was supposed to meet Godwin at the bench, and Chip was here, lurking in the front lobby.

"Clarice, tell him I'm not here, please, please, please!" Seneca whispered into the phone. Would Chip be able to overhear her voice from the receptionist's headset? She could, but she had advantages that he didn't have. She wasn't gonna risk it either way.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Clarice said loudly, "It seems like Ms. Mahon stepped away from her desk, I'm not getting through to her."

Seneca could have hugged her. There was a pause and she could faintly hear Chip in the background asking if he could wait for her. No, no, no he couldn't wait for her! She had plans, and he wasn't gonna ruin them!

"Tell him it's against company policy! Tell him... I'm indentured and I have to work off my debt. Tell him that I got transferred to Istanbul," she begged.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Gibson, but you can't wait here. You need to leave unless you have an appointment, it's against company policy," Clarice said sweetly.

"Clarice, you are the best. I love you. I owe you a fancy coffee and a donut. Keep him busy, or kick him out. I'm gonna escape through the parking garage. Text me if he gets away, okay? And let me know your order. You are seriously the best ever and I appreciate the heck outta you," she gushed before hanging up. She grabbed her stuff and took off, practically running to the elevator.

The elevator took way too long. Like, years too long. She danced impatiently, feeling the need to escape. Seriously, where was the elevator? How was it still on the seventh floor!?

Stairs, she was gonna have to take the stairs. She pushed her way through the heavy fire door and heard the elevator doors ding as the fire door slammed shut behind her, because of course it did. Rolling her eyes, she took off down the steps.

She was dying to see Godwin again, partially just to make sure she hadn't imagined him. She had no way to contact him, and hadn't seen him since the breakup with Chip, and now the idiot was stalking her at work. Dammit, Chip wasn't going to ruin this for her.

Why hadn't she asked for Godwin's phone number?

By the time she got to the parking deck she was out of breath, then laughed at the thought. A vampire, out of breath. She was a terrible vampire. She pushed the thought down and focused on her escape plan.

She snuck through the parking garage like a secret agent, hiding behind cars every so often to make sure the coast was clear. It would've been more fun if the whole Chip thing wasn't happening.

She peeked around the corner once she made outside, but thankfully there was no sign of him. She wouldn't risk the meet up with Godwin, not to Chip, so she took the long way to her secret garden.

She let out a sigh of relief when she spotted their bench, Godwin wasn't there yet. She hurried over but didn't sit down, she had too much nervous energy. Pacing the sidewalk she looked for Chip or Godwin, her heart oscillating between excitement and fear.

The tingly feeling on her neck announced Godwin's presence. She shut her eyes, trying to feel for him like last time. While she could feel something, it felt more like a suggestion. The harder she tried, the more slippery it felt.

"Greetings, Seneca," Godwin whispered into her ear. She jumped, her heart trying to escape through her throat. He chuckled and it was thrilling. He wasn't touching her, but he was so close she could suddenly feel his body heat.

"You scared me!" she gasped, hand over her heart.

He moved over to the bench and she followed him. "Many apologies, hansa. I found I could not help myself with you so focused."

She pretended to be grumpy about it, pouting as she sat down next to him, leaving a polite gap. His eyes looked a bit more normal today, more of a bluish silver than mercury.

"I couldn't feel you. Not like the other day," she complained.

He nodded. "I expected as much. It seems that your body has fully processed my blood."

She shifted, feeling unsettled. "I don't like it."

Godwin was distracted, staring into the distance. She followed his line of sight, but saw nothing unusual. "Do not like what, hansa?" he asked.

Her hands were balled in her lap and she forced them to relax. "I don't like not feeling you. I mean, I could still feel you like before when I met you, but not like last time. I couldn't... I don't like it." She looked down at her feet.

"Your pout is adorable," he said. He shook his head slightly, returning his focus to her. "Do you know what you ask of me, Seneca?"

She shook her head. "Yes? No?" She sighed. "Not really. But, I liked feeling you, Godwin. Shouldn't I feel you? I thought it was part of being partners?"

He frowned. She'd said something wrong. Her stomach twisted at his apprehensive gaze. He bit his bottom lip, and for a second his teeth were sharp-looking, like fangs. In the next second they were gone, but it sent a tiny shiver of fear down her spine.

She suddenly realized she wasn't in Kansas anymore. Godwin looked up sharply, had he sensed her fear? His features softened, and he gave her a gentle smile. "If you still desire it, we will be partners, but I would prefer providing a suitable explanation first."

He watched her closely, and she felt the need to show him she wasn't afraid of him. "I do, Godwin. I've never felt this much about anything. I feel alive in a good way, for the first time in a long time."

He smiled, and this time it looked genuine. "Oh, Seneca, your innocence is refreshing."

"You make it seem like you're so much older than me," she complained.

"Older, perhaps not so much, but experienced I may be. At the very least, in the game you may choose to play with me," he explained, distracted again.

"How old are you?"

"Hmm? Oh. I am not sure your years are the same here as mine at home. I just observed my thirty fourth rotation two months hence, if I were home."

He was only a few years older than her? He he didn't look it.

"Were you meeting with Chester Gibson today?" he asked, his tone growing cold. The sudden change of tone, and the topic, had her tensing.

"What!? No! Shit. Sorry, Godwin, he came by work looking for me. I had to sneak out through the parking garage!" Her throat grew tight as she fought to control her emotions.

Godwin sighed. "It seems he is unable to forget you. He is nearby. I can feel the strength of his emotions even from a distance, and he is quite unhappy. His emotions are dark."

"I don't wanna see him, Godwin! I haven't talked to him! I swear it," she insisted, her stomach twisting into knots. "I never wanna see him again!"

"I know, hansa, I know. He will not be deterred at the moment, his emotions are too volatile. We should leave before he stumbles blindly upon us." Godwin stared off into the distance, concentrating, possibly feeling for Chip's emotions. He stood up slowly, leaning heavily on a cane she hadn't noticed before.

"Your leg..." she trailed off. She hadn't meant to say it aloud, worried about his reaction. "I'm sorry. Never mind, forget I said anything."

He shook his head, his eyes taking in everything around them. "No worries, my leg is sore today. It is less troublesome when I am well fed, but today I find it aching. We must leave now, unless you wish to confront your impassioned ex-paramour," he said, holding out his hand to her.

PDreadful
PDreadful
535 Followers