The Interlude

Story Info
A small pit stop along the way...
15.5k words
4.59
55.6k
24
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aka_Mike
aka_Mike
505 Followers

Author's Note: I know it has been a while since I last posted a story, and while I am working on the next installment, I figured I could give you guys a small background into one of the characters that will be introduced in the next series. I feel that without this bit of knowledge, the quality of the character will be misinterpreted, and it might diminish the impact that this character's presence has in D's life. I hope you enjoy this installment, while it has very loose connections to the other characters, there is no need to read any of the previous installments. I, however, continue to encourage new readers to become familiar with the story up to this point.

This is a long story and I try to do a good job at setting the stage (translation: it takes a while to get to any sex scenes so if that is all you are looking for, this story is not for you.) This story is based on actual events, however they have been dramatized for your pleasure and to adhere to the standards of this website, hope it works. Before you continue, please read "Of the Life of D..." in the Non-Erotic section if you have not done so, it will help you understand where the characters are, where I hoped that I would lead them, and where they will be headed in the future installments.

Much love,

aka_Mike

*****

How long had it been? A day? Weeks? The man was unsure; things were just beginning to clear up from the fog that seemed to have enveloped him. It was like darkness, absolute and unforgiving. As he stumbled around the now empty room, slowly his memories of the previous night were returning. The sound of the shower running in the adjacent bathroom shook him awake; instinctively he reached for his weapon. The slot that had been embedded in his mind from years of muscle memory was empty. His nakedness surprised him, again his mind jolted a bit and further memories invaded his mind. He reached for the nightstand; the bottle there had just enough elixir there to help him regain a more awakened state. As he swallowed the liquid fire, a satisfied groan escaped his lips, his vision became more acute, his senses returned to the sharpened normality that all the years in his profession demand.

"About time you woke up, darling," the seductive voice said. Every syllable she spoke was wrapped in silk undertones that revealed her desire. She looked at him with those deep green eyes that bore more secrets than he could learn in a lifetime. The towel she had used clung to her body tightly, showing the pronounced curves in her well-toned body; her breasts pushing the limits of the fabric. "It's almost noon."

"Damn," the man replied, "I can't believe I slept so much."

"I wouldn't call a drunken stupor sleep," she laughed, the melodic tone of her voice betraying the hard steel that shielded her heart. This was her greatest attribute, her greatest weapon. One she wielded well, expertly, and most important without pity or remorse. "You clung to that bottle like a desperate man. One day, you'll learn to keep the voices quiet. Even in your sleep."

"One day," the man replied, "that day can't come soon enough. Is everything ready?"

"Yes," she replied as she turned her back and allowed the towel to drop onto the floor. He had seen her nude multiple times, but every time it seemed that she became more beautiful. Each time, the vision of her body took his breath away. "At least everything from my end is set. How about your part?"

"My part is easy," he replied as he began to remove his own clothing, "I just have to flex my index finger and keep a steady aim."

"Make sure that aim remains steady," she replied, "these past few weeks you have been more out of control than normal. If I wasn't so sure about your abilities, I would have opted for a new partner."

"Well," he replied as he closed the door to the bathroom, "it's a good thing no one can come close to my abilities then."

"There is one man," she replied, knowing full well what kind of reaction her answer would bring from the man, "and if the stories are true, he is far better than you."

"They are true," he replied in a moment of complete honesty, "he was one of the deadliest men I have ever met, not to mention one of the most dangerous. But his days are done, if the rumors are true. You know that better than anyone."

"What is that supposed to mean?" She finished buttoning up her blouse as she turned around and faced the closing door. This was a game that she played with him often; she knew it helped calm him down whenever they were getting ready for a mission. But this was the first time that he had ever replied with complete honesty. They had been together now for 13 months and in that time they formed a very unique relationship that benefited them both. She couldn't remember when it became physical; all their encounters seemed to mesh into a montage of mental scenes that brought her lust to the surface. She could not deny it, he was one of the best lovers that she had taken. He seemed to know her every need, her every desire, all without speaking a word. He knew instinctively when she wanted to be taken forcefully, when she needed to be made love to, and when she just wanted to be satisfied.

For her role, she was always receptive to his advances, to his need to plunge into her with ardor. She always felt a sense of satisfaction when she would catch him staring at her body when she presented herself as she had a few moments before. But she derived more pleasure in seeing his sense of lust whenever they made eye contact, not just in the bedroom but even when they simply chatted. In the past 13 months, they had learned a great deal about one another.

"How much did you let me drink last night," the man said, the color had returned to his skin. The last piece of evidence that betrayed the night of heavy drinking was the bloodshot eyes and a slight tremor as he toweled himself dry.

"I'm not your mother," she replied, "nor your babysitter. You're a grown adult. But you did drink enough that you couldn't quite live up to your expected performance." She raised an eyebrow to show that the comment attacking his manhood was made in complete jest. She was well aware that men had fragile egos; she had made a great career at learning how to exploit that common weakness.

"That's never stopped you before," he replied as he began to don his own clothing. Unlike her, he had to wear a vast array of personal protective equipment, including a Kevlar vest that was easily concealable under the Kevlar business suit he was wearing. To the uneducated eye, the suit was just another close imitation of the more expensive Italian tailoring. Well fitted and suited for their current cover: newlyweds in a business/honeymoon trip.

"I didn't feel like having the inside of my thighs chaffed by that thing on your face," she replied with yet another laugh, as she reached out to touch his face she continued, "regardless of how great it makes you look."

"Well, at least one of us likes it," he replied, "I can't wait for this assignment to be done so that I can shave it off completely."

"But darling," she said, wrapping her arms around him and closing into his face for what appeared to be a kiss. This was another of her ploys, another one of the tools in her arsenal of weapons. He was well accustomed to this game, "whatever will you do without me?" She leaned closer, ever so close to having her lips taste his; this was a mutual desire and a power move. Another reason why she felt such attraction with this man was his ability to resist her charms. That alone was a rare characteristic from any man she had met during her life.

"You'll find some poor sucker that will be unable to tell you to get your shit together," he replied as he grabbed her by the arms, "we have a meeting to keep." Without much effort, he raised her 6 inches off the ground, almost like an adult manhandling a child, and moved her out of his way.

"You know I hate it when you do that," she said as she straightened out her clothes.

"You know I don't care," he replied as he took her face with one of his hands and gently kissed her on the lips. "That's for good luck," he said.

As he pulled away, she reached out and grabbed his face with both of her hands, this time it was her turn to deliver a kiss, "and that is so you can remember what will be waiting for you." With their last ritual complete, the man and woman opened the door to the room that had become their temporary home, and placed the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door just as it closed.

The couple walked hand in hand, smiling politely to the other guests as they made their way to the concierge desk. Without breaking eye contact with one another, they each handed a small ticket stub to the man behind the desk, while the latter quietly read the numbers in each of the tickets and signaled for one of the bellhops. Taking special care not to disturb the loving couple, the bellhops quietly, but quickly, moved toward the back area of the luxurious hotel past the "Employees Only" door. Just as quickly and quietly, they returned with a large briefcase and a small parcel which the loving couple took as they continued to exchange loving glances with one another. The man took the briefcase while the woman carefully held the parcel close to her chest and for the first time broke eye contact with each other.

"Is the conference room ready, Mr. Jones?" The man looked at the concierge with absolute professionalism, the chill of his voice revealed a man who was in complete control of his emotions.

"Yes, Mr. Davis," Mr. Jones replied, "your guests have not arrived yet. Refreshments will be delivered shortly after their arrival. Would you or Mrs. Davis care for refreshments of your own while you wait?"

"No thank you, Mr. Jones," the woman replied, "we will wait for our guests to arrive. Thank you for your hospitality; you have been most kind during our stay."

"We are here to make you feel welcome, ma'am," Mr. Jones continued, "I must say though, it is a shame that such a lovely couple has to work in the middle of their honeymoon."

"We unfortunately could not miss this opportunity," she again replied, "but I am sure that my honey here will find a way to make it up to me." She reached out and wrapped her arm around his chest like a woman claiming what is hers in the presence of other females that she might find threatening. With her sheer beauty, the mere concept was preposterous, however this served as a quiet signal between the two.

"I will, honey," he replied as he kissed the top of her head, her signal had been received. "If you would excuse us, Mr. Jones." Together, the newlyweds walked away once again hand in hand, the careful swaying of the woman's hips drew the attention of the men and women alike that were meandering in the hotel lobby. She smiled to herself, satisfied that her technique was flawless. As they reached the entrance to the conference room, the woman adjusted the man's tie and pressed his suit with her hands. Her careful patting helped remove any wrinkles from the suit, but the reality of her movement was that she was making sure that the small microphone hidden in his lapel was turned on.

"They will be here shortly," she whispered into his ear, her smile gave the appearance that she was passing on a loving message that only her husband could hear. His smile confirmed the tenderness of the quick exchange. A collective sigh was shared by the women that continued to stare as he leaned into his loving wife, wrapped his arms around her waist and delivered a passionate kiss before they entered the room. One more secretive whisper among the lovers and they were gone from the prying eyes of the crowd stealing glances of the loving couple.

...

"Are you sure that they are going to be here?" John Coleman, a balding man that was knocking at the doors of his 65th birthday asked the man sitting across from him in the large limousine. John was busily wiping the sweat from his brow, the heat of this place and the high amount of tension that he felt was causing him major discomfort. It is not every day that you can make 1 million dollars for selling one piece of paper, let alone when you can do it on the eve of your own retirement.

"Yes, John," the man sitting across from him replied with annoyance. This had been the fourth time he had asked him that same question, but he tried to keep the look of contempt hidden away. There was a lot riding in this exchange, and months of work could be undone in a fraction of a second if he did not calm his client down. "I spoke to Mrs. Davis last night and confirmed our meeting. She asked that we meet them in their hotel because they are celebrating their honeymoon. We couldn't have asked for a better cover, wouldn't you say?"

"Well, that explains the location," John muttered, part of him felt a pang of guilt. He was betraying his country after all, but after more than 30 years of faithful service John felt that he was owed more than what he would be receiving. Three times divorced, a lifetime of aches, and a borderline alcohol addiction was all he would be taking with him after his retirement. The modest pension he would be receiving would not be enough for him to enjoy a lavish lifestyle, but the $1 million would certainly see him live well off in one of the many islands in South America.

"Here," the man held a glass to John, "this ought to calm your nerves a bit. You don't want to walk into this meeting looking like you are about to lose your breakfast. It doesn't portray confidence, and worse; it might make our clients think that you are setting them up."

"Yes, you are right, of course," John said as he reached out and took the glass. Downing the contents in one gulp, he settled back into the comfortable leather seat of the limousine. "Did you ever think we would make it this far, Larry?"

"No," the man replied, filling the glass for a second time, "but it's not over yet. We still have to be very careful, John." He handed John the glass before continuing, "the meeting is going to be very brief, they want us to stay there as little as possible. So avoid the small talk, say only what is necessary, and this will be over soon."

"Why don't you do all the talking then?"

"Because you are the one that can better explain the information, John," Larry replied, "I am just there to make sure everything goes smoothly. These are people that I have to work with in the future."

"What do you mean?"

"John," Larry replied, his patience was running out but he knew he had to maintain his professionalism, "corporate lawyers need to maintain ties with others. I'm sure this is not the last time I will have dealings with them, there aren't many of us that can play this sort of game. You have the advantage of being able to walk away, and in a few days, you'll be off to a new land with a new name. I will still be around."

"Yes," John replied, his mind was already celebrating his soon to be acquired fortune, "its going to be a great time in my life. Maybe I'll find myself a good woman to take care of me, Lord knows I deserve at least that much."

"You were a Patriot all your life," Larry replied, "you deserve it." Together they raised their glasses and toasted. Larry smiled to himself, for the first time he allowed himself to be relaxed. Part of him was disgusted by the actions of the man sitting in front of him, he had become well acquainted with his disgusting habits and loose morals. There had been more times than he could count where he would have to drag a half-naked John from one of many seedy strip joints. The man knew how to relieve his stress, that much was certain.

"What are you going to be doing after this exchange takes place and I am gone?" John's question broke the small amount of peace that Larry had been able to enjoy. "Do you already have a new job to look out for?"

"No," he replied, "but I am sure something will come up. This is the age where a lot of people are retiring, just like you John. People that did not receive their due from an over taxed and underfunded government. I am sure that I'll find another account soon enough."

"Well," John said as the hotel came into view, his heart once again racing at a maddening speed. The sweat had returned, the mumbling and erratic behavior were once again in full display. "Maybe we go for a drink after, huh?"

"Maybe," Larry said as he finished the contents of his glass, "we'll see how this goes first. Remember, no small talk. Business face from this point on." He finished his statement just as the vehicle came to a stop. The doorman moved to open the door for the passengers, immediately the humid air swallowed whatever coolness the vehicle's air conditioning provided.

"Wow," John remarked as the main door to the hotel was opened, "this place is phenomenal. It's like another world compared to the outside."

"Gentlemen," Mr. Jones immediately greeted the guests as they entered the hotel, "Mr. and Mrs. Davis just went into the conference room. If you would please follow me." The three men walked the same hall that earlier had seen the loving embrace of two newlyweds.

The large door leading into the conference room opened and the couple were sitting in a large wooden table. The man had his face buried in a laptop, furiously typing away as the woman stared outside the window. As Larry and John entered the room, the door behind him was closed. Mr. Davis looked up from his computer for a brief second and nodded at the two. Mrs. Davis moved from her place near the window and walked towards the two, extending her hand to Larry.

"Glad you were able to make it, boys," her cheerful demeanor immediately placed John at ease, "it is an unusually hot day today." As Larry shook her hand, John took the opportunity to have a better look at the woman. She was strikingly gorgeous, John had often thought that Larry's description of the woman was exaggerated, but as she stood before him he felt a pang of jealousy.

"Yes, it is," Larry replied with equal cheerfulness, "is everything ready? We do have a plane to catch."

"That's why I like you, Larry," Mr. Davis replied just as Mrs. Davis moved to shake John's hand, "always right to business." He reached under the table and withdrew the large briefcase, gently placing it on the table he continued, "I will give you the combination after we verify the contents of the packet."

"John," Larry said, "if you wouldn't mind" he added as Mrs. Davis took a seat next to her husband. John reached into his jacket and produced a small envelope which he handed to Mrs. Davis.

"Now, John," she purred as her husband extracted the thumb drive from the envelope and connected it into the laptop, "what is the password?"

"15lanDShark!" John was careful to clarify which letters needed to be capitalized and which letters were not, "once you unlock it, the folder will have all the plans."

"With this," Mrs. Davis replied, "do you think we'll be able to create maps with military precision?"

"Darling," John answered, "with the information that you have, you'll not only have access to the military grids, but it will also show you the locations of every base in the world to help you create better routes for your clients. You will have your own satellite at your disposal," he continued as he reached into his jacket and withdrew a piece of paper, "and with these codes you can maneuver the satellite."

"This is incredible," she looked John in the eyes and greeted him with a warm smile that nearly caused John to fall over, "you could have asked for more money, or just about anything from us in exchange for this."

"If I had known," John replied, "but the million bucks will be good enough."

"Well, Larry," Mr. Davis interrupted, clearly he was not comfortable with how the situation was progressing, "we have everything we need."

aka_Mike
aka_Mike
505 Followers