The Journal of a Connecticut Yankee Ch. 03

Story Info
Donnie and Romie find what The Order was looking for.
9.4k words
4.81
6.7k
11

Part 3 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/29/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bonodono
Bonodono
164 Followers

Authors Note: Couple things to go over before continuing on- please note that this long chapter does contain violence, murder, drama and death. If any of these things are offensive to you then please do not continue on- you have been warned. Also, this story takes place in the MGE universe- there is a Wiki for it if you do not know what that is and if you are a new reader please refer to the first 2 chapters before reading onward.

*****

December 29th... cont.

Romie was finally finished with me after 3 more rounds of sex. Jesus, I think one day she's going to kill me by fucking me to death, if not her then her psycho split half would probably finish the job.

Well, I suppose there's worse ways to go...

Honestly, doing it in the woods, on the dirt, sucks. You get things up in places that you really don't want ever to have up there. Of course Romie didn't have to worry about that, she had me as a nice comfy fuck mattress.

After I got redressed and her teleporting back home to get clothes, we shoved everything that we salvaged from the tank into the giant backpack she brought. I did a trial lift of the thing with some unease. Yep, it was a heavy bitch alright.

This was gonna suck.

"Why do you do everything the hard way?" Romie asked smugly as she floated by behind me, arms folded behind her head like she was on a damn vacation.

She was always in a good mood after we had sex and usually I was too except for the fact that I had no sleep, was nearly raped by Werewolves posing as Girl Scouts and then subsequently raped by her evil split half. So yeah, you could say I was in a pissy mood.

"Oh really? And I suppose you have a brilliant idea on how to get all this back to the castle?" I spat, turning around to glare at her, now all of a sudden she a fucking genius in physics.

"Yep, I can just teleport it back." She said with a knowing grin.

...Now why the hell didn't I think of that, I frowned.

"Fine, you win," I mumbled after an embarrassing few moments.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that?" She asked, suddenly teleporting next to me, her feline ears perked high.

I growled to myself. A college educated, 21st century guy... outsmarted by her... The shame of it all...

"I said you win, okay! You got me on that one!"

Her impossibly large, smug grin was her only response. I sighed, supposing that being with a Cheshire, it was statistically impossible not to eventually get pissed off at their bullshit.

Grabbing a hold of the bag, she flicked her tongue out at me before teleporting out. It would have been impressive if it actually worked. All the crap inside spilled in a pile on the ground after she and the bag disappeared.

Huh, well I guess I'm not the only one immune to magic. It would seem anything that's from Earth is also immune too.

That was a significant discovery, although one I couldn't find much use for at the time. It just meant that unfortunately I had to haul all the shit back myself.

She popped back after a few moments,

"What happened?" She asked holding the empty backpack in her paws.

"We can't teleport it," I sighed as I took the bag from her and commenced to refill it.

"Looks like anything from Earth is immune to magic."

"Neat!"

"Yeah, neat..."I grumbled as I shouldered the thing.

"Let's get going."

*************************

Dropping the backpack on the ground with a groan, I peered at an unusual sight... Well maybe not that unusual here in Wonderland...

"Huh, looks like someone had a party." I said squatting down to look at all the discarded clothing on the dirt. Just taking a wild guess but from what I could tell, the owners of the clothing were from the same expeditionary force that Romie's mom and the Trumparts went to go take care of a few days back.

"Mmmm," Romie purred as she appeared next to me, "Is it giving you any ideas?"

"Seriously? Didn't we just had sex like an hour ago?" I asked, standing.

"Well, that was an hour ago, I'm talking about right now!" She said eagerly as she threw her arms around my neck in a hug and proceeded to dry hump me.

"You really gotta calm down," I said with a laugh as I pulled her off me, looking down.

A small notebook peaked out of the pocket of a well-kept pair of pants piled upon the layers of the abandoned clothes.

Curious, I snatched it out and flipped through the pages. There were lots of messy writing, that even if I could easily read, I probably wouldn't be able to because of this guys chicken scratch. I was just about to stop when I came across a hand drawn symbol towards the back. There was no way it should be there... the symbol for nuclear radiation...

"Hey... What does this say?" I asked carefully, pointing to the writing on the page around it.

She glanced at it for a few seconds before reading,

"'The holy relic shall reveal itself by this symbol. Then it says- Retrieve at all cost, for it shall be our salvation," She pointed at the various scribbles with a claw.

"Here it says - Praise and glory be unto The Chief God for her divine gift to baptize the world in fire and purify it from sin," She finished made making a face, "Ugh, I hate that kind of stuff."

Yeah, I would have agreed to a certain extent and even thought her expression was cute if I wasn't pissing my pants. This was suspiciously shaping out to be some Planet of the Apes shit and we all know how that ended...

I licked my dry lips and asked, "Where do you think they were headed?"

In answer, she flew up above the green and orange polka-dotted trees for a brief moment before returning.

"Maybe that way," She said pointing east, "There's something over there, I just can't make it out."

It took us about another 30 minutes or so to reach, but when we finally did... Wow.

It was once a large plane- a bomber or transport of some kind. The wings were gone, torn off, along with massive damage everywhere. It had been here for a few years, with evidence of regrowth everywhere from the path that the thing took when it crash landed to where it settled.

Making our way inside, I checked the cockpit. A skeleton dressed in an American air-force uniform sat strapped into the co-pilots chair. I stared at him for a moment, thinking he should be given a proper burial.

"Sorry, my friend, I wished you could have made it..." I mumbled silently to him.

"Donnie, I think I found it!" Romie called to me from the back of the plane.

I looked upon the compact, sleek, missile attached to a cradle on the plane's floor. I'd bet you the last dollar in my wallet that the thing was designed to be attached to a predator drone. Staring at the tiny symbol on its side, I was hoping, praying, that my eyes were somehow playing tricks on me. They weren't. The symbol in the notebook, the relic of great power that would turn the tide of war in favor of The Order... It was a god damn nuke.

There was no profanity I knew, no cuss word I could say that would do justice to that moment. Shock and terror were rioting in my head and all the cops had the day off.

"Hey, what's wrong, you've been staring at that thing for a while now." Romie said as she came up next to me.

I turned, probably white as a ghost, regarding her and the bomb back and forth. How could I explain something like this to her? She had no knowledge of physics, of 21st century weapons, or even the concept of a WMD.

Her ears flattened against her head in fear as she grabbed me by the shoulders, "Hey! You're scaring me, what is it?!"

I fought against myself, trying not to freak the fuck out. It wasn't armed, it couldn't have been if it had been here for the while that it seemed like it had been here for. Everything was fine. It was ok... It was ok...

Breathe.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. Make that 5 deep breaths as my girlfriend continued to hold me and search my face for some kind of answer as to why I was losing my shit. Finally I spoke,

"We... May have a problem..."

She looked at me questioningly as I spoke again.

You see that?" I pointed to the bomb. Her eyes followed my finger to it.

"That... That's from my world. It's called a nuclear bomb, it... it's a weapon of mass destruction, it could very easily destroy an entire city in a matter of moments." I said trying to keep my voice steady and even.

She looked at the small missile in disbelief.

"You're pulling my tail. How in the name of the Maou could that little thing destroy a city?" She questioned with a grin, thinking I was joking with her.

Oh, my poor, sweet, innocent little Cheshire. You have no idea of all the horrors we Humans have created...

I swallowed hard as I attempted to explain to her,

"It's from my world. Remember what I told you, we're about a millennia ahead of you guys here with technology. That means our weapons are too... This was made to end life... To... Totally destroy a very large area."

While the bomb seemed to be a highly miniaturized version of the ones I had seen on TV, games and online, I was damn sure it could take out anything on this world with no problem.

"Why? Why would your people build such a thing?" She asked in fear, looking back and forth between it and me, her grin vanishing.

Guess she finally believed me.

How could I answer that? What answer could I ever offer that wouldn't make the Humans of my world sound like real monsters? We built it to kill as many people as possible? For self-defense? To win a war, that if started with another nuclear country, would end up just destroying all life on the planet? We built it just because we could? No answer I could give would make sense. Not even to my crazy little Cheshire.

I sighed out loud, as she looked at me for some kind of reasoning.

"That's a question... I can't easily explain right now." I said sadly to her. It was a piss poor answer, she deserved more, she deserved the truth. My mind at the time, though, was racing to figure out what to do.

"But we can't leave it here. The Order knows about it, they were looking for it..."

Another question. How the hell do they know about nukes? The symbols? A terrifying thought came to mind. Maybe someone told them, someone that knew it was here. Maybe... Maybe my happy ass isn't the only one here from Earth right now...

I disengaged myself from her and walked over to it. Romie held out her paw to me, urging me to come back, not to go near it.

"We have to somehow dismantle it... destroy the parts, bury the plutonium core in the deepest darkest hole we can find..." I thought aloud.

And I knew just the person to help me do it...

Hopefully.

"We have to take it to mother. She'll help us."

I stared at her for a moment.

"Uh, no."

"Why?" She asked, shocked that I wouldn't.

"Because, Romie, I'm not handing a nuclear weapon over to your mom and by relation, your grandma."

"And why not? Why is it ok to ask my mother for help in getting you home but not with this?"

I walked back, took her paws in my hands and kissed them, "I want you to know that I love you very much and I would put my life in your hands... Paws."

Romie blushed fiercely at my honesty, overlooking my verbal fuck up, as I continued,

"But I don't trust your family. Your grandma Maou wants to conquer the world and change humanity, even if it's with the best of intentions, I can't get behind that. Your mom, I guess I hardly know but regardless, I refuse to hand over that much destruction, that much misery to anyone."

"Your people have it." She said pointedly with a defiant gesture of her chin. I had to smile inside, my girl really was a sharp cookie.

"Yeah, you're right and we've almost destroyed the world multiple times since we've developed the technology." I said thinking back to the destruction of Hiroshima, the Cuban Missile Crisis and even the Doomsday Clock.

"Do you really want to live in a world where someone has their finger on a button that could vaporize everything with a single push?" I asked quietly.

Romie angrily crossed her arms and looked away but she knew I was right. There were a lot of monsters in this world, maybe I was one to add to that number, but I would be damned if I let this thing exist here and even be duplicated.

"I wish... I wish things were different. That you and I could settle down, enjoy the good life with no cares or worries. Maybe... maybe even start a family one day..."

Her ears perked up at that, and she turned her head towards me with an unreadable expression.

"But this... This is bigger then you and me. This threatens everything and everybody. We have to destroy it. I... I need to know... Are you with me?" I whispered.

With a single answer she could shatter what I kept guarded for so long. The thing that I insanely gave her because she was my kind of crazy.

My heart.

I held my breath as she stared at me. My eyes meeting hers. Her face was indecipherable as time seemed to slow once again around us. It was like my whole being revolved around her answer. I knew I couldn't do it alone and I had no idea how I was going to explain Victoria to her and vice versa but I also knew I couldn't do it without each of them.

I peered deep into her eyes. You could almost drown in them. It was like I was swimming in a sea of purple, waiting for an answer. A soft smile spread over her lips as she came close and quietly said 7 simple words.

"I'll always be with you, my husband."

I exhaled roughly, fighting to keep my emotions in check as she said what I needed to hear the most.

"Thank you," I said shakily as I hugged her tight, tears escaping from my eyes.

"After this though," She whispered into my ear, "You'll never say no to me when I want sex."

"Okay," I laughed, rubbing away the tears with my knuckle, "I'll do you one even better. After this, I'll be your personal slave, whatever you want, I'll do."

Her eyes lit up with the possibilities as she gave me her impossibly large Cheshire grin.

God help me, I think I may have over promised way too much.

Romie ended up teleporting to the castle again, only this time she grabbed Rudolf and a cart to haul our latest find. We made it back to the castle late that night. I was almost passing by the time we did, but mission accomplished. I personally wanted the nuke where I could see it, but Romie exercised the wife veto and said no, I couldn't sleep with the weapon of mass destruction. Well... it was her room we were staying in any way.

She assured me that it would be safe in the stables and that no one would touch it. Thinking back, I suppose I was so damn tired that I would have agreed to anything.

Before my eyes closed for the final time that night, my Cheshire kissed me on the cheek and I let out a small prayer to whoever or whatever that was out there,

Please, don't let it happen again...

I opened my eyes to the sun rising over crashing waves and a sandy beach. The sound of sea-gull calls over head and the salt air on the wind. Looking around, I saw high rises behind me and off to the distance. This seemed all very familiar, but from where? Taking a deep breath of the ocean air, I walked over to a little food shack behind me. I stared at the peeling red paint on it's front and the faded menu above the order window. Tacos, burgers, fries and hot dogs, all beach style food, then it came to me. I was in Florida! This was the last vacation I went on with my folks, before going to college! I remember now... we went to SeaWorld, the beach and Disney World.

But why was I here and where was everyone? This beach should be packed full, and yet I was alone.

I walked back to the water and stared out into the surf. The hypnotic sound of the waves were both relaxing and comforting, I wanted to stay here forever but yet, I felt as if I was forgetting something or someone... What though?

"It's amazing, I never thought that it would be so beautiful here... Sad they'll ruin it all." Called a feminine voice.

I looked over to see a gorgeous blonde woman in a yellow sun dress standing some feet away, looking out to the sea. She looked back at me and gave a warm smile. A part of me realized that I should have been wary and yet I felt nothing but peace and calm.

"Who are you?" I asked loudly amidst the crash of the waves.

"The other side of the coin!" She replied with a grin as she walked towards me. Her bare feet kicking up sand as she came closer and closer.

"I don't understand," I said to her as she reached me,

"Is this a dream?"

"It could be." The woman said with a teasing, enigmatic expression. She looked to be my age - in her early 20's, wearing deep red lip stick and some light make up. Her dress was cut low, exposing a generous amount of cleavage, and high, showing off her shapely tanned legs.

I blinked and suddenly we were in front of a huge aquarium filled with fish. It took me a moment but then I realized we were at SeaWorld!

"Mind showing me around?" She asked through half lidded eyes and a charming smirk.

"Sure," I smiled in return as I offered up my arm to her. She threaded her own through it and we toured the empty park.

I showed her the orcas, the penguins and dolphins, she was even brave enough to touch a sting ray at the petting pool, although she did scream a little when they splashed her. As we laughed and had fun, there was still this nagging, forgetful feeling I had. As hard as I tried to remember, I couldn't as if it was something just out of reach.

I blinked again and we found ourselves in front of Cinderella's castle as we continued our walk, now through Disney World. We visited Epcot center, saw all the rides, had a day of it really as she asked me question after question about the things we saw.

"I still don't see the attraction of having a large mouse as an ambassador," She said, making a face as we walked through a souvenir store chalked full of mouse stuff.

I smiled at that and replied, "Well if you can find out where they're keeping Walt cryogenically frozen, then maybe we'll go thaw him out and ask why."

She gave me an odd look then shook her head with a chuckle as we carried on.

After another blink we ended up right where we started at the beach. A wave of confusion washed over me and I glanced out to the ocean as if it would offer some answers. Looking back, I saw she was sitting on a large towel that wasn't there before. Looking up at me with a smile, she patted the empty space next to her in invitation.

I sat down and drew my knees up to my chest as we silently enjoyed the view together. She leaned herself against me as we watched the sun getting low in the sky.

"What did you mean- they'll ruin it all?" I finally asked.

"The Mamono." She replied quietly.

"Mamono aren't on Earth," I said to her with a short laugh.

"No, but they will be. Then they will ruin it, just like they ruined my world." The girl said sadly, her smile gone.

"Really, who are you?" How do you know all this?"

"I told you, I'm-"

"No, that doesn't cut it." I interrupted her.

She peered at me from the side, her grin slowly returning, and said,

"I wished we could have met sooner. Strength, kindness, courage and heart, you're the very example of humanity," She looked back out to the ocean, "We could have done so much together..."

I snorted, "Lady, if I'm a prime example of humanity, then you've got some pretty low ass standards."

She giggled at that, "Well, maybe you are a little rough around the edges. But it's what gives you your charm," She replied while laying her head on my arm.

We sat in silence again for a time. The rest of the day seemed to fly by as she asked me random questions like: How many oceans did Earth have? How was a hotdog different then a burger? And, oddly enough, what did I look for in a woman. Eventually the setting sun disappeared beyond the horizon as the wind grew cold, and the sky dark. The high rises behind us lit up as night descended upon us.

Bonodono
Bonodono
164 Followers