The Journal of a Connecticut Yankee Ch. 07

Story Info
The ending chapter to the 1st season of JCY.
6.9k words
4.75
5.2k
5

Part 7 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/29/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bonodono
Bonodono
163 Followers

Authors Note: A special thank you to the author Coyo for allowing Donnie to uh, visit the Covet Corner Hotel. I tried to keep his stay there as brief as possible as I know he can be quite the trouble maker. I also do want to apologize to everyone for the quality of this chapter. I've been going through some rough times in my personal and work life, it makes finding time to write as well as getting into that writing mood very difficult. I hope you all can forgive me and I hope to be back up to a better craft sometime soon.

*****

The Covet Corner Hotel...

A mysterious hotel found both no where and yet everywhere. All one has to do is ask to be somewhere else and a door will appear to them. The hotel itself is run by a kindly aged gentleman named Gramps assisted by a little girl Succubus named Lilly. The first night is always free but be prepared to have a roommate. Don't worry though, many find their roommates to be quite agreeable... if you wish to read more, I will post a link to his stories in the comments section below.

April 21st.

I opened my eyes to the sun rising over crashing waves and a sandy beach. The sound of sea-gull calls over head and the salt air on the wind. Looking around, I saw high rises behind me and off to the distance. This seemed all very familiar, but from where? Taking a deep breath of the ocean air, I walked over to a little food shack behind me. I stared at the peeling red paint on it's front and the faded menu above the order window. Tacos, burgers, fries and hot dogs, all beach style food, then it came to me. I was in Florida! This was the last vacation I went on with my folks, before going to college! I remember now... we went to SeaWorld, the beach and Disney World.

Hold on... Wait a god damn minute!!

"No!" I shouted, pointing a finger to the blonde in a sundress, making her way over.

"No, no, no and NO!" I walked away, my feet kicking up sand behind me.

"Donnie, wait! Please, I just want to talk!" She called.

I passed by the faded food shack. Fuck that place, their prices were insane and the hamburgers sucked.

Getting to the side walk I cursed as my bare foot touched the scorching hot cement. Turning back I saw her staring at me from afar.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and tried to will some sandals to appear in front of me. Opening them I was rewarded by an actual pair at my feet.

Gotta love lucid dreams. Slipping them on, I stomped away from the beach only to blink back to where I started.

"God damn it, that's cheating. Look, no means no, Ilias! Seriously, do all women in this damn dimension have a problem understanding that word?" I said to her.

"You said my name," She smiled at me.

"Leave me alone. I might have fallen for that cute little trick you played on me last time but not again. Which, by the way, should have been impossible." I growled pointing a finger at her.

"Your immune to magic, not the Gods, Donnie," She explained as she walked to stand in front of me, "Now we can do this all night, and the next night and the next or you can listen to what I have to say."

"I'll take door number 3." I said stubbornly, walking a few steps away. Staring at her, I held out an arm to my side and concentrated. She gave a slight look of apprehension before a folded lawn chair suddenly appeared in my hand.

"What are you doing?" She asked bewildered as I opened it and stuck it in the sand. Ignoring her question, I then summoned up a side table and a foot rest. The Goddess watched in growing confusion as I set up a perfect little beach spot. Concentrating again I instantly changed my clothing to a pair of black swim trunks and a grey tank top.

"Are you finally going to listen to me?" She said with a blush on her face. Guess my beach attire was a little too scandalous for her.

"Nope," I replied as I sat down and willed a Mai Tai in my hand and a pair of sunglasses in the other. After putting them on my face, I flicked a finger at the sky and Kokomo by The Beach Boys suddenly started playing loudly around us.

Throwing her hands over her ears, she looked around wildly in fear of the foreign sound. Finally she settled her gaze back in my direction.

"In all my time in existence, I have never met anyone as difficult as you!" Ilias screamed at me in frustration over the music.

"Thaaaaaaats where I waaaanna gooooo... waaay down to Kokomooooooo." I sang back to her then took a sip of my drink.

Ah damn it, I didn't add enough rum.

Another blink had me suddenly falling to the ground on my butt in front of Cinderella's castle and a setting sun. Fuck for a dream that hurt like a bitch. Throwing off my sunglasses I looked over and saw Ilias giving me a smug grin. I returned it with a glare.

Pulling myself up, I continued to glare at her as I walked over to a nearby churro cart and grabbed one out to eat.

$8 my ass and they say Mamono are the rapist.

"Can we talk now?" She walked over and bent down, placing her elbows on the carts table top to watch as I chewed away at the cinnamon and sugary goodness. I had the sneaking suspicion that she was doing it to show off her cleavage to me.

"You know this is my dream. I could pull some real bullshit on you if I wanted to." I pointed the churro at her, semi-threatening the blonde between chews.

"Yes, I know," She sighed, standing back up straight and giving me an aggravated look, "But you should also know I'm a Goddess and I can return the favor."

Taking another bite out of my pilfered snack, I regarded her. She still looked the same, attractive in her 20's, silky blonde hair, good-sized boobs, red, full lips, some mascara and eyeliner on. Definitely Brazzers material for sure. Had about 10 girls just like her in my Art History class because they liked to look at the pretty pictures.

"Fine, what do you want?" I asked after I swallowed the last bite.

She snapped her fingers and suddenly she was wearing Cinderella's classic blue gown. Looking down, I saw that I was dressed in a royal white and black suit.

"I'm already married to a princess." I said with a frown as the churro cart faded away.

I really could have gone for another.

"You could be married to a Goddess..." She breathed as she stepped closer and wrapped her arm around my waist.

The world melted away and we were in a massive ballroom I didn't recognize. Stained glass adorned the huge windows, pure white marble tile it's floor and intricate white stone pillars held its ceiling. Classical music started to play as her other hand grabbed mine and we started to dance.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't free myself from her grasp. A part of me realized that there really was no way I could, she was a celestial being after all.

"Where are we?" I asked as she spun me out, our hands still linked. It was a little emasculating as "Cinderella" took the lead but I really didn't have a say in the matter.

"This was the great ballroom of Lescatie's castle, before it's demise. Many grand parties were thrown here," She explained as she pulled me back into an intimate hold.

Staring deeply into my eyes, she added with a tilt of her head and a slight pout of her lip, "Many great romances also started within these walls as well."

"I told you, I'm already married." I growled to her.

"I know. I also know what the Maou is planning. You do too. Soon she will do to your world as she has done to mine." She said as we slowly swayed to the music.

"You don't know that." I replied with my best poker face.

"Yes I do. You do too."

Damn it, bluff called. We danced in silence for a few moments after that as her words weighed on me.

"I can't stop it... What's done is done" I said softly looking away from her.

"You're right. You've doomed your world," I turned my head back, staring into her deep blue eyes, "But I offer a kinder alternative to your fate. To seeing your world fall to them just as I had to watch mine."

Ilias released her hold on me and placed both palms over her ample chest, "Come with me. Escape the misery and the heartbreak you will endure watching what will follow and be my companion."

"And what? Help you and The Order re-take over the planet?" I snorted.

"No Donnie," The Goddess replied sadly, "This world has already fallen, as will yours soon enough. Come with me, just you and I. We can travel, explore the infinite number of worlds in the cosmos. With me by your side, you will never age, nor grow hungry or tired or cold. I would never allow you to be harmed like you have been here."

"And what would the cost of all that be? All the tea in China?" I asked sarcastically.

"No," She took a step closer until our faces almost touched. She was perfection, not a blemish, not a flaw, she smelled of the sweetest perfume and her breath had a hint of cherries on it, "All I ask is that you be mine and mine alone. I would give up what I have left of this world to have you by my side. In all my time, I have never met a man such as you, is it so wrong to want someone who has captured your heart?"

I won't lie to you. The promise of exploring the galaxy with a beautiful Goddess by my side was more than tempting. To fulfill a dream that I had no chance of fulfilling was seductive in by itself but to have a gorgeous being such as her profess herself to me was...

Well it was indescribable.

But it was an offer I couldn't accept. I had the most amazing woman in existence as my wife already. I made my choices and for better or worse, I had to stick by them.

"I'm sorry," I finally mumbled, not having the courage to meet her eyes.

We stopped dancing and there was a long silence as the music faded to a stop.

"You will regret your decision." Is all she said as I looked back to her. Ilias's face was unreadable as she stepped back away from me. The room around us dimmed until we stood in the star filled void of space.

"You could have had everything, all the indescribable joys that I could offer. Now you will know nothing but tragedy." She whispered in a small, hard voice. Raising her hand above her head she snapped her fingers.

My eyes shot open as I was ejected from my own hijacked dream. It was still dark out as I recognized the guest suite that Romie and I were assigned to in the Maou's castle. I was laying on its enormously large bed. Looking over, I saw my Cheshire sleeping peacefully next to me, our bodies still slick and sticky from making love some hours back.

"Damn it." I breathed aloud as The Chief Gods words echoed in my head.

••••••••••••••••••

April 22nd.

I sat at a large dining table, having breakfast alone. Romie decided to skip eating and instead go out shopping with a new friend, some red-headed curly-haired Succubus chick named Aeshma. Well, whatever she deserved some girlfriend time and if buying up half the Bazaar of the Royal Maki made her happy then hey, all the power to her.

The sound of heavy footsteps interrupted my musings as the Maous husband walked into the room.

Fuck.

He was dressed in a brown and black jerkin that showed off his muscled forearms with back leather pants and a large sheathed sword on his waist. Certainly the very picture of GQ medieval fashion around here. We stared at each other as I put a forkful of eggs into my mouth and chewed slowly.

"We will talk." He said gruffly to me.

Nice to know the Maou married this guy for his superior articulation skills and not his Fabio like physique.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked politely as I wiped my mouth with a napkin.

He regarded me with what I could only consider as disdain. Pretty sure the old man didn't like me too much.

"Not here. We will talk in private."

Remember kids, don't go to a secondary location with a stranger.

"You know I think here is good. Lots of witnesses, a nice large table for me to use as a barrier in case you decide to kill me. Yeah... I really like here."

He glared at me a few moments longer then a from the corner of his mouth, his frown curved slightly upwards.

"You're not as foolish as you look or sound."

"Flattery will get you everywhere." I retorted with a small tight smile of my own.

"You play a dangerous game, boy. Insulting my wife as you have been and refusing her demands. Do that to any Royal in Order territory and you would likely lose your head."

Guess, Grampa was angry that I've been naughty.

"Well, where I'm from, we don't have Kings or Queens or Demon Lords, we have elected officials so I'm not as inclined to cower in terror at nobility. As far as what I've done or refused, that's my business. Not that anyone seems to care but I was trying to protect everyone from each other. My people from yours and vise versa. But you know what? That's no longer and issue anymore. Your wifey's got Big Boy's key and the ball is in her court, happy ending right?

"You speak with nothing but disdain and insults. You need a lesson in manners." He spat as drew his sword.

"And you both speak with nothing but arrogance, fancying yourselves Gods; Infallible, absolute and just. Here's a little reminder from a mere mortal: You're not. And what can go wrong will go wrong that's called Murphy's Law." I retorted, tilting my chair back and sliding a hand down to Winona.

God damn it, I did NOT want to take this guy on. Besides would Demon Realm Silver even work on the very first Incubus?

I didn't know but if he decided to start some shit, I had a half assed plan in place. Tilt myself backwards if he took a swing at me, empty Winona out on him with head and chest shots, pray it's enough to maybe stop him for a few minutes so I could get the fuck outta dodge.

Yeah not the best plan in the world but hey I was working on the fly.

He then did something unexpected. He turned the blade for me to see. The metal was nothing but beautiful, highly polished with intricate filigree etched throughout. It was both a deadly weapon and a work of art, truly the sword of one the greatest Hero's of this world.

"Do you see this blade?" He asked.

I nodded slowly, suspicious of where this was going.

"This sword is like no other. It is made of starmetal gathered from a hellish tundra by holy monks of an ancient cloister and forged over the span of a year by master blacksmiths with no equal. All with the intent of killing, slaughtering and fighting those that are called monsters. It was to be the blade that would carve the Demon Lords head from her body and once again save humanity for the glory of The Order."

Neat...

He paused, allowing his words to sink in.

"As I traveled the lands to here, what is now called the Royal Maki, I saw the world beyond the orphanage I came from, beyond the small room I called my own as a Hero trainee and beyond the constant exercises..."

I saw the distant look in his eyes as he remembered what he once was. His expression was no longer brooding and contemptuous but more nostalgic.

I saw people in villages living no better than animals, while The Order devoted their resources to their warfare. Poverty, famine and plague all ignored for the greater good to end the threat of the monsters."

His face hardened at his own words.

"I was at my journey's midpoint when I set up camp near a well-traveled road for the night. I had just passed by a small farm who's crops had failed because of a drought. I gave the family that lived upon it what food I could spare but I knew it wasn't enough. In time starvation would take them. Some time into the twilight, I was awoken by the sounds of a cart traveling by. Discovering it was being driven by monsters, I followed it in hopes of finding a nest of them to destroy.

When they reached the farm, I feared the worst for the family, but was shocked to see them leaving the starving farmers food in a basket by their door. Confused, I trailed them throughout the darkness as these 'enemies of humanity' brought food to the starving people of the area. In a single night, I saw more kindness from them than my entire life spent being shaped and molded to be a Hero for The Order."

He ended the story with a sigh. Perhaps remembering the past was rough for him, who knows. But it didn't have the desired effect on me that he probably was hoping for. In fact it just made me more critical of him. All that power, all that influence, and what did he do with it?

I cocked my head back in thought for a moment, then lowered it back down to regard him as I said,

"That's a certainly a nice feel good story. Personally I always thought it was a dick move for The Order to send some lone guy out to take on the Demon Lord." I said calmly, "But yeah, heart warming and all that. Just a little question, though. So you saw The Order basically mistreating and ignoring the hardships of your fellow Humans out there and you decide to fuck the organization over by helping the old ball and chain take over the world? Ever thought of a good ol' fashioned revolution? Help the common people take back some power? Maybe even get a guy that chopped down a cherry tree as a consultant?"

He stared, as if flabbergasted by the idea, then snorted a laugh at me. "The common people? The peasants? They could not rule, let alone defend themselves. Yes, some are good-hearted, some wise and some even capable. But the idea of them ruling the land is laughable. They can hardly take care of their own, even The Order saw that. Human kind is flawed, weak, greedy and unkind. What we work towards is an unraveling of that. A reality of love and peace."

Guess he really just lost all faith in Humanity. In the end to him perhaps the Maou's plan was more of a path to revenge for the wrongs he saw then anything else. I frowned and shrugged.

"It's been done before in my world. It's how my country came to be. Don't doubt the common people's ability to rise above."

The husband stared at me hard for a moment then said, "I retract my statement about you earlier. You really are a fool if you think Humanity can change for the better without Mamono, without being transformed."

For some reason his insult stung me more than it should. I sneered at the former Hero and in an effort to avenge my bruised ego, replied sarcastically,

"Really? An enlightened conclusion coming from a guy who's only job was to swing a piece of metal around and die for the cause. Why do I find it lacking?"

His visage turned deadly as he pulled the sword up to his side in a battle ready pose.

"Husband of my granddaughter or not, you need to be taught some manners."

"I wouldn't do that." I replied while covertly pulling Winona out from her holster.

As he took a swing, I fired a couple of rounds and dove left. I didn't know if any hit him so I decided a couple more shots couldn't hurt. That time I could tell they landed and he seemed to pause slightly as the bullets phased through him.

I bravely made a run for it. Dashing though the hallways making random turns, I was hoping to lose him. Wherever I went, though, I could hear him not too far behind.

"Shit, there's gotta be someplace to go other than here!" I mumbled to myself in a panic.

An odd sound make me look up to see a door that I could swear hadn't been there before. I debated on opening it when heavy footsteps and growling made my decision for me as I quickly ran over and opened it.

Quickly shutting the door behind me, I turned to see something I would have never expected. I was in a hotel lobby! Not exactly like a Holiday Inn or a Best Western, no, this place had a classy 1980's high end look to it. There were variously different kind of Mamono spread about doing their own thing, even a few couples here and there chatting away to each other. What was this place? Was I even still in the Maou's castle?

My own self survival instinct slapped me in the face. Tall, dark and pissed was still after me, I had to get moving. Making my way quickly to the desk, I was stopped by a cute, smiling little blonde Succubus girl in a blue dress. She curtsied to me and said,

Bonodono
Bonodono
163 Followers
12