The Journal of a Connecticut Yankee Ch. 08

Story Info
As Donnie returns to Earth what changes will he find?
8.9k words
4.77
5.3k
10

Part 8 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/29/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bonodono
Bonodono
163 Followers

Authors Note: Well we are all caught up now aren't we? This will be the last Yankee chapter for a while as I work on the Home Improver side of things. Don't worry, Donnie has plenty of story left. As many of you can guess this story mirrors June's Revenge and has a different side to things one might say. I would like to take the time to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and emails. You guys really make writing worth it! I hope you all enjoy the read.

••••••••••••••••••••

Would it make much sense for me to keep writing to you? I don't even know if you or anyone for that matter will ever read this. My old journal was lost, who knows where it ended up. Yet if you are reading this, I think you need to know the truth. That the world you live in, isn't the real one. You see, I gave the Demon Lord (the Maou) the key to a horrible weapon, giving her the power to come to this world and bring about a change that not only affected her own but yours as well.

If you don't believe me, I don't blame you. For what I wrote... Well, I guess what I am writing is something that very well makes me look like a mad man. With everything I've been through, I'd say you're not too far off from the truth. But what I have to tell you, what I have told you, is the truth. In the end, if you can ever believe me, I can only hope you will forgive me for the things I have caused... both to you and to the Earth.

I honestly tried to do what I thought was right... What I thought, what I hoped was best for you all. In the end we were all wrong. I was wrong. I'm so sorry...

- Donnie —————-

••••••••••••

Beep...Beep...Beep

It was a sound I had heard many times before. Sometimes in dreams, both sleeping and waking. The steady rhythm of a heart rate monitor. In an odd way, it was almost relaxing... soothing.

I opened my eyes only to find fuzzy images. It was dark in the room save for a single light coming from behind my head. A feminine shape appeared by my side and took my hand, giving it a light squeeze.

"Mom?" I croaked. It felt like I hadn't used my voice in forever.

"Shhhh..." She said comfortingly as she laid her other hand on my head and stroked my hair.

"Oh god mom, you wouldn't believe where I've been. Or maybe it was just a dream?" I whispered horsely, struggling to swallow as my throat was dry and raw. She helped me sit up and put a plastic cup of water to my mouth as I greedily drank until I started to choke. Taking it away, she grabbed a napkin and gently wiped my mouth. My vision was thankfully starting to clear as I continued to talk.

"Mom, where's dad? I... I don't know if it was real but..."

Looking down to the hand holding my own, I saw a black sleeve trimmed with white lace. Tracing my eyes up the arm, I was met with an unfamiliar woman blushing slightly, dressed in a French maid outfit. Confusion set in as to why there was a maid, not my mother, next to me. My puzzlement then gave way to shock as I noticed her head. Two green insect like antenna were attached to her head and there was a large yellow compound eye on each side. She was a Mamono, a Mantis.

It wasn't a dream.

"It wasn't a dream," I said aloud, echoing my own thoughts.

The maid shook her head in the negative as she stared down at me. I laid my head back down and sighed deeply. It was real. In some ways I was relieved. Romie and Victoria... they existed. But that also ment that Mamono had come to Earth as well. I looked back over to the Manits as she continued to observe me. The Maou had done it... She opened the gateway. Ilias's warning to me quietly reverberated in the back of my mind as reality set in.

"Mr. ———-, my name is Molly, I am a servant to her royal highness, Princess Druella. You have been in a coma for some time ." The maid spoke finally.

Druella? Last I knew of her, she was literally fucking over Lescatie. What the hell was going on?

"Just call me Donnie. Where's the Maou? She sent me back here to take care of some disaster or something." I asked, yanking my hand away from hers.

Molly tilted her head, perplexed by my question and replied,

"The Maou is not here, I was sent to awaken you in order to assist in an unfolding incident that is occurring."

Incidents, disasters, fuck ups... same thing in my book.

"Yeah I guess that's it." I mumbled, forcing myself back up and swinging my legs around to get out of bed. Throwing off the covers, I found I was naked save for that of one of those loose hospital gowns that never fit right. The maid continued to stare at me while blushing even more heavily.

Jesus.

"So how is this gonna happen?"I asked, pissed for a reason that I didn't even fully understand.

Her eyes refocused and from a bag besides her, she took out and presented some clothes to me along with... Oh god could it be?

"Winona?!" I cried, reaching for the holster. Grabbing hold, I took my other significant other out and held her up to my face. It really was her! She looked a little older, but I could tell it was her from the way the metal was forged, the blemishes, the style and shape of the barrel. I kissed her chamber lovingly, beyond happy that I had at least one familiar face here. Gently reholstering her, I set my lady besides me as I reached for the offered clothes.

The simple effort of all the movement took a lot more out me than I would have imagined. Looking at my arms I found they were much skinnier, less muscular than what I was used to. It then hit me, this body had been laying in a hospital bed for god knows how long. I didn't have the same strength as I had with my other body when I was running around shooting bad guys and playing Cowboys n' Monstergirls over in Never Never Land.

Seeming to sense my thoughts, Molly held out a cup of an unknown liquid to me.

"What is it?"

"A mixture of complex and simple amino acids, protein, glucose and other chemicals you will need for an expedited recovery."

I hesitated for a moment then took the drink from her. I guess she didn't have any reason to poison me and if I was going from a hospital straight to goddamn whatever, I'd need every advantage I could get. Eyeing the questionable liquid, I sighed and gulped it down. There were several times I almost vomited, as I fought to keep it in. I won't go to the trouble of describing the taste because I'm pretty sure I'll throw up even now. Let me just say it was nasty as shit and move on.

Handing the cup back to her, I tried to stand only to almost collapse on the floor if it wasn't for the lightning fast reaction of Molly catching me.

"This is no good," I said frustrated to her as she helped me sit back onto the bed, "What use am I if I can't even walk?"

The maid appeared to think for a moment then grabbed a hold of my calve saying, "I have a solution."

Before I could protest, she began to massage at my weakened legs, her movements quickly paced to a blur as I could feel energy returning to it .

"Holy shit!" I cursed, amazed by my bodies reaction to her ministrations, "How are you doing this?"

"I hold degrees in physical and massage therapy," The maid said simply as she continued her work, switching to my other leg.

"Massages can not only relax but invigorate muscles, this is only temporary however. You will still need to rehabilitate and perform exercises to fully recover your strength." She explained, professionally.

My eyebrows raised up in shock. Multiple degrees? I was starting to feel like a dumbass as I still had yet to finish my own. She certainly sounded like she knew what she was talking about and I did feel like I could actually stand on my own two feet now. I was about to remark on her expertise when her hands decided to travel up the hospital gown to my crouch.

Typical.

"I don't think you need to touch me there." I said dryly.

Molly's hands made a quick retreat as she pulled them into a clasp in front of her. She nodded and said,

"Try again, please."

I got up again, only this time I was actually able to stand on my own. Taking a few trial steps, my legs and feet were able to hold my weight well enough to at least walk some. Despite her going all molester on me, I couldn't argue with the results.

"Thanks," I grumbled, grabbing the clothes next to me. I turned to her and said, "I'm gonna get dressed now."

She stayed still, seemingly in a daze, just staring at me and blushing.

Did they change the definition of getting dressed while I was gone?

"Dressed."

Her antennae twitched slightly that time.

Seriously?

I sighed in frustration and said loudly, "Can I get some privacy, please?"

As if snapping to, the maid nodded shyly and reluctantly left the room.

Well I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. Manono might be college graduates but they're still pervy as fuck, I reflected while throwing on the clothes she gave me. The pants were a little tight, wasn't a fan of skinny jeans, but the button up shirt fit well. The underwear was complete bullshit- a man thong, really? I still put it on, not wanting to go commando my first day out on the town.

Bucking my lady around my waist, I felt as ready as I ever would be. Call it a hunch or an odd reflex but I took Winona out again and flipped opened her chamber. She was full up with bullets but they were ones I didn't recognize. Pulling one out I examined it, the slug tip was blood-red and the metal jacket had a small printed X on the side. Whatever these things were, they weren't made by Victoria...

A small pang of pain stabbed at my heart as I thought of her but I had to push it away. What was done was done. It had to have been done. The bullet was just another question added to the mix.

I put it back and flipped the barrel closed as I reholstered her, walking out the door. I was shocked find that I wasn't actually in a hospital but in some kind of private care facility owned by Druella. From what I later learned, I had been transferred here a year back with the absolute strictest orders to keep me safe, secured, cared for and unmolested. Passing through the halls and by the nurse stations, I found that the staff was almost exclusively Mamono. They all stared at me as I walked by. Some acted as if they wanted to say something to me but were all cowed by a glare from Molly.

As we exited out the sliding doors, a blast of hot air hit me hard. It was like strolling into an oven!

"Holy shit where are we, a desert?" I asked, looking around at the arid landscaping. I could feel my body beginning to perspire.

"We are in the San Joaquin Valley of California." The maid said as we walked to a waiting black limousine.

"It's gotta be like 100 degrees out." I mumbled, wiping the sweat from my brow as the sun beat down on me.

"106. Temperatures are regularly in the triple digits during the summer time."

Great, nothing like waking up from a multiple year nap and finding yourself in the middle of hell. I didn't do well in heat and that 100+ degree deal she just said was some serious bullshit.

Thankfully the limo was much cooler as we got inside. It was my first time in a limousine and I took a moment to look around. It had black Corinthian leather, glossy wood trim, a fully stocked glass door mini fridge and a tv.

Classy.

Once we were seated, the car pulled out of the parking lot and we were on our way. A burning question finally worked it's way out as I asked,

"How long have Mamono been on Earth?"

Molly thought for a moment then answered in a monotone voice, "The dimensional intercourse began approximately 90 years ago."

Dimensional intercourse... really? What jackass thought up that term? Wait! 90 years! When the Maou did her half ass explanation about the difference in time spans between there and Earth, she made it seem like it was just a few years difference, but 90!

Suddenly the TV came to life. A platinum haired Lilim appeared on-screen, holding a ruler and dressed in a conservative white blouse paired with a black knee-length skirt. Behind her was a classroom set up with a wooden desk and a chalk board.

The hell?

She smiled seductively into the lens and said, "Hello, my handsome Stranger. I am Druella, fourth princess of the Maou and if you are watching this, than it means you're conscious and have questions about the world you have awoken into. Well sit back and relax, because class is in session..."

As she talked, her hand snaked it's way up to the top of the blouse and began to slowly unbutton it. Jesus, I wake up and all of a sudden the Lilim's are making pornos disguised as educational videos.

Disgusted, I tuned her out as I stared out the tinted window next to me. Roads, sidewalks, other cars, buildings, people walking from shop to shop, all modern mundane things.

So here I am, back home. Home. Sweet. Home. Except this wasn't the home I left, was it?

At a stop light, I saw a couple of Neko women chatting as they pushed their baby strollers down the sidewalk. Each held a clear plastic cup of ice coffee as they stopped to show each other pictures on their smart phones.

Looking up, I saw a billboard advertising sexual stimulants for Humans to use with their Mamono partners.

I really changed things, changed reality, didn't I?

But there was something else lingering with me. I absently rubbed the back of my head trying to shake the feeling of it being... full? As if there were more memories in my head then accounted for. Forgive me, it's the only thing I could really describe it as, I felt there was almost something- a lot of somethings that I couldn't remember. Every time I tried, the memories would scoot further away, just out of my grasp. It was an annoying sensation.

I felt the limo slow and pull into another parking lot. Looking out the window, I saw we were in front of a large purple building. Pickup trucks with racking on them and burly construction workers - both Human and Mamono littered the place as they loaded their vehicles with lumber, drywall, bags of cement and other building supplies.

"Where are we?" I asked the Mantis

"This is a Home Improver Store. I must meet with one of its managers and deliver an item to her."

"Huh. Kinda reminds me of a Home D-"

"It once was. Her majesty bought several of those stores and modified them to her own taste. Please stay here, I won't be long." Molly explained as she exited. I felt/ heard the trunk being opened and closed as I looked back out the window.

Again, it all seemed so normal. Just people going about their lives. Working, shopping- didn't matter that there were Mamono of all different species around. I sighed, confused by the harmony and mundaneness of it all. Maybe I was wrong about everything. I envisioned nothing but a chaos of rape, war and death, yet it was the opposite. Maybe good old Maou Ma did know what the fuck she was doing.

Man, apologizing to her is going to be a bitch especially after all the shit I said to her. Gonna have to tighten the belt on my big boy pants extra hard for that one.

Not too long after, the limo door opened again as I felt a rush of heat enter along with Molly. An idea suddenly came to me. This wasn't a permanent stay, at least not right now and there was something I really wanted before I left...

"Hey," I said to the maid, "Do we have time for a detour real quick?"

••••••••••••••••••

"Welcome to Starfucks! May I take your order?" Said the cheerful Mousegirl behind the counter.

Starfucks... Starbucks... Whatever. It was close enough and the seductive aroma of ground coffee told me not to worry, it would all be ok.

"Venti Coffee. Black, no room." I ordered.

Minnie Mouse blanched at my order as she asked, "Are you sure you wouldn't like room for cream and sugar sir? Or perhaps an ice blended- "

I leaned in closer and cut her off while repeating, "Black. Coffee. Large."

The mouse paled even more but said no more as she left to quickly grab my drink.

Yeah dick move I know, but I just wanted what I ordered. Nothing more, nothing less.

"There are many varieties of frozen beverages here. Why that?" Molly asked behind me.

"Because I spent a good 3 plus years of my life running around the mother land of yours without it. I don't give a crap about the other stuff they have. I just want a simple cup of joe."

"Th-that'll be $4." Stuttered Minnie as she set the white paper cup on the counter. On its side was an image of a familiar green Mermaid except in this instance she raping a guy.

Different reality... right.

I realized that I didn't have my wallet, or any personal effects really besides Winona that was keeping my seat warm back in the limo. I looked back to Molly.

"Hey, spot me on this?"

Figured that was the least that could be done. If I was gonna do this shit for free...

From seemingly nowhere, a solid black metallic card appeared in the maids hand as she handed it over to the mouse barista.

"A-A Lilim Express card?!" She squeaked in shock and awe, holding the thing up in two paws as if it were a sacred object. Then as if remembering it was to be an actual form of payment, she quickly swiped it on her register.

Christ. They have their own brand of credit cards now too?

After she handed both the card and the receipt back to the Mantis, I grabbed the cup and made my way to the exit with Molly quickly following. As I walked, I looked around at the shop. Humans and Mamono enjoying their drinks, pastries, on their phones or chatting with each other. Just a normal peaceful day.

I was wrong. Ilias was wrong. I didn't have that much faith in humanity being able to share. I didn't believe that Humans, my Humans would be able to accept a different species as equal to their own. Yet here I saw living, breathing proof of how wrong I was. It gave me food for thought alongside my drink.

Once we were seated inside the limo and it was off, I inhaled the rich aroma from the cup. Molly watched with a mixture of confusion and interest as I slowly took a sip.

The black liquid hit my taste buds like a hammer, imbuing them with words of flavor such as bitter, smokey, rich and full bodied. God, it's been too long. I sighed softly and smiled at the almost forgotten taste that was slowly lifting my spirits. You may think it stupid, but for me it had been many years since I had a cup. Something so simple and mundane as coffee used to be an unthinkable pleasure for me. Next time you take a sip of your morning joe, good reader, think of those that go without that luxury.

"So what's going on?" I asked the maid after a few precious swallows

She seemed confused by my question and answered,

"We are on our way to the location of-"

"No I mean what's the incident or whatever."

She seemed even more confused as she said,

"Her highness explained in the video-"

"I wasn't paying attention. Look, I didn't let my happy ass get thrown across time and space just to end up watching amateur Lilim porn. You tell me what's happening and why am I here."

"Her highness paid a substantial sum of money for a professional production company to -"

"Molly," I interrupted for the third time and counting, "Can we please get on with it?"

Pausing for a moment, the flustered Mantis appeared to collect her thoughts before answering, "A situation has been slowly progressing over the course of a year with a Kejourou named June. She was once an employee of the Home Improver Store we just visited. She had been progressively misbehaving and acting extremely... inappropriate."

A Mamono acting inappropriate... there's a first...

"Because of this, she was terminated from her position some time ago but now it seems that she was also in possession of an extremely powerful artifact. She has used this artifact to give herself powers and abilities unrivaled by that of a normal individual. It has also most likely driven her mad as she has taken many of her former colleagues hostage and will certainly kill them."

Bonodono
Bonodono
163 Followers