The Journey Ch. 05

Story Info
Romance in the air.
2k words
4.74
5.8k
3
1

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 12/17/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*This part may sound a little corny but I thought that there needed to be some more background on the characters. There's no sex in this part. Enjoy.*

*

This time Brian woke first. He searched for the clock, only seven o'clock. He had a later morning at work today so he could afford to spend a little more time lounging. He looked down at the woman nestled against him. She looked even more beautiful in her sleep; all her cares were gone in the few hours of sleep. Brian stroked Katarina's hair gently and she slowly began to wake up. She murmured and stretched, then sleepily opened her eyes. A slight puzzled look passed over her face before she realized who the man beside her was and why he was there. She smiled at Brian and snuggled closer.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Brian whispered.

Katarina chuckled. "Good morning Prince Philip."

Brian laughed. "I'm glad you know your Disney movies."

"Are you kidding I love Disney movies." Katarina said with a roll of her eyes. "I have just about every single one of them on DVD now."

"Well then who's your favorite Disney princess?" Brian asked.

Katarina crinkled her nose. "Why are you asking about Disney princesses?"

"Because I want to know who your favorite princess is, if you tell me yours then I'll tell you mine." He said with a big silly grin.

Katarina laughed. "Well I'd have to say that my favorite Disney princess is...Bell."

"And why do you like Bell?"

Katarina sighed. "Well because she's like me. Always has her nose in a book and...waiting for the happy ending. Now who is your favorite?"

"Hmm, well that's easy, Sleeping Beauty."

"And why is that?"

"Well because she's blonde of course!"

Katarina playfully shoved him. "Hey! That's not fair!"

Brian laughed. "I know I was just teasing. My actual favorite is Jasmine, she can kick some butt and has a tiger, and how cool is a pet tiger?"

Katarina laughed. "Well that was an interesting morning conversation. Why on earth did you choose that subject?"

Brian shrugged. "I don't need a reason; I'm just odd like that." He winked and kissed her forehead. "I have to be at work in an hour and a half, I don't want to cut this short but I'll stay as long as I can."

Katarina smiled. "That's fine; don't be late on my account."

"Mind if I use your shower then?"

"Go ahead."

He rolled out of bed and Katarina realized that they were both still naked. She blushed and looked away, occupying herself with finding her own clothes. Brian chuckled and slipped into the bathroom. Katarina quickly got dressed and went into the kitchen to make some breakfast. Brian came out shortly after looking clean and refreshed, and dressed. He was wearing a black suit with a dark red tie and a white dress shirt.

"Well don't you look spiffy." Katarina said. "Where do you work?"

"An engineering company downtown, I'm one of the designers. We get projects like restoring old historical buildings and modernizing some areas of the city."

"An engineer huh? That sounds like an exciting job."

"Oh it is, all I do is draw. Well not all, there are certain mathematical calculations to make or the whole project goes to shit." He winked. "It's creative, I'm a creative guy. Where do you work?"

"A publishing company also downtown. I'm one of the main editors." She beamed with pride at that statement.

"One of the main editors huh? That's pretty impressive."

Katarina nodded. "I worked hard to get that position. I was...slipping these past few weeks after...that Dom. I was afraid I was going to lose it. But luckily my boss noticed that I wasn't slacking off, she knew it wasn't like me. She asked what was wrong but I couldn't tell her. She gave me a week off to get myself back together." She shook herself as if to shake away the bad memories and smiled at Brian. "But I'm much better now, I'm starting to feel...like me again."

Brian smiled back. "So you don't work tomorrow?"

"Nope, I have a few days off still."

"Do you have a pretty dress?"

The question baffled Katarina. "Uh...yeah...sure I do...why?"

Brian kissed her on the cheek and took the plate of bacon and eggs she was holding for him. "It's a surprise. That is if you're free tonight."

"Of course I am."

"Excellent! Then can I pick you up at five thirty?"

"Yeah...should I wear the dress?" She gave him a puzzled look.

Brian had an impish glint in his eyes. "Only if you want to, I think it would be more fun and since I'll be wearing a suit..." He shrugged. "Up to you."

Katarina put her hands on her hips and glared at him. "Brian!"

Brian arched an eyebrow. "Something the matter?"

"Oh you're insufferable." Katarina sat down with her own plate of bacon and eggs and started eating.

Brian chuckled. "Just so you know, I love surprises."

....

At five o'clock that afternoon Katarina was showered and putting the finishing touches on her makeup. Then she turned to the bed and looked down at the dress draped across it. The dress was a lovely shade of emerald and swept to the floor. It was in a mermaid style except she could walk without taking baby steps. She had matching emerald high heels and a delicate necklace with earrings. The dress was strapless but the zipper was on the side, or else she would never be able to get it on by herself. Katarina slid into the dress and carefully zipped up the side. She breathed a sigh of relief that it still fit and didn't cling anywhere it shouldn't. She looked in the mirror and did a little twirl. Then she put on her jewelry and heels and went back to the mirror. She had to admit that her five foot, eight inches frame and one hundred thirty pound figure looked very good in this dress. She hoped she wasn't overdoing it. She draped a black lace shawl over her shoulders and filled a black clutch purse with necessary items she would need. Then she went downstairs to the living room to wait for Brian.

At exactly five thirty Brian pulled into her driveway and rang the doorbell. Katarina paused with her hand on the doorknob, took a deep breath, and opened the door. Brian was smiling when she opened the door, and when he saw her, his face took on a shocked expression.

"My God, I thought you were absolutely beautiful before, but I couldn't imagine that you could get any more stunning." He pulled her into a hug and kissed her on the cheek. "You never cease to amaze me."

Katarina smiled. "I'm glad you like it. Now please tell me where we're going."

Brian laughed. "First things first, we need to eat."

He took her hand and slid it through the crook of his elbow and led her to his car. He opened the door for her and let her slip inside. Then he closed her door and slid into the driver's side. Katarina used the drive to admire him. He had changed from his work suit to a dressier type of suit. The material was silkier looking than before. The shirt was white satin and the tie was a black bowtie. The higher collar with the bowtie brought out the features of his face. The strong jaw and nicely rounded chin. His eyes were a dark blue and they were kind, if a bit mischievous looking at times. She thought he looked quite handsome tonight.

Brian glanced at her. "What are you thinking?"

Katarina quickly blinked and looked away. "Oh nothing, just wondering what you have planned."

Brian chuckled. "Well we're at the first destination."

He pulled into a crowded parking lot of a restaurant, there were people lined up at the front door.

Katarina's mouth dropped opened. "This is the Briar Rose?!"

Brian opened her door and helped her out. "You bet it is."

"But...but it's so expensive! And you can't get in without a reservation. And those are hard to come by!" She exclaimed.

"It just so happens that the owner and I are good friends. I called him today and got us a reservation." Brian said as he led her inside past the line of people waiting for a table.

"But it's the Briar Rose!" She said in a whispered exclamation.

"Only the best for you." He said and kissed the top of her head. He went to the front desk for reservations. "I have a table for two reserved under Brian Renaldi." He said to the waiter.

The man checked his records. "Ah yes, there it is. Right this way Mr. Renaldi, and madam."

The waiter led them to their table and pulled the chair out for Katarina. Brian ordered a bottle of wine then looked over the menu once the waiter had left.

"This is so exciting." Katarina whispered. "I've never been in this fancy a restaurant before"

Brian chuckled. "I knew you'd like it. Now I would recommend the sirloin, they have the best marinade ever, or the chicken and rice braised in wine. Those are my two favorites; I haven't been here enough times to try anything else."

"Ooh the chicken braised in wine sounds good." Katarina said.

The waiter came back with their wine and took their orders. Katarina took a small sip of her wine after he left.

"And the wine is excellent. I feel like I should start using long fancy words or something now." She said with a giggle.

Brian laughed. "This place does make you feel like that doesn't it? I can promise you that the food will be just as excellent."

Shortly after their food arrived and it was as good as Brian promised.

"I can't understand why you are treating me to this." Katarina said between bites. "I mean, goodness knows how expensive this place is."

Brian laced his fingers beneath her chin and looked at her. "This is only the first part of the night; the fun part is yet to come. And you're allowed to be treated well." He took her hand. "If a man doesn't treat you right then you shouldn't be with him. A man shouldn't be tight on his budget when he wants to be with a woman. Especially when that woman is...special to him." He let go of her hand and focused on his food.

Katarina was speechless. She went back to her food but went over the words he had said in her head. Her heart warmed at the words. She touched her foot to his ankle to get his attention. He looked up from his food to her face, looking a bit nervous.

"Thank you." She said with a smile and a blush.

Brian smiled back and squeezed her hand. He paid the waiter then they left.

"Now for the exciting part!" He said when they were back on the road. "Close your eyes."

Katarina did as he said and huffed.

"Ok...now open them."

Katarina opened her eyes and her mouth fell open for the second time that day.

"The Ballroom?!" She exclaimed.

Brian laughed. "Yes The Ballroom!" He helped her out of the car and into the building. "I thought you would like to go dancing with me tonight."

Katarina was almost bouncing with joy. "Oh I've never gone dancing! I mean outside of parties and clubs you know. I don't know how to do this kind of dancing."

Brian squeezed her hand. "I'll teach you, come on!"

Brian paid the entrance fee and led her into the ballroom of The Ballroom. He twirled her and took her right hand in his left, placed her left hand on his shoulder, and placed his right hand on her waist.

"Just follow me and it will be easy." He said.

The dance was slow and Katarina found it was easy to follow Brian's lead. He held her close and rested his cheek against her hair. She turned her head and kissed his cheek.

"What was that for?" He whispered in her ear.

"A thank you, for a perfect evening."