The Key to My Heart Ch. 05

Story Info
Countdown to the Full Moon Ceremony begins.
2.7k words
4.47
13.2k
6
3

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/10/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RobinWing
RobinWing
95 Followers

There was a stupid mix-up for chapter 3!!! Stupid Literotica. Accept the stories in ORDER!!! Sorry for all of you confused fans. I hope this wont happen in the future.

+++++++++++++++++++++

My body felt numb as gravity pulled me down at an alarming pace. The scream was surely breaking my vocal cords from the force I was pushing it to. I felt as if I was in one of those dreams where you fall to your death, but, when you reach the ground you wake up. I my case right now, falling 4-stories, I knew it would result in death.

I covered my face with my arms, and waited for the impact that was sure to come.

It did, but not from where I expected it. It crashed into me from the side. I peaked through my arms to see brown fur. Fur?

I realized I had just been saved.

I squirmed in its grip and it set me down gently.

Zach appeared suddenly behind me. He had me in a bear hug and I was struggling to breathe. "Uh—can't—breathe!" I notified him.

He lessened his hold a little, but still kept me there. "Matt, I can't thank you enough." He said to the brown wolf.

The wolf bowed its acceptance of praise.

"What happened? I didn't see." I questioned.

"Somebody bumped into you and you fell off the balcony."

"Who?" I demanded.

"Misty."

Zach's *P.O.V*

I was all but spitting with anger. Misty of all people chose to push Holly off a balcony! When I was through with her...

I shook my head. Now all I could see was Holly's fear as she was falling off a 4-story building. He had been racing down the stairs the second she was far enough down to not be able to stop her descent. Something told him he was going to be too late. Sure enough, when he burst out the doors, he was too far away to reach. Still, he had raced over. But in the second, she was supposed to touch the ground; Matt's wolf had lunged and caught her with his arms.

A relief unlike anything he had ever felt washed over him. He had hugged Holly so tightly, he was so sure he had lost her.

Now Misty stood in front of him on her knees. Her head bowed in submission. Holly was glaring at her by my side.

"Might I ask," My voice was cold and menacing, "Why you pushed my mate off a balcony?"

"I-I didn't see her." Misty pleaded, "I had been looking for her all day, and I just wanted to apologize Madam Alpha." She had turned to her and was now in tears, "I never meant to do it honest! I don't know why I acted like it that one time, but you must understand! I was in love with him! I couldn't let it go! Now I realize what a fool I was... Please," she begged, "I never meant to do it, please forgive me."

I could tell Holly was shocked. He had heard about the incident. He realized that Holly will be the one to decide her fate.

"Misty..." Holly started, "You are forgiven."

***

There was a look of utter shock on Misty's face. Some of the pack members that had come to watch gasped as well.

"Thank you." Misty breathed, still in shock.

"I hope we will be able to put this behind us, and actually become friends. Don't make me regret my decision though." Holly added with a dark look.

"Your decision will be well worth it! I promise." Misty smiled.

"It better be." I muttered.

Christina's *P.O.V*

I was having one of those moments again.

I had been having them frequently ever since Julie's death. I would be sitting alone in my room with nobody to talk to. I couldn't help thinking over and over again... It's all my fault... It's all my fault.

Julie's death was my fault, I never should have told Holly to call the police about her father.

Jennifer's death was my fault, I should never have convinced her to join us on the walk in the woods.

And now I had a feeling I would probably kill Rachel too.

***

I was having one of those moments, when I had heard the scream. "Holly!" I had gasped.

I had heard it outside, and I went to the window and poked my head out. The screaming was coming from my left, and I turned. She was falling of the balcony.

"Holly!" I cried, when she turned to meet my gaze during her descent I stumbled back, suddenly feeling nauseous.

Then I blacked out.

***

I had woken up with a feeling that I had just killed her. Zach had come to the room while I was having one of my moments. Holly was comforting me, and then he asked if Holly would come out to see the stars over at the balcony. She was a little reluctant but I pushed her to go.

Now I was thinking it is all my fault.

Now I was starting to sob.

***

Holly appeared in the doorway, and I almost crushed her in a hug. I was sobbing and shuttering uncontrollably. I thought I had lost my best friend forever.

"It was all my fault!" I repeated, over and over.

"Shhh. It was NOT your fault." Holly tried to convince me, "Misty pushed me, but she explained later it was an accident."

I sniffed. "I thought I just killed my best friend in the whole universe."

"I will never leave you Christina. I promised, remember? At the mall?"

"Yeah, you did." I sniffed again, feeling a little better.

"Come on lets go get you some breakfast." Holly suggested brightly.

"Oh God I'm STARVING!" I giggled when my stomach growled. "See? You heard the stomach! Let's go!"

We skipped downstairs with our arms linked happily, my guilt and sadness forgotten.

Unknown *P.O.V*

My lip curled in disgust as I watched the two girls skipping merrily like 6-year-old's. I shuffled quietly to the doorway to their room, once they were out of sight. I expertly opened the door without a sound.

Ahh. There.

The little girl was sleeping soundly in her bed, snoring slightly.

It took all my strength to not take advantage of this vulnerable moment. They would scent me if I killed her in this room. Best to wait until the Full Moon Ceremony. The pack will be too distracted with the newly mated alpha couple.

My lips parted into a wide evil smile as I slipped to the girl's bedside and leaned in.

"Your time is coming Rachel." I whispered in her ear, "Prepare to join your friends."

I slowly drew an "X" on her throat with the nail of my finger.

"Their waiting..." I whispered.

I slowly pulled back. Rachel whimpered in her sleep and tossed her head.

By the time she woke up I was long gone.

Rachel's *P.O.V*

I was in the middle of a dream.

I was with Drake; we were sitting in a meadow, picking flowers while the sun shone happily down.

But then dark clouds had covered the sky, and the meadow went dark. I looked around to notice Drake was gone. I started calling for him but he didn't show.

Then something must have come behind me, because I froze.

"Your time is coming Rachel." A voice said.

I jerked my head to the sky. "Prepare to join your friends." The voice said again.

As if on cue, they appeared in the clouds.

Julie... Jennifer...

Their faces were of horror and they seemed to try to be telling me to run. Too late though, because something had come up behind me and with a knife, drew an "X" on my throat. When the knife pulled back, it was coated and dripping with blood. I couldn't breathe.

"Their waiting..."

I was whimpering and struggling to get away. I was washed away in a sea of red, watching Jennifer and Julie almost possessively; their looks were one of despair...

Then I woke up.

***

I choked a sob.

They had looked so real... so alive...

***

I must have drifted off again because now, I was on top of a cloud. I didn't notice them until they came closer.

"Julie... Jennifer..." I cried, I was racing over, tears of joy surfacing; I had never thought I would see them again. I reached them in a matter of seconds, expecting to crash into solid forms, but instead I ran through them.

I looked back at them in anguish.

"We have to make this quick Rachel." Jennifer spoke. "It took a lot of energy to bring you here, and we don't have much time."

"Here." Julie said, raising her fingertips to her temples. A bolt of electricity surged through me and I saw a vision of the future.

I was looking at some sort of battlefield; it looked empty, except for two figures. Holly on one side and on the other, I saw him... Holly's father.

"This happens two months after the Full Moon Ceremony, when Holly was turned." Jennifer's voice sounded.

I could see Holly and her father across from each other, a safe distance away. Holly was speaking as lightning cracked in the sky.

"This is for all of them! For MOM, For JULIE, For JENNIFER and RACHEL!!!" she yelled over the thunder, growling menacingly and her body was twitching out of control as her anger spiked. "YOU WILL PAY!!!!!!" She screamed to the heavens. She raised her head to the sky for a few seconds and whispered angrily, "This is for all of you!" and then she shifted into a wolf, and lunged for her father.

I saw to my horror that Holly's father shifted too, but the vision then faded away.

"NO! What happened next?!?" I screamed, "No! Please don't leave..." I cried.

Then Julie's voice sounded, "Your death decides the outcome of this battle," she replied calmly, "We will always be with you Rachel, but don't fight death when it comes for you. Your death gives her enough need for revenge to kill him. We love you, but it has to be this way..."

***

Realization came to me when I woke up.

I am supposed to die.

I looked back at the vision, and remembered she had said my name along with the list of the dead.

If I die... she wins...

Holly's *P.O.V*

I came back to the room with Christina to see that Rachel had finally waked up.

"Hey lazy bones!" I greeted.

"Have you tried there cinnamon rolls yet?" Christina blurted "They are—Hey? Are you ok?" Christina asked in concern.

Rachel was looking at me with a look of uncertainty, but it then changed to determination. "Yes." She answered.

We looked at her quizzically.

Christina pulled me to the side, "Don't you think there is something DIFFERENT about her?" she whispered in my ear.

I just shrugged.

***

"Ooh, just another week to go!" I squealed.

Christina smiled widely at me; Rachel on the other hand, had a faraway look in her eyes as she smiled slightly.

"All right!" I raised my arms in frustration, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Rachel answered quickly, too quickly.

"Spill." I demanded.

"Avenge me!" she blurted.

"What?"

"Avenge me..." she said slowly.

"Why? You aren't going to die—I"

"Please!" she interrupted, "Something bad is going to happen! I can feel it..."

Unknown *P.O.V*

Hmmm. Rachel knows... I will have to work quickly, before it is too late...

Holly's *P.O.V*

I couldn't get enough of Zach since we mated, so we were practically having sex every night. Not that I'm complaining.

I was glad I didn't have good gagging reflexes'. Because the deeper I took his cock into my mouth, the louder he moaned. I lived to please.

I was slowly bobbing up and down his shaft, flicking my tongue teasingly to the side. I was kneading one of his balls with one hand and stroking part of his shaft with the other.

With a grunt, he exploded in my mouth. It was all I could do to swallow everything he gave me. I licked my lips when I finished cleaning him.

"Can't wait for the Ceremony..." I murmured, as I slowly crawled next to him.

"Me neither..." was my answer, and he kissed my forehead.

***

"Are you sure you don't want another cinnamon roll?"

I sighed. Ah, Lavender. She was one of the people I quickly made friends with. She was an Omega who served the dishes. I had been spending time with her more, mostly because it was awkward being around Rachel.

"No, thank you, Lavender." I replied, staring into her eyes.

"No? How about a glass of milk?"

I rolled my eyes. She didn't get the message. She was being pushy today.

"Orange juice? Bagel? Fruit?" Lavender persisted.

I refused again, and then she finally left me alone. I sighed and picked up my cup of coffee.

***

I was getting restless every day I was anticipating the ceremony. I was a total bundle of nerves. It bothered Christina and Rachel, because I would always wake them up when I started tossing and turning in the middle of the night. I sighed; life is so full of surprises.

I was supposed to be sleeping in the Alpha's room, but I was reluctant to leave my friends unprotected. So I made a deal. After the ceremony there will be guards guarding the room 24/7 forever afterwards until the threat was gone, only when that happens will I sleep with him.

We would definitely get lots of alone time...

Ugh! There I went again!

Please! I have been acting like a love-sick teenager the past month.

"The day after tomorrow won't come soon enough." I murmured.

Julie the Angel's *P.O.V*

I watched her from my place in the sky. Pride swelled in my heart as usual. I will be avenged.

Every day that passed the future leaned further towards the winning side. But there also was the chance of losing.

Everything was going according to plan.

"Poor Rachel, I wish there was another way."

"There might be." Jennifer said beside me, "Just because Holly thought Rachel was dead, doesn't mean that she was."

"Then..." I realized, "Rachel may not have to die!"

"But that may mean she has to fake her death," Jennifer warned, "That would not be easy."

"But it would be better than having her sacrifice herself, if there was another way."

"We cannot be sure though. If Rachel lives then that may change the way the final battle turns out."

"Oh... Right." I said, defeated.

We heard soft footsteps behind us. We turned to see a woman, with a big resemblance to Holly.

"Your wrong." She said.

***

"Hello Delilah." I spoke.

"You never looked hard enough in the future." Delilah spoke.

"What?" Jennifer said, "There was nothing else we saw besides Holly and your husband."

Delilah scowled, "Never. Call. Him. My. Husband." She glared at us, "He MURDERED me."

I nodded, "We are terribly sorry. What we saw was Rachel's name among the dead, and then Holly won. When Rachel's name wasn't there, she died."

Delilah visibly relaxed. "Touch my arm." She commanded, "I will show you what you missed."

Jennifer and I did as we were told. We both felt the familiar electric shock and we now stood on the battlefield.

"How did you do that?" Jennifer asked shocked. "We can only see pictures in our minds."

"Oh please." Delilah tossed her hair, "I have been here for ten years! I try to keep myself occupied."

I nodded. "What is the difference you were talking about?"

Delilah just gestured her to follow. She trudged confidently as she brought us to the forest behind Holly's maddened figure.

We quietly followed her to the edge. "This is what would happen if Holly was to win the battle." She raised her hand to point to a shadowy figure slinking through the forest with a blade in its hand.

I gasped.

The figure was quietly locking in on Holly as she was screaming at her father.

"I thought you said she would win!" Jennifer cried.

Delilah turned to her. "She does."

There was a rustling in the trees. Something glinted as a sharp object soared through the air. The figure fell to the ground. A kitchen knife sticking out of its back.

RobinWing
RobinWing
95 Followers