The Lady and the Cowboy Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MissKris14
MissKris14
582 Followers

We rode back to the corral. Tripp hopped down first. I had to admit that I had enjoyed feeling him so close, and after riding with him for an hour, the lack of his presence next to me was uncomforting. Instead of letting me get down off the horse myself, he effortlessly lifted me onto the ground after I swung my leg around.

"I'm sorry if you were looking forward to that hike everyone was going on today," he spoke to me as he led the horse into the stables.

"I think I had more fun with you," I said shyly. I was embarrassed after I said it, but Tripp turned to look at me with a big grin on his face.

"Is your family wondering where you are?"

"I told them that I didn't feel well. They think I'm at the cabin, sleeping."

I realized how much I was revealing – that I had lied to my family and ditched them in order to spend time with him. The way he was looking at me as we walked unnerved me, and I got the feeling that he was starting to understand how I felt about him. I was making myself vulnerable, and I didn't like it.

In the barn, Tripp calmly unhooked the saddle before grabbing a brush to run over the horse. I stood against the wall of an empty stall and watched his hands work. "Tell me about California, about where you live."

I smiled. "What's there to tell? It's sunny with lots of palm trees."

"Have you always lived there?" His voice was quiet and relaxed, as if he liked simply listening to me talk. Every now and then he glanced over at me.

"Yeah, born and raised there, although my family does like to travel a lot, so I've seen many different places. I considered going to school on the east coast like my brother did, but I didn't want to be so far away."

"You're close with your family." It wasn't a question, more of a knowing statement.

"Yes, they're wonderful, even if they drive me crazy sometimes," I chuckled as he gave me an understanding smile.

He paused before asking the next question. "Are you close with anyone else?" His smile faltered as he grew more serious. He led the horse into its stall, closed the door, and then turned to stare at me while leaning against the wooden gate.

Was he asking what I thought he was asking? He stood there dissecting me with his arms crossed. I decided to take the question on its face. "Well sure, I've got some good friends at school with me, and my best friend, Holly, has lived down the street from my house since we were six..."

"Is there someone special?" He was completely serious now, and he started slowly walking towards me, one step at a time. The same look he had in his eyes the first time we met was there now. I felt naked, and vulnerable, and...alive.

"Someone special?" the volume of my voice suddenly decreased to just above a whisper. I became alarmed as he walked toward me, and I tried stepping backwards even though the stall door was there. It was unlatched and swung open as my back pressed against it. He didn't stop, and slowly followed me into the empty stable, like a lion stalking its prey.

"You know...a guy?" His voice was even lower than mine. I swear, my heart had never beaten so fast in my entire life. My chest felt as if it would explode at any moment.

At that point, I doubted if I could speak. "No," I whispered as I shook my head while continuing to walk backwards. He didn't smile, but the fire in his eyes seemed to burn more intensely. Suddenly I hit the wall in the back of the stall. The gate had closed behind him while he continued towards me. I was trapped, and I knew that something, both terrifying and amazing, was about to happen. Should I try to stop it?

"What are you doing?" I tried to steady my whisper, but it was broken as he closed in on me.

A strong, masculine hand wove its way through a strand of hair that partially covered my face and tucked it behind my ear before he placed his hands against the wall on either side of my head. He leaned down and gazed directly into my eyes before whispering in my ear, his deep voice soft and seductive. "I'm gonna kiss you now...California..."

Before I could respond, his lips covered mine, softly at first, but then more harshly as he drew me to him, his hands cupping my face. He tasted me, no, devoured me with fervor, slipping his tongue between my parted lips and gently drawing the upper one into his mouth. He kissed me with an expertness that made his horsemanship seem amateur. My legs buckled and instead of catching me, he came down with me, and soon we were both on our knees and in each other's arms.

Without thinking, my hands guided themselves through his tousled, dark hair before making a descent down his neck, shoulders, and then finally resting upon his chest. My tongue met his with equal ardor and before long, you would never be able to guess who had initiated the passion. We consumed each other, and nothing in my life had ever felt so perfect.

Part of me though was terrified at what was happening, and that part of me is what took over for one moment and stopped him. I gripped his face and agonizingly tore my mouth from his. He opened his eyes, one hand firmly wrapped around my back while the other grasped my bare leg, just underneath the edge of my jean shorts. I had only this moment before I would be completely consumed with my need for him, and then there would be no going back.

How I had managed to pull away from him, I don't know, but I was glad that one part of my mind still realized the intense desire I felt for him would only bring me heartache in the end if I let it continue. If I was in this much agony after a day of riding and a passionate kiss, then it would be torture to be his completely for a short while, only to have to leave and return to my life a thousand miles away.

Quickly I scooted back a few feet, still on the ground, running my hands through my hair and already missing his mouth. Both of us were breathing hard, but he didn't move after I pulled away. He sat there frozen, with a look of pure wonder in his eyes, as if he was asking himself the same thing I was – what had just happened? That was no ordinary kiss.

We continued to stare at each other, breathing heavily and struggling not to continue what had just passed. I should never have come today. I should have known that it would be this wonderful with him. The man was dangerous in a way that threatened to destroy me. "Tripp..." my voice reflected the inner hell I was going through. "I...I can't!" With a billion screaming thoughts running through my mind, I quickly stood up and ran out of the stall, heading towards the door of the barn.

At that point, I had to distance myself from him, I had to escape. I was just about to get to the door when his voice called to me.

"Kira."

It was the first time I'd heard him say my name, and a wave of emotion rushed through me as I turned around. He stood about ten feet away with a look of desperate need, yet firm conviction in his eyes. That conviction pulsed through his voice, which then spoke the words that would haunt me for the next twenty-four hours.

"Before you leave this ranch, I'm going to make love to you. And not just because I want it, but because if I don't, neither of us will ever forgive ourselves."

Part of me rejoiced, and part of me died. And then I ran.

MissKris14
MissKris14
582 Followers
12