The Lady Captains Year Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fawguy88
fawguy88
540 Followers

Trevor listened closely to my sales pitch and said he would think it over and get back to me, which he duly did. He stated that he would accept the role, but only if he could bring in an operations manager to run the day today business. He wanted his father stay on as Chairman, with a new Board comprising himself as Sales Manager, Samantha, his sister as HR Manager. Also on this new Board would be the Operations Manager and to my complete astonishment, me as Product Development Manager. He had discussed this proposal with Samantha, but was nervous about approaching his father, given their past history on the subject and he wanted me to accompany him when he discussed it with his father. The meeting was quickly convened with all the principals in attendance except the Operations Manager as we had not yet had agreement to the proposed position.

The meeting was quite strained at first, but Gary was not totally against the proposed new structure, Samantha was keen to return to her hometown and settle down, life in London can be manic and no place to raise a family in her view. She was now married to a guy called Jerry Samuels and they had two pre school aged children. The position of the Operations Manager was discussed and Trevor proposed that Jerry be appointed, he had all the right credentials for the role, was a known entity and also a member of the family, so he was offered the position and accepted without hesitation. I did not know Jerry at all but accepted the decision without any reservation, I was later to regret this decision.

The changes to the company did bring the drive and expansion back in a big way, Trevor proved to be an excellent Sales Manager, bringing more than enough new business to keep us all very busy. Jerry proved to be good at his job bringing improved efficiencies to many aspects of the business that was long overdue, but when he started to interfere with my operation we came into direct conflict on an increasingly annoying basis.

I discussed the situation with Sally, even up to the point of talking about me resigning and finding new employment. She dissuaded me from any knee jerk reaction and suggested I try harder to get along with Jerry Samuels. That got us into discussing Jerry, Samantha et al.

I told her that I thought he was a manipulative, arrogant bastard and that he had a reputation for seducing anything in skirts, usually targeting married women as they had more to lose if any scandal arose. Sally agreed with me saying that "word had got around the golf club that he was responsible for one or two marriage breakdowns". She also said she was uncomfortable in his company, also feeling as though he was mentally undressing her every time they met.

Samantha is Gerry's daughter when I first met her she was still single She was now Jerry's wife. When I first knew her, she was a lovely outgoing girl with a bubbly personality, but since she married Jerry, she had changed into a rather sad withdrawn person. Whenever we met her socially at the golf club, she made an effort to be the person we once knew, but it was noticeable whenever Jerry appeared she became withdrawn and contributed little to the conversation without glancing at him for confirmation. It appeared she was subservient to him and was afraid to express her own opinions on any subject. At work she was more like her old self, confident and assured and the company HR record was superb.

So our life continued to prosper as the business grew and socially, I was very proud when Sally announced one day that she had been invited to be the Lady Vice Captain the following year. This she explained would involve her in a lot more work for the club over the next few years as in due course she would be Lady Captain the second year. I told her I fully supported her in her desire to make a success of the role even if it did mean the twins and I would see less of her during the period. Naively, I failed to ask who the Vice Captain was to be had I known it was to be Jerry Samuels, my support would have been withdrawn. I did not realise just how much this omission would bring conflict and pain to all our family.

To be continued in Chapter 2

fawguy88
fawguy88
540 Followers
12