The Lady in Blue Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She drank up and took them.

"Let's go get you into bed, Lisa." With my help, she was able to get to my sister's room and seated on the bed.

Lisa hesitantly patted the bed beside her. "Do you want to stay?"

I nodded but didn't sit down. "I want to stay, but I can't."

She looked nonplussed. "Why not?"

"Because it wouldn't be right," I said gently. "You're hurting and you've had too much to drink. I promised someone I wouldn't hurt you and as much as I want to stay, this would be wrong. We can talk about it tomorrow."

I did lean forward and kiss her on the forehead. Her hair smelled of apples and her breath of wine. She was intoxicating and I had to pull back right then or risk not leaving.

"I... Ted? Thank you."

I nodded and turned down her sheets. Then, I stepped to the door, putting out the light. "Goodnight, Lisa. I'll see you in the morning. If you need anything, my room is right across the hall." I closed the door with my last sight of her sitting there looking at me.

Walking slowly I stepped into my room. I leaned back against the door and held my shaking hands out in front of me. I wanted her. I wanted to stay but if I did, I wouldn't respect myself.

I stripped slowly, putting the clothes in the hamper, the belt and shoes in the closet. I set the cell phone on my nightstand and went into my bathroom, leaving the room dark behind me. The bright light of the bathroom stabbed at my eyes so I turned it off and let the nightlight do its job as my eyes adjusted.

Stepping into the shower, I soaked in the heat. Slowly, I washed the smell of fire and death away. I let my mind relax, breathing in and out slowly. By the time I was done, I felt tired and drained.

I shut off the water and dried myself, the rough towel feeling good against my skin. Brushing my hair and teeth took only a few minutes. I walked back into the dark bedroom and with practiced ease, I found the bed. Pulling back the covers, I slid between the crisp sheets. Laying back on my pillow, staring up at the unseen ceiling in the dark, I focused on my breathing and closed my eyes. Strange, I still smelled apples.

The movement in the bed startled me almost as much as the warm arm that glided across my stomach. The damp hair that pressed against my shoulder was the source of the scent of apples.

"Shhhhh," Lisa said sleepily. "I don't want to be alone tonight. Go to sleep."

I could feel the soft cotton of a nightgown against me and it only emphasized my nudity. Should I get up and dress or just let things ride? As I thought about it, her breathing slowed and became more regular. Soon, she was softly snoring. Well, that took the choice out of my hands.

The heat of her body aroused me. I lay there with her sleeping form spooned against me, her soft breasts pressing against my side, and tried to think of anything but her.

I failed.

When sleep finally claimed me, I was still thinking of Lisa.

12