The Lagoon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where's Dianthe?" asked Alice, confused.

Behind them, their clothes were neatly piled on some rocks but no one else was present on the beach of the lagoon. Samantha and Chloe began putting their previous day's clothes on, helping each other as they did. Alice stood still on the beach, earnestly looking for Dianthe, appearing more and more concerned.

"Alice, put your clothes on and we can go look for her".

"DIANTHE!!" called Alice.

There was no reply, just the wash of small waves crashing against the shore line. The other two girls attempted to console their friend who grew more concerned by the minute. She was desperate to find her mate. It was inconceivable to think of a life without her. Excruciating thoughts of abandonment ran through her young mind as she scurried up from the beach to the temple. As she rounded the corner she broke down in misery. The temple was broken and overgrown by forest once more. This equally confused Samantha and Chloe who hugged their friend. Alice was distraught and just collapsed there, paralysed.

The other two girls did their best to comfort their friend, but their bonds of friendship were not enough to lift Alice from her deep despair as it became clear, Dianthe was not coming back.

Suddenly the girls heard movement and footsteps coming down the old steps behind the crumbly temple. Alice shot up and sprinted to see her beloved. She sprinted around the corner hard and fast and collapsed into the arms of Lorena.

"Hey?" said Lorena.

Lorena held up her friend as she cried into her arms and saw Samantha and Chloe appearing from around the corner.

"Where have you guys been? I've been looking all over for you!" asked a confused Lorena.

"I think we should just get Alice back to the hotel, i don't really know how to explain it" said Samantha.

The three girls helped Alice back up the stairs to a waiting Adon in the jeep who drove them one final time back to the hotel. None of the girls would ever return to that place. However, they still had three days left of their holiday before they were due to return home. Alice didn't leave the hotel room for two days. When she finally did, she made her way down to the hotel bar and sat by herself watching the sunset on the terrace.

Later that night, the young desk clerk who recommended the tour came and sat down beside her. She was friendly and her bright smile made Alice feel a little better.

"Hello, why so sad?" She said in a thick European accent, Ophelia was written on her nametag.

"Oh...i don't know, it's just..." The words were hard to speak.

"You're young and beautiful, so you should be happy, but I can see you're in pain, can i help?" Said the girl.

"Not unless you know how to fix a broken heart!" replied Alice.

"Actually, i know what it's like" Ophelia admitted.

"Who broke your heart?" queried Alice.

"Her name was Dianthe".