The Lakehouse

Story Info
Shy girl with haunted past meets distant boy.
1.4k words
4.43
21.7k
5

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/04/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a good year at college, Ashleigh had invited Zara to spend the summer with her and her family...they had a gorgeous house on a lake where the two could wile away the summer in luxury. Zara, being an orphan and having no real home to go back to, accepted the invitation and moved in with her best friend for the summer.

They had been roommates at college and had hit it off immediately, becoming fast friends within days. Ashleigh was a bubbly and adventurous brunette with devilish green eyes, a great sense of humor and an easygoing attitude. Zara was more shy, but occasionally she came out of her shell...although rarely around people other than her close friends. She had wild black hair that she supressed in a bun, and grey eyes in an expressive face. Her nose was severe in such a soft and expressive face, but she never bothered with appearances so it didn't matter to her.

*~*

"Oh Ash, it's beautiful" Zara gasped as the beach house came in view. They'd loaded all their luggage in a U-Haul and Ash's convertible and driven the five hours to Ash's mansion at the beach.

"Babe wait till you get inside..."

They parked in front of the house and Zara followed Ash into the house who was saying "I'll just show you around, show you your room and all that stuff and then you can get settled." Ash was staring around, struck silent in awe: the house was simple but gorgeous...not ostentatious at all.

"Sorry but the spare's just next to my brother's room" and with that Ash opened a door only to stop short, giving Zara no choice but to bump into her. Zara craned her head around Ash to see what the problem was and saw an at-home-gym in her supposed bedroom with two boys using the machines.

The first boy looked to be Ash's twin, Jake, but the other was a surprise. Tall with dark brown hair cut short and expressive chestnut eyes, he took Zara's breath away. Both were sweating but stood up when they saw the girls.

"Jake, what's all this?" Ash asked her twin who replied

"mom and dad decided they needed to work out more".

Ash turned to Zara "Sorry, I guess you get the pool house, but really it's..."

She was interupted by Jake who extended his hand "Hi I'm Jake, Ash's twin, and this is my buddy Alex" introducing the tall guy next to him. To Ash he said "your manners suck, and I guess she's gonna be sharing the house with Alex since he's also staying the summer".

"Ok bro, whatever you say...let's get your stuff Zara" Ash replied and they walked back out to the car.

"This is the poolhouse...seeing as Alex has already moved in here, your room will be across the hall. The bathroom's over there, there's a kitchen and a family room and a porch. Looks like the boys have already stocked up the kitchen, so I guess you're all good to go." Ash kept up a steady stream of chatter while Zara unpacked her stuff. The poolhouse was luxurious especially compared with the mouse infested rat-hole she rented as a home.

"Sorry there's only one bathroom, but I mean, you dealt with that at school..."

"Ash, it's perfect, honestly. Thank you so much"

"really, it's no problem...hey want something to eat? I'm starved, let's see what's for dinner"

As they walked into the house Zara asked about Ash's parents "oh we probably won't see them much...they're in and out" Ash replied.

They found the boys eating pizza in the kitchen and joined them. Everyone seemed to get on all right--the twins' lighthearted bickering entertained everyone and they all talked, laughing together. Zara couldn't stop herself from glancing at Alex every now and then. He caught her a few times, but she didn't realize that he was doing the same, stealing glances whenever her attention was occupied elsewhere.

*********

"Well someone's in a good mood tonight...I told you this place is good to get your mind off things...it couldn't possibly be the girls could it?"

Alex abruptly left off whistling to glare at his best friend.

"Don't give me that...I saw how you were staring" Jake yelped as a pillow caught him on the head and tackled Alex. They wrestled on the floor until Alex gave up and slowly stood, smothering a huge yawn.

"I'm dead...I'm gonna go get some sleep. See ya in the morning."

"Yeah, sounds like a good plan to me. Night"

I hope he didn't notice anything, Alex thought, I mean, I can't explain this to myself...how do I explain it to Jake without coming across as totally shallow? I only met this girl today, and already I want...what do I want? Argh. Last time I felt like this everything fell apart. I don't want to do that again. Alex shook his head and resolved not to think about it.

*********

Zara hadn't been able to sleep at all--she'd been too happy, not to mention the fact that there was a distractingly cute guy sleeping in the room opposite hers. It was already seven and she knew she wouldn't be going to sleep anytime soon, so she changed into running clothes, put on her shoes and went out for a jog to explore the place.

It was breathtaking. There was a path that went around the whole lake revealing untouched meadowland. It was 8 30 when she got back but the day was already too hot for comfort. The lake looked temptingly cool and Zara was hot. Although naturally shy, she decided no one would be up this early and decided to indulge. She took off her tshirt, shorts, shoes, and socks and ran down the private dock to dive gracefully into the refreshing water.

She resurfaced gasping with the shock of the cold "next time, I test the water before jumping in like that" she grumbled. She climbed out, put on her shorts and shoes and walked up to the poolhouse to shower. First for some OJ she thought--the run had made her thirstier than she realized, so she headed to the kitchen. Alex was already there, chomping on a bagel.

He glanced up, startled, as she entered

"Oh, I didn't think you were up yet...want a bagel...why are you all wet?"

"I went for a jog and then made the mistake of going for a swim...the water's freezing."

Alex blinked. She'd gone for a jog? And then a swim? but it was only 8 45!

"Ummmm want a bagel?"

"Yeah sure" Zara nodded as she grabbed some juice from the fridge and finished it off. She grabbed the plate Alex handed to her and moved toward the window

...at least she had intended to, but instead her foot hooked the rug and she went flying "oof" Alex couldn't control himself, he snorted and started laughing hysterically.

"Hey it's not that funny!" Zara said indignantly

"Sorry" Alex apologized and stopped laughing although he couldn't suppress the grin. She looked so cute sitting on the floor acting annoyed that he reached out a hand to help her up.

Zara could not be mad for long, and especially when he gave her that cute grin...her stomach did flip flops. What's going on with me? I only just met the guy she thought.

She took Alex's hand and was hoisted up but with too much momentum and all of a sudden she was flying out of control again. She bumped into Alex and they fell to the floor in a tangled heap with Alex somehow landing on top of Zara.

He was confronted with wide, grey eyes, and before he knew what he was doing, he had lowered his head and touched his lips to hers. Zara put her hands on his shoulders and he thought she was going to push him away, but instead, she responded to the kiss, awkwardly kissing him back as if she didn't know how. Taking that as a signal, Alex coaxed her mouth open with his tongue and delved in eager for a taste. It was a warm and hesistant kiss, and Zara lost herself in it with a sigh.

The sigh brought Alex to his senses, causing to him to pull back. When he heard someone tramping down the stairs he scrambled off Zara, allowing her to get up but avoiding her eyes.

A minute later, the twins sleepily walked into the kitchen to a slightly flushed Zara and Alex quietly eating bagels and reading the paper.