The Last of the White Tigers Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Your kind is getting closer to the truth of the matter.'

"Luna, why now have you returned to us?"

'The time is right.'

*************************

Donavon shoots up in bed. Grabbing his head and looking around. "Did I speak to Luna? I must have."

Getting out of bed he quickly gets ready for the day. Heads down to his office and picks up the phone. Punching in the number to Hunter's cell then waits for him to pick up.

"Hunter speaking."

"Good, Hunter I have more information on her. Her name is Kayleagha."

"Thank you Sir that will make this a lot easier, there can't be many women out there with that name."

Donavon hangs up the phone and picks it back up dialing the number to the tech guys from his own office.

"Yes Sir Richard speaking."

"Richard I want a nation wide search done on the name Kayleagha, her date of birth was twenty one years ago three days past."

"Yes Sir."

"It is the highest priority; I want the results as soon as you have them."

"I will put my whole department on it Sir we should have something before the end of the day."

Hanging up the phone again Donavon gets up from his chair and starts to pace the room.

There is a soft knock on the door.

"What?"

"Is there anything you need today Sir?"

"No Monica, cancel everything. I just want to be left alone."

Donavon moves back to his chair, sits down and leans back, closing his eyes. Replays the kiss that he shared with Kayleagha in the dream. He groans and gets back up from his chair, starting to pace again.

He picks up the soft sound of Monica talking to someone on the other side of the door.

"No, there is something wrong with him. He snapped at me just moments ago."

Donavon decides that he can't stay here, he needs to get out. Leaving his office, passing a shocked Monica as he heads to the elevator to take him down stairs. Screaming over his shoulder "Get my car brought around I want to go out to the pack lands. NOW."

Scrambling to pick up the phone Monica drops it a few times before she gets it set against her ear. Hitting speed dial and almost cries into the phone to have his car readied.

Donavon gets into the elevator and pushes the ground floor button, then leans back against the wall and waits.

Stepping out of the elevator when it reaches its destination he quickly heads out the front of the building to where his car is waiting, his Beta's standing outside of it.

Without even speaking he heads to the back door and before anyone can open it he does it himself. Climbing into the back seat and waits for them to leave.

His Beta's seeing how his mood is get into the car seconds after him and they start on there way out to the compound. Christo watches Donavon in the mirror, seeing him shift around in his seat. There is a scowl on his face and he seems very distant, staring out the window.

The trip does not take that long, before they are passing out of the city and just minutes later they turn off the highway. Driving for several more minutes before passing through the massive gates that mark the entrance into the packs compound.

Seeing the massive trees pass into his view Donavon's eyes shift to amber and he growls out "Stop."

Albert slams on the brakes, before either of the Beta's can react Donavon is out the back door and running as he starts tearing his clothing from his body.

They look at each other.

"By Luna Don has never acted like this before, I wonder what has gotten into him?"

"I think it must have something to do with those dreams he has been having."

"Let's go the rest of the way in, and get something to eat. I am sure that once he has run some of that aggression out of his system he will be better."

***********************

His claws shift with his need to be free of the restriction that his business cloths put on him. Ripping his shirt and pants to shreds in his need to be free to fully shift.

Once he is naked he kicks off his shoes and jumps shifting in mid air before landing on his paws, taking off into the woods of his youth. The sights and smells of this forest calms him enough to think.

'Why did Luna come to me?'

Running at his top speed, dodging trees and jumping the fallen ones. His body starts to relax even more, he only wishes that he could claim her now. Breaking through the tree line and whipping around to head back in, he almost slams into one of the younger wolves of his pack. This smaller brown wolf instantly drops, whimpering softly.

Donavon growls at the youngling who has disturbed his peace. Arching his back slightly and taking an aggressive stance. Scenting the air he learns that the wolf is female and must be very young from her reaction.

Staying close to the ground Shelby whimpers out in fear. 'Master Alpha, Sir. I meant no disrespect coming here I was just running. I am sorry that I disturbed you.'

'Go, I want to be left in peace.'

Getting up quickly Shelby turns and takes off at full speed back to the compound. Shaking in fear when she reaches her home.

Donavon growls at the retreating wolf one more time before taking off back into the forest. He runs till he is exhausted then lays down beside a small creek in a clearing. Laying his head on his paws he pants. His spine shivers when he gets a slight push on his mind.

'Don, I just got a call from Richard in the tech department. Monica directed him to call me when he could not reach you at the office.'

'I will be right there Christo.'

Getting back up Donavon takes the most direct route back to the compound.

Breaking through the trees and into a cluster of homes he slows, padding his way over to the big house and shifts back into his human self just outside the door.

The door opens directly in front of him and his father stands there holding out a pair of sweat pants.

"Donavon Arthur Fenris Montgray I taught you to have better manners than you have shown today."

"Oh Dad don't start with me, I am on edge. Where are my Beta's?"

"They are with your mother in the kitchen."

Donavon slips on the sweats and heads into the kitchen. Don almost smiles when he sees Christo and Albert trying to sneak cookies from the jar on the counter only to get there hands smacked just like they used to when they all were much younger.

"Hi Mom."

"Oh there is my Donny, so what is this I heard from the boys. Is it true you may have found your mate?"

"Yes Mom, I was graced by Luna with the mating dream."

"Oh my. I never thought that I would live to see the day that Luna gave us any hope again. So tell me all about her Donny?"

"I will later Mom, Christo what did Richard tell you?"

"It did not make much sense really. I will get him back on the line so he can tell you directly."

Christo dials Richard back and hands his phone over to Donavon.

"Hello tech department Richard speaking."

"Richard this is Donavon."

"Good that you got back to me promptly Sir. That name you set me to research I have only had one hit. Kayleagha Amunette Howard, born in LA on September 14, 1990. Her Race is listed as human Sir, so I don't think that is the right one. There is not much other than that on her but it states that she went to a public based school till an incident happened in 2005. This incident was at the school and concerned another student a young male were by the name of Dante Richards, I believe he is in Derek's pride. It does not go into much detail but the result was her being pulled from the public school and placed in a human only school."

"Thank you Richard I will explore this further on my own." Donavon hangs up and dials Derek's direct line.

"Derek speaking what do you want?"

"Derek this is Donavon."

"Sorry Master Alpha Sir. What can I do for you?"

"You have a young man in your pride by the name of Dante Richards?"

"Yes Donavon, he is the son of one of my Beta's."

"I want to speak with him in two hours."

"Where would you want this meeting to take place?"

"Somewhere quiet, there is something important I want to discuss with him."

"I will have him ready and waiting at the warehouse off of 39th street."

"Good see you in two hours."

Hanging up and handing the phone back to Christo, he says,

"Time to get ready, we are leaving. Love you Mom."

Donavon turns and walks out the front door to his car, climbing in the back seat and waits for his Beta's.

"I hope she gets here soon; I don't think I can handle his attitude much longer."

Christo and Albert climb in the front seat and they start back to the city.

"Don do you want to go back to the complex so you can get dressed?"

"No I will go the way I am, that way if things get out of hand I won't be in an expensive suit."

"As you wish Don."

Leaning his head back Donavon thinks about what Richard told him on the phone just minutes before. How can his mate be listed as human on her birth certificate? There had not been a Rogue listed in the past few years anywhere in the world that was not dealt with quickly. If she was born human who turned her?

Lost in his own thought Donavon does not notice the time pass until Christo interrupts his train of thought.

"Don we are here. From the look of things we are a little early."

"That is fine let's get in there and wait for them."

Everyone gets out of the car and heads into the open warehouse. There are chairs set up in the middle which they take to wait for them.

Minutes later Derek walks in with a tall blond beside him.

"So this is Dante I take it?"

"Yes Master Alpha Sir. You wished to speak to me?"

"How much do you remember about your school days Dante?"

"I remember some, why are you asking Sir?"

"There is one incident I hope that you remember. Back in 2005 you had an altercation with a young woman?"

"You must be talking about that human girl Kayleagha."

"Yes, that would be the person I am referring too. What can you tell me about her and the incident?"

"Kayleagha was a strange young woman; she never really mixed well with the others in school. From grade school we, I mean me and the other Were boys like to pick on her to get a reaction. We would pull her braid all the time."

"Can you describe her to me?"

"Sure she was a little on the pretty side, if you consider weak humans pretty. She had really long red hair, but it was her eyes that got everyone's attention. One of our teachers called them dragon green. For a human she was built, always deep into sports, but she never competed against us Were's they did not think that was fair."

Donavon nods. "Now the incident in question?"

"Well it started out like any other day; I was passing her in the hall when I caught a scent from her that excited my tiger. I could smell that she was heading into her period, but that is not what caught my attention. There was a faint scent of honey around her that day. My Tiger stood at attention at that and wanted a closer scent. He took control and I had her pinned to the lockers my nose buried against her neck in minutes. It was not just the scent of honey I got, I also smelt vanilla."

Donavon growls softly.

"It was not from anything she was wearing, that scent came directly from her. She freaked out, and pushed me sending me flying. I don't know what happened but for a second I caught the scent of Were on her then it was gone."

Donavon jumps up from his chair and dives at Dante. Donavon's hand goes around his neck and slams him down on the ground. His claws lengthen and dig into the skin on Dante's neck growling in his face "MINE."

Derek's jaw drops and with Christo and Albert's help they pull Donavon off of Dante, just as Dante slips into unconsciousness.

12