The Last Princess of Lorrea Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A misunderstanding?" Henry repeated, anger clearly audible in his voice. "I saw the scratches on her back Caspian- how dare you raise a hand against MY Princess?!" he hissed, leaning forward menacingly.

"At the time I didn't know you considered her to be more than a whor- er, plaything, my Lord. I apologize," he said slowly, his face impassive.

"If you were any other general Caspian, you'd be swinging from the gallows this evening!" Henry growled, fully aware that Caspian had almost uttered that his future wife was a whore. "However, out of respect for my father, who loved you as if you were his own son, I shall not touch a hair on your head," he said, rising slowly from his chair.

"My lord is merciful," Caspian mumbled flatly, his voice almost devoid of any emotion.

Henry watched Caspian closely, the air was thick with tension and the only sound in the room came from the crackling fire.

"Now, as you know I'm leaving soon to reestablish our northern alliances," he said, as he rounded the large desk. "In the meantime Princess Elena is staying here, under guard, until I return. You, my dear cousin, have worn out your welcome here. You will leave here immediately and make haste to your castle, returning here only by royal summons," Henry stated, watching the colour rise slowly in Caspian's face.

"Yes, my Lord," hissed Caspian in response.

Henry stood over Caspian, surveying the proud posture of his cousin. "Lord Caspian, you seem to have forgotten your royal etiquette- one does not sit if the king is standing."

Caspian flushed crimson and got to his feet. He bowed his head slightly, avoiding Henry's eye.

"That will not do," Henry said, pointing to the ground.

Caspian's jaw tightened as he sunk to one knee before Henry, his ears bright red.

"You will do well to remember your new place in this kingdom, Lord Caspian," Henry said harshly, folding his arms across his muscular chest. "If I hear anything regarding you that displeases me, or if you even look at your future queen in the wrong way - I will personally fit the noose around your neck. Understand?" he asked menacingly.

"Yes, King Henry," he replied, his facial expression hidden as he remained kneeling at Henry's feet. It was apparent to Henry that it came at a great personal price to Caspian's pride that he called him by his title. Satisfied by his submission, Henry motioned for Caspian to rise, which he did quickly, avoiding Henry's eye.

"You may leave now," Henry said as he rounded his desk again, dismissing Caspian with a wave of his hand. Caspian bowed once more before striding quickly away from Henry and out of the room, his footsteps echoing loudly in the hallway.

"Boy!" Henry called, a few minutes later.

"Yes King Henry?" Ethan stammered, as he walked timidly towards the desk.

"Send word to the stables to prepare my horses for the journey north. I wish to leave as soon as possible. Also, deliver this letter to Princess Elena" he said, handing over a roll of parchment sealed with red wax.

"Yes my lord, anything else?" Ethan inquired.

"No," Henry answered. Ethan scurried quickly out of sight, leaving Henry alone to his thoughts.

Elena was right all along about Caspian, his cousin couldn't be trusted within the walls of his castle. It took all the self control Henry possessed not to run him through with his sword as Caspian knelt submissively in front of him. At least now Elena could relax- Henry knew that Caspian wouldn't dare step foot in his castle again without an invitation.

Apropo invitations, Henry wondered if he should invite Caspian to the wedding. He would love to see the look on his cousin's face- it would be a delicious revenge for the way he treated Elena. However, Henry realised that it was something that he needed to discuss with Elena first, to see what she felt about the notion of Caspian attending their wedding.

Henry chuckled aloud, his hand on the doorknob of his study. He never before thought about sparing someone else's feelings, especially if they clashed with his own on the subject. Being engaged, he mused, was changing him.

"Boy!" Henry roared. "What the devil is taking so long?! Tell the guards we are to leave this instant," he ordered, slamming the door shut behind him.

On the other hand, maybe there is a limit as to how much a person can really change...