The Legacy of Eros Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That works out well for you, but not so much for myself, or Skye here," I reasoned. "They hate her and think I'm worthless."

I could also tell my reasoned defense was keeping an otherwise panicky Skye calm and thus away from the cusp of violence.

"Then let me take her in alone and ... and ... and I'll owe you big time," Terry was grasping at straws. She knew I was basically a very loyal dude.

"Just like I wouldn't abandon you to fight three members of Freedom Force, I'm not going to abandon Skye to fight the Nine Nobles Nefarious. You know me better than that."

"I can't stand being in the same room as her," Terry grew cross with me once more.

"Then we will have to work out some alternate arrangements," I suggested.

"No! I can't stand the thought of her being here - with you," she clarified.

"Just like I wouldn't abandon you in Sudan, I won't abandon Skye here."

"I'll ... I might be back. I've got a lot to think about," she turned away, walked into the dimly lit shower and then sunk into the shadows before disappearing entirely.

"That could have gone better," Skye commented.

"That could have gone worse too," I shrugged. "Bed?"

"Won't she be back?"

"Not for a few hours," I grinned down at my 'pet'.

"If you say so," she rubbed her cheek along my thigh, happy once more.

[~]

A short one hour sex session later and I decided it was time to skedaddle before the neighborhood outside my not-so-palatial bachelor pad became a warzone for eighteen super-powered folk with a grudge toward one another and who would be more than happy to square off and settle accounts. Not only would such a scuffle be hard on the property values, it would be difficult for Angelheart to sit on the sidelines. I really didn't want my 'pet' and prospective girlfriend going at it during this throw-down.

Having no available parents to bail me out of such a predicament didn't leave me powerless, though I had the feeling such an intervention would be difficult to explain. See, while I had no parents sitting in the wings, I did have two Godparents living here in Megalopolis.

Yeah, as I as the scion of two of the World's most notorious (as well as one of the Earth's brightest) supervillains, I knew a ton of super-powered people. While the Nine Nobles Nefarious weren't exactly friends, they had historically frowned on anyone picking on me because my father had been a founding member of their organization. He had been the founding member of another organization as well ... and it was upon one of those folks I was calling upon this night.

Technically, they were heroes, but more in line with what I considered heroic as opposed to the 'crime-fighting' types like Freedom Force. They fought intergalactic invasions and rogue meta-humans who had gone insane - doing things like destroying towns, cities, or even trying to 'terraform' Planet Earth, and the like. They didn't soil themselves in politics, the War on Drugs, or global terrorism.

These people ... well, they were the Sensational Six and Mentat and Storm Siren (aka Dr. Richard Reeds and Sarah Rains Reeds {divorced} aka my Godparents) in particular. After my Father, Baron Bedlam, had been put away for the last time, they had taken me in and raised me as well as seeing that my entire estate was NOT confiscated by the world's governments for his crimes.

Currently they were both a bit disappointed in my desire to pursue villainy, but they weren't going to liberate my Dad from the confines of his Antarctic prison and I felt someone had to ... so that someone had to be me. They had tried to talk me out of auditioning for the Nine Nobles Nefarious, but not stopped me. After all, they understood my loyalty to my Dad better than anyone.

He, as the Silver Sovereign back in those days, had been Richard's Best Man when he married Sarah Rains. Dr. Reeds and he had been college roommates and co-sponsored numerous inventions back in the day, before my Father had become an irrevocable supervillain. Even then, they had retained cordial, if strained, relations. When they did battled, it had been to subdue, not to kill, or maim.

I had been really close with their gifted son, Benjamin Reeds aka Godspark, until he left the planet to pursue his universal wanderlust. He was WAY smarter than me, but never seemed all that snobbish about it. If anything, he helped me get into Megalopolis Crown International University. He was the only friend I had growing up and I missed him ... but he was gone and I had remained.

Anyway, I had called my Godmother because I didn't want a meta-human brawl outside my abode to ruin the surroundings. I asked her to meet my new girlfriend ... who was someone they might even approve of, seeing as she was one of the 'good guys', like her. I was also pretty sure she wouldn't simply gang up on any of the 9N's who might show up because that wasn't her style.

Besides, I knew she privately disapproved of groups such as Freedom Force who played fast and loose with the moral code like so many other Superhero groups. If any member of Freedom Force stepped out of line first, I was sure Storm Siren would let them know her displeasure. The same went for the members of the 9N's. Best of all, I believed both groups knew this and would behave accordingly.

[~]

"Who are we meeting here again?" Skye inquired. We were in a cab traveling downtown.

"There is someone one I want you to meet," I repeated my answer to her numerous earlier requests. "All you have to do is be yourself."

"Are they going to ask me to do ... anything?"

"I seriously doubt it. Sexing up nubile young heroines isn't their thing," I shot her a sly look.

"You aren't doing much to deal with my frazzled nerves," she pouted.

"I like you a bit on edge," I grinned.

"Here," the cabbie said as he pulled in front of the huge glass & steel tower. "That will be $19."

I paid him and got out, holding the door for Skye.

"Who do you know who lives in the Kirby Tower?" she muttered. She was somewhat in awe. Apartments here went for the high six figures up to $4 million, or so I'd read. The penthouse cost much, much more. Mrs. Reeds had moved here after her divorce and I'd helped her move some furniture around a time, or two, since.

"My Godmother."

"OH DAMN IT!" Angelheart turned on me. "Here you are introducing me to your family and I'm dressed like ... wait, you are introducing me to your family ... I ... didn't know," she went from pissed to conciliatory.

"Something like that," I winked.

"Mr. Bedlam," the doorman greeted me. He must have had a good memory because I never used 'Bedlam' outside of talking to my Godparents.

"Is my Godmother in?" I inquired. Mind you, it was midnight on a weekday, so odds were good.

"Yes, Sir," he nodded. "I'm sure the desk will call up for you." He meant the 'front desk', but since there was only one desk ... and sure enough the woman at the front desk was already on the phone.

"You can go up, Sir," she smiled. We deviated from our approach to the closest of three elevators. It opened and up we went ... to the penthouse. Let's just say the divorce was amicable and Dr. Reeds was generous with what Sarah got in the settlement.

"We are going to ... THE penthouse?" Skye squeaked.

"It would seem that way," I sighed in exasperation. Why state the obvious?

"Who is this again?"

"My Godmother."

"Does your godmother have a name?" Skye pressed.

"Yes." And yes, I was being a bit of an ass.

The door opened to a small atrium with one set of double doors in front of us. I went forward, Skye's left hand squeezing my right, and rang the doorbell. It opened and there stood my majestic, blonde-haired MILF Godmother.

"YOUR GODMOTHER IS STORM SIREN!" Skye screamed at me in a rather panicked tone.

"Hello," Sarah chuckled. "Good to meet you," she addressed Skye. "Reynard," she pulled me forward and kissed me on the cheek. "What has brought about this late night visit? Oh, and come in."

"Hey there, Sarah," I kissed her back - on the cheek. "This is my friend and mutual sex fiend, Skye Steiner, though you may know her as Angelheart."

"Bad!" Sarah shook a finger in my face. "You are clearly mortifying the girl. Skye is it?"

"Yes, Ma'am," Skye gulped.

"Don't put up with any of Reynard's bad behavior. He can be a decent sort if you apply a little discipline," Sarah lectured.

"Hardy-har-har, Mom," I joked with Sarah. "She's always busting my chops."

"I'm only reminding you to be a gentleman," she lured us into the living room. Skye was taking in the view from the top of the world. Normally only something she got when she was flying.

"Why are we here ... as you might guess, Freedom Force isn't happy with a former probationary member of the Nine Nobles Nefarious being with one of theirs ... and the Nine Nobles want me to hand over Skye, even though I was busted out of their organization ... so there might be a problem with people strong-arming us."

"And you want to tell Quantum Queen and King Kaos to back off," she studied me.

"Yeah - pretty much," I shrugged helplessly. "If I could have taken care of this on my own, I would have."

"How did the Nine Nobles figure out the two of you were together? You gave me the impression they were done with you ... which I was grateful for," Sarah kept up her interrogation. While nowhere near as smart as Dr. Reeds, she was a keen intellect in her own right.

"See ... I've also been spending time with their daughter who goes by the handle Princess Penumbra now," I confessed.

"Reynard ... I'm disappointed in you," Sarah slowly and repeatedly shook her head.

"Hey, they are both good looking and ... I need to talk to you about something else," I admitted somewhat to my new power.

"Oh ... this had better be good if you want me to accept there is ANY reason for you to be stringing this nice girl along just so you can also spend time with Theresa Markov (aka Princess Penumbra). Skye, you wait right here and make yourself comfortable. My Godson and I are going to have a private chat."

"Okay ... ah, yes ma'am," Skye repeated, still stunned by the pedigree of her company.

Sarah led me to another part of the house then activated several anti-surveillance devices.

"Now, what is it?" she glared. She had raised me to treat women better than this.

So I told her everything about my new power to gain access to people's deep-seated desires, fears and memories. While there seemed to be some exchange, it wasn't something other people had appeared to be able to use against me with any effect ... so far.

"So, you are telling me Skye wants to be treated this way?" Sarah rubbed her chin between her thumb and forefinger.

"Yes. And I seem to make her happy forcing her to be submissive."

"And you are sure this isn't some kind of telepathic wish fulfillment fantasy?" she questioned.

"I don't think it is. I've exchanged memories with Weapon Y as well and I didn't gain any power of him," I offered up as theoretical proof.

"Good point. You should still see Richard in the morning after classes," she strongly suggested.

"I want this to be my own thing," I persisted. "I am only seeking out help because I misread Terry (Princess P) and now I'm afraid she would show up with all the 9N's to kidnap Skye plus I'm sure Freedom Force is monitoring me so ..."

"Don't you want to know if you are telepathically manipulating people?" she inquired.

"Very well ... good point," I groused. "I'll stop by tomorrow. If it isn't telepathic in nature though, I want to pursue this on my own. Do you think Richard will accept that?"

"Of course," Sarah nodded. "As long as you aren't a threat to yourself, or others - directly - he will let you follow your own course of research concerning what you do. I can't say if I'm happy, or not, you not accepting our help though. I'm both proud of you for standing on your own as well as upset you might be risking your life recklessly."

"You wouldn't be you if you didn't worry about me," I grinned sheepishly. "Any word ... (from Godspark, her son)?"

"None," she turned away. "There has been no contact since he teleported us those gifts for Christmas."

"I would have gone with him except I knew all I would be was another burden for him to worry about," I put a hand on her shoulder. She covered my hand with her own.

"I know. Sometimes it is tough to be a Mother of someone with that much power," she murmured. "I have to accept - as hard as it is - he has the power to walk the stars now and the hunger to learn more than the Earth has to offer."

"I worry about him too," I said. "He was my only real friend for the longest time."

"I know, Reynard. I ... back to your problem," she faced me. "Let me talk to this nice young lady you've dragged to my home."

She cut off the devices then waltzed back to the living room to meet a skittish Skye. No sooner had we returned than the intercom chimed. Someone on the penthouse's helipad wanted to talk with Sarah.

"Hello?"

"This is King Kaos, Storm Siren. Give us the ... hero in residence with you and we will depart peacefully," the voice responded over the box.

"Noooo," she grinned at the two youngsters in the room. "I don't think so. How about you depart peaceably before the rest of the Sensational Six get here?"

"They aren't here yet. Give us Angelheart now!"

Thunder boomed and lighting struck the adjacent building as elemental forces coursed through Sara Reeds aka Storm Siren.

"If you want to come at me, so be it," she sneered.

"Do you really want to pick a feud with us?" King Kaos countered.

"Listen up, Kaos," Sara simmered. "I am entertaining my Godson and his girlfriend ... on a purely social visit. You want to turn this into something more, it is on your head. We have stayed out of each other's way until now, but Reynard is family and he is going to fight to protect this girl. If there is a feud to be created, you are going to be the one picking a feud with the entire Sensational Six."

"We aren't afraid of you," Kaos ground out.

"Oh look ... is that Solar Flare I see coming our way?" Sarah looked out the west side of the penthouse. Sure enough, a brightly burning individual was rapidly approaching. If she was close by, Gold Boy and Ebon Star had to be around too. The rest of Freedom Force (except Angelheart) was earthbound ... so could be anywhere.

Storm Siren crackled with electrical energy and was swept by closely circulating winds. In a flash of luminescence, Skye transformed into Angelheart with a corona of light surrounding her. Her angelic wings of light sprung forth from her back, adding to her majestic presence.

"Alright, let's go up to the roof," Sarah commanded.

"We are going to fight the Nine Nobles Nefarious?" Angelheart questioned.

"No. We are going to establish some ground rules for you two seeing each other without outside interference," she explained. A gust of wind swept through the room and opened two of the glass panels which were easy to confuse with floor-to-wall windows.

I felt the same winds buffet me then drag me toward the precipice. Skye followed along under her own power. The three of us went beyond the safety of the building and rose up to the roof ... where the Nine Nobles had gathered. Solar Flare, Golden Boy and Ebon Star were all close by, circling the gathering.

"Do you think you can dictate to the Nine Nobles?" King Kaos rumbled.

"No, but I think I can stand up for my Godson, Reynard here," Sarah answered. Six to nine weren't the long odds they might appear to be because of the power level of the meta-humans on our side. "He is my family."

"He is also the son of a former noble," Quantum Queen warbled. She was in her energy form - a being of pure electro-magnetic energy.

"You kicked him out," she reminded them.

"He has made untoward moves on my daughter," she added.

"She pursued him," Sarah kept at it. "After all, he isn't capable of finding her (so quickly) while she knew precisely where to find him."

"He toyed with her affections," Quantum Queen hissed.

"No. He told her he had something going on and wouldn't be able to make a commitment until the end of the semester at the earliest. Other events transpired ... but this is a matter between the three of them - not the rest of us," Storm Siren stood her ground and made her case.

"Princess Penumbra, is this so?" Quantum Queen glanced at her daughter.

"I ... umm ... yes, but he wasn't truthful about his relationship with Angelheart when I asked him," Terry mumbled through the first part.

"Princess, I couldn't be completely truthful because of things going on I can't go into now and I couldn't go into then," I stated with some exasperation. "I never betrayed you to Freedom Force, yet you betrayed me to the Nine Nobles Nefarious."

"I opened my heart to you!" she screamed at me.

Silence.

"You should be made to pay," the Marquis of Mayhem insinuated it wouldn't be him.

"King and Queen - let me put this cur in his place," the Viscount of Villainy belatedly jumped at the prospect of putting me 'in my place'.

"You and I have unfinished business," I growled at him. "You insinuated I was a coward ... as well as being DEAD."

"If you weren't hiding behind Storm Siren ...," he postured.

"Reynard, if you aren't opposed to facing down this man ... and it doesn't have anything to do with the status of Angelheart, I am not opposed to young men acting in the manner of young men," Storm Siren stated.

"King and Queen, how do you feel about the manner?" she added.

"This is not the outcome we would have preferred, but it is most likely the most positive outcome we can hope for now," King Kaos allowed.

"I'll crush this fool," the Viscount boasted.

"Here and now - let's do this," I stepped forward.

"With Freedom force all around?" the Marquis intervened.

"The same rules apply," Storm Siren pledged. "If they interfere with any of you, then they will earn the wrath of the Sensational Six."

The King looked to his Queen who reluctantly nodded.

"Viscount - do NOT let us down," the King commanded.

"You don't have your bag of tricks to help you this time," the Viscount came at me. As he did so, I could hear the supports beneath the helipad groan from his increased mass. From the reported weight capacity, I was figuring the Viscount was upping his density to the max to finish this fight rapidly. I went right at him, dodged under his round-house then punched him in his uncovered chin.

The sparks flew and the memories flowed. I really didn't need those at the moment. What I needed was the other effect of my power - the ability to understand and adapt to the meta-human manifestations of my target. My move left me momentarily open to a 'weak' body blow from the Viscount. He was still staggered by the memory exchange while I was sent end over end toward the edge of the helipad.

I didn't go over the edge though. I righted myself while the alterations necessary to become his nemesis took effect.

"What ... was that?" he shook his head to clear the cobwebs.

"Let's find out," I grinned. As I stood, I could feel several of my ribs grinding together - painfully ... from a mere glancing blow from him.

This time when we collided I had his number. I took his punch into an arm bar and rode that round until I had it pressed against the ferro-crete.

"Asshole," he sneered ... then phased - reducing his density until he could pass through my arms.

SURPRISE BUTT-MONKEY!!

The moment his density decreased so he could move through my arms, I activated the nemesis portion of my power. It was familiar to me because it was something Angelheart could do - bio-manipulation.

"Seizure," I whispered ... and the Viscount began to spasm and re-solidified. While he was surviving his near death experience, I gave him another. I took him by the chin and the back of the skull.