The Legend Of Dracule

Story Info
Macayla has a secret past.
5.4k words
3
9k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The night was warm and unusually quiet, as she laid in her bed. She had her pink silk covers pulled up around her as she listened to the noises coming from her parents room. Her father sounded so mad, this frightened her. She slipped out of her bed and walked over to another bed and peeked at the slumbering child that laid within its soft sheets. Seeing the other child was still asleep, she silently crept out of the room.

She was about six years old, her dark olive hands moved to her eyes to rub the sleep from them. Her shoulder length ebony curls in disarray as she stretched her small onyx wings. "What's going on? Why are you yelling? You're going to wake Livia." She stated. She matched her father in looks, from her dark hair, to her eyes the color of the purest gold. "Go back to bed Macayla." Her father growled. She jumped. She'd never seen her father so angry before. Her gaze moved to the baby in her mother's arms. "Is that the new baby?" She asked trying to get a look at her new sister. "Yes. you will see her in the morning Ayla, now please go back to bed." Her mother pleaded not wanting the child's father to lose his temper on his oldest child. "Yes mother..." Macayla said as she turned to quietly walk out of the room. She knew that baby had something to do with her parents fighting and she didn't like it.

Macayla quietly closed her parents door behind her, but she did not return to her bed. Instead she stood there, pressing her small ear against the door to listen. What she heard her father say, made her blood run cold. "When our people find out, they will kill her. They will kill you Isis. It's treason. Betrayal! You are the Queen of this land. But that child holds none of your King's blood. The blood in that child belongs to our enemy. They will not be pleased!" Her father stated agitated. "They will never know Xander. It will be between us. I promise you..." She heard her mother say.. "You promises mean nothing to me! You once promised to forever be mine and that was a lie." Her father stated as he stormed out of the room, pushing past Macayla as though she weren't even there.

Two weeks past, Macayla had just about forgotten the argument. She went bout the pal ace doing her chores and going to school.

One day as she sat in her room, she heard a loud bang sound from the main room o f the palace. She looked over to a little blonde haired, blue eyed girl of about three, before she crept out of the room to listen. The other girl followed close behind. She heard her mother yelling at a man, who she guessed was named "Chos" since it 's what her mother had addressed him by.

She saw her father come out of his study and ducked back into her room peering out as he started to walk down the red carpeted staircase. He must have seen the other man and not been to thrilled as she heard him yell, "How DARE you enter my home like this!" She heard the familiar sound of her father's sword being pulled from its sheath as she heard him speak to the stranger again, "Leave my home or I will kill you myself Chos!" She listened as she heard the man, known Chos laugh and say, "Do you think I come alone Kingy? You are a fool to think as such. If you k ill me my army will take down this entire kingdom!" "Xander don't kill him!" Her mother shrieked. Macayla ran to her window and looked out in utter shock. From her vantage point, she saw what seemed to be millions of blue dots surrounding the entire kingdom.

As Macayla continued to look out her window she heard a low guttural sound come fro m downstairs. Then the saw the blue dots begin to move in on the palace. Flames erupted from the villages that were loyal to her family, she whimpered softly before turning away.

She nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard her mother scream, "MACAYLA!" The six year old ran down the stairs in tears, one of her olive hands holding onto a pale hand belonging the other child. "Yes mother?" Macayla asked her small body shaking. "Take your sister's and go." Her mother ordered. Macayla looked to her mother as she felt something being put in her dress pocket. "Go where?" Macayla asked confused. "Hide. Outside the kingdom. If your father and me do not show up by morning, take your sisters and put them in places far from the palace and then go hide yourself." Her mother said as she placed the infant in her daughter's arms. "What's going on Mother?" Macayla said , yet again getting the feeling that this baby had something to do with it. "Bad things. You need to go, and you need to go now. Take the servants entrance and go Macayla Anne I will not tell you again!" Her mother said as she gave all three children hugs and kisses before ushering them to the secret wall passage in the kitchen. Macayla looked at her mother, tears streaming from her golden eyes as the wall almost silently, slid back into place.

"Where We's goin?" The little blonde girl asked as Macayla led her along the passage, the infant still her arms. "Hush Olivia! Mother said we have to hide so we are." She snapped. "K's..." Olivia said shutting up her pudgy hands holding the back to Macayla's dress.

The passage ended in a cave in the outskirts of the kingdom. Macayla knew they would be safe there for the night. She set up beds for all three out of leaves and twigs. She placed the infant in one of the make shift beds and sat down beside her. The necklaces tumbled out of her pocket. Macayla recognized them to be the family crest . Her parents both wore them around their necks. She picked one up and looked it over. The crest was simple, a silver dragon holding a pure onyx rose in its mouth. She slipped one chain over Olivia's neck, one over the infant's and one over her own.

As night fell, the sounds of someone traveling along the passage could be heard. A dark skinned servant appeared bearing a long sword. "Princess, your mother requested this be given to your sister when she is old enough to brandish it. Please see that she gets it." The sword was placed beside Macayla. The servant then pulled a dagger out of her pocket and handed it to Macayla. "This is for you Princess." The servant said as she fled out of the cave not daring to return the way she had come.

The dagger was her father's. His name was etched along the blade. Macayla lifted the sword and pulled it from it's sheath. She had never seen it before. The blade was a bright silver color with a long stemmed pink rose trailing down the left side of the blade. The hilt was silver as well, the very top looked like a dragon's head with it's mouth open. Whether or not she liked the infant, she would abide her mother's request . The sword would go to Wynter when she was old enough. She sighed softly and laid down pulling Olivia with her. "It's bed time Livia." They slowly drifted off to sleep.

Macayla awoke to the sounds of birds chirping. She opened her eyes and looked around biting her lip as she did not see her parents anywhere near. She lowered her head and closed her eyes. She knew she would have to lead her sisters away from their home. She gently woke Livia. "We have to go now Livia." She said as she sheathed the sword and placed it on her back. She nearly toppled over from the weight as she bent down to pick Wynter up. "Where we's goin? Where momma and dadda?" Olivia asked canting her head of golden curls to the side, her cerulean blue eyes looking up to her big sister. "They aren't coming. Now shut up. The bad people will find us if you keep talking..." Macayla said as she walked out of the cave.

They walked for days, stopping at night to sleep. Olivia and Wynter cried endlessly for food and their mother. Macayla was near tears herself. She was torn inside, unsure of what had happened. She missed her parents terribly, but she kept her feelings to herself and did her best to cheer Olivia up. But she knew she would have to drop Olivia off first. Her chance came as they neared the Kingdom of Everlorum. The hyndes lived there. They were peaceful beings and would take in an orphan with no problem. Macayla walked up to the Castle and laid Wynter down to give Olivia a hug. "You be good for your new mother and father okay? Don't give them any problems. I promise you Olivia, some day we will meet again. We will be a family again I give you my word as a Rose okay?" Macayla said as she fought back her tears. Olivia nodded as Macayla picked up Wynter. She gave a sharp knock on the door before running down the castle steps. As she faded from view she heard the door open. A servant spoke "Oh my! Where are you parents little one?" then she heard Olivia cry. "I's a orpen. I's no has a momma and dadda." Macayla turned back as the servant ushered Olivia inside and shut the door.

Macayla spent the next four days singing to Wynter as she walked down the roads and out of the hynde home land. The next kingdom was Dragon Valley. The place where all the dragon's in the realm lived. As she walked through the valley she saw signs that almost all the caves had signs of hatchlings . All but one. This one was where she laid Wynter down. "You be a good girl Wynter. You grow up big and strong. Come find me when you are bigger." She kissed Wynter's pale head before pinching her to make her cry. She laid the sword beside the screaming infant and ran into the woods. She stayed until the dragon that owned the cave stepped out and carried Wynter in before she started off on her own journey.

After she had dropped her sisters off, she walked back to her Kingdom. As she entered her home land, she blinked, her eyes looking around in disbelief. There was nothing left of her home, everything had been destroyed. She walked up to where the palace had once stood, now nothing more than a pile of rubble. She cried out as she saw her mother and father laying motionless amidst the rubble hand in hand. She walked over and knelt down by her father and cried, staying by their sides for the rest of the night before moving on.

Macayla traveled the roads for three years, finally ending up in the city of "Ryeden". This was a vast city, often thought to be it's own realm. Many different species of beings dwelled within this city. Macayla was sure she would be safe here.

She kept to herself until she turned twenty two years of age. At this time she figured she would need further guidance. She came to a tavern, popular by the creatures of the city. As she walked inside a man caught her eye. He had to be at least part demon from the look of him. She took a seat at the bar and ordered a "Blood Wyne".

As she sat at the bar, sipping her drink, she felt a hand on her shoulder. she turned casting her golden eyes on the male. "Dark Eve, I am Damien. Would you mind if I joined you for a drink?" The man asked as he gestured to the empty seat beside Macayla. Macayla shrugged, "It's a free realm." The man sat beside her and looked her over. "Tell me what Empire do you hail from?" He asked. "My home is gone now. It has been for many years." She answered the man, Damien. "Do you need a place to lay your head?" Damien asked, his onyx eyes glancing into Macayla's golden ones. "It would be nice." She answered taking another sip of her wyne. "I know of a place. They can use a good warrior. What is your name?" Damien asked. "Macayla Anne Rose... Princess of the Blood Rose Empire." She replied. Damien nodded. "Nice name... Well I have to return to the Empire, you are free to join me should you wish." Damien stated as he stood up. Macayla went along with him, just to see what this man had to offer her.

The Empire was quite large from the look of the strong, black , iron gates, as they neared. An armored female greeted then at the gates. "Halt! Who goes there?" She inquired, a sword pointed toward them. "Damien Necrose and a prospect for the Emperor." Damien stated as he showed the guard a crest of a setting sun. "I know it's you Damien, I was just playing around... Who's the girl?" The guard asked as she took off her helmet releasing a splash of golden blonde hair. "This is Macayla Rose.. She's a princess of a fallen Kingdom... Macayla this is my good friend Alexia Bushon." Damien introduced. "Charmed.. I'm sure." Macayla stated flatly. "ooOOoo! Feisty! I like her already Damien." Alexia chuckled as she opened the gates. "My shift is over, mind if I tag along?" Alexia asked stepping in with them. "Of course not Lex." Damien smiled. Macayla couldn't care less one way of the other.

The Empire was as big as Macayla had imagined. All around the large road were stores, arenas, dojos, houses. The road led to a large castle illuminated in the distance. "Welcome to the Empire of the Setting Sun Macayla" Damien said as he noted the look of awe in her face.

They entered the castle side by side. A short squire ran out ahead of them to announce them to the king. As they stepped into the throne room the squire cleared his throat and said. "Announcing Lord Damien Necrose, Lady Alexia Bushon, and Guest." The Emperor looked down from his throne with a nod as the three came to stand before him. "Greetings Damien.. Alexia.. Who is your guest?" The Emperor asked as he once again leaned back in his red velvet throne. "This is Princess Macayla Anne Rose..." Damien stated as he bowed to his Emperor. In a smaller throne to the left of the Emperor sat a fiery red haired, green eyed woman who it seemed liked to voice her opnion in everything, "Princess of what? Whores?" "Justice hush." The Emperor said to the woman. He looked down to Macayla and asked, "I am Emperor Damon. What brings you to this Empire?" "I seek a home, and a King to give my loyalty." Macayla answered. Justice laughed from her throne, "We don't need the likes of you here. We have enough bed wenches." Damon ignored Justice this time as he replied to Macayla. "Very well, welcome to the Empire." He said with a smile. "Damon! You can't be serious!" Justice protested. "I will deal with you later Lady Maxwell." Damon said, his patience being worn thin.

Macayla stayed within the Empire for three years. She trained solely with Damon and Alexia and had become quite strong in her field, as a mage. But all this was not to last. Alexia's mate had accused Macayla of trying to seduce him and Macayla was n early thrown out of the Empire. It took a lot of hard work for her to prove the incident had never happened. But she was removed from his division and placed under Alexia's to be watched.

Macayla soon met a man named Frost Dracule. The two fell in love and married shortly after. Then the two bonded and Macayla became a Brujha Vampire and Queen of a clan. Soon after Macayla birthed a beautiful set of twins, a boy named Gabriel and a girl named Raehven. She spent less and less time in the Empire as she had a responsibility to be the Queen of the clan her husband ran.

Shortly after the twins were born, a war broke out within the ranks of the clan. Frost came to Macayla and told her to take Raehven and go. She asked about Gabriel, but Frost insisted his son remain at his side. Macayla nodded and took her infant daughter and fled the city. She had given no word to the Empire that she was leaving, she hadn't been given that time to do so.

Macayla fled to the outskirts of Ryeden, a place called the "Out Lands". She used her mage gifts to construct a small cottage for her and her daughter to live in. Her peace and tranquility did not last long as Justice's husband, a man named Kehl arrived. He stood before Macayla and took her into his arms. "Macayla I am leaving Justice. It is you I want to be with." He announced. Macayla struggled to pull away from him. "I am married. I do not wish to be with you Kehl now let me go."

Kehl smirked as he pulled a sword and held it over Macayla's head, "Macayla Anne Rose, You are accused of treason to you Emperor. Punishment for this crime is death by execution." Macayla blinked, "What?! How could I have done anything when I have been here all this time?" Kehl shrugged and tried to cut her head off. He did not succeed in his attempt. Blood seeping from her wound, she fell to the floor. Kehl taking that he had succeeded in killing her, fled the Out Lands. She lay there motionless on the floor, her life slowly slipping away. She heard Raehven's small cries as her eyes closed.

When she opened her eyes again, she found herself lying in a bed in a place she did not know. Her daughter, healthy and well, lay beside her sound asleep. She groaned softly as she sat up a hand moving to her head. "Where I am?" She asked to no one in particular. A man answered form a chair close to hers. "You are in my home recuperating. I am Telan." The man said. "How did I get here? Where is here?" Macayla asked looking to Telan. "I was traveling back home and came across you... You had a nasty wound I figured I should heal it. And you are in Ryeden." Telan explained. Macayla groaned. Surely Kehl would know she was alive and try to kill her again. "Who did this to you young one?" Telan asked. "Kehl Sylverstryke." Macayla answered. "Ahh, so this was the work of those dogs in that Setting Sun Empire." Telan observed. Macayla nodded. "Fear not, they have been dealt with. That Empire will not be rebuilt for quite some time." Telan smiled. "My husband... My son..." Macayla whispered to herself. "Who are they?" Telan asked he knew just about everything there was to know about the people in the city. "Frost Dracule... Is my husband." Macayla said. "I am sorry to say dear lady, that war did not turn out as one would have hoped. Though Frost succeeded in helping me destroy the Empire that attacked you, he was slain soon after. The boy has not been seen for quite some time." Macayla's heart broke as she heard those words. When Macayla was fully healed, she left Telan's home. Raehven was now a year old.

The Gods seemed angry the night she stumbled upon a small cabin set in the woods. The rain was pouring down in gallons. She knocked at the door as her body shivered, a shivering Raehven laying in her arms. A tall yellow tiger-man pulled the door open. "Hello.... Can I help you?" He asked. "I-I'm sorry to be a bother.. But would you happen to have a room I can stay in for a few days?" Macayla asked. "Of course. Come in. I am Coal." The anthro said as he led Macayla into his home. "I am Macayla." She said as she shivered. Coal led Macayla to a rocking chair seated by a large place. Macayla arched a brow as she noticed the flames of the fire were a bright blue instead of the normal color of fire. "It's special. It can heal anything put into it, so long as they are not already dead." Coal explained as he noticed the look on her face.

The days turned into weeks as Coal and Macayla grew to know each other. The two shared a special bond of friendship that soon turned into much more. Macayla gave Coal a last name the night the two bonded, making him a Dracule. Shortly after Macayla birthed a baby boy. Anthro like his father, his fur the color of Macayla's hair. He was name Fujjin Coal Dracule.

On the day of Raehven's second birthday, a sharp rap at the door sounded. Macayla had just put Raehven down to sleep and walked out of her daughter's bedroom. She glanced to Coal, and seeing he was holding Fujjin, she walked to the door and pulled it open.

What stood on the other side of the door shocked Macayla. The woman had pure white hair that fell to her ankles and silver eyes. Macayla's mind flashed back to her childhood, the baby. This woman looked like her baby sister. To be sure, Macayla pulled to the woman's neck and followed the chain until it came to stop at a crest of a silver dragon holding a black rose in it's mouth. "Wynter?" She asked almost in disbelief. The woman arched a brow. "Yes...That's my name... Do I know you?" The woman asked furrowing her brow. "By the Gods! I thought I would never see you again!" Macayla exclaimed as she pulled Wynter into a hug, which she cautiously gave back. "Who are you?" Wynter asked as she pulled out of Macayla's embrace. "I am Macayla Anne Rose Dracule... Your sister" Macayla replied. "My..Sister?" Wynter asked not sure about all this. "Come inside I will explain it all to you... Coal! put some water on, we have a guest." Macayla shouted into the house as she ushered Wynter inside.

12