The Life of Michael Preston Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ChaseQ
ChaseQ
90 Followers

I called and left a message on my boss's phone and told him that I had an emergency and would need to be out the rest of the week. I knew he would be okay with that. I had never used any of the time that was available to me from day one except for the day I met Christine. With the news, Victoria began crying again and held herself against my chest. "I am so sorry Mike. I can't believe he would do this. I hope your wife is innocent Mike, I really do."

Harold said to sit tight until morning when he would know more. If Victoria was comfortable she could stay at the apartment too. She did. I turned down the lights and undressed her in silence. I pulled back the sheets and laid her down.

The next morning I awoke early and made breakfast for Victoria and myself. I served her breakfast in bed. We ate and talked. She told me about her childhood and I told her about mine. She grew up on a ranch that bred show horses. That was part of her family's wealth. I told her about the cattle my family raised and the horses I used to ride. Two different kinds of horses but each was some of our fondest memories. She said that she would probably take her kids back to the ranch when she had her things settled here.

"What about Vic and the kids?" I wondered aloud.

"Their not Vic's kids." She explained. "Their dad was killed right after the youngest was born. He was killed in a plane crash. As far as I'm concerned, Vic can rot in hell."

"You need some sunshine in your life Victoria."

"What are you going to do?" She asked.

"I'm really curious to hear what Harold tells me. I'll probably get a legal separation at least and put my life back into some kind of order before I do anything else. If I find out that she supported him in his scheme I'll divorce her as quickly as possible and move on without her. As much as she liked the money, the bonus checks I really don't know what I'll hear from Harold. Maybe she wanted me dead so she could collect one final fat check."

Victoria stood and put her arms around me. "It will work out for both of us."

All I could see was a woman hungry for human touch. Victoria wanted to hold and be held. She was a very sweet person.

The phone chirped. It was Harold Dumont. "Harold, what did you find out?" I asked anxiously. "She refused Mike. Vic kept pressing the point with her and she finally stood up and refused him. He batted her around a little bit and said he was going to do it anyway, she begged him not to. He told her she didn't have to do anything but be there for him. I'll tell you Mike that was one scared lady."

"So where is everything now?"

"She's still being held for questioning until things calm down here. It's really for her safety Mike."

"What about Vic?"

"Everything I have has been turned over to the police Mike. I'll go ahead and tell you Mike; Vic killed himself in his cell last night."

I was speechless.

"Mike?"

"Yea I'm here."

"Is Mrs. Morris still there?"

"Yea."

"Don't tell her anything. I need to come and pick her up and bring her back to the station. K?"

"Yea, okay."

I had a thousand questions but wasn't able to ask because Victoria was sitting right next to me.

"So what did he say Mike?" Victoria asked impatiently.

"He said Kimberly was pretty upset but it looked like she was innocent as far as the plot on my life. Harold is coming over here to pick you up and take you to the station. You need to get dressed and ready. He'll probably be here in half an hour."

"What did he say about Vic?"

"He said that he needed to take you to the station, That's all he gave me."

I took one of Harold's business cards from the counter and wrote my cell number on the back of the card. "Here's my number." I said.

I don't know why I gave it to her but I did. Victoria accepted it and put it into her purse.

When Harold knocked we were both dressed and ready to go. Harold came in and shut the door. He had a serious look and a serious tone. "Both of you will be questioned probably at some time or another. Just to avoid a lot of bullshit I have the apartment next door to this one as well. Victoria, you stayed in the apartment next door. I brought you into this only last night after I had heard of your husbands plot to kill Mr. Preston here.

"Which is the way it really was?" She said factually.

"That's right." Harold said. "I told you what was happening and brought you here for safety just in case."

"Right."

"Mike." Harold said sticking out his hand to shake. "I'll be in touch."

Mr. Dumont led Victoria out the door and disappeared. I gathered my things and left the apartment. The drive home seemed long. I felt as though I had been gone longer than I actually had been.

ChaseQ
ChaseQ
90 Followers
12