The Lighthouse Keeper

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tom hugged Susan tightly as they stood in the front of the boat as it bobbed its way towards the Lighthouse

"I am so excited!" She told Tom as she looked towards the massive structure perched precariously upon the rocky outcrop.

."Its really great that you could take me with you this time, I have always wanted to visit this place"

"Yeah, the first time that you visit is always dramatic, but you should see it when the weather is bad. Sometimes it can be days before we can get close enough to land!" Tom told her.

"Now, just stand back a bit as I tie us up at the jetty, ok?"

Inside the lighthouse, George awoke coughing, the taste of salt water in his mouth. As soon as the convulsions stopped, and he opened his eyes, the drowning dream quickly receded and vanished along with the salty taste on his tongue. Drowning was George's worst nightmare. He shook his head as he walked over to the window.

Down below he could see the boat being tied up. Tom had a stranger with him this time, a young woman. Well, that makes a change he thought, as he made his way down the stairs to greet him.

Outside, Tom pushed the heavy door open, went inside and called out:

"How are ya doing George, everything ok with you to-day?"

He turned and grinned at Susan, who was looking surprised.

"Why did you say that? " Susan asked him puzzled. "I thought you said this was an unmanned automatic lighthouse, is there anybody here then?"

"It is Susan, and no there isn't, it is just a silly superstition with me" He laughed. "A long time ago, a friend of mine used to live and operate this place, he was the light house keeper before the place was made fully automatic. But, terribly, and before he could retire, George, that was his name by the way, George was killed here during a storm, and his body was never found. They think he died trying to save some ship-wreaked sailors, from the wreck of the freighter 'Fairwind' which struck the rocks just over there". He pointed to the rocks offshore. "Which would have been like him. Not one of the sailors from that ship survived. I like to think George died trying to save some of them"

"Oh, that's terrible!"

"Yes, yes it is, a lot of lives were lost that terrible night, now I just go through this little routine when I visit the place, and I even leave him some fruit, just in memory of him you understand?"

Susan hugged herself and shivered despite the warm day..

"I don't know if its what you just told me, but I feel really cold now, I, ermm, I think I will wait for you outside, if that's alright with you?"

"Sure, no problem, you won't find any ghosts around here" He laughed. "I won't be long, just stay away from those rocks, they are very slippery, so be careful, ok?

Tom walked in and placed his fresh fruit on the old table.

"Just for you, George" He said softly. "I have to be quick this time, gota get back, so see you next time"

George, unseen and unheard by Tom, came down the stairs and into the room.

"Aye, Tom, until next time, now scuttle back to dry land, that's where you belong, no place for you here, not today with this storm building, no place to be at all"

George looked past Tom and out the door.

"Aye, I feel a real bad storm approaching, aye Tom, a real bad one."

12