The Loners Ch. 25

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ozma12533
Ozma12533
280 Followers

"It's unfortunate, though." Lord Caleb announced as he crawled over Rachel.

"I actually wanted to save you for last, and make you watch as everyone you cared about was killed right in front of your eyes. But, since you ended up here first, I find that I cannot spare you long enough to allow your little boyfriend to get here. I'm just itching to get this started and finished. I fully intend to make you answer for the humiliation you've given me over the past few weeks."

Rachel closed her eyes, and braced herself for what was coming. She kept her mind focused on what once made her happy, her days with Alan. And she sincerely hoped that her death wouldn't destroy him completely.

*****

Neither of them had made a move, and instead stared each other down. The atmosphere remained tense as Alan and Lady Helen appraised each other.

Deciding that he had the advantage with his longer ranged sword, Alan broke the stalemate, and ran at Lady Helen first. Lady Helen readied herself as Alan took the first swing, aiming for Lady Helen's neck.

Lady Helen blocked the swing with the sai in her right hand, and immediately followed by thrusting the sai in her left hand forward, nicking Alan's neck as he avoided it. Alan then caught Lady Helen's left hand at the wrist with his right, and smiled as he raised a foot to kick Lady Helen in the gut before she could break away, forcing her a few steps back.

Lady Helen recovered herself before Alan could finish the job, who was now aiming to stab her near her heart. Lady Helen caught the sword and diverted it upward with the sai in her left hand. She then spun, sweeping Alan's legs from under him, causing him to fall to the ground on his back.

Alan saw Lady Helen as she closed in for the kill, aiming both of her sai at his head. Alan rolled to his hands and knees as the Lady Helen's attack narrowly missed his head, and kicked her once again, forcing her back.

Lady Helen, aggravated that she had been caught nearly the same way twice, threw one of her sai at Alan as he stood as she ran at him. Alan deflected the incoming sai with his sword, but was left wide open as Lady Helen closed the distance, and stabbed Alan with the sai that was in her right hand.

Lady Helen proceeded to head butt Alan with her forehead, then returned the favor by kicking him in the gut, the combination of both attacks forcing Alan to drop to one knee.

Alan, however, kept his head raised despite the pain, which paid off as he watched Lady Helen close in, and aimed for his head with her sai. Alan raised his sword, his open hand pushing against the dull side of the blade, and blocked the sai, stopping Lady Helen's thrust.

Alan jumped back once he stopped Lady Helen's momentum, and rose to his feet as Lady Helen moved to pick up the sai she had thrown at him. She then wiped the blood that had formed on the corners of her lips from both of Alan's kicks, then spat on the ground, which held a mixture of both blood and spit, keeping her eyes on Alan the entire time.

Alan took the time to do the same, and when he finished, Lady Helen had raised both of her sai in preparation for round two.

Alan once again played the aggressor, and ran at Lady Helen. This time, however, as he swung at Lady Helen's neck, he moved to Lady Helen's right. The gamble worked, for Lady Helen blocked the swing with the sai in her right hand, and Alan launched his real attack, which was a punch to Lady Helen's ribs, one she could not bring the other sai around to counter in time.

Alan spun, keeping his momentum as he attempted a finishing blow, his target still the neck. The blow to the ribs, however, wasn't as effective as Alan had expected it to be, for Lady Helen was aware enough to duck low, dodging the swing, and quickly stab Alan with the sai in her right hand before withdrawing it.

Alan coughed up blood and winced in pain, but caught Lady Helen's hand with his left before she could withdraw it completely, bracing through the pain of being stabbed again. He quickly aimed his sword and stabbed Lady Helen near her chest before she could break away, causing Lady Helen to spit up blood as well.

Lucky for Lady Helen, Alan had missed the heart, so the wound, while great, was not fatal. However, it was worse than what she had given Alan, and she knew it. It started to dawn on her that at this rate, she might actually lose this fight, despite the wounds she was inflicting on him, and despite her status as a Lord.

Alan released the sword in his right hand, leaving it impaled for the moment, and reached out to grab Lady Helen with one of his hands, which she stabbed with the other sai she was holding.

Alan's second gamble worked for him as well, and he gripped the sai that was currently impaled on his hand, ensuring that it would not be given back easily. This time, Alan aimed for her face when he kicked her, a kick so hard that not only was Lady Helen forced to release the sai that was impaled on Alan's left hand, but it also broke the grip that Alan's right hand on her left.

Lady Helen skidded several feet along the ground, though Lady Helen proved to be fortunate once again, for she had fallen on her side, and thus her trip across the floor didn't move the sword that was impaled on her chest, which could have made it worse or even fatal.

Alan eyed the sai impaled on his hand for a few moments before removing it, ignoring both the pain and blood that was spilt, and set her eyes on Lady Helen, who was attempting to remove the sword currently stuck inside her.

Lady Helen turned as she heard Alan approach, and he could see that his kick to her face had done some damage, for blood was running out of her nose. Lady Helen stared at Alan in defiance as he raised the sai in his right hand, preparing for what appeared to be the final blow.

Before he could do so, a thrown knife appeared, which lodged itself into Alan's back, causing him to take a step forward in surprise and pain before he turned and growled in the direction of the thrown knife as Lady Helen looked up in surprise.

"Now, now, we can't have you killing another Lord, now can we?" A voice echoed, as a short Asian woman with black hair that was tied in two ponytails revealed herself. She was also carrying a long metal pole in her right hand.

*****

"Lord Constantine, I have interesting news for you." Benjamin reported.

"What?" Lord Constantine spat, still in a grim mood thanks to recent events.

"According to reports, the renegades are in Boston."

Boston!? What the hell are they...no. It actually makes sense. The newborn, Alan probably wants blood if what Lord Caleb has claimed is true, and he killed the human girl.

"Aren't all of the other Lords there at this time?" Lord Constantine asked next.

Benjamin nodded. "Yes. From what it appears, it seems all of the Lords wanted to see the renegade with their own eyes while they still had the chance, for he will most likely be dead before this night is over. That is simply a guess though."

Lord Constantine dwelled on that for a moment. Obviously, the newborn won't get far, nor will he defeat all of the Lords. However...he may create an opening that Lord Constantine could take advantage of.

"We're going to Boston." Lord Constantine announced suddenly.

"M-my Lord?"

"You heard me. The newborn may still prove useful, even in this situation. He may not realize that he's simply throwing away his life, however, there may be an opportunity to be had, and I do not want to miss it. Taking down even one of the Lords will help us greatly in the future, since they are all after us now."

*****

"L..Lady Pandora...what are you doing here?" Lady Helen spat.

"That's kind of rude. But, because I probably just saved your life, I'll forgive you for that." Lady Pandora answered, then turned her eyes to Alan, who was currently staring at her.

Lady Pandora smiled at the sight of Alan's stare. "Such cold eyes you have. Indeed, I can see why we've underestimated you to this point. I wonder if those were the eyes that Lord Hector saw when you fought with him? If so, he was probably very excited."

Alan's eyes narrowed. "Maybe you'll be more accommodating. Where is Caleb?" Alan asked coldly, not caring if he had to fight another Lord. He would fight both the Devil and God at the same time if that would lead him to Caleb.

"You will refer to my lady as Lady Pandora!" A voice suddenly spoke out, and a second figure emerged from behind Lady Pandora.

The figure was another attractive woman, and like her Lady, had her blonde hair tied in two ponytails. She was also carrying a sword.

"Relax Jessica. I don't mind. The fact that he speaks in such a manner is part of what makes him impressive. It means he sees anyone who stands before them as equals, or more accurately, obstacles."

"Answer the question! Do you know where he is or not?" Alan asked, his voice showing his impatience.

Lady Pandora's smile widened. "Maybe." She taunted.

Alan raised the sai in his hand, not expecting to get his sword back. "Fine, then I'll just force it out of you."

Alan then threw the sai at Lady Pandora, who twirled the pole in her hand to deflect it.

"Stay out of this Jessica, he's mine!" Lady Pandora ordered as Alan ran at her.

Lady Pandora also found herself intrigued that Alan was coming at her bare handed, though she wondered if he was doing so out of intelligence or stupidity.

Jessica faithfully stepped aside as she watched her Lady enter battle personally for the first time in a long time. Whoever this kid was, he had no idea how good Lady Pandora was with her pole, for the fool was charging at Lady Pandora bare handed.

Lady Pandora changed her grip on her pole to that of a wide grip to use for close range fighting. Alan's first strike was a kick to the side, which Lady Pandora blocked with the pole, noting that Alan was not only fast, but despite his obvious injuries, his strikes were still strong.

Pushing Alan's leg back, Lady Pandora aimed one of the edges of the pole for Alan's chin, which nearly nicked him, but didn't make contact. Alan kept a slight distance as Lady Pandora attempted more strikes with the edges of the pole, but didn't manage to land a single hit.

Lady Pandora changed tactics, and switched her grip on her pole to wield it like a sword, and swung it at Alan.

To her surprise, she landed a direct hit to Alan in the ribs, who didn't move to avoid the strike. Lady Pandora had unwillingly walked right into Alan's trap as he gripped the pole, lifted it and Lady Pandora, and swung it hard towards a wall, forcing Lady Pandora to release her grip. Lady Pandora hit the nearby wall hard, and she collapsed on the ground as Alan tighten his grip on the pole he had just received.

Jessica, upon seeing her Lady bested, began to run at Alan in anger.

"No!" Lady Pandora shouted, causing Jessica to stop as Alan turned to prepare to face her.

Lady Pandora slowly rose, blood running down the corners of her mouth, which was curved into a smile.

"I see, you're the type who would throw his own body in harm's way just to create an opening." Lady Pandora said as she stared at Alan.

By this time, Lady Helen had risen, and had successfully pulled the sword that was impaled in her out. She gripped it and prepared herself to continue the fight, despite seeing her blood drip from the sword that she held in her hands.

Lady Pandora wiped the blood from the corners of her lips, then spoke.

"I think that's enough." Lady Pandora announced as all eyes focused on Lady Pandora.

"As much as I would like to continue this, I did also give my word that you were to be killed by Lord Caleb himself."

"Fuck him. I'd rather kill this boy myself." Lady Helen said darkly from behind Alan.

"Yes, it's rather frustrating that he's so strong. But you also gave your word as Lord that he was to be left to Lord Caleb." Lady Pandora reminded Lady Helen.

"Don't you dare start talking down on me." Lady Helen spat.

"And you shouldn't be so rude to a fellow Lord. Believe me when I tell you, I understand your frustration. Just from the short skirmish I just had with him, and even in his current condition after fighting you, and he is still powerful enough to challenge me. It's insulting, I'd like nothing more than to crush this challenge to me with my bare hands, however, we both gave our word."

"We've allowed this boy to divide us long enough as it is, and I am anxious to have everything return to normal. Well, as normal as can be, for we still have to deal with Lord Constantine after this is over."

"Does this mean you're going to take me to Caleb now?" Alan asked, sick of all of the talking.

"Yes, it does."

Finally, Alan thought to himself. It was time to end all of this.

"It would be faster and better for all of us if I jumped us there, that won't bother anyone will it?"

*****

Lord Constantine could see Lord Caleb's mansion in the distance with his binoculars. Currently, it was under very heavy guard, and it would almost be impossible to sneak in without being noticed.

At least, for the moment. The small fry didn't matter, they could be taken out. But, he needed to do so at a time when the other Lords were focused on something else.

Benjamin remained at Lord Constantine's side.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

"Wait. If all of the other Lords are in the mansion as indicated, then they are probably all sitting back and enjoying themselves at the moment, though they're on alert for the renegades. If we try something right now, they'll quickly focus their attention on us, and that won't end well."

Lord Constantine smiled. "However, if the renegades show up and force their way in, that will be perfect for us. We can take advantage of the confusion."

Lord Constantine's smile faded upon seeing four individuals appear outside at the front door of the mansion. It was difficult to tell from this distance, but Lord Constantine recognized all of them.

"That's...the renegade, Alan. Lady Helen, Lady Pandora, and Lady Pandora's favorite, Pandora Adam Jessica...what's going on? They looked like they may have been fighting, so why...I see."

Lord Constantine lowered his binoculars, and smiled. "Lord Caleb must have asked for the chance to kill the renegade by his own hands. Very well, we'll wait for a few moments, and then we'll start forcing our way as discreetly as possible. By then, the Lord's attention should be preoccupied, if the boy stays alive long enough."

*****

"Why didn't you just jump us inside?" Alan asked irritably.

"Because it's more polite to use the front door. You are the guest of honor, after all." Lady Pandora asked with a smirk as she walked ahead of him, followed closely by Jessica.

Alan growled at this. These fuckers...they were simply toying with him.

Lady Helen followed, with Alan being last as they passed through the large double doors that stood before them.

The mansion itself was impressive, and well decorated. But, Alan didn't concern himself with that as his eyes scanned all who were present and staring at him.

And then, Alan saw him. The face that Alan swore to never forget nor forgive. And the fucker was wearing a smirk.

"Ah, you have arrived at last, wonderful." Lord Caleb began with.

"What do you find so amusing!?" Alan shouted.

"Well, I am in a very good mood, I finally get to deal with the last of you renegades, and finally put an end to all of this."

Last? Alan asked himself.

Lord Caleb saw Alan's confusion, and his smirk widened to the point that he laughed. "You have no idea do you? You poor fool. On the bright side though, it also means I have a very surprising present for you."

"What are you talking about!?" Alan shouted again.

"Oh, this is too perfect." Lord Caleb uttered, snapping his fingers. At the snap, one of Lord Caleb's aids vanished.

The aide reappeared, holding a naked body.

"As you can see, I was in such a good mood that I kept her nice and whole for you to see." Lord Caleb said as the aide tossed the body before Alan's feet.

Alan's eyes widened, instantly recognizing who it was, and he went into shock.

"No..." Alan uttered in disbelief.

The Lords were divided at the sight. Lord Christian was happy to see the sight, for these little punks had humiliated him as well, though not to the same extent as Lord Caleb.

Lady Francine, Lady Pandora, Lady Helen, and Lord Issac did not like the use of such tactics. But, given the situation, this kind of payback from Lord Caleb was inevitable.

Lord Richter had personally done something similar in his rise to power. In the drug world, one had to be ruthless to win. It was the same thing here.

Alan stared into Rachel's lifeless eyes, which stared at the ceiling, what seemed to be horror permanently etched on her face. The body was bruised with several open cuts, though the face had been left alone.

Alan fell to his knees as his anger and rage vanished within him, replaced by emptiness and sorrow. Why was she here? How did she get captured? Why did he push her away?

It was all his fault, Alan realized. If he had listened to her, heeded her words and kept her close, she would have been safe. She would still be alive.

"Rachel..." Alan whispered as his hand slowly reached out to her, and pulled her head into his lap. He couldn't even form tears at this point. He had nothing left to feel.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he held her close. "I'm so sorry!" He whispered as he shook.

Now he was truly alone. There was no one left, and now it was truly dawning on him. There were no more friends, no more family, and no lovers. They had all been taken away from him. All that was left was emptiness.

He wished he could take it back. For that, he would give anything. His mind raced as he thought of anything, anything to bring her back once more. He knew it was impossible, but he wanted to try.

Alan raised his wrist to his mouth, and sunk his fangs into his wrist, which began to bleed rapidly. He then brought his bleeding wrist over Rachel's open mouth, attempting to feed her his own blood.

The other Lords looked on with a mix of curious and amused expressions, while Lord Caleb laughed at the sight.

"Looks like I won't even have to kill him. He's going to do it for me. Poor boy, you can't bring her back like that. You don't...." Lord Caleb stopped in mid sentence. Something was wrong. He thought he saw something happening to Rachel's body.

His eyes focused on the body. No, it wasn't moving. But then...

"No, that's not possible!" Lord Caleb shouted as the other Lords watched, stunned.

"Her fucking wounds...are healing!?"

The open wounds that covered Rachel's body were slowly closing, and the bruises were fading. Alan, not hearing anything else, and only focusing on his efforts, continued to feed Rachel all of the blood in him that he could give.

The Lords could now feel it. The drastic change, the unmistakable presence of power. There was no mistaking it now. After seventy years, Dracula was being born right in front of their eyes once again.

Rachel gasped for air loudly as her eyes focused on the ceiling, and she was breathing heavy. The sudden reaction had caused Alan to withdraw his hand as Rachel shot up.

"Caleb!" She shouted, turning her head rapidly, and saw all of the other Lords, all who were looking on in shock.

"What...how...but..." Rachel uttered, stupefied. She was dead...wasn't she? She remembered her life fading away, with Caleb smiling down on her the entire time. And then, blackness. Nothing. She had to have been dead. So, what was this!?

"Rachel!" Alan exclaimed as he wrapped his hands around her, pulling her close.

"Alan!? B-but..." She felt it. Suddenly, it all made sense. Yes, it was Alan holding her. But, it was also Dracula that was holding her.

Ozma12533
Ozma12533
280 Followers