The Long-Haul Driver Pt. 02

Story Info
The journey to the road continues.
2.9k words
3.64
6.3k
00

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/28/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't get a good look at his smile because I was passing behind them at the time and they were behind the deli counter. All I got was a glimpse, but I saw enough to confirm that he had metal brackets. They went around the corner into her office.

I continued through the store with the load that I was delivering. It was fairly slow that night, so I took my time getting ready for the night crew. Because the store is so big, most of the shelves are filled up after the store is closed, by the night crew. Many of them are college students who attend during the day and work nights to help pay their bills.

It is usually the supervisors who are responsible for closing the store at night, but tonight Troy is still there when the last customer leaves. Together Troy and Sherri make the last check of the store after closing time. They both have smiles on their faces, Troy's with a metallic sparkle to it, as if they are sharing a secret.

After all the evening staff has left, there is a period of time that is busy for me when the first night delivery trucks arrive. Many of the drivers have the same routes every week, so if I have time, I talk to them about whatever is happening in the world. While many drivers work for trucking companies, some of the drivers have their own trucks and they keep telling me to get my commercial license. They tell me what they earn in a week, and that I could very easily make the same. I keep telling them that I can't afford to pay to go to a driving school. A few have told me that if I passed the written test, they would talk to their dispatchers about taking me on the road on my days off.

When the night crew has all arrived, I bring out the last of the pallets. I take a coffee-break and check the computer for a list of the trucks for the night. I see that there are no trucks for several hours, so I decide to work with the night crew for awhile. All of the night crew are part-time and they don't all have the same nights at the same time. There are more college and university students working weekends because of the course schedules. I am friendly with many of the night crew, and tonight is one of those nights were many of them are in. I spend some time helping a few of the crew that have just started.

I end up working with Janet in the dairy section. Janet is a natural Redhead with some Scottish and Irish in her family history, so she has quite a few sexy freckles. Tonight her hair is braided onto two pigtails. She is not much over 5 feet tall, and is very well put together. The dress-code for the night crew is very liberal, and tonight Janet is wearing jeggings (leggings that look like jeans) and a sleeveless slightly loose t-shirt. Every time she bends over her jeggings stretch tight across her firm, shapely rear. I can tell that she is wearing a thong tonight. To make the time pass faster, we talk about what courses she is currently taking and what career she wants to get into. It turns out that she wants to be an orthodontist, but that right now she is doing lab-work making orthodontic appliances as part of her training. I ask her, "Did you know that the company has a new dental plan for the part-time staff that will include some orthodontic work? They are also opening an orthodontist office upstairs soon."

With a big smile Janet said, "I will be doing some work up there as part of my training with the university. I will be making many of the appliances that they are going to use." She turns around and starts working on the higher shelves in the dairy case. I hand her the products as she asks for them. Every time she turns towards me I can see her nipples getting harder from the cool air blowing across them from the cooler. I try to be a gentleman and not look at them too much, but Janet can see that I am at her nipples. "It is Ok to look, I know what the cool air is doing and I am very aware what I am showing." Then she bends down to my ear and whispers, "I wear a 36C bra, often beige lace with a matching thong. It makes me feel so sexy when I do that." She moves back a little so that I can get just a flash of her bra-strap and a hint of cleavage. "It is fun to see peoples reaction when they get just a little bit of a flash."

"Thank you for that, would you like some help with the top shelf?"

"It would be easier for me if you handed the bottles up to me, that way you don't need an excuse to look at my body and I can have the enjoyment of knowing you are looking at me. Besides, I get a good view of your chest from up here. Your coveralls aren't hiding very much. You look to be in good shape for a guy your age. Just how old are you anyway? 40?" When I am on night shift I usually wear coveralls over a pair of fairly formfitting shorts and a t-shirt, which I take off if I get too warm. We work fairly quickly together and are done well ahead of schedule.

"In response to your earlier question, the answer is 'ish'. What made you decide to be an orthodontist?"

Janet's reply surprised me. "I have always had a fascination with braces and other orthodontic appliances. I decided that it would be a good way to enjoy my work and indulge my fascination as well.

I can't wait for the office to open, it will be so much fun to see what I consider pieces of art in peoples mouths. We have been practising with other students in the course so far. I made myself an upper Hawley that I wear sometimes when I am alone."

Just then I saw my next truck drive in front of the store towards the loading dock. "Come and find me the next time you are on shift. I would like to talk to you some more, Janet."

One of our regular drivers, Doug, is backing in when I get to the loading dock. I like Doug because he is usually happy and we talk quite often. He has been pushing me to do the written test and because he owns his own truck, he has said that he is willing to help me get my full commercial license. Today he has a small load for the dairy department, which I unload onto the receiving dock. He has several other deliveries to make that night, so we don't have time to talk much.

When I drop off the pallets in the dairy department, I don't see Janet around, but it is coffee-break for the night crew. The rest of the night is busier for me with trucks arriving close together, and I don't have any time to really talk to anyone.

----------------

Over the next few weeks I see Troy and Sherri together around the store quite often. Troy is always smiling and I can see the sparkle from his braces. Sherri has started wearing tighter skirts and tops that are a little lower cut and are more formfitting. The heels on her shoes are now usually between 2 and 3 inches and are frequently stilettos, whereas before she wore shoes that had a 1/2 inch chunky heel. I have seen her in the lingerie department of our store looking at the stockings and she is probably wearing a garter-belt under her skirt. (Our store competes with Walmart for customers. Our products are better quality.) Her makeup has always been carefully applied, but she now looks as if she has just come from a beauty salon every time she comes to work. After closing the store they quite often disappear into her office for half an hour or more. The few times that I have been around when they leave the store, I have seen the seams on her stockings aren't straight anymore and her lipstick looks slightly smudged.

All the staff has been given a copy of the new dental plan, and everyone has been talking about it. Most of the staff don't seem to care about the orthodontic part of the plan but are thrilled about the dental portion. Things like fillings and cleanings are what most of them are planning to use. The orthodontic office had a few permit issues so it hasn't officially opened yet but they have been able to open the part of their office that is focused on dental procedures. Many of the staff have had fillings done and have had their teeth cleaned and there are a lot more smiles on the floor.

I did take Doug's advice and I passed the written test for my commercial driving license. I have driven stick-shifts all my life and have driven grain trucks and tractors on the farm for many years, so I have quite a bit of experience with larger vehicles. A few of the drivers have taken me out on my days off work, and I have been doing lots of driving. I booked my driving test for next week.

One of the truckers that I have been driving with is Michelle. She is not what you would picture a trucker to be. She is about 5 1/2 feet tall, not much over 120 pounds and is well-educated. Her natural hair colour is a dark brown that she has given black and red highlights. It falls to just below her shoulders and is usually either braided or in a high ponytail. She has told me several times that she enjoys being on the road as it allows her to dress however she wants while she is driving. She had a few other jobs that she didn't like because of how she was expected to dress and look.

I am already halfway through my shift and I just have one truck left. The computer doesn't say which truck is coming or when it will show up, so I just find stuff to do around the receiving bay. Some of the night crew have had me moving pallets in and out of the front of the store, so I have had a chance to talk with many of them. Some of them have been studying the dental plan and have found out that the company has put in an 'at the companies discretion' clause for any orthodontic work. That will mean that the company has to approve any treatment before the part-time employees can be treated. Head-office sent out a memo that each store will be responsible for their own employees.

The phone for the receiving bay rings and I see the number displayed is Michelle's cell phone. When I answer it I hear her ask, "How busy are you tonight? Will you have any time to take a break? I am almost to your store and that is my last stop for the night."

"You are the last truck listed on the computer and it is slow tonight, so I will have lots of time to talk." I answer.

"I have good news for you, and a bit of a surprise. I hope you can sneak out of the store for awhile!" she replies. Her voice has a hint of a sexy purr to it. "I'll be there in about ten minutes."

Her time estimate is right on. Ten minutes later I hear her truck backing up. Store policy is that the receiver has to cut the seal off before the trailer doors can be opened. I go outside, break the seal and wait for Michelle to come to the back of the trailer. I hear the cab door open, followed by the click of heels on the pavement. Michelle normally wears cowboy boots with a low heel, but this doesn't sound like cowboy boots. When she comes around the back of the trailer, she has on a new pair of snakeskin boots with zippers up the side and a two inch stiletto heel. They come to just below her knees. She knows that I have a thing for boots like this, because that is one of the many things we have talked about while I have been driving with her. "What do you think of the boots? Are they what you like? I finally found a pair that I like, and are comfortable to wear. I wear my cowboy boots to drive, but these are going to be what I wear whenever I am not driving." We open the trailer doors and hook them back so that she can reverse up to the loading dock. I listen to the click of her heels as she walks back to the cab of her truck.

I wait until she has backed into the receiving bay, shut off her truck and locked it up. It is nice to watch her walking towards me in her new boots. Tonight she has put her hair into pigtails and they are brushing against her shoulders giving her a younger look. If she had braces she could almost be mistaken for a teenager in the shadows between the pools of light. She has her leather jacket zipped almost all the way to the top, so that I can't see what she has on underneath. The jeans she is wearing are stretch-denim which she finds very comfortable for driving. She gives her ass an extra bit of bounce as I follow her up the steps to the door.

There are only a few pallets left in the truck, so it only takes me a few minutes to unload the trailer. Every time I walk past her, she has a mischievous grin on her face. "Are you done yet? Don't take so long. I can hardly wait to tell you the good news." She says it each time I come out of the trailer, acting like an impatient teenager would. I know she is doing it to tease me because of the way she did her hair.

"All done." I reply. "What's the good news?"

"How about we go talk in my truck, where we will have some privacy and won't be interrupted."

I grab the walkie-talkie in-case someone needs me and we head out to her truck. She unlocks the door and then says "Give me a boost, please. It is a little hard climbing into the truck with these heels on. Being my height doesn't help either." By now, her butt cheeks are right at my eye level which is a lovely sight. I reach for her waist, but she says, with a girlish giggle, "It would work better if you give my butt a push instead. You will be able to get me higher that way." I slide my hands down her hips onto her firm cheeks. To my surprise, I can feel a garter-belt under her jeans. As she climbs higher up, I slide my hands down to the top of her legs and feel the edge of her stockings through her jeans. "Do you like what you are feeling? I'm glad that I decided to wear them today." I let my hands stroke all the way down to her ankles, enjoying the sensation the whole time.

I climb into the cab behind her. Her truck has a table on the bottom and a bed above it. We sit down facing each other across the table. "Those boots are similar to the pair we saw online. I like this pair even better. So what is the good news that you have for me?"

"First I need to know if you are ready for your road test. Much of my news is related to that. My dispatcher has booked my truck in for an inspection the day before your test. We can use my truck and trailer to do your road test, which will make it easier because you know how it handles." She had been fiddling with the zipper on her jacket and had been slowly unzipping it. "If you pass your test, I am supposed to give you a phone number to call." She had the zipper about three inches down now. "You are to ask for Chris when the call is answered." Another three inches with the zipper. "Chris has an offer for you that I know you will like." Her leather jacket is starting to spread at the top now. The zipper goes down another three inches. I can see pale purple lace now. "If you decide you are willing to take the offer, you will be given a local address to go to." The zipper is almost to the bottom now. I can see more lace between the edges of her jacket. "Be prepared to make some important decisions when you arrive." The zipper is completely undone now. Michelle leans forward slightly and opens her jacket. Underneath her jacket she is wearing a t-shirt that has a two inch strip of lace down the front. When she turns to hang her jacket up, I see that the back is completely lace too. While it looks like that is all she is wearing, I can see that she has a skin-tight camisole underneath that is almost a perfect match to her skin colour. The illusion she has created is definitely sexy without actually showing anything.