The Long Road Back Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She nodded perfunctually then continued speaking. "You will attend outpatient drug and alcohol classes twice a week." She once again looked down at the papers in her hand. "These will take place on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7:00pm till 8:30pm. If you miss even one class you will be severely reprimanded. Do I make myself clear?" She looked at me with those steel gray eyes of hers boring into me.

Once again I nodded while I swallowed tightly.

She nodded again then went back to her papers. "You will attend your Senior Year at Rose Anne High school. You will graduate." Again she pierced me with her eyes. "Any friendships you make will be closely monitored and they will be judged by Mr. and Mrs. Mason to determine if they are acceptable for friendships."

I swallowed hard. I felt like suddenly I was being thrown in prison. Then I laughed sourly. Prison would probably be more lenient.

Marie just looked at me but didn't say anything until I looked at her again. "If you are caught with drugs or alcohol in your possession you will be severely reprimanded. If you are found to be in contact with any known drug dealers you will be severely reprimanded.

You are not to leave the house without telling either Nancy or Andrew where you are going and when you will be home. You are to return home at the time you say you will be or..."

"I will be severely reprimanded." I said sourly.

Marie looked at me as if trying to decide if I was trying to be funny. I just looked down at the bed and picked at my nightgown.

Marie just hmphed and continued speaking. "Once a month you will be allowed to write to your parents. Your mom will receive a monthly update on your progress. You are not to contact any of the friends you left behind in Sacramento. Any mail you receive will be strictly monitored. You are not allowed to spend the night away from the Mason's house. Is any of this in any way unclear?"

I shook my head as tears fell silently down my cheeks. I didn't notice Marie get up and move over to me until I felt her take me into her arms. I rested my head against her chest and just stared off into space wondering how my life had come to this. "Everything will be alright dear." She soothed stroking my hair. "I promise everything will work out."

I just sniffled and nodded. She pushed me gently away from her and smiled. "Now you should get some sleep. We still have about another 2 hour drive ahead of us and I want to get an early start."

I nodded again afraid if I opened my mouth I would start bawling all over her brown tweed suit. She hugged me quickly then stood up and moved back over to her bed turning out all the lights except the one closest to her bed.

I stood up and pulled down the blanket and sheet and silently slipped in between. I lay my head on the pillow and closed my eyes but sleep wouldn't come. I lay there with my eyes closed seeing my mothers face as she looked at me with tears streaming down her cheeks. I saw Robert standing on the stairs just looking at me with no sign of emotion on his face at all. Curling myself up into a ball, I did something I hadn't done since the night my father left. I cried myself to sleep.

12