The Long Road to Ruin Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not at all," Anden shook his head. "We have spoken at length of the loss of your family. I know how you miss them. You lost your husband and children. There is a farmer to the north who has lost his wife. Perhaps it is what you need to make you not feel so sad."

A small smile crossed her face. "I shall think on it."

He inclined his head and nodded to her, watching her finish her food and set the plate aside. She sucked in a deep breath and looked up at him. "It has been five years since all that I loved was taken from me. My little girl was three years old and my boy was five. They were both blond like their father and were as sweet as could be."

Shiloh smiled. "The farmer north of here has a son who is ten and a daughter who is eight. It could almost be if you had never lost them at all."

Adele brushed away her tears that had started to fall. "Will you take me there? Show me the way?"

"It would be my pleasure," Anden smiled, knowing deep in his heart that she'd find the happiness she deserved.

"I'll go with you, if you'd like," Shiloh stated as she pulled on a thick black cloak and drew it around herself completely. She pulled the hood up over her head and followed Anden and Adele away from the camp. It didn't take them long to reach to small cozy cabin of Carlen the farmer. Shiloh shook with apprehension and hoped she wouldn't be recognized. She didn't want Anden or Adele to know what had happened to her the night she stayed in the cabin. She knew Adele needed this as much as the farmer.

Anden knocked on the door loudly and called out a "Hello?"

The door opened and Carlen peered out. He greeted Anden quite jovially and ushered them inside, hurrying to serve the trio a cup of hot tea. Shiloh accepted it, but tried to keep her face hidden inside the cowl of the cloak. Please don't recognize me and spoil this for Adele, she pleaded silently.

"What brings you back this way, ranger? I thought you were headed for the city." Carlen inquired.

"I was, but I encountered some bandits and saved these two lovely ladies from them. Ah, don't mind the one in the cloak. She is rather shy and doesn't talk much. But this here is Adele. She lost everything to the bandits and isn't interested in going to the city. I remembered you lived here alone with your children and thought perhaps you'd be interested in having a female around once again. Adele is all for being here, if you would have her."

Carlen smiled at her and held out his hand to her, "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, sweet Adele. I would be honored to have you. Would you stay?"

Adele blushed like a girl and smiled, taking stock of the cabin, the children, and Carlen, "Yes, I would like that."

"You will not regret it then. I thank you for remembering me and thinking of me so highly, ranger. My home is open to you and yours whenever you need safe shelter."

"Thank you, but I believe my companion and I are headed back to the city. We have been away for far too long." Anden inclined his head, finished his tea, and escorted Shiloh to the door. He walked with her back to the camp, tenderly holding her hand in his.

She stopped in the center of the bridge and watched the flowing water for a few moments. She knew they would most likely head back to Betancuria in the morning, so this would be their last night together. She would return to the Bear Pit and explain to Master Nathan what had happened. She figured he may think she must have run away to the North. It surprised her that Vico hadn't come after her to ascertain her whereabouts and bring her back. He seemed to know everything else she was doing. She just hoped that for the time being, Anden would be her own little secret.

"You seem troubled?" Anden deduced, eyeing her carefully. He watched her with a concerned expression on her face.

"This will be our last night out here." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Yes, m'lady. Are you not looking forward to going back?"

"I am."

Anden cupped her face. "Then what is the trouble, Lady Shiloh?"

"I wish I had more time to spend with you alone," she murmured as she leaned against him. "Once we are back in the city, we will have other obligations to keep us apart. I have enjoyed this time with you more than words can express."

"As have I, but we will manage, m'lady." Anden embraced her clumsily then pulled back. "Let us return to camp and rest while we can."

"Very well," she agreed.

The day passed quickly and night soon approached. Anden went about the task of cleaning their dishes and stowing them away inside the wagon. He busied himself with the menial tasks to keep his mind off everything Shiloh had said to him as well as all that had happened so far. He almost could not believe his luck that such a beautiful woman would be interested in him. Was it out of gratitude that she felt this way? Or was it something more? Anden knew he must discover the answers to these questions before things progressed even further between them.

When he returned to camp, he noticed that Shiloh had banked the fire and was preparing to rest for the night. She rolled out her blankets and had removed the heavy cloak she had worn most of the day. He watched as she stretched and yawned pitifully. Their eyes met as she caught him staring. He blushed and averted his eyes, rolling out his blankets and making preparations to get some sleep as well.

Hmmmm….Shiloh smiled to herself. She knew this may be her only chance to cuddle a bit with her shy, proper ranger. She watched as he crawled into his sleeping bag and closed his eyes. Quietly she waited, slipping out of her remaining clothing and crept over to Anden.

She tapped him on the shoulder softly. "What?!" He reached for his weapons, jerking upright to see what was wrong.

"It's just me," she whispered.

He relaxed and exhaled. "Lady Shiloh?"

"May I join you?" she asked with a smile.

A puzzled expression crossed his handsome features and he nodded, allowing her to quickly crawl inside the bag with him. "Are you well, m'lady?"

"I was so cold."

"Yes, it is a chilly night."

Shiloh cuddled up to him, enjoying the feel of his warm body against hers. It seeped into her skin and she let out a soft moan.

"Oh," He gasped as he took note of her nakedness. His manhood lengthened and hardened and she smiled to herself. Almost...Her plan was close to fruition.

She huddled against the heat of his body, lying completely still so as not to scare him away. She wanted him …she wanted this and knew that deep down he did as well.

He sucked in a breath and held it, shifting every now and then, as he clumsily kept his arm along her side. Shiloh stayed perfectly still, simply snuggling into his heat. He sucked in a breath and held it once more, slowly exhaling. She could feel his body tremble, held taut and rigid against her. Yet one part betrayed him. His rampant cock protruded from under his smallclothes, pressing against her backside. A gasp escaped from both of their lips.

After a few tense moments, she felt his hand begin to softly caress her neck and her hair. She turned her head towards him, pressing a sweet gentle kiss against his mouth. At first his lips remain closed, but with a gasp they opened and they indulged in a tender kiss for a nice long while.

Anden stroked his fingers over her shoulders, hips, and breasts, tenderly familiarizing himself with the contours of her shape. Though she longed to moan and sigh, she remained silent, allowing him to explore. The pink peaks of her nipples quickly grew firm under his gentle touch.

He kissed her once more, his tongue snaking out to play with hers before he pulled away. "M'lady, we shouldn't do this," he softly protested.

"Shhhhhhhhh,just hold me, please? I'm so cold,"

Anden nodded slowly and wrapped his arms around her, capturing her lips in another tender kiss. He ignored the voice in his head that cautioned him to go no further with her. Shiloh allowed a small sigh of pleasure to escape her lips and snuggled back against him even more. She loved the feel of him next to her, his warmth engulfing her. He embraced her even tighter, bringing her back flush with his chest. His lips sought hers once again, and he bestowed upon her another lingering, passionate kiss.

Then he gasped, suddenly feeling her wet walls enveloping him, surrounding his manhood with succulent heat. Shiloh gasped, surprised at the size of the member that just filled out her tight passage. He began to move his hips, slowly thrusting into her from behind. She didn't want this to end…not so soon. She remained mostly still, cuddling back into him with a small tiny rocking motion of her hips to compliment the thrusting of his.

Anden groaned, burying his face in her hair, and pressed her tighter against him. He shuddered and spasmed inside her.

"Oh Lady Shiloh…"

"I love you, Anden," she whispered as she smiled back at him.

A slight blush crept into his cheeks. "And I you, M'lady, with all of my heart…"

He held her close and began to kiss her once more; this time in a more relaxed way…He took his time, caressing her shoulders and breasts while holding his manhood inside her still.

"Please touch me there…" Shiloh guided his fingers to the cleft between her legs, introducing him to her most sensitive spot. He shyly traced over her belly, then over her lower lips. She placed her hand on his and gently guided his movements. Cuddling up to him, she opened her legs and slowly excited herself using his fingers.

She moaned loudly, writhing against him. Noticing her glowing pleasure, he began to explore her body, caressing her sweetly. Shiloh took her time, enjoying his sweet touch and his warm body next to her. Soon enough she felt him growing firm again, pleasantly filling out her wet channel. She rocked her hips, sighed with pleasure, and closed her eyes. His tender manipulations on her swollen clit had her shaking with bliss while he rapidly thrust into her from behind. She moaned and shivered, knowing her time was so close.

Anden grunted and hugged her tightly, shooting his warm seed into her receptive depths once more. Shiloh groaned, urging him on. His fingers pressed against the swollen nub of her clit, exciting her further. She gasped once more and offered her lips up to him for another passionate kiss. Then she shuddered as she reached her peak, her juices engulfing his cock. Aahhhh, it felt so very sweet. He lovingly wrapped his arms around her, staying deep inside, and kissed her again.

They snuggled together and slipped off into a peaceful, restive sleep.

O.O

Anden found himself cradled between her lush thighs when he awoke. He let out a small groan and blushed red with disbelief. What had he done? A sigh escaped his lips as she snuggled into the warmth of his body. He tried to move, but in that instant her legs locked around his waist, pinning him to her. She nuzzled her face into his neck and softly whispered, "Stay with me, please…"

Shiloh parted her legs and felt his full raging hardness poke against her lower lips. She shifted and took him inside her. With a giggle, she flipped him onto his back and straddled him. Anden grunted as she slammed her hips down upon his, taking him as deep as nature would allow. She threw her head back and moaned, slowly rocking her hips back and forth. Taking hold of his hands, she lifted them to her breasts and guided his movements. He plucked her taut pink nipples and she gasped, causing her wet walls to tighten around him. Another grunt escaped his lips and she knew he was close. Reaching behind her bottom, she skimmed her fingers over his tightened sac. He panted roughly. Shiloh giggled as her fingers dipped lower, just below his balls. She pressed firmly and Anden threw back his head, groaning long and low in his throat. She knew that would allow him to experience the pleasure without achieving release. She wasn't through with him yet. Anden gripped her hips, bringing her flush against his body as he surged up into her with a dynamic penetration. Shiloh rocked her hips, taking all he had to give and demanding more of him.

Their lips connected as she pressed her breasts to the hard wall of his chest. Shiloh moaned into his mouth as the head of his dick brushed the sweet spot inside her. She shuddered and tightened around him as an orgasm gripped her. Wet juices bathed his cock. Anden moaned as the vibrations took control of him. He was so close again, but wanted to please her. He kissed her hungrily. Their tongues slid into each other's mouths. His cock was still buried deep inside her. He rolled her over onto her back. As he devoured her with his demanding kiss, he started pumping his cock in and out of the snug, slippery confines of her pussy again. It didn't take long. He let out a shout as the most incredible thing he'd ever experienced washed over him. Spasm after spasm rocked him to the core as his seed shot out to coat her pussy. Anden knew he wanted her for the rest of his life. Sheer elation soared within him.

As he ceased to tremble, he smiled down at her. "Oh, m'lady, I love you."

Shiloh responded in kind by wrapping her arms around him. "I love you, my very good Anden."

He rested his head between her breasts, smiling at the thought of their future together. He gasped as the fantasy shattered. "M'lady…" he pulled back from her, scrambling to his feet. He quickly gathered his clothes and hastily pulled them on.

"Anden?" Shiloh sat up and eyed him with uncertainty. "What's wrong?"

He lowered his eyes. "I am truly sorry, M'lady. I do not know how I could allow this to happen."

Shiloh gasped and pouted. "Anden, it was truly beautiful. It felt so right."

He helped her to her feet and knelt before her, taking hold of her hand. "Lady Shiloh, I dishonored you. I should not have, but I swear to you, by my life, that I will restore your honor. I will marry you. It is the right thing to do, if you would still have me."

"You wish to marry me, Anden?"

"Yes, M'lady, I would, if you would have me." He looked up at her with pleading eyes.

Shiloh smiled down at him. "My very good Anden, you are such a jewel."

He placed a soft kiss upon her fingers and beamed at her brightly. "You should put some clothes on, Lady Shiloh."

She offered her lips to him and planted a kiss upon his cheek. "Am I not beautiful?"

"Very much so, but you may become chilled."

She chuckled, "I suppose I should dress so not to tempt you further," she teased him, playfully winking at him. She pulled a clean black halter and skirt from her pack, making a show of cleaning and dressing herself. She could hear Anden shift and clear his throat every once in a while. She knew he was trying not to watch her, but had failed miserably. It was almost as if he could not take his eyes off of her.

In truth he could not. His head and heart warred with each other. He walked to the edge of the camp, wrestling with his emotions. His head warned him that what they had indulged in was wrong. It had happened outside the bonds of holy matrimony. Yet his heart told him differently. She was truly a treasure to behold. He had never experienced anything even remotely close to the feelings she brought out in him. Still his honor would not allow their relationship to continue until he had put things to rights. He resolved to wed her. It was the only way. With his conscience clear for the moment, he turned around and started to break camp. He put out the fire and gathered the bandit's belongings, stowing them in the wagon. He then dismantled the awning and closed the wagon's door. He would report the bandit activity to his guild so they could send a party of rangers out to move it. He felt it would be necessary to discourage the continuation of some lawlessness. Noticing that Shiloh was ready, he hefted his pack onto his back and extended his hand to her. She took it, allowing him to lead her down the road home to Betancuria.

Neither spoke much. She enjoyed the feel of his warm hand as thoughts of what would happen next filled her. She wasn't ready to get married, but she had found something she liked in Anden. He was very acquiescent and undemanding. She could mold him into her personal little sex slave. She could also get used to his brand of sweetness, but that didn't mean she wished to spend the rest of her life saddled with him. She had her lessons to complete and she was sure Anden would be against his wife being a member of the local thieves' guild. He was a ranger. It was his duty to uphold the law. She also was sure he had not the faintest inkling of who she really was, despite the fact that he had taken to calling her by Lady or M'lady.

Her lips twitched as the thought filled her with glee. Yes, she needed her own little personal fuck toy. A part of her delighted in twisting the good ranger to her own means and needs. He wouldn't know what had happened to him until he became so dependant on her that he could not do without her. She smiled to herself, giving him a satisfied look. He cocked an eyebrow at her, wondering what had caused that look of…perhaps…pleasure to cross her face.

She pressed herself to him and stole a kiss then took off running, laughing wildly. He chased after her, tackling her. He pulled her to the ground and covered her. "M'lady, you tempt much," he warned as he began to tickle her relentlessly.

Shiloh squealed, breathlessly begging him to stop. Anden chuckled, and stood up. He helped her to her feet, and brushed her off, blushing red as his hand smoothed over her nearly bare bottom. "Anden..." she sighed, a soft moan of pleasure slipping from her.

He backed off quickly. "Forgive me, Lady Shiloh."

She shushed him and planted another soft kiss upon his lips. "There is nothing to forgive, Anden. It was fun. At least you didn't turn me over your knee and spank me for my naughtiness."

He looked at her rather expectantly, wondering what she was talking about, but did not ask. When she failed to comment further, he led her on until they reached the city gates.

"Well, here we are, back in the city," Anden smiled.

Shiloh peered at the gates, taking note of the amount of Dhorn guards stationed around it.

Anden quickly noticed her tension. "Are you afraid of the Dhorn soldiers, Lady Shiloh?"

She shook her head. "No, not afraid, but I'd rather not be seen by them. The Dhorn soldiers were responsible for the death of my family."

Anden gasped, cocking an eyebrow. "When, m'lady?"

"When they invaded Betancuria. My parents were killed in the castle. I barely… escaped." She shuddered and rested her head against his shoulder.

"I tell you this. We will not have any problems entering the city. They know us rangers and let us pass."

"Are you friends with the Dhorn?" she muttered softly, nearly disappointed.

Anden shook his head. "A ranger will not interfere with politics, but will help anyone in need, regardless of birth or station."

Shiloh exhaled loudly. It was obvious he did not know who she was.

"So shall we?"

"Yes," she smiled, trusting him.

They reached the gates and Anden stepped forward, putting her behind him before addressing the guards. "Greetings, I am Anden Goodmanner. I'm in the ranger guild and this lovely lady with me is my companion."

The gate captain motioned to one of his soldiers. "Greetings, ranger. You may pass." He waved them through.

Shiloh held onto Anden, burying her face into his chest. She followed him as they walked through the city gates and into the southern part of the city. They strolled hand in hand as they crossed the south bridge. He came to a halt when they reached the ranger's guild and The Thousand Steps Inn.

"Lady Shiloh?" He held one of her hands in his.

"Yes, Anden, what is it?"