The Long Road to Ruin Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, Shiloh. I think this is something if you decide to do that you should do on your own. It's a good opportunity for you." Nathan replied. "Once you speak to them again, make your decision then."

Shiloh nodded. In her heart, she knew that he was right. "Very well. I'll let you know when I'm leaving if I decide to do so."

The expression on his bland face didn't change one bit, but she could've sworn that his eyes smiled for a fraction of a second.

O.O

A muttered curse slipped from Shiloh's lips as she exited the Bear Pit. Part of her wondered why she hadn't just left when she had the chance. She could've been firmly ensconced with the royalty of another country by now and wouldn't be taking orders from a restaurant owner turned guild master.

Damn and double damn! How had my life come to this? She stopped dead in her tracks on her way towards the south side of the city and let her memories take hold. Thoughts of her life in the castle burned in her brain. She would give anything to go back to those days. Anything. Fondly she recalled the days spent lazing by her wading pool, and of going riding on the castle grounds on those rare occasions when the rain had ceased and the sun had shined brightly, warming the fragrant earth around her. But those days were gone and the sun had not shined in so long that she nearly forgot what it looked like. The rains had not lasted this long before. It made her wonder if the weather had something to do with the Dhorn, for the rains had not stopped since they attacked.

And here she stood, now soaked to the bone, in the pouring rain. She was sure she looked afright, a bedraggled mess. Her long, full blond hair hung in ribbons as rivulets of water coursed down the strands. She knew she should've grabbed her cloak. What the hell, she muttered as she shook away the haunting memories of her pampered past and headed back to her apartment to change her clothes.

She knew she needed to wear something practical. She dug into her wardrobe, glancing through the many new outfits she had bought herself on her recent shopping trip with her sister. She grabbed a deep green hooded cloak and held it up before her. It would be useful in the wilds of the Summer Islands. Setting it aside, she reached for a pretty light green blouse made of the soft woven hemp. She then removed the sodden clothing, stripping down to her skin and toweled herself dry. The blouse felt good against her chilled skin and soon she'd added a darker green woolen tunic. Both plunged in a deep V which exposed her ample cleavage. She pulled on black leather pants that hugged her hips and thighs, clinging to her voluptuous, hourglass figure and tapered down into the black leather knee high boots she'd layered over the pants.

Then she emptied the magic bag Shander had given her and began to repack it. She added a couple lengths of rope, healing draughts, and her trusty lockpicks. Grabbing a sword belt, she sheathed her two swords within the scabbards. She reached for trusty rod that had brought both Shanna and Shander back to life and stowed it within the bag. Then she added a few changes of clothes and several large pouches of coins. She knew she needed to visit Dalino at the guild to see what sort of armor he had in stock. The leather armor she'd earned from Hatori had gotten torn up when she fought the one lone gladiator. The gash across the chest had rendered it useless. She could've visited Igor and had it repaired. She simply wanted something sturdier.

A pounding knock brought her out of her musings over her armor and she set everything aside to answer it. Yet she paused at the door to listen as another knock sounded. No voices could be heard, leaving her to believe it wasn't Vico and Shanna. Scratching her head ponderously, she wondered who it was. Who would be visiting her? She'd never had visitors before. It struck her as odd and she knew she had to be cautious. So she cracked the door slightly and peeked out, her eyes taking in a broad leather covered chest. "Who's there?" she called out, knowing who it was.

"Marak, m'lady. I have a delivery for you."

She recognized the voice immediately and opened the door, allowing the dark haired man into her apartment. She closed the door behind him and headed back to her bedroom. Why was Rhys here and what did he have for her? He was the last person next to Vico that she expected to find on her doorstep. Her heart pounded and her hands shook ever so slightly as she returned to packing her belongings into the magic bag. He followed her, watching her every move intently for a few long minutes.

"Running away?" He spoke up, his eyes full of compassion.

She let out a harsh chuckle, "I wouldn't give them the satisfaction."

"Then where are you going?"

"I don't remember ever having to report to you about what my plans are. It's not any of your business," she sneered at him before grabbing her other cloak and stowing it inside the bag.

The look on his handsome face was incredulous. He whipped off the eye patch that covered one eye and pulled the heavy wig from his head, tossing both onto the floor. "Remember who you're talkin' to, Princess. You are my business."

"Can it with the Princess bullshit, Rhys. I'm not in the mood. Now what do you want?" Her growl came from somewhere deep inside, filled with all of the anger and malignance that she could muster.

His brows furrowed at her tone. This wasn't like her. He eyed her speculatively and tapped his foot on the wooden floor. "I came to see if you were alright. I hadn't seen you since the other night and was worried about you. I'm sorry if my being here has your panties in a knot. You don't need to take your anger at Vico out on me."

"I could care less about that man and I don't want to keep hearing his name. I'm fine so just leave already."

"I don't think so. Not until you level with me. What's gotten into you? I, for one, am tired of trying to guess what it is you're going to do next." Rhys asked as he pulled the bag from her hand and tossed it aside. Grabbing her by the shoulders, he turned her around to face him and gazed down into her wide blue eyes. "Talk to me, my sweet."

"There's nothing to say, Rhys. I don't have to explain myself to you. Just go away."

Rhys shook his head, his fingers digging into the meat of her upper arms. "By the gods, if you won't tell me willingly then I'll force it out of you." He lifted her off her feet, carrying her out of her room and over to the master's chair. He sat down and brought her across his lap, "Hold still!" he ordered before pulling down her leather pants to expose her bare bottom. Shiloh struggled against the tight grip he had on her. She knew what was coming next. She'd been in this position one too many times.

SLAP!

He brought his hand down on her bottom as hard as he could. She let out a cry and struggled harder. Shiloh kicked and flailed about.

SLAP! SLAP!

"Damn you, Rhys! Stop! NOW!" She wailed, as tears gathered in her eyes.

SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!

Her bottom burned with pain. Hot tears flowed down her cheeks. "Please...," she whimpered.

SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!

Shiloh sobbed loudly as incoherent words slipped from her lips.

"You will tell me, Shiloh," Then he let her go and she sank to the floor at his feet. It took her a few moments to regain her composure. Once she had, she flashed him a look with murderous intent in her eyes.

"You asshole!" she screamed as she stood up before him and took a swing at him, her hand connecting with his face. "Let me tell you a thing or two! You have no right to spank me! You have no right to demand I tell you anything. And furthermore, you don't own me and you don't have any right to judge me the way you have."

He surged out of his seat, glaring down at her. He grasped her shoulders and dragged her up against his body. He bent down and captured her lips in a kiss that fervently staked its claim on her. He ravished her mouth, allowing his kiss to become passionate and fierce in its intensity. Shiloh reveled in its brutality.

Pulling back from her, he gazed down into her eyes. "Forgive me, Shiloh. I don't know what came over me."

"When you kissed me or hit me?"

"Both."

She sighed deeply, and pulled out of embrace, dashing back into her bedroom. She threw herself onto her bed and let the tears fall down her cheeks. It wasn't fair. It had felt so good and she had needed it. Why did he have to ruin it? Her heart ached. She knew what she felt for Rhys. It was as different, but just as intense as what she felt for Vico. A soft gasp escaped her lips as she felt the bed give beside her. Two strong hands cradled her face after rolling her onto her back.

"Shiloh, forgive me. I would never want to make you cry," he whispered as placed a soft kiss on her lips. He drew in a deep breath and embraced her tightly. "I had no right."

She buried her head into his neck and wrapped herself around him. She locked her legs around his waist, drawing him into the cradle of her thighs.

He gasped and pulled back from her ever so slightly. "Let me take care of you." He settled back against her and kissed her softly. His lips parted hers and he deepened it, plying her sweetly with his tongue. Then he pulled back, giving her a big smile. "Let me treat you like a queen."

"Even though I may never be one."

He smiled again, his eyes warm and aglow with happiness. "You will forever be my queen."

He started to undress her, removing her clothing piece by piece, planting little kisses here and there with each piece removed. His fingers gently stroked her skin. He caressed the bottom of her breasts, circling the nipples, but did not touch them.

She cuddled herself against him, feeling snug and sheltered pressed so intimately to his warmth. His right hand wandered over her body, tenderly stroking her belly, her navel, her hips and thighs.

Leaning forward, Rhys kissed her neck while his fingers played over her silky soft skin. He fumbled around for a bit and she realized he had divested himself of his clothing. The length of his naked body caressed her lovingly. Shiloh could feel his male member swelling, rubbing against her soft nether curls. By the gods, he felt so good. She parted her thighs and slowly guided him into her warm wetness. His cock slowly parted her lower lips, sweetly filling her out. Rhys embraced her fully, one hand palming her breast while he dropped his head to take the other into his mouth. He hadn't begun to thrust his hips yet, enjoying the feel of her moist depths around him. He caressed her, kissing her neck, her cheeks, and finally her lips once more. Then he slid into her as far as nature would allow, a moan on his lips. She sought his lips, devouring him in an all-consuming kiss. He pumped his hips as she tightened her walls around him once again. She felt him spasm deep inside her as his warm semen flowed from him. The kiss intensified.

"By the gods...," he moaned against her mouth. He shifted his hips and thrust as hard and as deeply as possible.

Shiloh smiled up at him, planting a soft kiss on his mouth. "Touch me...," she pleaded, guiding his hand down between their bodies. She directed his fingers to her swollen clit protruding from its hood. Pulling her hand back, she allowed him to explore. He parted her nether lips and lightly drew his finger along her nub, rubbing it sweetly.

"Oh, oh, oh...yes, touch me...there...," she moaned throatily.

"As you wish, my sweet."

"Oh gods yes...Rhys...just touch me."

Rhys took his time and caressed her as lovingly as possible. She lay still, focusing on his sweet touch. He tenderly nipped her ears and kissed her neck and shoulders. He heard her let out a moan as he slid a finger into her pussy to replace his softened cock, coating her lower lips with their juices. As her breathing became heavier and her moans became raspier, Rhys realized that she was getting close. She locked her thighs around his fingers and trapped them there. He smiled and kissed her once again. Finally the sensual torment proved to be too much for Shiloh to bear. She couldn't hold out any longer. She spread her legs and urged him to faster. A cry escaped her as he slid his hardened cock back into her succulent depths. His thrusts were rapid and frantic, pounding into her all the way. She moaned and screamed with excitement as his deep penetrations ignited the thrill of her sweet spot. She reached her peak, spasming around him. Shiloh clawed at his back, her nails raking the length of him. Rhys gave a shout, reaching his own peak just moments after hers. Her pulsating walls had been too much for him. The sensation overloaded his synapses and he fired away, coating her with his seed.

He kissed her tenderly and held her close, basking in the heady afterglow of their passion. "I'll take care of you, little one. I'll try not to hurt you ever again. You have to trust me."

"I do," she bestowed upon him a brilliant kiss and snuggled into his larger body.

"So where are you running to?" A chuckle slipped passed his lips as he nuzzled her earlobe.

"I was asked to accompany a paladin and his lady on a quest to retrieve an item sacred to the Temple of the Sun Lord. They needed someone skilled in dealing with locks and traps. I have to meet with them and let them know I'm interested in going. I think it's best if I go. It'll get me away from the conflict here in the city and allow tempers and other things to settle. Master Nathan thinks it's a good idea," she replied as her hand grazed his hip.

He sucked in a breath at the feel of her hand on his flesh. "Now was that so difficult?" He chuckled and embraced her tighter.

"I never thought you'd beat me."

"You enjoyed it and you know it. I've learned what buttons to push with you," he looked up into her eyes. "But seriously, Shiloh, I am truly sorry for anything I've done or said that may've hurt you. I'm sorry I became angry with you that time you came to the temple. I'm sorry for how I reacted when you told me what happened with Commander Benthur. I could go on and on."

"You don't have to. I understand, Rhys. I did something stupid. It's in the past now and I can't change it. Can we just put it behind us?" Shiloh snuggled against his broad chest, resting her head above his heart.

"Yes, we can." He smiled from ear to ear and gazed down upon her lovingly. "You know, though, what this means, don't you?"

"What?"

"That you're mine. I've claimed you for my own. I'll take care of you, my precious," he pledged with heartfelt sincerity. "When were you planning on leaving to meet up with this paladin?"

"As soon as I finished packing. They've been waiting for me for the past few weeks, ever since before I finished my lessons."

"Then I'm glad I showed up when I did. I wanted you to know how I felt. I couldn't allow you to go on thinking that I thought you'd used me as a substitute. I know it was never that way. I was angry and I said what I thought would hurt you the most." He planted a soft kiss on her shoulder before running his lips down over her collarbone and into the valley between her breasts. "You feel so good, smell so delicious."

"I suppose since they've waited this long, they can wait a little while longer." A giggle slipped forth from her parted lips.

"That they can," he replied as he pressed her flat to the feather mattress and rose above her. Swiftly he guided himself into her wetness. Her warm wet walls engulfed him as the smell of musky arousal permeated their senses. A moan escaped her lips as his fingers softly caressed her pink peaks. He thrust as deeply as he could, rapidly bumping against her until a shudder coursed through him. His warm seed gushed into her. She kissed him, reveling in their passion. He pulled back and gazed down into her smiling face. Her eyes were sparkling, shining with happiness. She raised her hand and gently stroked his hair.

"You have gloriously soft hair," she whispered as he shifted to her side.

"And you are the most beautiful woman I have ever beheld. It's a dream to think you're mine." Rhys whispered, embracing her once more.

"No, not a dream," Shiloh replied, her hand caressing his face. Rhys held her tightly, embracing her against him as they slipped into a spooning position. Shiloh cradled her head against his arm, using it as a pillow. Sleep claimed her within minutes.

O.O

Shiloh yawned and stretched against the warmth steadily seeping into her backside. Strong arms held her pinned against the solid wall of a muscled chest. She let out a soft purr, reveling in the feel of him. "Oh, Rhys," she murmured as she twisted in his embrace, turning around to face him. A sleepy grin formed as he nuzzled her tightly, a lock of blond hair falling down into his face.

"I know I should let you go about your business, but I feel the need to be selfish. I want to keep you with me. Shall I?"

A knock at the door interrupted her reply. She frowned deeply and reached for her robe, throwing it on over her body. "You should get dressed," she murmured to him as the knock came louder accompanied by a voice that could only be Vico's.

"Let me answer the door," he suggested as he slipped on his pants and padded his way into the living room area. "Stay there. He's probably only bringing Shanna home."

Shiloh quickly pulled on the light green blouse, tunic and leather pants she'd had on when Rhys showed up and followed him from the bedroom. She grabbed up her brush and raked it through her tousled locks. She watched as Rhys yanked open the door and allowed Shanna and Vico inside. The blackguard took in the sight before him. His eyes narrowed as he noticed the mode of Rhys's dress or lack thereof.

"Well, take a look at what we have here," He asked as his eyes jumped from Rhys to Shiloh, who still stood before her mirror. He noted the glow upon her skin, the rosiness of her cheeks and her kiss swollen lips. "What gives?"

"When did that become any of your business?" Rhys replied, noticing how possessive the blackguard had suddenly become.

"Shiloh is my business," Vico sneered. "I thought you said you would stay away from her."

"Vico!" Shanna hissed.

"Quiet!" He turned his dark eyes upon her menacingly before zeroing back in on Rhys and Shiloh. A tiny cry of dismay came from Shanna's lips and she knew there was more going on here than any of them had admitted. She noted the offensive stance Vico had taken, the way he clenched and unclenched his fists. Testosterone rode high on the air and he twitched with need to annihilate something.

An instant was all it took before they were circling each other like the bulls they resembled. At a few inches above seven feet tall, Rhys towered over Vico by a full foot. His physique was broader through the shoulder, deeper through the chest and more powerfully muscled than the blackguard, having been honed by the years of physical labor of his chosen cover. But it wasn't enough to intimidate him at all. The two men circled each other, sizing each other up thoroughly, looking for proverbial chinks in the armor, for weaknesses to use against the other. The very air they breathed hummed with energy and rage. The floors, the walls, reeked of the same thing; violence—beautiful, simple, undebatable violence of the coming fight. It lived and breathed, saturating their skin, turning palpable and unmistakable.

"Stop this!" Shiloh cried out as she foolishly pushed her way between them. "Now!"

Vico's dark eyes flicked from Rhys to her and back to Rhys. "You need my little birdie to fight your battles?"

"She isn't yours, scum," Rhys growled back.

"Says who? You? You're wrong. She is and will always be," Though his words were softly snarled they came out loud and clear. Shanna let out a wail of disbelief at her lover's confession while Shiloh held out her arms between them to keep the combatants at bay. "I had her first."