The Long Road to Ruin Ch. 36

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vico lunged at her, though favoring his side. Blood poured from the wound. Shiloh dodged to avoid it, but felt the sting of his blade cut her arm. She suffered the nick and hissed. Feinting to the left, Shiloh ducked into the shadows and quickly plotted her next few moves against the more experienced foe. Vico whirled about as obscenities spilled from his lips. His eyes glanced through the dark areas as his blade defensively slashed the empty air searching for her.

But Shiloh was ever on the move. She slipped from shadow to shadow, constantly evading his defensive slashing. Her next strike was low, tumbling past him and rending a deep gash upon his thigh. She continued her roll, finding her feet, and feinted again to the left while she remained one step ahead of him. Shiloh kept it everpresent in her mind she couldn't fight Vico toe to toe. It would surely mean her death. She needed to put him in his place. She needed to show him she could stand on her own, that she didn't need him anymore. All the while the steady command of rip him, kill him, bleed him still echoed through every fiber of her being. She continued blocking it out, ignoring her patron Lord's edict. There would certainly be the hells to pay, but for this fight, she did what was right for her.

The spectators had made their way out of the hideout as they continued to watch the two foes battle. The noise level increased as the shouts of the onlookers grew beyond a steady din. Shiloh avoided getting close to the crowd as she weaved her way through the shadows. She tumbled toward the plank bridge, needing to put distance between herself, the mob, and Vico as well. Breaking away, she dashed to the last door that separated the hideout from the rest of the sewer system.

The smell of rancid water below her hastened her step, lending speed to her flight. Dashing through the doorway, she made her way into the open space then blended amongst the shadows. She waited to strike, lashing out at Vico as he grew near. Feinting away, she slashed Darksbane in a swift motion. The finely honed blade opened a wicked gash down the length of Vico's thigh as hard tempered steel met soft yielding flesh. She heard his hiss of pain as a string of obscenities that came forth from his lips and scalded her ears. He swept Kinslayer around his body in a wide arc, but Shiloh feinted to the right this time and slashed Darkstar across his bicep just beneath the shoulder pauldron.

Quickly she whirled gracefully upon the balls of her feet behind him, using her momentum to thrust Darksbane deep into his ribs again, piercing the leather of his armor. Vico's body lurched. He sucked in a shallow breath and went down to his knees. Completing the circuit around him, she raised her foot and planted it squarely in the middle of his chest, knocking him onto his back. His head smacking the stone floor with a sickening thud brought cries of dismay from the gathered crowd along with groans of disappointment.

Shiloh straddled his chest, her blade poised above Vico's heart. Though defeated, Vico's eyes bore into her with the usual ferocity. He growled at her, "What are you waiting for? Finish it!"

The lust for blood scorched Shiloh, momentarily blinding her to everything but the man beneath her. A single thrust of her sword would spill Vico's lifeblood onto the stone floor, forever ending their bitter relationship. She could do it. A chant of make your oath and deliver him unto me started to echo in her mind as Bastian demanded she do it. She momentarily pulled a hand off Darksbane and touched the whip at her side then resumed her grip. It would all too easy. She'd sapped his will to fight.

Her lips curled into thin lines over her perfect white teeth as a humorless laugh slipped from her lips, "You aren't worth it. I've proven you no longer have any hold on me. I've beaten you fair and square." Her sparkling baby blues glared down into his pitch black eyes, showing him she hadn't needed anything but her own skill to bring him to bitter defeat.

O.O

As Alfons approached cautiously, the expression on his stern face was a mix of anger and concern. He focused on the scene before him as Shiloh straddled Vico's chest, her blade poised above the blackguard's heart. Alfons's attention was drawn to the ceremonial pose she exhibited. Her blade held tightly in both hands above her head. Then he heard their words and watched as she simply stood up, leaving Vico bleeding at her feet, and walked away. Shiloh disappeared into the darkness of the sewage tunnels.

Alfons yelled at the eager onlookers to carefully carry Vico back to the hideout, where bandages and healing potions were brought forth to patch the fallen blackguard's wounds. No one spoke, but Alfons knew money was still changing hands. No one ever thought Shiloh could defeat Vico. No one ever thought they'd ever witness the blackguard being defeated so quickly. Mando, Pett and Tarleth grinned widely as they counted the winnings they split for betting on Shiloh.

Alfons roared like the bear he was often compared to, "Would you still be counting your winnings if one of them had died?"

"You know we wouldn't be, if that were the case," Mando replied somewhat sheepishly as he stashed his share away. He sat down near Vico. "This is something we never thought we'd ever witness. That was one hell of a fight."

Vico groaned as Cynn sat on the other side of the bed, stitching up one of the wounds on his thigh. Though he wore a surly expression on his face, he was too weak to do anything but snarl at everyone. The bitch had succeeded in defeating him and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it.

O.O

Shiloh hustled through the sewers, drinking a few healing potions to hasten the mending of her suffered wounds, and exited when she reached the ladder that would take her to The Bear Pit. Though she knew Nathan would know about her fight with Vico, she knew if she came forth and confessed that perhaps he wouldn't be as mad at her. The truth of the matter would work in her favor she hoped. Vico had started the altercation. She merely defended herself and finished it.

She dashed through the restaurant and up two flights of stairs to Master Nathan's office. She teasingly grabbed Warent as she passed by him and planted a solid kiss on the blonds' lips. With a wink, she pulled back and entered the office. She smiled as she curtseyed before Nathan.

Nathan flashed another one of his stern glances before speaking. "Shiloh, would you care to explain why you were fighting with Vico when I have time and time again strictly forbid it? Were you looking to take Vico's position as Enforcer? Didn't I tell you that you needn't walk his path?"

She bobbed a secondary curtsy before taking a seat before him. "The truth is Vico started it. He attacked me. I was defending myself. I felt it was the right time to put him in his place. He started it and I ended it. I told you he's pissed because Shanna ended their relationship. Thus he blamed me for whole affair. She's met someone that she's happier with. As for why she isn't in Betancuria with me, she continued on to Sargoza with Lady Myra, the priestess we accompanied to the temple on the Summer Islands. Shanna thought it was best to go with her." Shiloh explained, though she thought it was best to leave out details about founding Bastian's temple. "While in the temple on the Summer Islands, we made a discovery. There were two girls who had been petrified for a very long time. Shanna went with Lady Myra to help the two girls readjust to life again. And well, Shanna's new lover went with her."

"That doesn't tell me a bit about what occurred between you and Vico?"

"I know it doesn't, but all I can tell you is he was pissed that I was in his apartment getting cleaned up before I headed off to Mando's job tonight. I shouldn't have been in there. I should've come back here or gone to my own apartment, but I didn't. I'm somewhat hesitant to go back to my own apartment. Part of me is afraid of what I might find. Rhys and I aren't working out. I've realized he's just not for me."

Nathan flashed an impatient look at her.

"I know I disobeyed you when you told me that there was to be no more fighting between Vico and myself, but I had to defend myself. I hope he'll think twice about attacking me again. Furthermore, taking his place as your enforcer never entered my mind, I don't want the job! I could've killed him and had my vengeance, but I didn't."

"Did you have to practically bleed him dry? Reports say you stabbed Vico in the ribs twice, twice to the leg, and once to the arm. It's going to take awhile for him to recover. Tell me this wasn't paybacks for what he did to you the night at the Wharf?"

"It's not, honestly. Payback never entered my mind. It's true that I'm tired of the way he thinks he can treat me, but I've put that behind me." Shiloh replied as she shook her head. "I intend to stay away from him. I have a couple jobs to finish for Mando and Jacia. I'd like to also crack the hidden castle vault soon. I know Rhys isn't back yet and so he can't go with me, with Vico out of commission for the time being, I guess I should go on my own."

"First off, you are to stay away from the hideout for a while, other than to report to Mando and Jacia for your payment once you've completed the jobs they've given you. Secondly, there absolutely, positively will be no further fighting between you and Vico. If I hear of anything else like this, whoever started the fight will leave the Family and will never be allowed back. That also means you are, under no circumstances, to go into Vico's apartment. Thirdly, I won't allow you to go into that castle alone. It's far too risky. Our informants tell me that the Dhorn are in an uproar over our last coup. Their efforts to find us have multiplied. I'm taking every precaution that I can to not draw any unnecessary attention. That especially includes you, Shiloh. I do have someone that is willing to go with you into the castle, someone who is also willing to join the family."

"Who?" Shiloh asked curiously.

"I'll let you know when the time is right," he replied. "Is there anything else you need?"

She shook her head. "That'll be all for today." Shiloh curtseyed and left the office. She headed straight to the kitchens and helped herself to a bowl of Chella's stew, a thick slice of bread and a mug of ale. She sat at the table in the kitchen and dug into the hearty meal. Chella bustled over and took a seat in the chair next to Shiloh.

"Oh, my little Shiloh, I'm so happy to see you safe and sound. You're looking awful thin again. Have you been eating properly?" Chella's eagle eyes missed nothing. The plump woman clucked her tongue. "Don't you have any other clothing to wear? That dress is scandalous."

"I have to wear this, Chella. It's part of a job I'm getting ready to do for Mando." Shiloh replied, beaming a warm smile at the older matron. "I've missed you."

"Just as I've missed you, my dear, I want you to eat everything on your plate. You're too thin as it is."

Shiloh smiled again, "Still fussing like a mother hen over me?"

"Someone has to." Chella returned the warm smile with one of her own. "I'd best get back to work. I have to make sure my lazy workers get their jobs done."

Shiloh watched as Chella bustled off and began giving orders again. She smiled then dug into her hearty meal, making sure she didn't dribble any of the thick broth down the front of her dress. When she was finished, she washed the dishes and made her way back for the sewers. She knew it would be time to make an appearance at the mayor's party soon.

O.O

As Shiloh neared the hideout and the ladder to the ruined house where Stan, the doorkeeper, could usually be found, a hand swept out of the shadows and pulled her into the darkened depths. A startled yelp sounded as she found herself pressed against a wall. She struggled against the strong hands that held her in place.

"Shhh," a silky voice purred. "I mean no harm."

Shiloh ceased her struggles, recognizing the smooth low tone. A small noise slipped from her throat. "When I said tonight, it didn't think it would come so soon," she replied softly. She knew who had so intimately sandwiched her between himself and the cold stone of the wall.

Soft lips nibbled at her earlobe. "I couldn't wait that long to have such sweetness," he murmured. "I had to take another taste."

"How'd you know where to find me?" Shiloh whispered and tangled her fingers into his hair.

"I have my ways." He skimmed his lips across her cheek until he came to the corner of her mouth. "I've learned much about you, pretty one."

"Such as?"

He watched her lips form the words, his mouth hovering mere inches from hers.

Then his lips pressed to hers, claiming them completely, giving fire, heat and passion, demanding it in return. He kissed her deeply, stealing her breath and coaxing her lips apart. Then he tasted her, as he had longed to do, using his tongue he thrust and withdrew, all the while savoring the sweetness of her mouth. He pulled back, allowing his hands to take over. "You've been avoiding the surface. Why? Are you so sweet that water might melt you?"

Shiloh chuckled softly, "I'd prefer not to be seen. There's anonymity in the dark depths of the sewers. You should understand that."

The low timbre of an answering chuckle followed, "More than you know." His fingers skimmed the length of her arms before moving to her small waist. He lingered in that spot for a brief moment before slipping his fingers beneath the waistband. His fingers skimmed over her hipbone before sliding down to cup one taut cheek of her ass. He pulled her as close as possible, allowing her to feel the swell of his arousal against her belly.

Shiloh moaned against his mouth and gasped his name. The hardened tips of her breasts poked into his chest. She could feel the wetness gathering between her nether lips, "Touch me... please..." The ragged plea that slipped from her parted lips was music to his ears. He started to part her legs gently as she opened herself for him, begging for his touch. He obliged, finding her soaked. She groaned as she felt his fingers breach her lower lips.

She moaned, arching her hips to meet his fingers, overcome with need. She let out a soft dreamy sigh as his fingers gently ran along her sensitive nether lips, his index finger teasing her aching clit. Shiloh couldn't stand much more of this torture and ran her hands along his body, pulling his mouth to hers, kissing him hungrily. He moaned into her mouth as she ran her nails down his back. Her lips parted from his. She nipped his neck as he drove two fingers into her weeping channel, making her arch in surprise and pleasure. He thrust his fingers into her hard and fast once more, curling his fingers inside her and rubbing against her inner pleasure spot, causing her wet walls to tremble and tighten around his fingers. He knew she was close to orgasm and rubbed hard on her tender clit. Her mind screamed with pleasure as his fingers threw her to an intense orgasm, her channel tightened completely around his fingers, her female juices dripping over his hand. He slowed his rhythm to a gentle stroking, letting her come down from her high.

"Gods..." Shiloh trembled as her knees threatened to buckle. "Essex... what did you do to me?"

"Just getting to know you, beautiful," he whispered in her ear before he withdrew his fingers. His kiss was gentle but insistent, his tongue sweeping between her teeth to tangle with hers. "I like what I've discovered so far." His fingers delved into the heavy fall of her hair and tipped her head back to accept the tenderness of a kiss. His kiss, exquisitely branding her with lips of fire, scorched her body hotter than before.

Shiloh shook like a leaf before she wrapped herself around his body, clutching him tightly. "If you intend to keep this up, I doubt I'll make the job I'm supposed to pull tonight."

Essex placed one final kiss on her temple and chuckled. "I certainly wouldn't want you to make the boss look bad," he replied. "Meet me here afterwards. I'll make it worth your while."

"It's a date then." Shiloh winked as she straightened her clothing, composing herself.

O.O