The Long Road to Ruin Ch. 46

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fine, you can have it. We are done. You are to leave Ravenstower Barony and never return. Your status as a royal princess holds no weight here. While I was no vassal of your father's neither am I a vassal of the Dhorn Empire and I will not have Emperor Dhorn bringing the might of his armies here because of you. If you do return here, I will not hesitate to have my men apprehend you and hold you until spring whence you will be turned over to said Emperor. Have I made myself clear, Princess Aurelius?"

"Crystal clear, Your Grace," she curtly replied.

After a few minutes, the Baron handed them the writ she had asked for then sent them on their way, but not before Shiloh stripped Terek of his worldly possessions. They left the castle behind, returning to the village. Stopping in the Ice Princess, they gathered the rest of their things, layering themselves with fur lined woolen cloaks, fur lined woolen gloves as well as their thick fur lined leather boots. Pia padded the inside of the red leather armor Shiloh had loaned her with more soft rabbit fur brought from Westiano.

"Are we still going to take those treasure hunters with us, Shiloh? I mean, we have to free a dragon. That dragon is guarding a horde of treasure. Do you think it's wise to lead those three men straight to it?" Pia wrung her hands anxiously.

"You're right, Pia. I'd feel bad if the dragon ate them or worse if the dragon ate them and they gave it indigestion or something bad. I think it'd get mad at us." Shiloh quipped, "So what do you think we should tell them? I mean, I gave Donan a fair amount of gold in advance."

"Well, we just leave and don't tell them. Or oh, I got it. We have Dandy send them a round of drinks on us and slip out while they're drinking. What say you to that?"

Shiloh grinned, "I think that will work. Shall we?"

O.O

After making sure Donan, Lorico and Lefur had enough alcohol to keep them occupied for a long time, Shiloh and Pia slipped out the back door, making their way to Westiano's shop where she purchased a few implosion bottles. Then they began the long bone chilling hike back into the Mountains of Frost. They sneaked past a few hunting winter wolves, nearly avoided a prowling crag cat and came face to face with a passel of mountain orcs. As a fight ensued, Shiloh threw herself into it, using her agility and speed to her advantage. She danced gracefully about, slashing at the bestial creatures with deadly precision. She listened as Pia sang courageously, firing her bow in time with her inspirational words, sounding out a dirge of death for the orcs.

Once they'd defeated their foes, Shiloh and Pia sneaked their way into a large cavern, teeming with more orcs. They stealthily slipped past until they located a hidden passage way cut into the rock. Shimmying their way through it, they came to another large cavern, one whose ceiling had actually been part of a frozen glacier. Though it seemed safe enough, Shiloh loathed to tempt fate.

Closer they came to the dragon's cave. The air about them was still and it was just too quiet. Shiloh remarked on it as they traversed through a long tunnel that gradually sloped upwards. She felt like they were being watched, or perhaps followed. She couldn't tell if it was orcs or something more insidious, but she would not drop her guard for one instant. Whatever it was, she sensed a malignant purpose. Something was out for blood. And she could think of no better place for an ambush.

O.O

A/N: HAHAHA Cliffhanger!!! The events that occur in this chapter are perhaps the bastard child of A Dance with Rogues versions 1.40 and 1.50. If you're interested in the canon events, I'd suggest playing the actual module it's based on. I promise it won't be another bazillion months before Chapter 47 is written and uploaded.