The Long Road To Ruin Ch. 50

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Simon stepped closer, gathering her into his arms. "Look me in the eye and tell me."

Her sapphire eyes met his, "I love you and I can't live without you."

He nodded before he bent his head, capturing her lips in a spectacular kiss. "Damn, sweetness, how can a man say no to that?"

She smiled at him before she buried her face in the crook of his neck. Her arms tightened around him, as if she was holding on for dear life.

"You know you will have to accompany me to my father's court and we'll have to convince him to allow us to marry. I'll do everything I can to protect you, but if he rules against us and hands you over to Benthur, there isn't much I'll be able to do to stop it."

Shiloh nodded, "I am aware of that. If that comes to pass, I don't think I'll live for very long after the wedding. I figure that Arto will parade me in front of the citizens of Betancuria long enough to appease them and once I'm no longer needed, he'll kill me. That is if I don't murder him first."

"My father is a reasonable man. More so than yours ever was. I do believe I can get him to listen to me."

"I'll have to convince him I'm not like my father. I figure I'll have to make the concession of ruling Betancuria with you under his banner, but hopefully he'll see fit to allow us to make the laws. I do know that I want the overwhelming presence of the soldiers to be gone. Having a standing army is one thing, but enough is enough." Shiloh replied. "I suppose we can discuss more of our game plan on the voyage to Dhorn."

"That we can, my sweetness." He took her hand, "Shall we rejoin Commander Klennard?"

Shiloh nodded, "Oh, before we go anywhere, I have to go back to my companions and let them know what's going on. I don't relish having Vico dogging my steps all the way to Dhorn if I don't."

"We should be able to do that. Shall we?"

...

Simon grasped hold of Shiloh's hand, leading her back to Commander Klennard and his men. "There has been a slight change of plans, Commander. My lady is going to be accompanying back to my estates, but before we can leave with you we have a stop to make."

Klennard's brow furrowed as he was momentarily taken aback. "Your Lordship, do you think that is truly wise?"

"Yes, I do think it is wise," Simon leaned in close to Klennard, dropping his voice to a near whisper. "The lady and I have been intimate for some time now. She may be with child. I can't in good conscience turn her loose or over to Commander Benthur. I know my father will be pleased if I finally settle down again and grant him a grandchild."

Klennard eyed Simon critically, "And why didn't you mention this before?"

"What kind of man would I be if I didn't try to protect my lady's virtue? I'm going to tell you something that very few people know. Before the fall of Betancuria, before King Aurelius sought to turn Min-Toras against Dhorn and marry Shiloh to the exiled Prince Daryl, there were negotiations between Rolan and my father. Those negotiations pledged Shiloh's hand to me, so you see I am merely claiming what is rightfully mine. I have faith that my father will bless our union."

"For your sake, Your Lordship, I hope he does," the commander replied. "Now, shall we move out?"

...

To Be Continued