The Lost Lord Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers

Rainer continued to complain, oblivious to the beautiful angel that was in the same room as him, "Bloody hell, I'm getting accustomed to this stuff way too quickly. Like one of those guys in videogames or movies that know how to blast their way through hundreds of guys even though it's their first time using a weapon." Aureal opened her mouth in order to say something, she was immediately cut off by a still oblivious Rainer, "Asmodea said I got that last Lusty Lord guy's power... I don't feel it. Gonna go home and try out some of those spells in that Grimoire after school. That ice thing I did was pretty cool, wonder what other stuff I can immediately do despite it being my first time at magic."

Aureal finally managed to get a word in, "I-." It didn't last.

Rainer apparently didn't notice the noise from across the room as continued his complaining, "Gonna have to go in this demonic circle from hell... Be all, 'Hey! What's up my fellow Bromons! Lets go catch us some human souls! Hey I know! You brosefs do that for me, while I go be an all powerful demon lord guy and go fuck some succubi!' Probably plenty of powerful demons that can be this lord for me, smarter too, what the heck do I know about politics... Demon politics and human politics are probably the same, got to have no soul and take souls away mercilessly. Why the hell did this douchebag from back in time have to give me this power? Son of a bitch..."

Rainer stayed silent for a while, until a voice finally made itself heard, "When I first came into being, I wondered what I was. They told me I was an angel, a warrior of God. I was given this power to eliminate God's enemies assist God wherever else." Rainer was about to say something, but held his tongue. He wanted to hear what she had to say. Aureal continued her monotone speech, he wasn't sure, but he thought he could hear a hint of emotion behind her speech, but it was too faint. "I asked why at first. I was told this, 'God created you and loves you. All he asks is that you have faith and believe in him.' I was but an immature being, since birth, I was blessed with extraordinary power never given to angels before, that's what they said to me. They said they did not know what this power was, but God had informed them about it, and I was a special creation. I was an outcast, many of my kind disliked me, and I was even picked on verbally by some, despite taboos on such acts. My faith kept me going, I tried to ignore those who ignored me. Over time, I grew unsure about this power, and so I requested to ask God about it. My requests were denied. Years passed since I was born, I completed my tasks like normal, with each year, and I began to forget more and more about this special power I was given, until it finally awakened..." Aureal hesitated at the end, her eyes were getting teary. Rainer could definitely see emotion now.

Rainer decided to say something, though he wasn't sure if it would help, "I assume you're telling me this because we were both given power by a mysterious being. I don't know much about God, but I doubt he wouldn't have given you this power without a reason." He walked over to Aureal, and pulled up two chairs for the both of them. Aureal accepted one and sat down.

Seeing her up close, Rainer could see her full attire on, and it was different than the pure robes and human clothes he had seen before. It was intimidating, she did say she was a warrior, and so this must be a warrior's outfit. There were numerous plates connecting to one another, all along her limbs, torso, and lower body. She had on a mailed skirt covered in numerous plates as well. He could tell that the metal these plates were from, that they were not of Earth. The armor was mostly pure white, but with light blue and yellow embossments along the edges of individual plates. Sockets were in the back to obviously allow angel wings to fit through. He could see no helmet around Aureal, but he could only assume she had a helmet with her.

This set of armor was unlike any set he had seen from history class. But he could see faint resemblances from numerous sorts of armor in Aureal's set, as if the best parts of individual armors from history had been compiled together. He could at least see resemblances from numerous armors from all the classic medieval countries, Japanese samurai armor, Roman centurion armor, lamellar armor, Ottoman Janissary armor, Gothic armor, Viking armor, and probably even Aztec/Mayan/Incan leather padding armor for all he knew. Lastly, he could see words, which he couldn't recognize, etched on her pauldrons.

"I'm not very religious myself, even less so since I first learned about myself... But I do know one thing, God would never ruin someone's life immediately from birth, hell, not even Hitler or Pol Pot." Rainer used his best calming voice he had for Aureal, he didn't know how to cheer up angels, or even if what he had said would work, but he was determined to help her.

"You are right... Faith has been my only companion since birth; very few have been exceptionally kind to me. Ever since what happened recently, faith has been all that has comforted me." Aureal had calmed down, but Rainer could still notice some sadness in her words.

"I really don't mean to pry. But talking about what happened, especially with someone who isn't biased about your situation will definitely help."

A silent minute passed, Rainer could've sworn he heard a cat meow outside the window as he waited for her answer.

"I am sorry, I'm letting my emotion get the best of me. I have rarely experienced such sensations. You wish to know about this incident of my past... I do not wish to recount it in exact detail, so I will summarize the important parts for you."

"Fair enough, I won't force you to, just tell me about this power of your and how it relates to this accident... I'm probably too nosy, aren't I?" Mumbled Rainer, he felt guilty at trying to bring up misfortunate events from Aureal's past.

"No, I need to say this. You are a demon, and you have shown me more kindness than nearly all of my kind had to offer. We were both born with power we didn't want, but we have to play the role it gives us."

Aureal continued, clearing her throat, Rainer didn't even know angels needed to clear their throats, how interesting. "I was given a mission, and a partner along with the mission. My partner was an angel who was one of the few who showed me kindness. Although he tried to hide it in the presence of his peers. I notice his act was selfish now, but it was more kindness than I had from most then. His name was Evan. We were given the mission to eliminate a pair of demons that were tempting humans with their offers. While you were allowed safe living as long as if you didn't harvest souls, they were there illegally. The two demons were of Pride and Wrath, two groups that rarely coexist. Still, the two were offering gifts of revenge and vanity in order for the human's souls. Evan and I went to their location, a city I believe is called Seattle." Aureal took a breath before continuing, "Upon finding the location of the two demons, it was decided that Evan would defeat the Wrath demon, and I the demon of Pride. It should have been the other way around. During the fight, Evan and I were separated. The demon began talking to me while we fought. He said he knew about the power I possessed from God. He knew it had lain dormant all my life. He said I liked being unique; that I liked being chosen by God to possess a power no other angel had. He offered to... Unlock this power inside me. I refused instantly, during the fight, he continued to tempt me. I regret that I wavered during one of my refusals. The demon noticed this; the demon somehow unlocked my power despite my refusal. It was then, that I finally found out the power given to me by God.

Aureal grew unstable with her emotions, but Rainer dared not interrupt her, "While all angels, I am no exception, have dominion over the power of light. I was also given dominion over the opposite of light, darkness. As effectively as I could wield light as my weapon, at that moment, I could wield darkness in the same ways. Light harms demons, like a poison, darkness harms angels in the same way, though light can still harm angels and darkness can still harm demons. This new influx of power allowed me to eliminate the demon." Aureal wiped her eyes with a cloth I handed her. "I searched the area for Evan and his battle. I saw Evan, slain at the hands of the Wrath demon. The power unlocked inside me made me unstable with my emotions, and I wanted revenge. I gave my wrath to the demon of wrath, ironic... The resulting fight between the remaining demon and I caused an explosion. An explosion that caused the destruction of a tower within the city. Many humans died in the resulting explosion, and the tower fell, killing even more.

"You don't happen to mean the Seattle Space Needle? I saw on the news a couple weeks ago, it said it was a terrorist attack. And only recently that they were finally clearing the rubble and getting the full death count... You caused it?" Asked Rainer, he wouldn't blame her, but he wanted to know for sure that she caused the tower to fall.

Aureal admitted to the controversy, "Yes, it was I who ultimately caused the death of all those humans. Not Evan, nor the two demons, but my failure to refuse the demon's offer and my emotions. I was punished severely by my superiors in Heaven."

"I see... We may have been cursed or blessed with power, but you have had much more sorrow than me in the past. Especially recently. I won't blame you for that explosion... In my mind, most demons represent their Sin to the fullest. They use convincing words and mind tricks in order to get humans or some angels to fall for their deals. The demon had to have read your past and used it against you. I'm technically describing myself here too, but I can say this for sure. Most, if not all, demons are complete douchebags."

Aureal looked surprised at Rainer's words. Rainer continued his rant, "I haven't met very many demons, but I have read about many, and the ones I've read about use every trick in the book to complete their dirty deeds. I'm sort of self-praising here now, but I can say this for sure, not all demons do this. The ones that don't probably stick back in their lands because they don't want to harm humans or angels, or just don't care or think it's worth their time. Those ones are far better than the demons you met." He resumed his smooth and calm voice, "I'm very thankful you didn't kill me when we first met. Hearing your story now, I would understand why you hate demons so much. I'm actually much more surprised that you didn't kill me when we first met, but don't get me wrong, I'm thankful."

Rainer didn't notice, but Aureal's face turned slightly red. "The reason why I am telling you of my past is because I feel an emotion called guilt."

"Ah, why are you feeling guilty now?" Rainer grew apprehensive, he wasn't sure, but he believed something was going to happen soon.

"I was given a reprieve from my punishment and ordered to investigate you and the demonic sources around you. There has been one legal and illegal demonic entry and a powerful witch residing around you. I was told to investigate you and find out when you would be fully awakened to your power in order to confirm it was you who would be the Lord of Lust." Aureal explained, Rainer could definitely hear guilt in her voice.

"Well, I guess I am."

"I reported to my superiors of my findings and given another chance at full erasure of my punishment. This new chance required me to eliminate you and the sources of power residing around you."

Shock hit Rainer, he could honestly tell himself he wasn't surprised, but he was still shocked at the revelation. He wasn't sure on how to react, and his mind burst with thoughts for the first time in a small while.

She didn't kill me before... And now she wants, no, has to kill me? Fuck, does that mean we're going to fight? Where's that damn Grimoire when you need it...? Hell, where's Asmodea when you need her. Hell, where's Nerissa and Lauren when you need her. Can I even fight an angel? This is more life and death than all my fights in school combined...

Rainer managed to bring out a few words, "Ah, so you are going to kill me... I don't suppose there's any way I can convince you not to?"

"Do not worry... These past weeks, I have began to feel doubt within my faith... Why would God give me such an evil power? The power of darkness within an angel? Why would such an abomination exist? I have never fit in within my community, nor have my superiors ever really liked me." Rainer could feel anger welling up from Aureal's words, "There was an agreement between my superiors and the previous Lord of Lust. To allow you to live until a mature amount of years and then you would go to your post as Lord of Lust. Yet even though demons were involved, angels got something in return and yet they still wish to not honor their agreement. Angels can be no better than demons in some ways."

Suddenly, a new voice appeared from within the classroom. "Well, well. I knew it was going to happen. Aureal with the rumored power of darkness living within her conversing with a demon. So obvious she would be a betrayer of her own people. On the path to become a Fallen Angel are we?" There were two more people, whom Rainer assumed to be angels due to their unique armor. It seemed that no angel owned a set of armor alike. The one talking was a female, the one besides her, a male. They were perfect in every feature just like Aureal.

"Hannah... Linias... I was right to doubt my faith should no one have faith in me. You are correct, I was never destined to become a true angel since my creation." Rainer could feel resolve emanating from Aureal's words. "This demon has proven that even the most evilest of existences can still hold kindness... While you have proven that even the most pure and holy of existences can hold malice." Aureal then whispered something to Rainer, "I am going to bring the two of us somewhere open, so that this coming fight will not endanger the students. Run to the open window behind us. I will distract them for but a few seconds, you will know when."

Upon saying that, Hannah opened up her rather annoying mouth again, "Yes, yes, some philosophical speech that will never work on us. We are here because a certain Archangel knew you wouldn't be able to accomplish your mission. We were sent here not only to eliminate the Lord of Lust, but you as well. It is an insult that an angel should even be associated with darkness. A demon must have tampered with your birth. We know you all too well; we will finish you both off her-" Hannah was interrupted as Aureal made her move. Linias was staring coldly at Rainer, not noticing Aureal's actions, Hannah just seemed to love to talk and was spouting her insults nonstop and couldn't notice Aureal's next move.

Aureal pushed out her hands sending out a burst of bright light, Rainer looked away and started for the window. The light not only disoriented the opposing angels, but sent a wave of energy pushing them and any tables or chairs between them, backwards. Rainer already made it to the window and jumped. Instinct told him to jump, so he hoped he could survive the fall without damaging anything. His worries were for naught.

Aureal grabbed Rainer, wrapping her arms around his chest and under his arms, as he was at the top of the arc of his jump; she flew. She flew straight up in order to avoid and prying eyes. Aureal headed for an abandoned factory in the city.

Rainer pulled out his phone and sent a text to Lauren, as she was the only one of his group that held such a convenience. The text read as follows:

being attacked by angels

get asmo and neriss and follow me

with a friendly angel

said we're heading to that

abandoned factory near 7th

-

Autocorrect fixed most of Rainer's frantic typing, and he managed to send the text despite the uncomfortable position Aureal was carrying him. He still didn't know how to fly, so he had to be carried.

Rainer yelled over the sound of the wind rushing by them, "Hey! We might die soon!"

Aureal returned the yell in kind, "Yes, we may, though I do not doubt mine and your abilities!"

"I've never been in a fight against something supernatural before! And I just wanted to ask you a question!"

"Question?"

"Yea, you've probably haven't had very many friends in Heaven, have you?"

"You are correct, not even the ones who shown me kindness deemed to call themselves my friend."

"Yea well, how about we become friends?"

Aureal was at a loss for words; so Rainer continued, "The past conversations we had these last couple days, they mean a lot... You barely knew me, and I was made out to be some mad monster, and you never had reason to trust me considering what other demons have done. In my opinion, that should make us friends. You don't object, do you?"

Aureal managed to stutter out a few words, which Rainer found cute, despite the wind howling around them, "No I don't... I've just never had a friend before."

"Trust me, if we live through this, you'll meet more than enough people who'll respect and like you." He reassured, "I won't be your only friend, that's for sure."

"Yes... We will live through this. I can promise you that." Declared Aureal.

TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers
12