The Lost Lord Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
914 Followers

"Eh, looks busy. I haven't looked around in one since I didn't want to bother with the crowds. Sure, let's check it out." Rainer replied enthusiastically, he wanted to see what goods would be offered in a demon world marketplace.

Aureal grabbed for Rainer's hand, the two walked towards the bazaar hand in hand. Rainer turned slightly red while holding Aureal's hand, but diminished the feeling, as it would be safer to be connected in such a busy place. He had sex with her; so holding hands was not problem after that.

The entered the large square the marketplace was located in. Vast amounts of stalls were set up, each one containing a demon playing their wares. The stall owners were mostly succubi and incubi, but Rainer sensed several demons of Sin other than lust. The majority of the demons in the square had their appendages out, though there were a sizable amount, like Rainer and Aureal, which had them hidden.

Rainer saw a being he didn't recognize, she was not a demon nor human. He mistook the woman for a fallen angel at first, because she had feathery wings instead of the generic leather wings of demons. The wings also took the place of her arms and hands. Rainer also noticed that the woman had legs like a bird, claws too. Her hair was of medium length, shaggy and the same color of her wings, which was a light purple. Her face had a natural beauty to it. She had small breasts, though they still looked enticing in the clothes she wore. She had a round butt, which gave Rainer a slight arousal. Very few in the crowds paid the bird woman much attention, but he was still not the only one eying her. Apparently her kind was somewhat common in the city, despite being the first one Rainer had seen.

Rainer searched his mind for what kind of being that the woman was until Aureal told him. "I am certain that she is a Harpy. I thought their race went extinct thanks to angels and demons."

"I remember being told that several humanoid species were brought in to the circles, they were given asylum from the onslaught of the angel and demon armies as long as if they swore loyalty to the Rulers of Sin. Perhaps the Harpies are one such species?" Whatever the case, soon the Harpy left the square for its destination.

Each of the stalls had a variety of goods for sale. One stall had food items like one would expect of a marketplace. Fruits and vegetables, that Rainer didn't recognize, were assorted and put on display. Loaves of oddly shaped bread decorated another stall. Another stall had hooks holding various meats hanging down from the top of the stall. Aureal pointed out a stall that held various types of alcoholic drinks. Rainer and Aureal both drank a sample given to them by the stall's owner. The drink was a light blue and flowed like syrup, however it gave a soothing and bubbly feeling as it oozed down his throat.

Then there were stalls dedicated to goods other than food and drinks. Rainer passed by a stall that sold various types of swords. It advertised that its swords were all designed after human world weapons, apparently the advertisement succeeded, as there was a decently sized line in front of it. Aureal visited another stall that sold weapons as well. Though it sold more than just swords, it had displays showing the most valuable of its merchandise. Four barrels held an assortment of weapons of all kinds, which must have been the bargain bin. Axes, swords, maces, a couple of war-hammers, a fearsome naginata, and an interested hooked blade, the store had quite the variety. Another stall was dedicated to the arcane, as it was selling wands and staves for which demons could channel magic through. Apparently it was easier to channel magic through a vessel than casting a spell by yourself. Rainer realized that was an important function of the Grimoire he owned. Another stall contained various plants and herbs. It not only had ingredients for potions and brews, but live plants that demons could buy as decorations or to harvest ingredients themselves from the source. Though one stall caught Rainer's eye in particular.

They eventually came to a stall that had several demons around it, browsing the goods. Rainer couldn't tell what the store was offering at first. He saw several jars containing glowing, floating orbs of varying colors. He turned to Aureal and asked, "Hey, Aureal, you know what those are? They're awfully pretty." He could sense latent power coming from the glowing orbs.

"...Those are souls." Aureal said meekly.

"Eh? You mean souls literally?"

"Yes. You should know that demons desire human souls for many reasons. Why else do demons come to the human world other than valuable goods? Souls are definitely the most valuable things a demon can acquire in the human world."

"Why would a demon want a human soul?"

"They are sources of great power, especially the rarer ones. Master, do you remember what I said before when I spoke to you about the demons in Seattle?"

"Ah, yea... Were they trying to get human souls?"

"Yes, Master. Demons have a unique magic, and it is available to powerful magic users. They can capture the soul of a human, but only a willing one. And so to entice the human, they offer a service of any kind. Humans are greedy. Many want money and power. Some want talent. Others ask for revenge for a loved one. The Pride and Wrath demons I fought back then were both 'fishing' for human souls."

"Sick..."

"They are a valuable commodity here. I can only assume what they are used for here... They can probably be used for alchemy, herbalism, enchantments, and magical bombs... They are infinitely useful. While all human souls are valuable, some are even more powerful than others. Sinful Souls are at the bottom, they are the easiest to get. There are also Virtuous Souls, souls of a holy man or woman, although they can be a soul from any person that is deep within the Seven Virtues and far from the Seven Sins. Souls of an Archmage are very powerful and rare, though they are rare, they are not as hard to acquire than a Virtuous Soul. Angelic Souls are most rare, though demons generally prefer to turn an angel into a fallen angel than take their soul. There are other types, but the most common are Sinful and Virtuous Souls."

"Geez, and here I was hoping soul stealing wasn't all that big of a thing here than I originally thought."

"As far as I know, delving for souls in the human world is exceptionally dangerous. Demons are sought out and instantaneously destroyed by angels or exorcists. Besides, it is not like every demon steals souls. Only the vile would perform such an act, and I have come to learn that all demons aren't evil."

"Yea, you're right. Everyone at the palace are nice people, to a certain extent. Well, let's go on, we got at least a hour or two before we should return to the palace."

"Yes, Master."

They walked for a little while longer before they ran into a group of demons blocking off an unpopulated street. Rainer immediately recognized the group; they were the demons from yesterday that Zazie defeated.

"Well well... I can see that bitch from yesterday isn't with you, only this pretty little number. This time I can kill you and take the girl. The head demon, whose name Rainer didn't even bother to remember, spoke in a pathetic and mocking tone.

"Boss, can I kill the guy? I really don't like that he thinks he can smash me into a table." Rainer didn't bother to care about the next demon talking, as they annoyed him far more than even Mandal ever did.

"Yea, go ahead. Just don't hurt the girl, she'll fetch quite the price."

The grunt demon walked forward, Rainer saw that he was apprehensive, as small beads of sweat ran down his face. Rainer was about to react when Aureal acted first. She took a single step forward and struck the demon in the neck. Her knuckles were extended, forming an odd fist. The demon's vocal cords were paralyzed; he let out a wordless scream and fell backwards, fainting.

"Shit, I don't even need to do anything at all again. Though I could take you all out on my own, I don't think Aureal here would let me." It was Rainer's turn to mock, scoffing at the thugs.

"Master, as you just said, I will take care of them. Please step back, it will only take a few seconds."

The head demon stuttered, "Bitch... The bitch from yesterday, we'll get her soon. C'mon, don't hold back and kill her!" The remaining demons charged forward, three of them chanting incantations, while two brandished weapons. Aureal took a step back, dodging a blow. She then pulled the demon's arm forward and snapped the arm in half. She knocked out the demon out with a blow to the back of the head.

Aureal dispatched the rest of the demons in a flurry of weird martial arts type attacks and counters. Rainer could follow her movements with his sight, he was used to seeing fast movement by now. Only a man with a natural talent for fighting could get used to such speed so quickly, though he wasn't one to realize that.

"Wow, you're amazing."

"I used the minimal amount of strength to defeat them. They are quite weak. I didn't even have to use my magic, nor did I have to take out my hammer and armor. You could have easily defeated them as well, Master. Though I promised Asmodea to protect you."

"I appreciate that, really. Though it's embarrassing to have a girl win my battles for me. It should be me protecting you, all fantasy stories are like that."

Aureal blushed, "I am simply your servant, Master. Tis' my job to protect and serve." Aureal looked towards the sky for several moments before returning her gaze towards Rainer, "It is time to return to the palace. If we return now, there will be ample time remaining to prepare you for the meeting."

"Gotcha... Well, let's head back then."

"Master, thank you for showing me the city with you." Aureal reached forward with her head, kissing Rainer on the lips. She thrust her tongue into Rainer's mouth, exchanging saliva between the two. Rainer, initially surprised by Aureal's forwardness, returned the kiss with vigor. As much as they would have liked to continue the mood with more illustrious activities, they stopped the kiss after a while and started their way back towards the palace.

-

"What time is the meeting? I very much wish to be on time for once."

"The meeting will be in approximately two hours, Iris. I wonder what this new Lord of Lust will be like? Will he be as laid back as the previous one? Or will he be responsible and dedicated..."

"Mmmm, the last lord was a nice guy. I like laid back, as they don't take things too seriously, except when it is needed. I would prefer a lord like the last one."

"How about Arazra? I am not saying to go against the one chosen, as he is most likely the correct lord... But would Arazra be a decent lord?"

"He cares about the Land of Lust, that much I am certain. He would do what is best for the land; at least what he thinks is best. I can't say he would be a bad or a good lord. The last lord trusted me... At least I think he did, hard to tell with that fellow. He told me that his sons and daughters would not succeed the throne. So I will follow the one that is not a son or daughter. He is supported by five of the six pillar members, that is good enough for me."

"Iris, you are just as laid back as the previous lord. If the new lord isn't like you said, you will be in trouble."

"Oh don't worry, he's a Lord of Lust, I could probably seduce him if needed. I hope he's handsome if that is the case. Besides the new lord will want my support, as much as I want his support. I will serve to his orders."

"Hmmm, Iris, what do you think Katiyana will think about this new lord?"

"Oh she's adaptable. She'll adjust to the winning side between Arazra and the new lord. Her neutrality is her best quality. Her snows were given to her by the Lord of Lust, and so she will follow which ever lord wins and allows her to live peacefully."

"I heard a rumor that another Ruler of Sin will be attending the meeting besides the new lord."

"Really? Odd that I have yet to hear that particular rumor. Is there a hint as to which one will attend?"

"No, but the most likely possibility is the Princess of Pride. As the last lord and the Princess were both close allies. The Princess is also a friend with one of the pillar members, Sadism I believe. Also, the previous lord mentioned that he arranged a marriage between the Princess's daughter, Nerissa, and the new lord. Also, Ennariel, the Governor of Greed was believed to be interested, as... Well, too see how to use the new lord for to his benefit, I assume."

"Hmmm... Well, we will find out. Look here for a moment! I bought this cute little doll in the main bazaar of the city just now! It's the cutest thing ever! I bet your daughter will love it"

"It is very cute, Iris... Thank you for the gift, really. Thank you for thinking of my daughter during your foray into the city. I'll give it to her right away!"

"Mmm, her cute little girl could use a cute little doll... Now, just what was that presence I felt in that bazaar? Massive lust, more than I ever felt before, not only that, but also the lust of a fallen angel...

TheTask
TheTask
914 Followers