The Lost Lord Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
911 Followers

As if shell-shocked, everyone stayed silent and surveyed the bodies, searching for Rainer and the other two pillar members. They were found immediately. The bodies of Archibald, Veronica, and Chigaru were all splayed out in random spots in the room. Caetorum was slumped next to a chair, Tozomat lied face down on the floor, and Rainer was breathing heavily on the ground with an arm lying on top of the Jaguar Man, Yaotl.

Each of the four women could not hold back their cries. Caetorum and Rainer were alive, though with closed eyes and a silent body, yet Tozomat was devoid of life. While Nerissa and Aureal immediately rushed over to Rainer, looking to see if Rainer had any serious wounds, Lauren stood silent, watching the display of Asmodea. Asmodea wasn't sure which body to visit, her beloved Rainer who was still clinging to life, or the one who she treated as a younger brother that was now dead, Tozomat.

Lauren placed a hand on Asmodea's shoulder and said with a somber tone, "They'll take care of Rainer... I will revive Caetorum. You do what you need."

Asmodea stood still and slowly nodded her head, as if thanking Lauren in her silence. With a taciturn demeanor, Asmodea walked over to Tozomat. That last time Asmodea drew tears? Not even she remembered, though it was a very long time ago. And for the first time in that gap, she could not control herself and depressing drops of salty water formed from her eyes and flowed down her face leaving behind a glistening trail.

Pull yourself together... Since when do the dead appreciate those who mourn excessively?

That was what Asmodea told herself, while she very much wanted to cry for her dead friend, she knew that there was an extravagant crisis on her hands. If she was dead, Tozomat would obviously have taken care of the enemy at the gates first, and then bury the ones he cared for, that was the taciturn demon's style for hundreds of years. Not even when the previous lord died, did Asmodea feel such sadness in her. She knew that Tozomat died in a glorious battle against the ones who wanted to harm Rainer and did not regret one bit. His dedication in protecting the previous Lord's most valuable possession, the... Grimoire was more than what Asmodea would have ever done.

Yes, mourning must come later. The capitol is in trouble and Rainer might be slain if things get too out of hand, and Tozomat would do anything in his power to prevent such happenings.

Turning towards the remaining guard, Asmodea ordered, "Place the Romance of Lust's body in his room and get some others to help transport these dead bodies to a suitable room. We will take care of them after this despicable war is over." War, that is definitely what this situation could be called.

Out of the frying pan... And into the fire.

-

(Eh? I'm still alive? That is quite a relief. Wait, if I'm alive, why can't I move my body or open my eyes? Somehow I can still breathe, probably cause I've been unconsciously been doing that since day one of life.)

"I'm so happy... He's not dead and in a coma, thank Lucifer."

(A coma, that's just jolly good. Nerissa... And Aureal?)

The white demoness and fallen angel were both located inside the bedroom of the Lord of Lust, as they transported him from the meeting room to there. Several physicians have come and gone, all saying that with his wounds healed, it would be much safer for him in general to let his sleep run its course until he wakes up. They had identified the source of the coma to be a 'Rush' spell, and a dangerous one at that. While it wasn't deadly, it certainly wouldn't allow its user to move any part of their body for varying amounts of time.

"'Rush' spells, Master chose a very dangerous spell to use. Mistress, while I very much wish to stay behind and care for Master, there is a pressing situation outside and our help would be very much appreciated." Deadpanned Aureal.

"...You're right. Though one of us should stay behind and that will be me, obviously my fiancée should be nursed back to health by his loving wife." While Nerissa tried to sound cheerful, she was clearly worried.

Aureal understood and nodded her head, "Of course, Mistress, then I will go and assist the pillar members."

The door to the bedroom opened and what strode in was a funereal Asmodea, "Nerissa and Aureal, both of you help out at the walls. I will stay behind and protect our lord." Aureal tilted her head while Nerissa clenched her teeth while Asmodea continued, "One of the Pillar of Lust must always stay behind and protect the Lord of Lust. Normally that would be Tozomat in most situations, and now... Well, now I will be the one to protect the Lord as often as he did, and I will begin now."

"But the husband should be pro-" Nerissa tried to argue but she was quickly cut off.

"I have protected the Lord of Lust for the majority of my life, and I will not fail here anytime soon. I know more about protecting my Lord more than you. You will not be doing nothing, our Lord's enemies have gathered and opened siege and you will do more than me by protecting Rainer out there than in here." Asmodea gritted her teeth at the end of her words.

"Mistress, I agree with Asmodea. You can do more out there than being cooped up in here. Besides..." Aureal words became quiet as she whispered something into Nerissa's ears that Asmodea couldn't hear, "Besides, she just lost a dear friend, and the only one who can comfort her now is Master."

Nerissa solemnly looked down and nodded her head. The white demoness picked up Old Age and fastened it to her waist before following Aureal out of the room.

(...Asmodea.)

Asmodea caressed Rainer's face lovingly with her soft hands. She drew her hand down to his neck to find a curious blue pendant. Not sure if Rainer could hear her or not, Asmodea talked out loud, "This pendant... It is the pendant of Tozomat's late mother. I do not remember a single day when he did not wear it around his neck."

(His mother's pendant... I knew that, but I did not know how devoted he was to it.)

"He said that it reminded him of his Sin... And not the Sin of the Seven Sins." Asmodea then quoted, "'True sin, even for demons, is one that can never be erased. It is permanently inscribed in your mind, digging at your head like a corkscrew.' These are the exact words of his when we were very young, around your age to be exact. He said that his shadow manipulation was a way of paying for his sins, due to its painful nature."

(Even demons at that age are quite mature.)

"I don't know how much he told you when he entrusted this pendant to you, though I know he would have never have parted with it unless he trusted with you to the deepest part of his being... He never even let me take care of it once and I knew him far longer than any other person." Asmodea let out a melancholy laugh.

(I didn't even know him for more than a week... And he trusted me that much?)

"He said that a demon with a star shaped scar forced him to kill his own mother." Asmodea smiled grimly, "This demon with the star shaped scar... I wonder if that demon is still alive? Promise me you will bring the justice it deserves."

Even though Rainer couldn't move consciously, somehow, his arm moved over and grasped Asmodea's thigh lightly.

Asmodea tender smile beamed even brighter as she tightly gripped the hand that was on her thigh. Asmodea lowered her head and planted several small kisses all over Rainer's body. She wanted nothing more than to throw herself on Rainer's member, though it would be highly inappropriate in this situation, even for a succubus.

Succubi, and demons in general, felt emotions permeate their being far more than humans, especially the more happy and tender emotions. Love too, was an emotion that affected Asmodea far greater than any human. Humans are very frivolous with their love, tossing it around at many different other people. And while many demons did that too, demons like Asmodea did give their love unless they meant it.

"I truly do love you, Rainer." This time, Asmodea planted a softer kiss on Rainer's lips, though she refrained from making it too deep.

(Then what do I feel?)

-

Twenty sets of footsteps could be heard quickly making their way through a long and dark tunnel. The tunnel traveled from the top of the palace, under the mountain, and out the back of the mountain. This was a secret tunnel known to very few, and only used in extreme emergency. Right now was one of these emergencies.

The leader of this group of footsteps went by the name of Roal. He and his subordinates, which numbered fourteen females and six males including him eventually, reached the end of this tunnel. As Roal was one of the few who were allowed information about this secret tunnel, he was entrusted with the task of leading some demons through it and delivering urgent messages to the other districts. Roal himself was given the message belonging to the queen of the Harpies.

While Roal was traveling through the long tunnel, he pondered the terrain of the seven circles. The Waters of Wrath contained the most and largest bodies of water, with most of its land separated into islands of varying size. The Grounds of Gluttony were known to have the largest expanse of forests mainly used for hunting, though it had large farming areas for growing varying edible substances. The Plains of Pride had the flattest terrain of the circles, with very few mountains; it was perfectly suited for the humanoid species the Princess of Pride adopted which were the Centaurs and Satyrs. The Gardens of Greed was the smallest of the circles, though it had rich veins of metals, fertile soil, healthy and delicious animals, and beautiful urban environments. The Sands of Sloth had many jungles situated around oases randomly located in its deserts, it was noted to have a large amount of dangerous ruins that were abandoned by the circle's laidback attitude to everything.

Roal operated the mechanism that opened up the passage leading to the back of the steep mountain. This set of mountains, which hugged the capitol city, was famously known to be impossible to traverse, even by flying creatures, demons, and humanoids of all sorts. The mountains were impossibly high, and it was said that even technology of the human world would be unable to reach the top. The Lands of Lust were the most mountainous of the circles, though it wasn't necessarily a good thing.

The secret entrance dissipated, as it was an extremely powerful illusion spell that the previous Lord of Lust said even he couldn't dispel it normally, and Roal and his subordinates made their way out to meet an unwelcome party.

Soldiers of the Tenth district met the twenty soldiers of Lust. More than a hundred demons were camped out by the secret entrance under the orders to intercept and report back any attempts to escape through the secret passage. Before anyone noticed, a skirmish occurred and the twenty Soldiers of Lust and the army of the Tenth district.

The twenty messengers were no average soldiers, and easily slew quite a few of the Tenth district, though the sheer amount of forces on the other side ultimately overwhelmed the messengers. Blood and giblets went flying everywhere, coming from both sides.

Roal slashed his trusty axe at one soldier, hacking through the thin leather and cutting through the soldier's heart. He turned around and kicked the chest of another charging soldier who had his claymore raised. Roal pulled out the soldier's dagger from his harness and stabbed it into the soldier's neck. Soon, Roal's forces dwindled down to eight. He shouted out to his comrades, "Everyone! Retreat and escape into the forest and fulfill your mission!"

The remaining eight messengers silently nodded to the order of their superior and did their best to escape into the forest. Two more of the messengers were cut down in their attempt to escape, though they valiantly fought back and slew more than fifteen soldiers each before they died. Thanks to their distraction, the remaining six messengers, including Roal, managed to melt into the wilderness and evade the rest of the soldiers.

Roal panted in relief as he found that his message was still located in his pack and ready to be delivered to Iris, the Harpy Queen.

TheTask
TheTask
911 Followers