The Lost Lord Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
912 Followers

"Iron." A single word from Rainer caused all of the iron in the scene to collect together and form a thick wall, completely blocking Arazra's attack.

"Flesh and blood." Rainer pointed both hands at Lauren, Nerissa, and then finally at Aureal, completely healing their wounds thanks to his dominion over flesh blood.

"Fire." A blazing pillar of fire, that would rival even Moses himself, formed in the scene, spiraling from the sky. The center of the attack hit Arazra, immolating his skin.

The tough body of a black demon could normally ward off burning flames for a short time, but fire of this magnitude burned Arazra on multiple spots of his body. The black demon jumped out of the pillar, breathing heavily, and stared furiously at Rainer. "You..."

By the time Arazra realized the circumstances changing around him, Rainer had destroyed each of the stone tendrils restricting the spectators with only his fists.

Rainer then spoke as he walked towards Arazra, "Do you now realize your place? Yes, you are a Son of Lust, and the eldest at that, but you are most certainly not-"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT!" Arazra screamed.

"-The Lord of Lust, pretender."

Violent winds exploded in the area caused by Arazra, which were soon calmed by Rainer. Arazra sent dozens of bone shards from multiple corpses left by the fighting flying at Rainer, who caught them all with a shifting wall of sand. Arazra tried to cause more magma eruptions, but each of the spots he focused on was unable to burst, thanks to Rainer holding the ground together. Arazra, frantic with crazed thoughts, ran at Rainer with a frightened face.

"Iron and lightning." Rainer formed a thin line of iron around his fist, which conducted his lightning and slammed it into Arazra's chest.

Arazra received the full impact, not even trying to block, and was sent soaring around seventy meters down the opening in the eleventh terrace walls. Rainer burst into a quick pace in order to catch up to his opponent.

The people who watched both black demons practically fly away could only stare in astonishment.

"Is that truly a Ruler of Sin's power? The power of a Lord of Lust?" Caetorum spoke.

While he could not see, he could clearly sense the immense strength that gravitated only to Rainer.

"I have rarely seen even the previous lord get to this point, but yes... That just goes to show, Rainer is the true Lord of Lust." Asmodea said to the group. "He even healed the wounds of you three without any trouble."

"Fiancée..." Nerissa could only smile and enthusiastically focus her eyes on the distant Rainer, as she paid no attention to anyone else.

Lauren took a more serious tone when she spoke, "I could never fathom such a powerful being. You all saw it clearly, didn't you? He wielded TEN dominions."

Teras joined in, "Yes, as I can only wield four, I am very impressed. I was surprised when Arazra pulled out five when we previously fought, but it is far more amazing to see such an impossible sight of ten dominions. Asmodea, you are very much correct, he is without a doubt the true Lord of Lust."

"...Arazra will not be able to put up a fight against Rainer. However, he still has the [World]." Zazie said solemnly to the group.

-

"I *cough* I'm the rightful Lord of Lust, bastard. How did you do this to me?" Arazra was legitimately surprised, though he refused to accept he was clearly outmatched.

Rainer, still under the effects of [Asmodeus], replied coldly, "It is simply my strength. And if you want to know, you cannot achieve this level by yourself. Only a Lord of Lust can, and I supposedly was given this by the previous lord."

"You're not the lord... Only I can be that person. Father refused to rightfully pass on his power to me. Only a Son of Lust can hope to lead the circle to glory, NOT SOME DAMNED OUTSIDER!" Arazra pulled out the [World].

"Ah, I was wondering when you were going to take that out. I've already seen its power: It can transform and destroy the land of any world or realm. I've noticed something about the Land of Lust when you used it to create those mountains." Rainer pointed his thumb behind his back at the towering new addition to the landscape. "You damage the world each time you use that card. If you use the [World] too much, the Land of Lust will die out. Does a true Lord of Lust do this?"

Arazra burned hotter than a furnace as he swallowed Rainer's words. Even though he listened, the words went through one ear and out the other. Arazra used the [World], despite Rainer's words, and created a tough earthen dome around Rainer. "Don't think a pretender like you can talk to me like that. This [World] will help me conquer everything out there!"

Arazra continued utilizing the card, using its power to make the dome smaller and smaller until it threatened to crush Rainer's body.

Suddenly, the earthen dome dissolved.

Rainer, amidst the dust, casually spoke again as if nothing in the entire world could threaten his life, "I learned this just now, but there is one special responsibility of a Ruler of Sin, not just I. To keep their circle safe and unscathed." Rainer raised his hand until, to his eyes, was above the mountains Arazra previously formed. "We are given complete autonomy of our circles. We are allowed, to some restriction, to affect our circles and form formations of our desires. And, I don't really like those mountains you created, so say bye bye to them!"

Rainer lowered his hand, and with each centimeter it lowered, the mountains descended a full kilometer. He continued until the mountains completely disappeared and the city was surrounded by the normal mountain range.

Rainer lowered his voice back to normal as he felt [Asmodeus]'s power leave him. He felt the urge to vent his frustration from the entire fight in one final, and unsportsmanlike taunt, "Listen up! You won't ever be a badass demon lord like I can! You failed the three most important criteria: One- Cool bad guys always wear capes or cloaks like I am! Two- Never sleep, that allows dark rings to form under your eyes that make you look like your plotting some nasty demon stuff! And three- Always make cool thoughtful poses that make you look like you got some interesting demon plots in your brain!"

Arazra finally decided to be amazed, much to his disappointment. While he completely ignored Rainer's nonsensical and idiotic words now, he realized the true gap between himself and an actual Lord of Lust. Even his wings and tail seemed to deaden in conjunction with his expression.

"Hm?" Rainer looked at the Grimoire under his arm then back to Arazra. "Someone wants to talk to you." Rainer set the Grimoire down on the ground two meters in front of Arazra.

'Ah, hey there!' A jubilant, ethereal voice spoke mentally to both Rainer and Arazra.

Arazra immediately recognized the mental voice and replied with the same mental words, 'You... Father.'

'Yup, yup, yup! I'm living inside the Grimoire as of now. Quite a cozy place, even has a quaint canopy bed with some interesting pillow arrangements.'

'As frivolous as always, father. Get on with it.'

'Muh... Oh all right. Now, I suppose you're wondering why I live on in my favorite book. Well, I kinda like living, but I don't really feel like dealing with the problems of life. So, I decided on death and giving my power to a chosen heir.'

'Why? Why didn't you choose me?'

'Two reasons: The first is that your ambitions are too great. Us Rulers of Sin, while we may wage war for whatever reasons, will and should never try to take over another circle, neither is it possible to usurp Heaven. The price for doing so will be the utter destruction of the Land of Lust.'

Arazra and Rainer listened carefully. Both were learning things they never knew before.

'The second is that I didn't want you to have the great responsibility of being a Lord of Lust, it is too troublesome. I can understand your loyalty to this land, but give it a break and learn to relax. I gave my power to this guy because... Well, I thought it'd be interesting! Hahahaha!'

(You damn bastard.)

'I heard that, Rainer. Either way, I warned you not to go bringing war to the circle. You lost, so you have to face the consequences fit for traitors of the highest level.'

Arazra seemed as if he lost all thoughts of resistance. 'I see.' He closed his eyes and soon fell asleep with a strange peace to his eyes.

Rainer popped in the mental conversation, 'If I may have a thought...'

'Oh? Only one thought?'

'Die, bastard. Erm, since I'm the Lord of Lust and all... I get to decide on the punishment, right?'

Asmodeus' voice seemed to give off a throaty laugh, 'Now you're getting it! You resemble a Ruler of Sin more and more each time we talk. Yup, you're absolutely cooooooorect! However, please do not be too lenient with my son, or anyone who fought with him for that matter. I warned them time and time again not to trespass with my decision over who will become the Lord of Lust, yet they did and caused a vast amount of death. Be harsh... Very harsh.'

'Oi, I'm the Lord of Lust. You can't order me around. Still, I'll at least go with that... I'm too tired to even think about this damn war anymore.'

'Yea, you surprised me there. I didn't think you would try to control my power with Zazie's [Fool]. That card can clear a person's mind and focus his senses. You must be thoroughly exhausted by trying to control [Asmodeus] with that card and your power. WELL! I've got no problem! I'm all snugly and warm drinking some nice wine while I watch your entertaining life!'

Rainer wanted nothing more but to enter the Grimoire and beat Asmodeus to death, despite there only being a piece of the late demon's soul in a book.

"I just want to go take a long nap..."

-----

A full two weeks passed since the war ended. News of the infighting in the Land of Lust reached all corners of each of the seven circles, Heaven, and magic heavy spots of the human world.

The results of the war known as the "First Great Rebellion of Lust" were heavily stretched and exaggerated. As the Land of Lust never encountered a war of such stature, it was classified as a rebellion among the general supernatural populace.

Either way, it soon became known that the Son of Lust, Arazra, completely lost and was defeated by the mysterious chosen heir. Rainer's name was well protected, only the close few ever knew the real names of a Ruler of Sin, unless that person was well known before becoming one. Most only knew him as the two given titles to the Ruler of Sin of the Lust circle, the Lord of Lust and Asmodeus.

Because of a war of such magnitude passed through such a short amount of time, correct information regarding the war never got too far. The only news that could be confirmed by most outside the Land of Lust was the outcomes of several important figures.

Xizaen was slain by the nameless leader of Huracan. Emiel didn't wish his name to become known, but he at least wanted some prestige to go to Huracan, so Xizaen's death was given credit to the unknown leader.

Renning was found to be alive and had escaped somewhere with his soul weapon in hand. Reginald found that he couldn't keep such a potent item inside his body for too long, so during his sleep, it left his body, somehow, and returned to Renning.

Ornias was found dead by suicide after biting off his tongue, it didn't get out what Teras had done to him, but it wasn't too pretty.

Hezazias disappeared, but not before leaving a note next to Caetorum's room saying,

"Good work out there. While I am disappointed my brother lost, I am also somewhat happy your side won. Well, I don't want to be punished nor do I really feel like staying around... Maybe I'll retire to the Sands of Sloth and enjoy all the interesting girls there! Hahahahaha!"

Sasilith was found alive; she was given the same punishment as her beloved brother.

And Arazra, whom everyone who was interested in the war's results, was sure to be executed, was given a chance at a life by being banished from the Land of Lust. The reasons for why was not divulged, no one could fathom the Lord of Lust's reasoning.

-

"The mountains disappeared, and you guys just rushed straight in and made Arazra's troops surrender. That's really awesome!"

"I don't know what you mean by awesome, Estair, but I simply just did as my duties dictated. Iris and I, while we may not care for each other, at least know when to set aside differences and work together... Though I bet next time we meet, we'll probably end up killing each other, hahaha!"

"Gyahahagya! But still, just why did only your district receive the message?"

"I suspect that there were probably sympathizers to Arazra in the messenger group or something along that line, Zagan."

"Nergal, Nergal, Nergal, NERGAL, Nergal..."

"Oh shut it."

"Hell no, it's fun to annoy people like you."

"I don't see why, you're not even participating in the conversation, Alizae. You're a nuisance as always."

"Hey now, don't speak like that to a Daughter of Lust!"

"Well, sister, we're not necessarily Daughters of Lust anymore. I mean, technically, that guy is the Lord now, not father."

"Well, it's still fun to flaunt rank!"

"Alizae, Alizae, Alizae, ALIZAE, Alizae..."

"Don't you go copying me!"

A rather heated, and increasingly more and more off topic conversation was occurring in a reserved spot in the ninth terrace of Lust's Capital. The participants were all the current district leaders, excluding those who rebelled. Zagan, Azail, Alizae, Nergal, Sitri, and Estair all sat down in a circular table awaiting their orders. Their location was a classy restaurant dedicated to human world food. Though the district leaders decided to be anything but classy.

Thanks to the utility of magic, already a fifth of the damage done to the city had been repaired, though only the easiest fifth. Demons were no stranger to major conflicts thanks to their long lives, so life basically returned to normal.

"Sitri, have you recovered fully?" Azail asked with a relaxed tone.

Sitri drank a full glass of tart wine before replying, "I've had worse! I was captured, that's all, really."

"That's a relief."

"Even so, it was a lamentable capture. A conflict so immense was taking place while I was taken prisoner so easily."

"Wow."

"Yup."

"No... I mean, wow, you used some big words in that sentence compared to other sentences you've spoken in the past-guh!"

Sitri punched her brother in the shoulder with the force of a bull, much to everyone's enjoyment. Even the youngest participant, Estair, could talk and laugh just as jovially as the gruff Zagan.

"The official coronation will happen tomorrow, as why everyone's here." The furry bat-like demon flexed his wings and fingers before continuing, "Think our new

Lord can take being a Lord of Lust?" Nergal put this question forth to everyone.

Zagan went first, "As long as if he kicked Arazra's sorry tail single-handedly, he's fine by me! Gyaha!"

Then Azail, "I obviously couldn't get a good impression of him at the meeting. It was over so suddenly thanks to Justinian's interference. I could tell that he seemed like he was in way over his head then... But now, after hearing his grand accomplishments, I don't know what to expect from him."

Alizae spoke semi-seriously for once, "Yup, he's a chip off father's block. Almost like a direct Son of Lust himself... Wait, you don't think...?"

Sitri laughed, "Mphmf! Of course not! Still, out of all of us, I've watched him the most. He obviously has time to grow, but there is no doubt that he is the Lord of Lust, father's power certainly resides within him."

Estair waited patiently last, as he usually did considering the seniority of everyone around him. "If I may be a bit august... I think I've done rather well as the ninth district leader, even though I've yet to reach triple digits in age. I'm only older than the Lord of Lust by eight years. We're both fledglings in that regard, of course he can do just as well as I, even better by my speculation."

Sitri and Alizae, who sat next to Estair on opposite sides of him, began to tease him by mussing his hair and pinching his cheeks. "He's practically your mirror! You'll have to bow to yourself next time you see him!" "Our little Estair is all grown up... My how the years have gone."

(On a side note, Estair, though aged twenty-six years, is considered to be a cute little boy to older demons. You're not considered a full "adult" by most demons until you pass the triple digits in age.)

Estair sat motionless through the unwanted attention and only said, "Oy vey..."

-

"Hoh, why didn't you join us at the restaurant! You're welcome anytime my interesting new comrade! Gyahaha!" The boisterous Zagan happened upon Reginald and decided to strike up a conversation.

"I'm not entirely comfortable sitting next to so many Lust demons when I'm a Pride demon. I mean, when has something like this ever happened? A demon of another Sin being promoted to one of the highest positions in another Sin's circle." Reginald wasn't his usual proud and confident self. He was more apprehensive than anything.

"I don't see why you're so scared, boy!"

"Hey!"

"You're the one who wanted to become a district leader... And here you are, leader of the fifth district, Hezazias' old spot!"

"Well I wanted to become a district leader because I thought it'd be interesting... I mean, a pride demon becoming a district leader inside the Land of Lust is quite strange. That ought to turn many heads! Now I'm thinking it is more and more impossible."

"Mm, you're quite the scaredy cat, aren't you Reginald?" Sitri saw the two demons talking to each other and decided to butt in.

"Hey now, Miss Sitri! You're speaking to your equal! Gyahaha!" Zagan switched his gaze back and forth between the two, until he saw a certain invisible spark. "Maybe I should leave the two you alone?"

"Ah, hey! What the heck does that mean? Dirty old armored fuck..." Sitri scowled at Zagan who comically pranced away in a full set of plate armor.

"Looks like we're district buddies. I'm fifth and you're sixth, after all." Reginald said, trying to gain some vigor.

"That doesn't mean jack. Seriously, you become a district leader after somehow convincing our cute little lord. You're too arrogant!"

Reginald smiled and stood upright, "Of course I'm arrogant. I am a pride demon... A pride demon serving the Land of Lust. Oh yea, this'll be interesting indeed."

"There are going to be so many problems in your district..."

"Then I'll need your help? Tell you what, I'll get off my high horse every once in a while and ask 'Pretty please, Sitri?' in order to gain your assistance. That good?" Reginald emphasized the expression with a sarcastic humor that finally forced Sitri to squeak out a small laugh.

Instantly noticing the break in her attitude, Sitri hushed up the laughing before it got too loud. "You'll have to beg harder than that, but I guess I could help you out."

"Mmhmm, Miss Sitri indeed! I look forward to the future." Reginald said with a small head bow, he clearly had ulterior motives at hand, motives that Zagan already noticed and seemed to encourage.

Only Sitri couldn't understand the meaning behind Reginald's words. "Seriously, you're just like Zagan, damn it. So annoying!"

-

"Oh, so you ARE going to stay for the coronation after all. I thought you left already." Lauren asked to the Djinn, Luce.

Luce stroked his bald, blue, and tattooed head, "Yea... I guess there's no harm in scoring some free food before I go.

"Really? That's rich."

"Why not? I do admit I like the deserts Lust offers compared to the other circles.

Besides, it's not like my people or your mother are waiting for me."

Lauren sighed, "I'll ask again, don't bother with mother. Just give her up already. You didn't fall for her beauty or something, did you?"

TheTask
TheTask
912 Followers