The Lost One Ch. 06

Story Info
Pristine's group finally finds the Crystal of Life.
4.3k words
4.78
5k
0

Part 5 of the 12 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

A/N: Hey guys, I've been very busy with college and all that. I appreciate those who are reading this story and I do hope you continue to do so. I also love hearing feedback, just no flames. This chapter is short but it sets up the next chapter. Thank you again Blackstallion21 for editing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VI.

Reflections of

The Night

It took them awhile to reach the end of the cave.

"Thank goodness! I thought we would never make it." commented Ophealia.

"My feet hurt. Look! There's the horses." pointed Kyra as she went over to hers and literally jumped on it.

"Pixie, you don't have a horse, do you? Do you want to ride with me?" Pristine asked.

"No thanks. I already have it taken care of." Pixie assured before whistling.

Suddenly, out of the mist appeared two horses. Both were yellow and golden.

"We'll use one of these for the gear." Pixie said.

"Dawning Mustangs. I thought they were extinct." said Drock.

"Nope. My kind found the remaining few and raised them. There are now close to seventy." explained Pixie as she placed the extra gear on one.

Several others wanted to help, but Pixie said the mustangs really didn't like strangers.

"If you touch one you can turn to ashes instantly. If they trust you than that won't happen." Pixie warned them.

"That's wonderful how you were able to breed them." exclaimed Mallian.

Soon everyone mounted their horses. The mustang with the gear was strapped to Pixie's horse.

"All right guys. Are we ready?" Lance asked.

The others nodded.

"Then where do we go from here?" asked Grayson.

"There's a nearby lake. Pixie do you know where it is?" Pristine asked.

"As a matter of fact, I do. Follow me." Pixie replied.

Soon they saw the lake.

"There it is!" shouted Kyra before taking off.

"Wait for me!" replied Ophealia.

Everyone else followed.

As soon as they dismounted, Kyra asked, "Now what?"

"We wait until the two moons' reflections reach the center. That's when a bridge and platform appear. A portal will open up, but only for a few minutes." explained Pristine.

"Who told you this, Pristine?" Pixie questioned her.

"A couple deck out in white garments and wearing crowns."

She did not think telling the others about the king and queen would be a good idea at the moment. Pixie's eyes shot wide open. Only Mallian, Drock, and Pristine noticed this reaction.

"Um, Mallian? Drock? Can I have a word with you?" she asked.

The other two nodded and the three of them walked off until they couldn't be seen nor heard.

"Pixie, before you say anything, Drock and I just want to say that we do know Pristine is the princess." replied Mallian.

"I know it's her too. Even before I heard her name I knew it was her, so did the other creatures of the forest. Is that why you two joined the quest, to keep an eye on her?" Pixie asked.

"Yes. I don't think anyone else suspects it though, including Pristine." answered Drock.

"Me too. Do you think the Evil One suspects Pristine?"

"I am not sure. He couldn't attack the places we were at because of Drackor's magic." Mallian answered.

"But out here, we are vulnerable to an ambush." added Drock.

"Then we better get back to the others."

"Maybe it is a good thing that those humans are here." Pixie admitted.

When they got back, they noticed Pristine was not there.

"Where's Pristine?" Mallian asked.

"She went on one of her walks again." said Kyra.

"Much to Lance's disapproval." added Ophealia, smirking towards the outlaw.

"Hey! I'm just concerned about her." Lance replied.

"I don't know about you guys, but I am going fishing. Anyone want to join me?" Grayson asked as he got his supplies.

"I will!" popped up Kyra.

"Hold on, Miss Kyra. You're going to need some help." replied Sir Reginald as he stood up.

He did not want to admit it, but he was really looking forward to doing that.

"You know how to fish, Sir Reginald?"

"Yes, young miss. Before the Invasion, it was one of my favorite activities." mentioned Sir Reginald as he followed Grayson and Kyra.

"Grayson! I want a big catch when you come back!" shouted Ophealia.

"As you wish, your highness." saluted Grayson as he looked back.

"Lance, just out of curiosity, how old is Grayson?" Ophealia suddenly asked Lance.

Lance was a bit startled, but grinned. So the princess did take an interest in his little brother.

"He's seventeen years old." Lance replied.

"And you?"

"I am twenty years old. How old are you?"

"Sixteen. How long have you been an outlaw?"

"Let's see, for about thirteen years."

"Did you have to build your way up to become leader?"

"Well, not exactly, but I did have to prove myself. My adoptive father was the former leader, and I was his 'heir', but I had to prove myself first. So for one week I had to survive on my own. The day I came back, was the day my adoptive father died." Lance said showing some sadness.

"Oh, I am sorry."

When he told her he only been an outlaw for thirteen years, she had a feeling he used to have another family. Ophealia knew how he felt for she lost her mother when she was eight years old. She let the matter slip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, Pristine was walking along the shoreline and skipping rocks. She sat down, took off her boots, and put her feet in the cool water. Looking in the water, she saw that same celestial figure. Shaking her head, she saw her own reflection again.

She wondered, "For some strange reason, I feel as if I know her."

Pristine looked at the stars.

"A little bit longer. The first moon should be out soon." she thought.

Looking over the lake, Pristine spotted something, a bird; a swan to be exact. It was not just any swan though. It was a midnight swan, Pristine realized. She remembered looking through a mystic creature book that the merchant owned. She remembered it saying they were rare to spot for they constantly traveled and only appeared at night during full moons. Also, it was said they were good omens. Pristine hoped this was a good sign.

The creature was the color of midnight blue and had silver feathers. Pristine gazed in awe as a few more joined the one on the lake. Soon there were a dozen of them. They did a dance on the lake. When a few of the swans spotted Pristine, they beckoned her to join them. How could she have resisted? It was like a spell was pulling her on. Not to mention that her instincts told her to go and join them. Smiling and nodding, Pristine took off her cloak and slowly got into the water and swam toward them when it's deep enough. She completely forgot that she couldn't swim. Pristine began to dance in the water as well, using arms and legs, using one or the other to keep her up. She felt as though she'd done this type of dance before. She was feeling at peace when the dance ended.

Pristine swam back to shore with the swans following her. Pristine saw that her performance didn't go unnoticed. A lot of birds were watching her, including a golden falcon, another rare bird. They all chirped and Pristine blushed, but curtsied. They all flew off, with only the swans remaining. As Pristine settled down, the swans shook the water off themselves. Unfortunately, they got Pristine even wetter.

"Hey!" she exclaimed with a laugh.

Feeling guilty, the flock flapped their wings and Pristine was instantly dried. This technique must have been one of their magical ones.

"Thank-you. You-all are very kind." Pristine replied with a smile.

Pristine saw that one of the moons was out and felt the need to get back to the others. She got up and head back.

Meanwhile, Grayson, Sir Reginald, and Kyra returned with about twenty fish.

"Is this enough your highness?" Grayson asked Ophealia.

"Well, I'm impressed."

"Place them over here bro." instructed Lance, indicating to a mat he spread out.

A while ago, he started up a fire. Soon they cooked the fish over it.

"Oh, smells wonderful." commented Kyra.

"Wait 'til you taste it." said Grayson.

"Mallian, Drock, and Pixie. You going to want some?" asked Lance.

"I'll try some. Never had fish before." answered Drock.

"Boy you've been missing out." replied Grayson.

"Pixie and I won't have anything. Both of our kinds never eat meats anyway. I think we'll take some of the fruit we got." replied Mallian.

"Did somebody say fruit?" called someone.

They all turned to see Pristine carrying something in her cloak.

"You won't believe what I've found." she said as she came up.

Lance and Sir Reginald came over to help with the heavy load.

"Thanks. Go ahead and place it down."

The two did and the cloak opened up to reveal strange colorful fruit. They looked like pomegranates only they were multicolored.

"They looked edible so I ate one. It's delicious." Pristine said before taking one and biting into it.

"Pristine? Do you know what you just found?" Pixie asked.

"No."

"This is Rainbow Fruit. It's very rare to find one of its trees."

"They are good." said Ophealia after eating one.

"Well, out of all the fruit I've ate, this one is my favorite." Pristine commented.

Pixie and Mallian glanced at each other and grinned. They also knew that the fruit could only be found by unicorns and that it was the unicorns' favorite thing to eat. Everyone began to eat. Afterward, Pristine looked up at the sky. The other moon was not out yet and it would still be several hours before the portal opened. Yawns began to break out.

"We should probably get a few hours of sleep." Lance suggested.

"We should. It will still be awhile." agreed Mallian.

So they unpacked their blankets and began to settle down. Ophealia and Sir Reginald slept near each other as well as Pristine and Kyra. Lance, Grayson, and the outlaws slept nearby. Mallian, Drock, and Pixie were about to fall asleep when Pixie noticed something interesting. The midnight swans and the golden falcon flew down and surrounded Pristine and Kyra. They would not fall asleep. Pixie woke up Mallian and Drock.

"Hey you two. Look at this." she whispered.

The two sat up and looked.

"Well, looks like the animals know it's her as well." Mallian replied quietly.

"I guess they feel since they weren't able to protect her before, they could do it this way." added Drock.

The three lie down and fell asleep.

Pristine was dreaming when she heard a voice. It sounded similar to hers. In her dreams she saw a creature coming toward her. For a moment she thought it's a horse or deer, but as it came closer, she realized it's a unicorn. It spoke to her.

"Beware of the danger for it is near. You must be strong for it's nearly time. Awake for the Evil One is here." she said before vanishing.

Pristine woke up instantly. The swans and falcon flew off. Pristine looked at the lake. The moons' reflections were almost in position. Sensing danger, Pristine took out the Stone of Wood. As she and the stone started to glow, everyone else woke up.

"Pristine? What's wrong?" asked Kyra.

Just then arrows came flying toward them. Luckily, Pristine put up a magical shield, which reflected the arrows away from them. Suddenly, everyone heard a loud sound. Most of them turned to see the bridge and platform appeared. The portal opened.

Immediately, Pixie yelled, "The portal is open! Let's go!"

Everyone, except Pristine, got their gear together in a flash. As soon as they mounted their horses, they started to go through the portal. Several of the others got Pristine's gear together.

"Pristine! Come on!" shouted Lance.

"Go! I am stalling Zeather! I'll catch up with you." Pristine ordered.

"Pristine, I am not going without you!"

"Lance! Go please!"

Lance realized he had no choice. The woman was stubborn.

"I'm coming back for you!" responded Lance before reluctantly going through the portal.

Soon everyone else made it through.

"Pristine hurry!" warned Mallian.

Seeing everyone safe, Pristine quickly took down the barrier, jumped on her horse, and headed for the portal. But before she got through, a dark beam launched out and grabbed Pristine around the neck. It pulled her off the horse just as it went through the portal. Any other would had died from the action, but Pristine managed to place a shield around herself in time.

Back with the others, "Where's Pristine?!" demanded Lance.

"Zeather must have got her." replied Pixie.

"I'll be back." Lance said jumping on his stallion and riding back through the portal.

As Pristine struggled to get away, the Evil One dragged her closer. Pristine looked over her shoulder to see Zeather wearing a mask. It was becoming harder to breathe.

"I commend you for defeating the obstacles I created. You've grown more powerful. Too bad you won't live to see the sunrise." he said as he let out a sinister laugh.

That's when all the midnight swans, the golden falcon, and other birds attacked Zeather, making him released Pristine, who gasped for air. One of the swans managed to knock Zeather's mask off before he repelled all the creatures away. Before he got his mask, Pristine blasted him with the Stone of Water. The Evil One screamed as he fell. Weakened, Pristine collapsed. Just then, she felt someone picked her up. She tried to open her eyes, and was barely able to make out that it's Lance. Lance came through the portal on his stallion just as Zeather fell. After lifting Pristine, he got her stones before mounting his horse. Just when the Evil One recovered, they disappeared through the portal. At the same time, the portal closed and the bridge and platform vanished beneath the lake.

"I will find and destroy you Pristine, if it's the last thing I do." Zeather promised himself.

Lance appeared with a still unconscious Pristine just as the portal closed.

"She'll be all right in the morning." assured Pixie after examining Pristine after Lance dismounted with her.

Pristine finally came around and looked at Pixie.

"Did we make it?" she barely asked.

"Yes, thanks to you." Pixie answered.

"Okay, goodnight." Pristine sighed as she snuggled up to Lance and fell back asleep.

"Pristine never ceases to amaze me. She's had one rough day." commented Ophealia.

"I'll say. She's been through more than any of us." agreed Grayson.

"She deserves some rest." added Sir Reginald.

"I think we all need to rest." replied Drock.

They all nodded and dismounted before getting their blankets out once more. Lance still held onto Pristine. In his mind all he thought of was Pristine. Several times he came close to losing her. Suddenly it hit him, he's in love. He's not too happy though cause now he felt vulnerable and he never wanted to feel that way again. He decided to worry about it in the morning. Lance went over to a dead tree and lean up against it before falling asleep. Kyra and Ophealia frowned at the site.

Mallian walked up to them and said, "Let them be."

They did, and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pristine was dreaming again. She was walking in a forest. This one was different from the Mystical Forest. The trees were more wide spread and the feel of it all seemed more elegant. Pristine walked a bit when she heard something. Sounded like galloping. That second, five unicorns galloped past her with elves on their backs. The unicorns were fillies and elves were all young. Pristine ran after them and soon saw them resting. One of the elf children bared a startling resemblance to Pixie, only she looked like a four year old. They all were laughing as well as tired.

"Boy Allora, you and the others are sure fast." laughed the youngest as she hugged the pale blue unicorn.

Pristine heard the girl and looked at the fillies and figured it was the princess and her court again.

"Thank you Pixie, but Grace is the fastest." smiled Allora, looking at the gray and white unicorn.

"I was actually holding back today." replied Grace.

"And why is that?" asked an elf girl with dark green hair and gold eyes.

"Because Elsie, she's afraid to let go." laughed Fanesse, a red filly.

"Actually Fanesse, I am not. I just don't want to leave everyone behind." replied Grace sternly.

"You want to race to prove it then?"

Grace smirked, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Oh here they go again." complained Joyce, who's a green unicorn.

"Come on Fanesse you can win!" shouted one of the boy elves, who had light brown hair with green eyes.

"I doubt it Dickory." stated another girl who looked to be the oldest of the elves and who looked like Elsie.

"I agree with Mae." nodded an elf girl with pale pink and yellow hair.

"Canaya, you always agree with Mae." giggled Pixie.

"All right you five the race is about to begin." replied Allora.

"How about I race you back to the village and back?" asked Fanesse.

"Fine but are you sure you don't want to have a head start?" asked Grace.

"Pa! I'll defeat you fair and square!" bragged Fanesse.

"Such confidence." Grace said.

"Cousin why don't you start off?" Joyce asked the princess.

"All right. On your mark, get set, go!" the princess ordered.

Fanesse took off fast with Grace right behind her. Soon the two were out of sight. About ten minutes later Grace galloped into view and she was going so fast that she was barely visible. She was a bit out of breath when she arrived. Other than that, she was fine. A few minutes later Fanesse came into view and literally collapsed a few feet in front of the others.

"I tried to warn you." replied Grace.

"Oh! . . . Be . . . Quiet!" gasped Fanesse causing the others to laugh.

Pristine giggled to herself as the dream ended and she slept for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the sun began to rise, Pristine woke up. She realized that someone was holding her. She smiled and knew it was Lance. It felt so right like this for some reason. As much as she wanted it to stay like this, she calmly moved out of his arms. Standing up, Pristine looked around her. Everyone was still asleep. The surroundings were depressing. Once white trees were scorched and torn and many were destroyed. The sky was gray. The once magnificent unicorn palace laid in ruins as well as many other buildings. The only one left standing was the Temple of Corlana, but it did not looked like the same structure like before.

"Sad, isn't it?" asked a voice.

Pristine turned to see Pixie. Pristine simply nodded. A tear fell down her cheek. For some reason, she felt a part of this place. Pixie felt her sadness.

"She ought to feel down. This was once her home." Pixie thought.

"Why did this have to happen?" she heard Pristine said.

"No one knows. Are you going to be okay?" Pixie placed a hand on Pristine's shoulder causing her to turn to her once again.

"I hope so."

She quickly wiped her eyes.

"Thanks Pixie."

"Anytime."

Soon everyone else woke up.

"I'm hungry. When's breakfast?" asked Kyra as she got up.

"Right now, Miss Kyra." answered Sir Reginald.

After they ate, they got ready to move on.

"I guess this is the Realm of the Unicorns." replied Ophealia.

"What's left of it." added Mallian.

They head toward the Temple of Corlana.

"Looks like there are writing on the door."

"It's ancient writing." added Pixie as she walked up.

Pristine saw the writing and recognized it immediately for some strange reason.

"Can you read it Pixie?" Kyra asked.

"Yes, I can. It says,

'Only the Pure of Heart can come through.'

Well Pristine, it looks like only you can enter."

"Why can only a pure-hearted person go in?" asked Pristine.

"Because this is a sacred place. It was said to be build where our world touches the Heavens. Some even say that the goddess Corlana herself built it when she created our world. That's why this building is still standing for Evil can't touch here."

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers
12