The Lost One Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

"I'm sorry." she replied.

"No need. Pristine?"

Lance placed his hand on her bare shoulder. She turned toward him.

Lance placed his hand on her cheek and started to caress it before saying, "Pristine, you mean so much to me. I couldn't bear if anything happened to you. I loved my family, but I never told them everyday cause I assumed they would always be there. I'll not make the same mistake here."

Pristine's heart began to beat faster and faster.

"Lance-"

"Shh."

Placing his other hand on her other cheek, he drew her closer. Closing her eyes, Pristine held her breath. Finally, his lips touched hers. Pristine sighed as she placed her hands on his wrists. His kiss was as tender as the morn and Pristine felt like she was flying; every bone in her body was melting.

"Her lips are so soft." he thought.

His was lost as he took the kiss deeper. She tasted like all the good things in life. He wanted to go further, but he had to know something first. Drawing back, he kept his hands on her cheeks. Her eyes were dazed and were deep blue. She was also breathing hard.

"I love you, Pristine. I've loved you ever since I first laid eyes on you. Please, tell me how you feel."

His voice was low and husky.

"Yes, I love you. I was just afraid to admit it. I've been hurt many times in my life."

"You won't be hurt anymore. Not while I'm here."

Lance's hands slid down to her upper arms.

"Oh, Lance. Hold me."

This time she was prepared as his arms wrapped around her. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he kissed her again.

"Finally." Lance thought.

The kiss they shared became deeper and hungrier. As some of the others watched, Ophealia and Lola worked very hard not to giggle. Kyra was about to protest when both Mallian and Pixie put their hands over her mouth. Kyra started to squirm.

"Shh! You'll ruin it." whispered Lola.

Too late. Both Pristine and Lance's faces turned to see the others and blushed.

"Oh, hi bro." waved Grayson.

"All right now. Let them be." replied Inion as he came in between the group.

"Excuse us." he said as he closed the doors.

"Maybe we should go back." Pristine suggested.

"Are you sure? I'm fine where I am."

Lance smiled and Pristine smiled back before they kissed again.

Awhile later, they returned to the ballroom to see everyone staring at them. Pixie was the one who broke the silence.

"Well, all I can say is that it's about time."

"How did you . . ." Lance started to ask.

"Oh for crying out loud! A blind man could see that you two were in love. Right Mallian?"

"Yes, indeed."

Kyra yawned and asked, "I am exhausted. Can we go to bed now?"

"Sure thing. Follow me." instructed Inion.

As they went up the other set of stairs, the lights started to die down. Soon they made it to another set of hallways.

"Down this hall is the men's room and down this hall is the ladies'. Whatever room you choose, something will already be there for you to wear. Also there are a few servants to help you. Mallian, Drock, Pixie; once you finish, I would like to speak with you. You know where to find me."

Inion left them. Before they separated, Lance and Pristine kissed one more time. As Pristine went down the ladies' hall, her instincts told her to go to the room with the double doors. Seeing the others picking their rooms, she went in. At once she felt at home. This was her room. She stayed here whenever she visited the place. Nothing had changed. Her white and flowing nightgown still lay on the huge four poster white bed. She looked in her expansive closet to see all her gowns there. There were a few invisible servants there to help her get undressed before Pristine put on the nightgown and a shawl. When the servants left, Pristine lit a candle and looked around the room. She remembered a hidden passageway near her cupboard full of books. Coming up to it, she saw a book called Prophecy. Pulling on it, the cupboard moved and revealed a stairway. Taking her candle, she walked down. She soon found herself in a room filled with portraits.

"I see you made your way here." said a voice.

Pristine turned to see Inion, Mallian, Drock, and Pixie.

"You knew all along that I would find this place." Pristine said.

"Indeed I did. I also know that the four of you saw the unicorn. When you saw her, you remembered many things right?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"Come with us." beckoned Mallian.

They led her to the other side of the room. There in front of her was a curtain. Inion walked to the side and pulled a cord to reveal a portrait. Pristine gasped. It was her with the same gown and hairstyle and jewelry she wore earlier tonight.

"These portraits are of those of the royal family from generation to generation." Pixie explained.

"Are you saying that I'm . . ." Pristine started to say, flabbergasted.

"Yes, you are." Drock finished.

"No! That's impossible! I remember having a past life, but I never . . ."

Pristine began to panic.

"It's true Pristine. You are the princess." insisted Inion.

"No! No! It can't be true! I'm confused. I need to be alone." Pristine ran off crying.

"Wait Pristine!" hollered Pixie.

"Perhaps we pushed too hard." said Mallian.

"She does remember, but not enough to realize who she is." Inion concluded.

"She shouldn't be alone right now." mentioned Drock.

"Right. Mallian and Drock you look for her. Pixie you find the Crystal of Life. It will help us find Pristine."

They nodded and went off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, Lance was having a dream. He was dreaming that Pristine was being consumed by darkness. He heard a voice.

"Pristine's in danger. Go to her." it said.

Lance didn't know it, but it was the unicorn. Lance woke up as he sat straight up. Leaping out of bed, Lance pulled his robe on over his sleeping attire before grabbing his sword that was laying next to his bed. He went downstairs and head outside, hoping he was not too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Pristine ran outside and wept near a pond.

"I don't know what to believe anymore." she said, wiping her tears.

Suddenly, she got the instinct that she was being watched. Getting up, Pristine started to head back to the citadel. But as Pristine moved faster, so did the thing following her. Then out of the bushes, someone ambushed her. But before she screamed, it gagged her. She turned her head a bit and saw that he was dressed in black from head-to-toe. He's too strong for her as he tied her hands in front of her. Still struggling to get free, Pristine tried to kick him. The figure dragged her to a nearby tree. Pristine continued to trip, but the person kept dragging her. He finally stood her up and as fast as the wind, he tied her against the tree trunk. He also tied her hands about her head. Pristine realized that this person was a shadow demon.

"The Evil One wants to see you my dear. But since I can't have you squirming the whole way, Lord Zeather gave me this special dagger to put you to sleep. Now hold still cause this is really going to hurt." he said.

Pristine shut her eyes. But before the demon pierced her heart, he felt a sword thrust through him.

He turned his head to see Lance, who said, "I don't think so."

Pristine opened her eyes to see Lance take the sword out and her assailant fall dead. Lance looked at Pristine, who began to cry wildly. Dropping his sword and with concern in his eyes, he rushed up and removed the gag.

"Oh Lance!" Pristine blurted out before he kissed her.

Lance untied her and she wrapped her arms around him as she cried. Lance just hugged her. Then holding her at arm's-length, he wiped her tears and smoothed out her hair from her eyes and face.

"It's all right now, love. I'm here." he whispered.

He kissed her forehead, nose, and cheeks.

"Do you want to stay with me tonight?" he asked.

Pristine looked at him.

"Look, all I would do is hold you. Nothing more, nothing less."

And Lance intended to keep that promise. Taking a deep breath, Pristine nodded her head before drawing him close and placing her head on his shoulder. Lance picked her up in one swoop and headed for the palace. That was when everyone else rushed out.

"What happened?!" Ophealia demanded.

"Pristine was ambushed by one of Zeather's men. He tried to put her to sleep, but I got him in time. Pristine is staying with me tonight. Someone get my sword please." Lance explained before walking through the group and into the castle.

Xack went and got Lance's sword and cleaned it on the ground.

"Come on everyone. It's time we all get some rest." said Inion as he and the others walked in.

Lance carried Pristine all the way up to his room. He kicked the door open and shut it with his hip. He placed her on the bed.

Taking his robe off, he asked Pristine, "Would you like to take your shawl off?"

Pristine looked at him and his bare chest before slipping off her shift and giving it to him. He placed their clothes on the dresser before coming back and slipping under the covers.

"Come on Pristine." he offered so gently.

Pristine knew he was being honest and got under the covers before snuggling up to Lance as he wrapped his arms around her. In no time, they both fell asleep. That night, Pristine dreamt of the unicorn talking to her.

"Pristine, you have every right to be scared. But you know the answer as well as I. Soon your greatest test arrives. Not the one with Zeather, but the one with yourself. Once you overcome that test, nothing will stand in your way." she said before vanishing.

Pristine dreamt again. This time she was in the same room where Inion gave her that gown she wore that night. In front of her was herself again, only she looked to be sixteen. Pristine also realized it was that angelic figure before too. Was Pristine really the princess? Inside she felt her soul telling her the answer. As she battled within herself, the door opened and four figures appeared. They were the princess's court, only much older than the last time Pristine saw them.

"Pristine you looked enchanting!" gasped Allora.

"Well it's not every day royalty celebrates his or her coming of age." smiled Grace.

Pristine suddenly remembered this day. And Allora had addressed the princess as Pristine. So it was true. She was the princess. But Pristine still felt something was missing here.

"I haven't felt this confident since . . ." Princess Pristine started to say.

"We know cousin. It's been awhile." finished Joyce.

"A lifetime ago." added Allora.

"Come on already! There's a ball downstairs and I am ready to go!" shouted Fanesse.

"Hehe, right you are. Let's go." the princess nodded.

Pristine watched as they left. Other memories came forth. Only these calmed her down more.

As the sun shined into the bedroom, Pristine woke up to the sweet taste of Lance's lips on hers. Opening her eyes, Pristine saw Lance, who was leaning on one shoulder, and smiled at him.

"Good morning, Pristine."

"Good morning."

"How are you feeling?"

"Much better. Thank-you."

"My pleasure."

Lance touched her cheek and Pristine placed her hand on his.

"I have a feeling that something big will happen. I can't tell if it's good or bad."

Lance took her hand and kissed each finger before saying, "Maybe it's both. Whatever happens, I'll always be here for you."

Lance kissed her again as he held her close. Pristine wrapped her arms around him.

Soon, they heard a bell for breakfast.

"We better get up before the others make us." Pristine said as Lance kissed her neck.

"Let them try."

That was when someone knocked loudly on the door.

"All right you two lovebirds! Get up before I have to make you!" ordered Kyra.

"Yeah! You two had your fun. Now's time to get serious." added Lola.

"As princess, I order you to get up!" commanded Ophealia.

"All right already!" shouted Lance as he got up.

Pristine laughed as she got out of the bed and got her shift. Lance got his robe on as well.

"Excuse me, but can I come in?" asked Inion.

"In a minute." Lance said.

He quickly kissed Pristine before she left. Inion went in.

"Here is a new set of clothes for you to travel in Lance." Inion handed him.

"Oh, thanks."

Lance was a bit surprised.

When Pristine came out, there waiting in the hall was Kyra, Ophealia, and Lola. The first thing Pristine noticed was their clothes were different.

"What's with the new clothes?"

"Inion gave us new traveling clothes since our original ones are getting worn out." explained Lola.

She looked like a warrior for she was wearing a little bit of armor.

"Well?" Lola suddenly asked her.

"Well what?"

Lola went up and whispered in her ear, not wanting Kyra to hear.

Pristine turned red and yelled, "Of course not! You knew what kind of state I was in last night. I can't believe you thought that!"

"Thought what?" asked Kyra.

"Uh, you'll learn when you're older." Ophealia answered.

"Pristine? Why did you run outside?"

"I really can't tell you now."

"That's okay Pristine."

"Well, Pristine I suggest you wash and get changed. We'll be downstairs. Bye!" said Lola before the three left.

Going back to her chamber, Pristine found the bathroom connected to her room. After getting clean, Pristine dressed herself in the outfit Inion set out for her. It was then Pristine remembered wearing the outfit on the day of the Invasion, for they were her training clothes. After she dressed, Pristine noticed her other belongings and the Crystal of Life and got them. She glanced around the room one more time and something caught her eye. There was an actual book called Prophecy on the dresser. Picking it up, she read where a page was indented. It read,

'There will come a time when darkness covers our galaxy. Then one day the Child of Light, whose soul was split into two, will vanquish the evil and restore the balance of light and dark, and bring peace to the galaxy.'

Pristine closed the book slowly and thought. So that was why she couldn't remember who she was. Her soul was divided into two parts. She finally acknowledged herself and accepted her destiny. When she did this, images flashed into her mind. Not of her life as a unicorn, but from ancient times. Putting the book down, she left the room.

When she got downstairs, everyone else was eating.

"Sorry, I took so long."

Pristine took a seat next to Lance.

"No problem Pristine. I hope you slept well." said Inion.

Everyone stopped and looked at the couple before Pristine replied, "I rested, nothing more."

"Pixie, Mallian, Drock? Did you know that soon it will mark the twenty-eight anniversary of the Invasion?" Inion asked them.

"No, I forgot all about it." said Mallian.

"Why bring it up?" asked Pixie.

"That's for you to find out." replied Inion.

"Inion, I was wondering about something. If Drackor's magic is protecting this area, then how did one of Zeather's men get in here?" asked Ophealia.

"That's because the Evil One's forces are growing stronger. Soon the protective barriers will be over-powered."

"Then we better find the unicorn fast." said Grayson.

"Lola? Are you and Xack coming?" asked Pristine.

"We sure are."

Later they restocked their supplies. Soon after they went outside and got ready to leave.

"Don't worry about the alobine. I'll watch over them." Inion said.

"Thank-you for everything." thanked Pristine.

Melanie came up to Pristine.

"Oh, good bye little one. You be a good girl okay?"

Pristine pet her before she and the others mounted their horses.

"I can give no further advice my friends. But I can show a shortcut under the mountains. Follow me." instructed Inion as he led them behind the palace.

Behind the palace was another tunnel.

"This will lead you to the land of Drexal. It will take you at least a week to get there. The Evil One has very little influence there, but mind you there is dispute. Zeather does have another fortress near the border. All I can say now is good-luck, and may victory be yours!"

"Thank-you Inion. Bye." replied Pristine before they all headed into the tunnel.

Once they were out of sight, Drackor appeared behind Inion.

"You have done well my friend."

"They will succeed. I know they will."

Inion turned around.

"By the time the sun sets in a little over three weeks, the prophecy will be fulfilled."

"I never thought I'd live to see the day. Is there anything else we can do?"

"No. I've contacted all the enchanted folk, plus the King of Grom. They are all prepared."

"Then let us get ready as well."

The two vanished along with the alobine. That was when the unicorn came out.

"Mother. Father. I will not fail you. Not this time." she said.

Her horn glowed as a portal opened up. She quickly went through it before it disappeared. The final pieces were coming into place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hehehe, yeah they're officially a couple now and Pristine finally remembers who she is. That's why I love this chapter hehe. The next chapter is a short one but it sets up the chapter after it and it's a real doosey for so much happens in Ch. 10. Please rate and review, but no flames.

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers
12